October 29, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
There's no news thread yet so let me see what's up in the world of MJ :yes:

Ok not much going on except people talking about the J5 reunion tour that Jermaine Jackson has confirmed (we already have a thread on this for discussion :yes: ) but here's some of the articles printed on it and some tid bits about Michael...

Beat goes on for this Jackson
20jackson_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg
Reinvented... Jermaine Jackson in Sydney yesterday.
Photo: Danielle Smith

Emily Dunn and Garry Maddox
October 30, 2008

FROM Jackson Five singer to reality television star, Jermaine Jackson, like his siblings, has refused to fade.
Now 53, the fourth of the nine Jackson children last year reinvented himself as a reality TV star when he was crowned runner-up to Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty on the British version of Celebrity Big Brother. His appearance won him a new generation of fans and put the Jackson Five hit I Want You Back back in the British charts.
"My role was to try and find tranquillity and peace," Jackson told SiT yesterday of his time in the house.
The singer and father of seven - who converted to Islam in 1989 and divides his time between Los Angeles and the Middle East - is focusing on creating Jackson-nostalgia. He produced the '90s television miniseries The Jacksons: An American Dream (where son Jermaine jnr portrayed him as a teenager) and is working on a new reality series of the Jackson family (Michael is scheduled to make cameo appearances, he says) and a West End jukebox musical of the group's hits - planned for 2010 - along with attempts to reunite the original group for a world tour. "[But] it has to be spectacular."
On his famous brother, Michael, Jackson said he was "very happy".
"I am the one who put [Michael] in Bahrain, I told him to go somewhere that is private and peaceful - [although] he still has to disguise himself," he said of Michael's move from the US after being acquitted of child sex abuse charges, during the hearing of which he often appeared in court supported by Jermaine.
"We still get together for family days and holiday gatherings," the big brother said of the Jackson clan, which includes 27 grandchildren. "[Now] we are the audience; it is the children who perform for us."
Jackson was in Sydney yesterday for the launch of 111 Hits, a new Foxtel channel of television classics. In Melbourne today, he will join Molly Meldrum to film a one-hour special of Countdown, to air on Saturday and featuring him performing I Want You Back. Last night, he joined Jenna Elfman, star of the US television series Dharma & Greg, and Foxtel personalities Antonia Kidman, Sophie Falkiner, Ian Thorpe and Sarah Murdoch, at a party in Sydney for the launch of Foxtel's 2009 season.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertai...or-this-jackson/2008/10/29/1224956139745.html

Michael Jackson to tour with siblings

Michael_Jackson_to_291008.jpg

Posted : Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:06:20 GMTAuthor : DPA

window.google_render_ad(); Sydney - Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, will tour the world with a reconstituted Jackson 5, his older brother Jermaine Jackson said in Sydney on Wednesday. "This has been a long time coming for the Jackson family to get back together," Jackson told Australia's AAP news agency. "It's just the timing," he said. "So what we have been doing is working on the music and all the logistics."

The Jackson 5 were hugely successful in the 1970s and rumours of a reunion have been circulating for some time.

"It's going to be more like a family affair, Janet's going to open and, of course, the original Jackson 5 ... Michael, Randy and the whole family ... we are in the studio, we are planning on being out there next year," Jackson said in Sydney.

The group originally consisted of siblings Michael, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon Jackson. Later Randy Jackson replaced his brother Jermaine.
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/239141,michael-jackson-to-tour-with-siblings.html

Jackson 5 to reunite

October 30, 2008

SYDNEY: Former pop idol Michael Jackson will join his siblings in resurrecting the 1970s hit band The Jackson 5, his older brother says.

Jermaine Jackson last night confirmed rumours that The Jackson 5 were getting back together and said they would tour from next year.
At a pay-TV launch in Sydney, Jackson said his siblings were all on board, including Michael and Janet. Rumours have been floating around for a year.
"This has been a long time coming for the Jackson family to get back together," Jackson said.
"It is just the timing, so what we've been doing is working on the music and all the logistics.
"It is going to be more like a family affair, Janet's going to open and, of course, the original Jackson 5 ... we're in the studio, we're planning on being out there next year."
Jackson was the guest of honour at the Multi Channel Network's 2009 launch to advertisers in Sydney.
AAP

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24574618-2703,00.html

Mentioning...

