October 10 - 12 (Update on post # 29 for October 12, 2008)

DSC01651.JPG

=/

It's sad, but it kinda make me laugh too, because it looks so dramatically done!

Last edited:
Michael Jackson's old school blacks out name

AFP, November, 2003

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Michael Jackson has suffered a fresh blow to his image following his arrest on child abuse charges when his old school covered up his name on an auditorium following complaints from parents.
Officials at the Los Angeles school, which christened the Michael Jackson auditorium in 1989, covered over the letters with plywood and painted over the wood, leaving only the word "auditorium," school officials said.
Officials Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood that Jackson once attended briefly and the local school board took the dramatic measure after requests from angry parents.

"It's coming from parents," Olga Quinonis, spokesman for the Los Angeles Unified School District told AFP. "They said they felt more comfortable if it was covered."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_kmafp/is_200311/ai_kepm348559

This was done in 2003.

^^ Yea I remember when that was posted in a thread and we were all outraged and were informed that when he was found innocent we were going to have someone close to that school see if they had brought Michael's name back up there. I don't think we ever found anything out.

it was still covered up a year or so ago. a fan went there. fans in the L.A area should do something im sure theres enough fans there. someone talked to the school board or whatever it was called and they werent that impressed at what had happened and said they would look into it but fans there never kept the pressure up

That's really sad. Have those stupid parents heard of Innocent untill proven guilty? Michael's name should be back there now because the man was aquitted on all charges. Infact his name never should have been removed in the first place because like i said before people are always innocent untill proven guilty

hey is it o.k i post some news here to let you know that i'm not in good mood cause i'm not well cause of my IBS is making me sick in my tummy to let you know that cause i'm not in good mood :yes: :cry:

so here is some news i found is it o.k with you :flowers:

here is website:http://xfactor.itv.com/stories/story-detail/item_100242.htm

Secrets from show 2 are announced...
11 Oct 08

Don't miss The X Factor when it returns to your screens next week.

There are now eleven acts in the running to win The X Factor 2008. Each act has had time to get

over first week nerves every remaining contestant must to raise their game as the odds shorten and stakes get high.

Next week's song theme is Michael Jackson songs, so expect to see Jackson's back catalogue raided in the quest to present a non stop mix of disco and pop hits.

And Saturday's show will provide another X Factor first as judge Cheryl Cole will dance her way down from the judges' bench and up onto the stage as she and superstar band-mates Girls Aloud show all the hopefuls how it's really done as next week's celebrity guests.

The X Factor returns to your screens with the next exciting instalment next Saturday night. Make sure you don't miss it!

Thanx a lot marie! His smile.....:wub:
analogue said:
That's really sad. Have those stupid parents heard of Innocent untill proven guilty? Michael's name should be back there now because the man was aquitted on all charges. Infact his name never should have been removed in the first place because like i said before people are always innocent untill proven guilty
Sadly, it seems that they knew "innocent until proven guilty" only by their heads. Their hearts wouldn't let them follow the principle cuz they didn't really think highly of Michale's devotion to children even before the allegations broke out. Maybe they thought he's just one of the rich celebrities who do charity work. It's sad....You can't expect non-fans to truly believe in his love for children, tho. Some of 'em probably was just feeling pleasant about the superstar name written on the board and that was it.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson's old school blacks out name

AFP, November, 2003

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Michael Jackson has suffered a fresh blow to his image following his arrest on child abuse charges when his old school covered up his name on an auditorium following complaints from parents.
Officials at the Los Angeles school, which christened the Michael Jackson auditorium in 1989, covered over the letters with plywood and painted over the wood, leaving only the word "auditorium," school officials said.
Officials Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood that Jackson once attended briefly and the local school board took the dramatic measure after requests from angry parents.

"It's coming from parents," Olga Quinonis, spokesman for the Los Angeles Unified School District told AFP. "They said they felt more comfortable if it was covered."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_kmafp/is_200311/ai_kepm348559

This was done in 2003.
There was a petition to put it back up. I wonder if that was done? It should be since MIchael was found not guilty. I lost the number to the school. If fans want, we can call and find out.

There was a petition to put it back up. I wonder if that was done? It should be since MIchael was found not guilty. I lost the number to the school. If fans want, we can call and find out.
I've posted the link to the school only few posts before. Here is the whole address with the phone number

LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Gardner Street Elementary School
7450 HAWTHRON AVENUE
LOS ANGELES,CA 90046
PHONE: 322.876.4710
FAX 322.878.0954

That is so frustrating and sad that they covered his name. Fans should pickett outside the school and bring banners and posters and tape them up over the auditorium sign lol. But I guess people just don't care. In the grand scheme of things I guess it is trivial, maybe once MJs album blows up everwhere they will uncover it (fairweather) I'm tempted to call the school and ask WHY?? is Michael Jackson's name still covered? lol that could be funny!

Well it's not so trivial because it's an example of the unjust treatment Michael's been handed over the years and a consequence of Michael's name being slanderd and ruined for no reason other then greed and revenge. It's horrible, because Michael's done all he can to help people, children and adults alike, and this is the kind of treatment he gets. It's pathetic.

Well it's not so trivial because it's an example of the unjust treatment Michael's been handed over the years and a consequence of Michael's name being slanderd and ruined for no reason other then greed and revenge. It's horrible, because Michael's done all he can to help people, children and adults alike, and this is the kind of treatment he gets. It's pathetic.
MJ should demand that it be removed or have his money back. it wasn't charity, it was his donation to the school. He should charge them to use it if they want to insult him. I think it is funny at a time when most schools have dedicated MJ and J5 shows and the evidence is all over the internet.

Back