November 5, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Good Morning People! Hope everyone is having a great day so far :yes: For those who haven't heard Obama has won the election and will the President of the USA for the next 4 years :yes: (He won by a landslide!) :lol:

Ok MJ news and mentionings...

Akon Cans Michael Jackson Duet
[SIZE=-1]Take 40, Australia - 13 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Akon and Michael Jackson's rumoured collaboration will not be appearing as a track on Akon's new album. Akon told Take 40 exclusively that despite reports ...[/SIZE]

Blah what a waste of a great song.

Quincy Jones: Science and soul
[SIZE=-1]CNN - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]He talks to CNN about music, Michael Jackson and city he grew up in. Quincy Jones: "You have to believe and trust yourself." Quincy Jones: Seattle is like a ...[/SIZE]

Guitar Hero takes aim at Rock Band
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...NStory/PersonalTech/home?cid=al_gam_mostemail
The Good: The Guitar Hero universe expands with a varied track list and solid peripherals. Also, Michael Jackson and Oasis...
...Although Michael Jackson fails to make an appearance, the avatar singing Beat It has some moves that are reminiscent of the The King of Pop....

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - Michael Jackson's single "Black Or White" was released.

1993 - Michael Jackson's video "Dangerous: The Short Films" was released.

COMMUNITY NEWS UPDATES:

We have a graphics contest currently on-going and can be found here... http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57005
Please come share your talents with us :yes:

We also have a Christmas project begining for Michael which can be found here... http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57011
Join us in creating an amazing personalized gift for Michael this year :clapping:

congrats to obama once again. as for HMH i guess michael didnt like the song much and he didnt want it to be released.

yes we can!!!!!!!!!! I love Obama sooooooo glad he won! oh and thanks for the Michael mentionings :flowers:

Yeah congrats to Obama!

Think he will be the best president we've had since Clinton!

Thanks for the news!

Obama baby!!!! :D *fist bumps for everybody* lol It's a new day for Americans AND the rest of the World...imHo. ;D Congrats to Obama and Biden!!

Thanks for the news. :flowers:

I Think theres more than meets the eye with Hold My Hand...
I Have a feeling it will be used for something else and I don't just mean Michaels new material

EDIT:
Just read the article on the first link and I take back what I have just wrote.
Prehaps they (Akon and Michael) will write and record something else together for the future

A new album along with a new president :wink: My kinda thaaang, lol!

:waving: i found some new news today :) i'm just helping out o.k :) :waving:

here is website:http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessage.php&t=1009528927056

RECENT SIGHTINGS OF MICHAEL JACKSON

1) MICHAEL SPOTTED ARRIVING AT LIZ TAYLOR’S HOUSE

While in Los Angeles, Michael Jackson was photographed arriving at Elizabeth Taylor’s house on the 25th of October.

2) MICHAEL SPOTTED SHOPPING

Michael Jackson was photographed while shopping at Aahs! Gift Shop in West Hollywood on 28th October. Reportedly, he purchased gifts for his children, among several other items.

3) MICHAEL ATTENDS COSTUME PARTY

Celeb dad Michael Jackson took his three kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket, to a costume party in Hollywood on 29th October 2008.

Within seconds of stepping out of their chauffeured SUV, the 50-year-old former pop star was engulfed by autograph-seeking fans who wanted to get a piece of the Gloved One. Michael did sign autographs for the waiting fans.

As for their get-ups? Paris dressed as a butterfly. Price was that creepy guy from V is for Vendetta. And Blanket kept it creepy as the Grim Reaper.

As for MJ? He was made up to look like a caring and conservative father. No sequins. No military regalia.

4) MICHAEL JACKSON SIGHTED AGAIN

Michael Jackson was photographed with this 3 kids again. According to Celebrity Gossip, Michael was taking his kids trick or treating in California on the 30th October, and made a stop in between at Borders in Westwood, a store for books, music, and movies.

5) MICHAEL SIGHTED AT KFC

Michael was spotted again, this time on 31st October 2008 at a KFC drive through at Brentwood, California.

6) NEW PICTURES OF MICHAEL JACKSON SHOPPING

Michael Jackson was sighted and photographed leaving antiques store, 'Off The Wall', on L.A.’s Melrose Avenue (USA) on 3rd November 2008. This is the second shopping trip to the store in the last fortnight, and this time he was snapped with his son, Blanket. They spent nearly an hour inside the shop.

7) MJ FAMILY VISITS HALLOWEEN PARTY OF MAINES & PASDAR

According to E-Online, Michael Jackson surprised married couple singer Natalie Maines (Dixie Chicks) and actor/director Adrian Pasdar ('Heroes') by bringing his kids to a Halloween party at their L.A.-area home last weekend.

Meanwhile, Natalie Maines told the story Monday (3rd November 23008)on Howard Stern’s morning show on Sirius Satellite radio:

“A couple of people went up to him and told him he had the greatest Michael Jackson costume ever.”

