October 31 - Nov 02 (Update for Nov 2, 2008 on post #37)

Re: October 31 - Nov 02 (Update for Nov 1, 2008 on post #26)

here today news

here is website:http://www.jaunted.com/story/2008/1...+Dancing+at+the+2008+Village+Halloween+Parade

Ghost Snakes and Zombie Dancing at the 2008 Village Halloween Parade

31_October_2008_Village_Hallowee-2.jpg

31_October_2008_Village_Hallowee-1.jpg

31_October_2008_Village_Halloween_P.jpg

New York has a parade for just about every holiday save Arbor Day, but the one that seems to suit the city best is the annual Greenwich Village Halloween Parade. This year, a confluence of factors made the parade a bit weirder than usual, creating a timely diversion from regular life so that people such as your correspondent could get out of their heads for a while and appreciate the lengths many New Yorkers go through just to entertain. For starters (and to paraphrase a classic rap track), this year Halloween fell on a weekend, making a traditional party night even more of one. Add to that a highly-charged election with easily-caricatured candidates, an economy in free fall, and the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller, and you've got the makings of a major Halloween spectacle. Being slightly past whoo-hoo! age, we avoided the six-deep crowd on the sidewalk and enjoyed the parade from a friend's apartment overlooking Sixth Avenue, and while it made for lousy photographs, the elevated perspective highlighted the effort and energy that goes into New York's freakiest mass happening of the year.

The parade officially started at 7:00 p.m., but didn't really get rolling through the Village until 8:00, when it was led by a phalanx of ghosts floating above the street and glowing in the light of the streetlamps. Ghost snakes (top photo) and skeletal monsters (below) appeared shortly after, deftly manipulated by handlers who made their every grasp toward the crowd lifelike and creepy.

Several dramatic ensembles emerged shortly after, including an impressive group of Michael Jackson impersonators and about fifty zombie dancers who did a spot-on rendition of the Thriller dance (zombie-perspective video here). Zombie hands, everybody! The best part came when the song ended and the dancers all immediately rushed the crowd on both sides of the street, leaving several people visibly taken aback. It was a quality performance, and it looked like they were having a blast.

My favorite all-time parade ensemble was a carnival pie-eating contest from several years ago, but a group of Richard Simmonses from this year came close. The crowd roared as about twenty guys in striped shorts, tank tops, and afros did his high-energy disco-exercise routine in the middle of the street. You've got to love this city.

The entertainment went on and on, including marching bands, political satire, a pixelated Pacman, and one wedding. We read that about seven sponsors pulled out of the parade for financial reasons, but the few who remained put up a valiant effort, including the trio of sparkly Minis from Zipcar.

We managed to get home on the subway without getting slashed, and hit the sack after indulging in some Milk Duds and Whoppers. In all, it was another inspiring Halloween Parade in New York, and we look forward to watching the freaks come out again next year. For a bunch of quality photos of the event, take a stroll through the Greenwich Village Halloween 2008 Flickr pool.

I'm feeling mighty good about all this. I f*ckin' LOVE the vibe, dude. :girl_sigh:

can't believe Reuter, the trusted newsites where many media outlets copy their articles from, said MJ is the self-proclaimed king of pop. whoever wrote that article can go to HELLL
reuters have had a problem with mj for years. their reporting cant be trusted when it comes to mj cause of their agenda. they were jokes during 03-05. continuingly reporting false info. saying mj had lost major motions when he had actually won them and lieing about testimony. if they have agendas over something so trival ie a single person what are they like in reporting major issues?

*Old news rockstar*

Last edited by a moderator:

not really news but an old letter i came across on another board that makes your heart melt. remember reading this at the time back in 05

www.mjjsource.com

A Letter to Michael: "After meeting you, the doctors called it a miracle..."

Created: Tuesday, 05 July 2005

This particular letter and photo touched our hearts so deeply, we just had to share it...

Dearest Michael,

I'll never forget what you did for my son, Daniele. After meeting you, the doctors called it a miracle, because for some months it was like he never had AIDS.

Now that justice has been served, I just wanted to express my gratitude and my happiness.

Please, don't ever let people get at you like that again. I know you're kind-hearted and want to help everyone, but not all people deserve so much attention.

My child is not here with us anymore, but I know that from up there he's always looking over you. He's never forgotten what you did for him.

God bless you, Antonietta (Italy)

ANTONIETTAandMJ98.jpg

Update coming up shortly. Seems as our Michael is out and about again this time at KFC! :)

Michael Jackson News for November 2, 2008:

michael-jackson-at-kfc-big.jpg

Nov 02 2008
1:35 pm
Michael Jackson Pulls up for a Two Piece and a Biscuit + What Tour?

Michael Jackson was spotted by the eagle eyes over at TMZ, as his Cadillac Escalade pulled up to a Kentucky Fried Chicken spot in Brentwood, California. Did I just commit a brand flub there? Kentucky Fried Chicken should be KFC, but who calls it that? “I’m going to KFC..”
- even Mikey needs his fix. It also allows me to update that Jackson 5 reunion story. Seems as though Jermaine Jackson was talking out loud about the good ol’ days getting a refresh. He and the rest of the fam might have plans to get on stage, but Michael Jackson took time between bites of a crisp chicken breast to say, sounds good, but I’ll pass..
“My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we’ve certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them.”
All this chicken talk..
buttermilk-fried-chicken.jpg

I’m starving for a buttermilk dipped joint now.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/33714484.html

Jackson turns down Wynn Encore gig

Michael Jackson was approached about performing for the opening of Steve Wynn's Encore tower in December but declined, it has been learned.
Jackson, who last performed in 2002 at a concert for the "Every Vote Counts" campaign at the Apollo in Harlem, N.Y., has been recording in the Palms studios.