Washington begins stretch with lame-duck coach

By TIM BOOTH – 15 hours ago
SEATTLE (AP) — Michael Jackson songs blared from the speakers next to the field. Tyrone Willingham still wore a purple cap with a white "W" on the front, bouncing around to various players and clapping encouragement during the beginning stages of Tuesday's practice...
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h5-VjcZtDRqEqr-lDnxxBT8jROvQD943QOD82

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1961 - Stephan Randell (Randy Jackson) was born.

2003 - It was reported that Michael Jackson's "What More Can I Give" charity single had been released as a paid download on the Internet. The release was delayed two years due to disputes over ownership of the song. The charity single was originally intended to aid victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in New York.

Last edited:
maybe the reason why janet is not scheduled to tour solo abroad is because she will join her brothers on tour. this is very good for Michael too cause he will be able to tour the US where he is reluctant to do it solo. Michael's biggest strength right now is J5 union.

Michael's biggest strength right now is J5 union.
hardly, in the usa maybe but no where else. janets ppl said shes planning on touring the rest fo the world next year. whether it happens?

Thanks Shannon.

Hopespringseternal - no offense to you at all and thanks for posting the link but I have officially stop going on tmz.com last week. I wish I can post the pic, but I have officially stop reading that trash website.

and is working on a new reality series of the Jackson family (Michael is scheduled to make cameo appearances, he says)

Now, I am more excited about that one. And I thought Jermaine had 10 children? Seven? Errr......

in the usa maybe

I doubt that. The USA wants a solo tour from Mike. Let's not generalized countries here. I doubt that a J5 reunion would give MJ strength. I do not see how that relates to anything. I can't see a reunion happening at all. Now, the reality show - a huge possibility.

Nice picture of Mike from Tmz. That girl saying hello to him hasnt we seen her before?.........stalker

Thanks Shannon.

Hopespringseternal - no offense to you at all and thanks for posting the link but I have officially stop going on tmz.com last week. I wish I can post the pic, but I have officially stop reading that trash website.

Now, I am more excited about that one. And I thought Jermaine had 10 children? Seven? Errr......

I doubt that. The USA wants a solo tour from Mike. Let's not generalized countries here. I doubt that a J5 reunion would give MJ strength. I do not see how that relates to anything. I can't see a reunion happening at all. Now, the reality show - a huge possibility.

Hey Bee, i completely agree with you i just wanted the pic posted and all of the BS removed and i don't know how hoping that someone here is computer savvy and post it, Mike looks really good and i hate it's on TMZ, someone who knows im a fan and reads that site sent me an email alert and that's how i know other than that i wouldn't be on that site either.

Nice picture of Mike from Tmz. That girl saying hello to him hasnt we seen her before?.........stalker

To be fair, she could be a fan. Let's not call people names, here.... well TMZ.com for always following Mike we can call them names. But not the innocent bystander that could have saw Mike and was shocked.

Hey Bee, i completely agree with you i just wanted the pic posted and all of the BS removed and i don't know how hoping that someone here is computer savvy and post it, Mike looks really good and i hate it's on TMZ, someone who knows im a fan and reads that site sent me an email alert and that's how i know other than that i wouldn't be on that site either

Oh alright. There is a thread about it just now. I didn't want to insult you. It is just that their nasty coverage of Mike has really angered me to a point that I really want nothing to do with that website or their shitty show. Oh ok, I see reagrding the e-mail alret. Nevertheless, thanks for posting. :)

Last edited:
hardly, in the usa maybe but no where else. janets ppl said shes planning on touring the rest fo the world next year. whether it happens?
Indeed. Mj's fanbase is weakest in USA. But this is where the J5 fanbase is strongest, although J5 was big abroad as well, but the majority of black americans are mainly J5 fans and would rather see the entire brothers on stage. many of them may not go to see solo Mj but will most definately go and see J5.
Janet, on the otherhand, is much weaker abroad and could benefit from the exposure such a tour could bring her.