Michael came to the party with the wife of the late actor Gregory Peck, one of his longtime friends. The disc jockey for the party started spinning “Thriller” when he walked through the room.

Michael brought all three of his children to the party and Maines noted that the eldest, in particular, seemed to be “well-adjusted” and “self-assured.”

-------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT CHART POSITIONS

Michael’s ‘Thriller’ album is currently the Number 1 album on the USA iTunes charts! The album is currently on sale for only $4.99 (US) and includes the ‘Thriller’ video as a bonus.

The ‘Thriller’ (single) is also Number 14 on USA iTunes Top Songs chart.

Michael’s ‘King Of Pop’ - The Swedish Hit Collection’ is currently Number 10 on the Swedish Album Chart.

’King Of Pop’ is at Number 29 on the British Album Charts and ‘Thriller’ has risen sixty-three places to Number 35.

Global Track Chart, the official global hit list compiled and provided by Media Traffic, has the ‘King Of Pop’ album at Number 39 with sales of more than 26,000.

‘Number Ones’ remains at Number 6 on the Australian Music DVD Chart this week.

‘King Of Pop’ rises 15 places on the UK Album Chart this week to #29.

‘Thriller’ rises 63 places on the UK Singles Chart this week to #35.

--------------------------------------------------
NY EVENT REPORT

Reva Thomas was one of the fans who attended the Thriller Dance event at Madame Tussauds in New York last week (30th October 2008). She was so kind to provide us with a report and several images:

"My friends and I particpated at the Guinness World Record Thriller Dance Event and we had a BLAST!!!!
We were taught the Thriller Dance routine from top to bottom by some very experienced, professional choreographers. Although, some of the participants had not perfected the Thriller Dance Routine, it didn't matter... We had so much fun... The most important thing that mattered was that we all had fun.
Michael would have been tickled pink by our performance. It took a great deal of courage to learn and dance to Thriller or any of MJ's songs for that matter. However, it was about the dance, and breaking a Guinness World Record!!!!!

Seventy-Three Zombie MJ fans, broke the Guiness World Record for the most people dancing to Thriller at the same time. The fans from New York City rocked Times Square and the Madame Tussaund's Wax Museum. FANTASTIC!!!!!

Thank You Michael! The NYC MJ Crew Loves You."

Reva C. Thomas, Brooklyn, New York

-------------------------------------------
VIDEO FOOTAGE OF NY EVENT

Fox News features a nice report and video footage of the dance event that took place at Madame Tussauds in New York (USA) last Thursday (30th October 2008) to break the Guinness World Record for the most people doing the Thriller dance at the same time.

Click on the link below to view the video:-
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...1334621/thriller_record.htm?q=michael+jackson

Congrats to the MAN, Obama.

I cannot wait for 2009 and thank you Shannon for the news. :)

http://baltimore.broadwayworld.com/a...adway_20081105

Michael Jackson's THRILLER to 'Strike' on Broadway?

The New York Post's PAGE SIX is reporting that James Nederlander is producing a musical version of Michael Jackson's video for his hit song ‘THRILLER'. Jackson's album of the same name is the best-selling record of all time. It spawned such hits as ‘Billie Jean', ‘Beat It', ‘The Girl Is Mine' and of course ‘Thriller'. Not much else is known other than a production is being planned. In an age where films are making the leap to the Broadway stage, it doesn't surprise that classic music videos might be thrown into the mix, Thriller in many ways resembled a musical with its dancing zombies and dynamic visuals. Hey, if vampires could take a bite out of the Rialto, why not singing zombies?

The release became the first album to reach number one in the United States and the United Kingdom simultaneously, becoming the first album to ever have that honor. 'Thriller', at the height of its success was selling a million copies a week worldwide. In little over a year, Thriller became the best-selling album of all time. Sales are estimated to be somewhere between 47-108 million copies sold worldwide. Seven of the album's nine songs were released as singles, and all reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. The album won a record-breaking seven Grammy Awards in1984.

Michael Jackson was one of the first artists to embrace the music video format, and with ‘Thriller' he took it to a level rivaling theatrical releases of the time. The 14-minute music video for the song of the same name was directed by John Landis who also co-wrote the screenplay with Jackson. ‘Thriller' was broadcast on MTV three weeks before Christmas 1983. It was the most expensive video of its time, costing $500,000 to make, and the Guinness World Records in 2006 list it as the "most successful music video", selling over 9 million copies.

'Thriller' featured choreographed zombies performing with Jackson as he danced his way through a spoof of the classic Night of the Living Dead and Universal Studios Horror films. Co-starring with Jackson was former Playboy centerfold Ola Ray. The video was choreographed by Michael Peters with major contributions by Jackson. The two had worked together before with great success on ‘Beat It' The video also contains incidental music by legendary film composer Elmer Bernstein, who had previously also worked with Landis on An American Werewolf in London. Thriller also spotlighted a spoken word performance by horror film icon Vincent Price. Hollywood make-up master Rick Baker assisted in prosthetics and creatures for the production.

