OFF THE WALL 30 in 2010

LOL, but Off the Wall was released in 79. Technically the 30th Anniversary is this year :scratch:

^That's because it was MEANT to be released this year. February, 2009 to be exact. Then August, 2009.

Now some time in 2010.

was originally planned for Feb 2009, then March 2009, then April 2009, then August 2009, now 2010? LOL!

Sony is trying to spread out the re-re-re-re-releases

people can make up storys and make up whatever they can do to get us mad :yes:

nobody is rockstar to find that out about 2010 off the wall album come out :thinking:
don't believe in them :no: it'll come out this year :yes: :)

its the 30 year of release. i guess they will look at it like that

people can make up storys and make up whatever they can do to get us mad :yes:

nobody is rockstar to find that out about 2010 off the wall album come out :thinking:
don't believe in them :no: it'll come out this year :yes: :)

The news is from Sony Music.
The set will hit the streets sometime in 2010.

LOL, but Off the Wall was released in 79. Technically the 30th Anniversary is this year :scratch:

Well, technically (according the the T25 calendar) OTW30's anniversary starts in August of this year. So technically, they have from August 2009 to August 2010 to celebrate it as that qualifies as a whole year. DisneyWorld has been known to celebrate Mickey's Birthday or what-have-you for that whole year...even tho Mickey's bday falls on one particular day. I think Sony is taking the Disney approach to these album anniversaries. :lol:

I'm kinda bummed as I was hoping to get the OTW30 thingy and was just wondering how we hadn't heard any news on it. The concerts this summer/fall should fill the void but it does make me wonder if the OTW30 edition was pushed back for, I dunno.... something else? :fear: Not going to get my hopes up tho. The concert should fill all the other voids and Maxwell's new CD is finally coming out so all is not lost. :girl_dance:

Thanks for posting, mjdatabank. :flowers:

You're welcome wendy2004.
Yes, the O2 gigs changed all planned schedules, and tat is something I guess we can understand.

And you are right, there are quite some CD's to come this year, and some long-anticipated returns as well. I've heard about the return of BLACKstreet - a serious one this time. Can't wait for that.

I don't mind OTW being pushed back. Hopefully the content will meet our expectations.

I really hope they don't try and do what they did on Thriller 25 with remixes of the old songs featuring today's artists. Unless there are some rare recordings on OTW30 that are not on the 2001 special edition, I'm staying away from this.

I had a feeling that it would be pushed back when Sony announced yesterday that were were releasing another greatest hits package to coincide with the O2 concerts.

They might as well release "Off The Wall 30", "Bad 22", "Dangerous 18", "HIStory 14" and "Invincible 8" this year and get it over with :D

They might as well release "Off The Wall 30", "Bad 22", "Dangerous 18", "HIStory 14" and "Invincible 8" this year and get it over with :D

haha thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they pro will release an anniversay cd everytime a cd gets 20 or 25 years old......

just hope it be good

Back