November 27, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Good morning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving. Just put the turkey in the oven and thought I'd pop on before family shows up :yes:

Lets see what's in MJ's world on Gobble Day...

More on the Book

[SIZE=-2]Now Magazine Online[/SIZE]
Jackson 'looking to publish memoirs'
[SIZE=-1]Digital Spy, UK - 16 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Michael Thornton Michael Jackson is reportedly looking for a publishing house to put his autobiography into print. The popstar is allegedly courting book ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson to pen memoirs [SIZE=-1]Now Magazine Online[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson 'looking for memoirs publisher' [SIZE=-1]Glasgow Daily Record[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Michael Jackson might write autobiography
[SIZE=-1]Screen Weekly, India - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Pop king Michael Jackson is reportedly planning to write his autobiography. The singer is said to be in talks with several publishing giants in New York to ...[/SIZE]

Something dumb (Why would MJ be responsible for something he sold?)

[SIZE=-2]TaleTela[/SIZE]
PETA urge Michael Jackson to save giraffes
[SIZE=-1]Channel News Asia, Singapore - 6 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]They have written to Jackson and asked him to intervene on the animals' behalf. "More than a year later, the giraffes are still confined to pens that ...[/SIZE]

Some mentionings

[SIZE=-2]BBC News[/SIZE]
Bringing the stars to the stage
[SIZE=-1]BBC News, UK - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]He now has a major reunion up his sleeve - just don't ask about the chances of a Michael Jackson comeback. Leonard Cohen is finishing his UK arena tour ...[/SIZE]

'Wicked' star's heart belongs to music
[SIZE=-1]The Olympian, WA - 9 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"I just loved Mariah and Aretha and Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson." Bean wrote nine of the album's 11 songs. Her songwriting is autobiographical. ...[/SIZE]

WHETHER she likes it or not, Angelina Jolie (pictured) is now ...
[SIZE=-1]Liverpool Echo, UK - 33 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]On a very different note, over on Channel 4 The Jackson Five are in the spotlight once more for (The Jacksons Are Coming, C4, 9pm). ...[/SIZE]

Ok that's about it for the morning session. Enjoy your day and I'll try to get back in to update laters :yes:

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1991 - Michael Jackson performed on ABC-TV's "MTV 10."

cheers, Shannon.

other news on a different memoir, and talks with Mike are mentioned in this interview with the legendary writer-producer David Foster:

You don't apologize for 500 million units

TheStar.com - entertainment
var imageL= '/images/b4/fc/a3e93f7e429294a0787f09b5b82a.jpeg' if(imageL) { document.write('
a3e93f7e429294a0787f09b5b82a.jpeg
'); } else{ document.write('
dc6d57dc4a21aacd86173ca488d7.jpeg
'); }
a3e93f7e429294a0787f09b5b82a.jpeg

November 27, 2008

Ashante Infantry
Pop & Jazz Critic

David Foster's autobiography, Hitman: Forty Years Making Music, Topping Charts & Winning Grammys, had barely hit bookstores before it was garnering the similarly disparate responses that have greeted his music.

"I got a letter from this 34-year-old guy who said that the chapter about my father moved him to tears, because he works with his father every day, but had never had an adult conversation with him like the one I was able to have with my father when I was 18, right before he passed away," the eminent songwriter-producer says in an interview with the Toronto Star.

"It was this beautiful moving email. Then two hours later I got a call from my divorce lawyer and he's just screaming at me. He's going, `What the hell is this s--t you said about us: that we're happily lining our pockets at your expense?'

"They say you don't have a good book if you don't piss a couple of people off," the cheerful, forthright Foster says.

The memoir is filled with dishy anecdotes about his experiences with such elite entertainers as Frank Sinatra, Madonna and Whitney Houston.

The 59-year-old native of Victoria, who has five daughters, aged 23 to 36, is in the midst of divorcing his third wife and erstwhile songwriting partner, Linda Thompson.

He has a new love but says another marriage is out of the question. (His inner left wrist is tattooed with a scripted capital "D," which he claims stands for divorce).

"It's not cynicism, it's just very impractical," Foster explains. "We're in an economic depression almost. When you think about the fact that I've given away half of everything I've ever accomplished three times ... that's kind of rough."

So rough that Foster's will includes a clause that disinherits any of his daughters who marry before age 25 – which seems a bit heavy-handed for an admitted schmaltz maker.

"It's my money, I can do whatever the f--k I want with it," Foster retorts good-naturedly. "And what I want is not to have some asshole take it when my daughter's 22. And I know it made at least one of my daughters think."