'Thriller' debuted at a special theatrical screening, in hopes to qualify for an Oscar along with the 1940 animated motion picture Fantasia. Thriller is still a successful seller to this day. The video is still considered a classic, Jackson of course has gone on to become both a figure of enormous creativity and scandalous infamy.

thriller25.jpg

Alright, rockstar, facebook is not a reliable source and everything that you posted was from last week. There are news threads and picture thread dedicated to that information. You gotta read the threads before you post the news. You can't just post things because it says "Michael Jackson".

Anyway, that would be cool if Thriller (the video) becomes a broadway play. I didn't like the last sentence of that article but it was interesting nevertheless.

yeay Obama! :clapping:

Now I'm thinking back to Clinton's inauguration, and can't help but think...

Wouldn't it be awesome if Michael performed at Obama's inauguration, too? :angel:

Just wishful thinking at this point, I know, but many minds filled with hopeful thought can make dreams come true... we saw the proof of that yesterday.:punk:

Wouldn't it be awesome if Michael performed at Obama's inauguration, too?

It would be amazing. I believe Mike, like millions of us, was feeling very emotional when Obama became the President elect. The fact that Will.i.am is a huge supporter or Obama and Jesse Jackson was crying when Obama won the election and the fact that his father, Joe, supported Obama, it is very possible that Mike was emotional when Obama was won the election.

From what I have either heard or read, MJ was/is not a voter. So I doubt if he ever voted. That information was revealed during the trial. However, things could have changed.

NOVEMBER 4th 2008..

The day the DREAM lives on...

to Shannon, that said that Akon's dropping of the song was a waste of a good song...

well...that's the second time...

*thinking of 'what more can i give'*

My favorite part of the whole Victory speech was "To those who would tear the world down, we will defeat you. To those who seek peace and security, we support you."

"To those who would tear the world down, we will defeat you. To those who seek peace and security, we support you."

That was a great comment.

about the HMH, i don't know what were they thinking or whateva, but anyother song they could do could lake the same way. anyway i don't find that song to be strong enough for an MJ project....

btw, I herd Obama was elected for two years and not four?

It is four year term. The information that you heard was wrong.

about the HMH, i don't know what were they thinking or whateva, but anyother song they could do could lake the same way. anyway i don't find that song to be strong enough for an MJ project....

American Presidents are elected to a 4 yr term.:)

But, they can only serve 2 terms.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/18930/week-ending-nov-2-2008-shes-in-the-pnk/

Michael Jackson's Thriller sold 31,000 copies last week and would have ranked #15 on the big chart if older, catalog albums were eligible to compete there. Instead, it jumps to #1 on the Catalog Albums chart. Thriller 25 topped the catalog chart for 10 weeks earlier this year. There are two principal editions of Thriller on Nielsen SoundScan's run-to-date chart. Added together, the album has sold 3,405,000 copies since 1991 (and of course tens of millions before that). The Halloween focus on the title track gave Thriller a boost. That song topped the 1 million mark in paid downloads this week. Its sales now stand at 1,019,000. A second song from the album, "Billie Jean," is also listed on Hot Digital Songs. It has sold 733,000 downloads.

Last edited:
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/18930/week-ending-nov-2-2008-shes-in-the-pnk/

Michael Jackson's Thriller sold 31,000 copies last week and would have ranked #15 on the big chart if older, catalog albums were eligible to compete there. Instead, it jumps to #1 on the Catalog Albums chart. Thriller 25 topped the catalog chart for 10 weeks earlier this year. There are two principal editions of Thriller on Nielsen SoundScan's run-to-date chart. Added together, the album has sold 4,405,000 copies since 1991 (and of course tens of millions before that). The Halloween focus on the title track gave Thriller a boost. That song topped the 1 million mark in paid downloads this week. Its sales now stand at 1,019,000. A second song from the album, "Billie Jean," is also listed on Hot Digital Songs. It has sold 733,000 downloads.

DANG, that boggles my mind. Thriller is like a "living, breathing being," which refuses to go unnoticed. LOL!

Thank you for posting.

DANG, that boggles my mind. Thriller is like a "living, breathing being," which refuses to go unnoticed. LOL!

Thank you for posting.

I just learned that Paul Grein made an error in his sales total of Thriller instead of it being

4,405,000, the correct total is 3,405,000.

Last edited:
From Quincey Jones:
--and I saw something in him. I saw a part of him that had never been exposed before.
We went all the way to Michael's soul at that time and it was am amazing experience.
Yeah, I guess you tapped into the genius of Michael Jackson.

Thriller is everywhere. It's a phenomenom now.

Thanks Shannon~

Back