Indeed. Mj's fanbase is weakest in USA

Excuse me, Dats, but that is a flat out lie. I am American and Mike has a very strong fanbase in the USA. Let's stop with the generalizations and unproven facts. A lot of USA fans posts on this board and the KOP board, there are plenty of USA fans online and offline and there were a lot of USA fans that supported him during the trial. Just because they are not as rabid as some other fan groups, doesn't mean that it is weaken. Unless you have any hard core facts that disputes what I am saying, you should not be saying that.

Excuse me, Dats, but that is a flat out lie. I am American and Mike has a very strong fanbase in the USA. Let's stop with the generalizations and unproven facts. A lot of USA fans posts on this board and the KOP board, there are plenty of USA fans online and offline and there were a lot of USA fans that supported him during the trial. Just because they are not as rabid as some other fan groups, doesn't mean that it is weaken. Unless you have any hard core facts that disputes what I am saying, you should not be saying that.

Thanks for saying this. When I saw that I thought what the hell?

bee, I think you misunderstand what I am saying.Mj does have a strong fanbase in the US, but I do believe that the strength of his fanbase there is not as strong as it is abroad. That doesn't mean it is weak, it just means that it isn't as strong as say, Britain or Japan or france, etc. that isn't a bad thing. my argument is that the jackson 5 is stronger in America than in Europe, so the Americans would be happier to see the Jackson 5 cause that is where it all began.

That doesn't mean it is weak, it just means that it isn't as strong as say

Dats, I respect you a lot, but have you ever been to the States? If you haven't then you can't say that. You just said on a previous reply that the fanbase has "weaken" and that is not true. USA is not known for being rapid about celebrities in a sense.

it just means that it isn't as strong as say, Britain or Japan or france

And that is proven by......?

Thanks for saying this

You are very welcome. I support my country no matter what. A lot of non USA fans forget that MJ is American, MJ is into the American values, MJ is proud to be an American and MJ has a huge fanbase. The hating ass media admitted during the trial that MJ has a big fan base in America. I think that some people need to stop relying in the media and rely on personal experiences. I am sick and tired of USA being singled out by non USA fans just because of what they read, see and hear in the media regarding Mike. If Mike hated his country, he would have never came back. Before the late, great James Brown passed, he told Al Sharpton to tell Michael to come back home. That is very powerful when you think about it. I also believe that his people at one time, made him believed that his own country doesn't like him anymore and he believed that laughable lie.

If Michael tour (brothers or no brothers) people will go (especially if the price is in a person's budget).

I agree with you. Michael is loved everywhere. :)

You are very welcome. I support my country no matter what. A lot of non USA fans forget that MJ is American, MJ is into the American values, MJ is proud to be an American and MJ has a huge fanbase. The hating ass media admitted during the trial that MJ has a big fan base in America. I think that some people need to stop relying in the media and rely on personal experiences. I am sick and tired of USA being singled out by non USA fans just because of what they read, see and hear in the media regarding Mike. If Mike hated his country, he would have never came back. Before the late, great James Brown passed, he told Al Sharpton to tell Michael to come back home. That is very powerful when you think about it. I also believe that his people at one time, made him believed that his own country doesn't like him anymore and he believed that laughable lie.[/quote]

You beat me commenting on this. I agree. This is some of the reasons why American Idol and others try to talk about him PERFORMING on their shows. They know people (USA FANS) want to see Michael perform.

bee, I think you misunderstand what I am saying.Mj does have a strong fanbase in the US, but I do believe that the strength of his fanbase there is not as strong as it is abroad. That doesn't mean it is weak, it just means that it isn't as strong as say, Britain or Japan or france, etc. that isn't a bad thing. my argument is that the jackson 5 is stronger in America than in Europe, so the Americans would be happier to see the Jackson 5 cause that is where it all began.

That isn't even true at all, let me make this really simple: Michael's catalogue solo sales here in the USA are massive he outsells many of his comtemporaries like Madonna and Prince when it comes to his older music, whereas the J-5 and the Jacksons older albums don't sell well at all, why do you think that in recent years SONY worked with Universal to put the Jackson 5 and Jacksons material on MJ's greatest hits compilations? to get more fans who wouldn't even bother picking up a J-5 or Jacksons album to discover them through that. As Bee said earlier please quit generalising unless you have been to america and know how fans here buy MJ's music and support him you can't say such things as we being weak fans.