Despite the unravelling of his last marriage on the heels of the Fox reality show The Princes of Malibu – it featured Foster and his blended family with Thompson – the hit maker's life has been fairly scandal-free. The most ire he's generated has been from critics who deride his brand of adult pop for the likes of Céline Dion and Barbra Streisand as elevator music – 15 Grammys and more than 500 million units in album sales notwithstanding.

This month also marks the release of the CD/DVD Hitman: The Music of David Foster and Friends, a live Vegas tribute comprised of artists he's worked with, such as Michael Bublé, Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban.

"I know for a fact the kind of music I make a lot of people love," says Foster, noting his out-of-the-box forays into rock (Alice Cooper) and R&B (Earth Wind & Fire).

"I love every kind of music, but when it comes down to it, give me a ballad and I'm at home."

Foster is winning acclaim for his work on Seal's current retro disc, Soul, but he's itching to tune up a couple of former chart-toppers.

"Stevie Wonder really needs me, because he needs somebody to remind him of his greatness."

He'd also love to work his magic on Michael Jackson.

"Imagine Michael, who I hear is in quite good shape right now, doing an album sort of like his past – classic, good music – but with a little bit of an edge, but not trying to be like Justin Timberlake or Beyoncé or trying to compete in that world.

"And he comes out onstage with a good haircut, looking healthy, in an Armani suit; no bulls--t behind him, just singing."

Has he run his ideas past Jackson?

"I have and with a little better reception than the Stevie Wonder reception, but it hasn't come to fruition yet."

lol arXter - didn't click to see if there was more to that one or not but another by the same guy really went down a personal road of MJ's :blink: Thanks for not posting that one :lol:

it will be nice if he will publish that book-i love Moonwalk:)
the thing with the girrafes is so funny!he got to take care of everything,hello,he sold them...

PETA should be ashamed of themselves. if PETA didn't go on the rampage with slandering and accusing MJ with the animals, they would still have been cared for at neverland. michael only removed the animals when PETA put him on blast with their lurid accusations.it is ironic that they should want him to interveve now. Why don't they do it? Isn't it what they are for? I doubt Mj will do anything now. I wouldn't either.

Last edited:
I would just like to say that I am thinking of all our Indian members who are experiencing a day of pain and terrible loss in their city of Mumbai. Please stay safe..

Also happy thanksgiving to our American members.

but another by the same guy really went down a personal road of MJ's :blink: Thanks for not posting that one :lol:
petty personal issues to get into for such a man whose life's work alone is interesting enough to last volumes of books. it's a shame gossip sells that way, he wouldn't have gotten any promotion for the book otherwise..

Mmm, thanks for the news. Hope Mike has a great thanksgiving, as well. :yes:

Firstly i hope the Giraffes can be helped, i'm an animal lover so i get all emotional when animals are not looked after.

And i would love Mike to work with Paul, it would be great to see him work with people who have a proper status in the music industry again

_45245508_cohen_226.jpg
Rob Hallett (right) persuaded his hero Leonard Cohen to tour again

He coaxed Leonard Cohen out of retirement, staged Prince's 21-night London run, is bringing Britney Spears to Britain and taking Damon Albarn's Monkey opera to China.
Concert promoter Rob Hallett of AEG has been behind some of the landmark live music events of recent years. He now has a major reunion up his sleeve - just don't ask about the chances of a Michael Jackson comeback.

Leonard Cohen is finishing his UK arena tour - how did you talk him out of retirement?
It took some time. Leonard was trying to make some of the money back that had been stolen. [Cohen's manager stole $9.5m (£6.2m) in the 1990s.] At first he said, 'I don't know if anyone wants to see me. You must be joking'.
We went back and forth over a couple of years. In the end, I offered to finance the rehearsals and said, 'we'll do some warm-up dates in Canada, and lets see what we've got'.
So we were about $3m (£2m) in and 16 shows in Canada and we knew that we had a monster on our hands. When I first put an O2 show on sale everyone said, 'what? Leonard Cohen in the O2?' And we sold out three. It's been a fantastic success. Everyone who's seen the show almost without fail is saying this is the best show they've ever seen in their lives.
You also staged the Prince residency at the O2 - how did that come about?
_45245112_-19.jpg
Prince's 21-night run at the O2 in 2007 was a sell-out success

