October 21 News and Mentionings

So did em in 2002 when 8 Mile came out they actually had to close the curtains I remember the episode well.

They closed the "curtains" when Em was there, but they closed THE STREET when MJ was there. I live in NYC and can tell you, they never ever closed the streets in Time Square, unless it's New Year's Eve. LOL!

I don't think it was their original intention to close the street, but folks were coming from every direction and it was madness, I guess for safety purposes, they had no choice.

Last edited:
Mike was number three because? The man shut down that street in NYC. Who is thinking about some Eminiem or whatever the hell his name is? That is MTV for you: stupid and lame. Mike should have been number one. No one is above some MJ. That is laughable.

Why are articles of Janet being posted on a MJ news and mentionings thread? There is a huge thread about her tour on the Jackson Family forum.

They closed the "curtains" when Em was there, but they closed THE STREET when MJ was there. I live in NYC and can tell you, they never ever closed the streets in Time Square, unless it's New Year's Eve. LOL!

I don't think it was their original intention to close the street, but folks were coming from every direction and it was madness, I guess for safety purposes, they had no choice.
When I said curtains I meant the ones in the TRL Studio cus some people out there were starting to get out of control.

When I said curtains I meant the ones in the TRL Studio cus some people out there were starting to get out of control.
Oh I know what you were talking about. During TRL's "hey-day," I worked right up the street and saw all of the goings-on first hand. LOL!

I remember the day they closed the curtain for The Backstreet Boys, but they didn't close the street.

I am talking about the street, not some curtains. Mike closed down the street.

Ain't that dangerous though? I'm sure if many people were crowding the streets or crowding a particular site of the city, they would be FORCED to close it. It ain't like it was a necessity or something.

Plus TRL is going off air, they have to post something grandiose and crazy anyway. F**k them. :lol: And good riddance.

Yeah man. That's what I meant. Cause Michael causes riots and stuff like that, lol. He's way bigger then Eminem, so whatever. And Beyonce and Mike Myers? Okay.

Back