adsonar_placementId=21160;adsonar_pid=167778;adsonar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=250;adsonar_zh=250;adsonar_jv='ads.adsonar.com';

Encore is Wynn's $2.2 billion project that adds a 2,034-room tower next to Wynn Las Vegas, which opened in 2005.
Jackson was back in the news in recent days when he announced he won't be joining a Jackson 5 reunion tour set for 2009.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for November 2, 2008:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/2254392

Family members of Sir Edmund Hillary are upset by a pizza promotion featuring a skeletal animation of the revered New Zealander dancing on a grave.
Hell Pizza posted the animation online which depicts Sir Ed, Heath Ledger and the Queen Mother emerging from graves and dancing to Michael Jackson's song "Thriller", two days before Halloween.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/November2008/02/c4062.html

WINDSOR, ON, Nov. 2 /CNW/ - The world is certainly a different place
today than it was 25 years ago. In 1983, Ronald Reagan was President of the
United States, the internet was created, the first mobile phones were
introduced, and Michael Jackson first performed his famous "moonwalk." It was
also the year Chrysler introduced the first minivan and set off an automotive
revolution.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps.../20081102/ENCORE01/311029994/-1/ENTERTAINMENT

MILFORD – The musical "Back to the '80s" will be performed by the RiverBend Youth Company at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 7, 8, 14 and 15 and at 2 p.m. Nov. 9 and 16 at the Amato Center.

Written by Neil Gooding in 2001 and produced in Queensland, Australia, the show has become the most frequently performed musical in Australia in recent years.

Released in the United States in 2004, 25 chart-topping songs from the 1980s are incorporated into the story, such as "Video Killed the Radio Star," "Come On, Eileen" and "Love Shack."

"Star Wars," "Wax on, wax off" and the Michael Jackson glove are but a few tidbits of '80s pop culture that make their way into the show.

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=281424&pub=1&div=Lifestyles
“We’re also doing a lot of musical theater songs,” said Calvin Ellis, director. “That’s something new.”
“Strangers Like Me” from “Tarzan” will be included, as will “The Song of Purple Summer” from “Spring Awakening,” “Move” from “Dreamgirls” and “I Sing the Body Electric” from “Fame.”

The performers also will sing rockers like “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” “Jump,” “Beautiful Day” and more.

We’ve included the Michael Jackson song ‘Man in the Mirror,’” said Calvin Ellis, director. “You know how it says, ‘make a change?’ We’re sponsoring a food drive and we’re asking people to bring canned food to the concerts.”

Michael Jackson HIStory for November 2, 2008:

2000 - Michael Jackson's mini-film "Ghosts" was shown at the International Fantastic Film Festival in Tokyo, Japan.

2001 - It was announced that Michael Jackson would make his first in-store appearance on the following Wednesday (November 7) to promote the album "Invincible." The album was his all-new studio album in 10 years.

Last edited:
This is one reason why I don't go to that cheezzzzyyyyy azz site....

Last edited by a moderator:
I do apologize for not editing that insult out from that website. If you have any questions please pm me.

omg all this mj stuff going on...THE MJ VIBE IS BACK BABY!!! :)

not really news but an old letter i came across on another board that makes your heart melt. remember reading this at the time back in 05

ANTONIETTAandMJ98.jpg

That's heavy and touching. Thank you for posting. See, this is what Michael does for people and it's what so many people ignore about the man. It's too bad. Because Michael is a beautiful person.

That's heavy and touching. Thank you for posting. See, this is what Michael does for people and it's what so many people ignore about the man. It's too bad. Because Michael is a beautiful person.

maybe those "people" dont deserve to even know what a wonderful person michael is. maybe their mind cant even conceive such beauty and kindness.

Thanks DM and the rest of you guys for posting the news.

BTW, is facebook are reliable source? Just asking.

Please, don't ever let people get at you like that again. I know you're kind-hearted and want to help everyone, but not all people deserve so much attention.

My child is not here with us anymore, but I know that from up there he's always looking over you. He's never forgotten what you did for him.

Wow. I never read this touching letter before. Thanks for posting this. This is a reminder of how wonderful MJ truly is. Wow. The bolded part is so important. It truly is. Not just for MJ but for everyone, really. There are a lot of people out there that take advantage of extremely nice and giving people. That is just the reality of this sick world.

Because they keep going back to the "sleeping with or likes little boys" crap.

Monsters. It is really a damn shame. It really is. Why even bring up these lies, media? That is their way to avoid the truth about Michael. Let it be Oprah, the media would praise her like she is the best thing in the world. What they do not tell you is the truth about her and that she does chairty to be on tv or in the headlines. Michael give two craps about others and people ruin him for that. Sick bastards.

I totally agree with you Bee. The mother sounds very sincere and thankful. How nice of her to care about Mike like that. Whether she's a fan or not, I believe she'll keep on praying for him. As for the doubters, I think it's a strong sign of cynicism in this world. They forget or deny there are good-hearted people even with the kind of fame and fortune that Mike has. So, they end up creating the MJ to go with their logic in their minds and questioning what they might call "true motives" behind his love for children, when in fact, all he does is love children, no more no less.

Jackson has been "in L.A. working ... and meeting with people like will.i.am," confirmed one music source, adding, "From what I hear, it's going really well."
Ooh, I'm sure I ain't the only one who gets hyped up at this part!!!

Just watched video of "Thriller" re-enactment in the studio of televised show.

Why all those "look-a-likes" have to wear bold bloody red lipstick when Jackson never does it?

This is strange, those people obviously confuse Michael with Boy George or someone like that.

Back