We were talking to Prince for some time and he said he'll come, but he wants to do 21 nights. He was insistent, so we said, 'OK, let's do 21 nights in London just as long as you're prepared for the last 10 to be in Ronnie Scott's. Who knows where the 21 nights will be, but they won't necessarily be at the O2'.
And Prince said, 'yes they will. It's going to work'. He wouldn't even consider the possibility of anything else. And it was pretty incredible. The man is a genius.
What lengths do you go to in order to keep these stars happy - did you really build a hotel for Prince in the O2?
That's rubbish. We didn't do that. Prince stayed at the Dorchester and had a fine time. I don't know where all that rubbish came from saying we built a secret hotel underneath the Dome in a secret location.
Prince is a perfectionist. Most of the best artists are perfectionists. The media would say diva, difficult to work with. But it's not that. I'd rather deal with a guy who's perceived to be difficult who cares about his show than a guy who's perceived to be easy and the night before he's paid to entertain 20,000 people, he's off his face in a nightclub with some dollybird till six in the morning.
AEG is reported to have made an offer to Michael Jackson to promote his comeback shows - what's the situation with that?
_45245201_-28.jpg
There have been reports that Michael Jackson could play at the O2

I dunno, who's Michael Jackson? Wasn't he the head of the BBC once? [A TV executive called Michael Jackson was controller of BBC One and BBC Two in the 1990s.]
Have you got an offer in?
I'm not really into TV execs turned into singers.
With the other Michael Jackson?
Is there another one?
I'll take that as a no comment. Moving on, who would be your dream artist to promote?
I would have said Leonard Cohen. I've now achieved that. There's very few to achieve. Led Zeppelin would be in any promoter's dream list. Yusuf Islam would be a personal one for me.
I do have another reformation up my sleeve that I can't talk about yet that is going to please a lot of people of a certain age.
Can you give me a clue?
If you were a teenage boy in the pre-punk '70s you're going to be very excited. The announcement of that isn't a million miles away. Outside of Led Zeppelin, this is probably the biggest reformation you can hope for.
_45245211_c26d3dcc-4698-4213-8850-da244fbe02d0.jpg
Rob Hallett was Duran Duran's live agent in the 1980s

These reformations are fun and interesting diversions, but I'm really concerned about building artists for the future otherwise whoever's sitting in my chair in 25 years time will have no fun reforming anyone because there's not many groups out there you'd consider worth reforming.
The Arctic Monkeys are probably the biggest group this century's kicked up... was Coldplay this century? I started in this business in the late '70s and early '80s and had a run as an agent of Adam and the Ants into UB40 into Duran Duran into Dexy's Midnight Runners.
Every five minutes there was a new band selling out what pathetic excuses there were for arenas in those days. And the first 10 years of this century, what's it kicked up?
Why do you think it has dried up?
I've no idea. There's a lot more competition than when I was a kid. There were only three channels on TV, there were no video games, sport wasn't as sexy, so it was music, music or music. There weren't the leisure options.
Will the recession have an impact on the live music scene? Of course it will. You're going to put food on your table and petrol in your car before you go to a concert. The must-see things will always be must-see things. But the days of the Barbra Streisand tickets at £500 are definitely history. I certainly wouldn't get suckered into that again. The exchange rate's a bigger worry for me, importing American artists, because we're paying them 30% less than we were 6 months ago, so will they still come?

source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7748935.stm

Last edited:
this one is from PETA blog directly (it's actually an older one, the "news" on it coming out lately):

PETA to Michael Jackson: Pay Up to Have Animals Rescued

Posted at 10:10 AM | Permalink | CommentsComments ( 13 )

cm1 / CC Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson is trickier to find these days than Waldo, but lucky for us (and for animals), we've got some mad detective skills. Do you really think any disguise would prevent us from tracking him down when animals are in danger? Heck no!

PETA's Captive Animal Rescue and Enforcement Department—otherwise known as CARE—shot off a letter to the artist insisting that he take responsibility for the giraffes he once owned at his Neverland Ranch property. You might remember that Jackson sold the animals who were living at his private zoo after the millions of dollars of unpaid debt that had piled up at his doorstep made him incapable of caring for them.

Four giraffes from the ranch were relocated to Arizona after being purchased by a couple who apparently intend to open a zoo. But since the beginning of the year, PETA has received numerous complaints from concerned citizens regarding the well-being of these giraffes. A former volunteer caretaker for the animals has reported that the giraffes do not receive adequate foot care. According to this person, the giraffes have been housed in small, 15 ft. by 15 ft. "temporary" enclosures since the day they were purchased over a year ago. And, with the exception of one giraffe—who reportedly was allowed to bleed for days after giving birth before the couple finally requested assistance—none of the animals have been seen by a vet.

We have reason to believe that one of these giraffes was born at the San Antonio Zoo. Unfortunately, our numerous attempts to contact the zoo to request that zoo officials arrange for the giraffes' lifetime care at a suitable facility have gone unanswered.