Dats, I respect you a lot, but have you ever been to the States? If you haven't then you can't say that. You just said on a previous reply that the fanbase has "weaken" and that is not true. USA is not known for being rapid about celebrities in a sense.

And that is proven by......?

You are very welcome. I support my country no matter what. A lot of non USA fans forget that MJ is American, MJ is into the American values, MJ is proud to be an American and MJ has a huge fanbase. The hating ass media admitted during the trial that MJ has a big fan base in America. I think that some people need to stop relying in the media and rely on personal experiences. I am sick and tired of USA being singled out by non USA fans just because of what they read, see and hear in the media regarding Mike. If Mike hated his country, he would have never came back. Before the late, great James Brown passed, he told Al Sharpton to tell Michael to come back home. That is very powerful when you think about it. I also believe that his people at one time, made him believed that his own country doesn't like him anymore and he believed that laughable lie.
Yes, i have been to USA. I have lived there too and some of his strongest fans are members of my family. my 73 year old auntie is a die hard fan.
i am not saying that Mj has no fans in Us. I would never say that. there are too many US fans on this board for me to say that.
What I was doing was comparing the strength of his fanbase, and comparing it with the strenth of J5 base. That doesn't mean that it is weak, it just mean that it is not at its strongest there.
I said that his solo career is weakest in the usa but his j5 fanbase is strongest in US,
I also said that most US fans are J5 fans because of his roots and where he started. I was making a case for j5 fans in Usa v Mj fans abroad.
I actually believe that Mj may view it this way as well, since he hasn't toured the states since his bad tour and if the recent report is correct, he still has no plans to tour the states. This is not a bash on Mj fans in the states, this is just my observation, I could be wrong.

I also believe that his people at one time, made him believed that his own country doesn't like him anymore and he believed that laughable lie.

I think this too. It's sad he bought into that nonsense because him not touring here made it easy for his detractors to donwplay his popularity here. I pray he has gotten that type of thinking out of his head.

This is some of the reasons why American Idol and others try to talk about him PERFORMING on their shows. They know people (USA FANS) want to see Michael perform.

That is very true.

What I was doing was comparing the strength of his fanbase, and comparing it with the strenth of J5 base. That doesn't mean that it is weak, it just mean that it is not at its strongest there.
I said that his solo career is weakest in the usa but his j5 fanbase is strongest in US

How is Mike's solo career weaker than his J5 career when he sold more records as a solo artist than a member of the Jackson 5? I am lost.

I think this too. It's sad he bought into that nonsense because him not touring here made it easy for his detractors to donwplay his popularity here. I pray he has gotten that type of thinking out of his head.

Yep. But I also do hope that he is over that lie and tour in his country.

Come on Dats, it's not fair to say that and in my opinion, that's not even true.
Apple, where would You say that Mj's fanbase is strongest? this has nothing to do with loving or hating a country. I do not hate America. many of my family live there. my brother is there looking for a home right now. This has noting to do with the strenth of Mj's fanbase. I believe that janets fanbase is mainly Americans and she is weakest abroad. I think it is the reverse for Mj. that is just a comparison, no more and no less. That has nothing to do with what Mj feels about America which is a totally different subject akl together.

That is very true.

How is Mike's solo career weaker than his J5 career when he sold more records as a solo artist than a member of the Jackson 5? I am lost.

Yep. But I also do hope that he is over that lie and tour in his country.

I have always felt that there would be more J5 fans in America because that is the place where Mj has his roots and many of the population would have grown up with him. J5 fans abroad would have only seen him when he comes on tour where as Americans would have had full access to him. he was like the American child. That is why I am saying that the strenght of J5, of which mj is the centre, is rooted in the UsA, more than abroad. i have always believed that the j5 is stronger there.

Dats, let's just drop it because you are everywhere with your posts. Peace.

Dats, let's just drop it because you are everywhere with your posts. Peace.
I think my efforts was misinterpreted. people thought that I said he was weak, which is totally different from saying that he is weakest. that isn't the same thing.

How the heck did this conversation about MJ possibly touring with his brothers turned into USA fans vs The Rest of the World fans?

Please stop it and take it to PM.

Back