Now, it's time for Jackson to put his money where his mouth is and pay to have these animals, whom he once supposedly loved so dearly, transferred to an accredited sanctuary. These giraffes have been suffering for far too long. They deserve to live out the remainder of their lives in a clean, safe environment, where they will receive adequate food, shelter, and veterinary care.

Come on, Michael. It's bad, it's bad, and you know it.

Posted by Jennifer Cierlitsky

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2008/11/peta_to_michael.php

I would just like to say that I am thinking of all our Indian members who are experiencing a day of pain and terrible loss in their city of Mumbai. Please stay safe..

Also happy thanksgiving to our American members.

Thank you, Stranger. I echo this. Please hold our Indian members in your hearts, and anyone else caught up in the terrible tragedy in Mumbai.

Hoping for peace,

Victoria

this one is from PETA blog directly (it's actually an older one, the "news" on it coming out lately):

PETA to Michael Jackson: Pay Up to Have Animals Rescued

Posted at 10:10 AM | Permalink | CommentsComments ( 13 )

cm1 / CC Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson is trickier to find these days than Waldo, but lucky for us (and for animals), we've got some mad detective skills. Do you really think any disguise would prevent us from tracking him down when animals are in danger? Heck no!

PETA's Captive Animal Rescue and Enforcement Department—otherwise known as CARE—shot off a letter to the artist insisting that he take responsibility for the giraffes he once owned at his Neverland Ranch property. You might remember that Jackson sold the animals who were living at his private zoo after the millions of dollars of unpaid debt that had piled up at his doorstep made him incapable of caring for them.

Four giraffes from the ranch were relocated to Arizona after being purchased by a couple who apparently intend to open a zoo. But since the beginning of the year, PETA has received numerous complaints from concerned citizens regarding the well-being of these giraffes. A former volunteer caretaker for the animals has reported that the giraffes do not receive adequate foot care. According to this person, the giraffes have been housed in small, 15 ft. by 15 ft. "temporary" enclosures since the day they were purchased over a year ago. And, with the exception of one giraffe—who reportedly was allowed to bleed for days after giving birth before the couple finally requested assistance—none of the animals have been seen by a vet.

We have reason to believe that one of these giraffes was born at the San Antonio Zoo. Unfortunately, our numerous attempts to contact the zoo to request that zoo officials arrange for the giraffes' lifetime care at a suitable facility have gone unanswered.

Now, it's time for Jackson to put his money where his mouth is and pay to have these animals, whom he once supposedly loved so dearly, transferred to an accredited sanctuary. These giraffes have been suffering for far too long. They deserve to live out the remainder of their lives in a clean, safe environment, where they will receive adequate food, shelter, and veterinary care.

Come on, Michael. It's bad, it's bad, and you know it.

Posted by Jennifer Cierlitsky

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2008/11/peta_to_michael.php

Shut. the. f*ck. UP!!!

Those Peta people are like a bunch of F*cking Gloria Alreads...just sticking their nose in MJs ass just to get attention. Peta is a farce, bunch of attention seekers who claim to have such love for animals but are always complaining about someone who is not doing this or not doing that. Like they have no power? Why don't they go after the people who commit the animal abuse? MJ no longer owns those animals. I have more respect for the Animal Cops on the Animal Planted Channel.

You know what, f*ck PETA. This is what, the fourth time they've attacked Michael. Those god damned media whores. Michael isn't any longer responsible for the animals when he's signed over ownership. They are now the responsibility of the couple in Arizona and if PETA is so concerend, why don't they use all that money they pimp from their supporters to intervene? You know, I've given to these morons in the past, because I care about animals, but they're not getting one more red cent out of me ever again. Why didn't they applaud Michael while the animals were his responsibility and reciveing the most impecable care? Oh, that's right, because that doesn't draw attention to their already frowned upon organization. Arghh. I hate those fu*****.

And that's some funny stuff from that article arXter, saying Michael shouldn't compete with Justin or Usher, lol. He steps all over them without even trying.

Last edited:
I don't have a real article with this, but I just wanted to say that the Dutch SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE top 8 canidates will perform a group choreography on Smooth Criminal within half a hour :D:D

wonder if their will be lean :p

Re: Bringing the stars to the stage

hahaha way to keep his mouth shut

just watched the choreography, there was no lean, but there was moonwalking, crotch grabbing, some similar smooth criminal dance steps and the things michael did in the smooth criminal and you rock my world video, when he's 'grabs the ''bad guys'' arm and make him do some sort of backflip. some things didnt made any sense at all, but it was cool, they all wore fendora's. :D

Re: Bringing the stars to the stage

I dunno, who's Michael Jackson? Wasn't he the head of the BBC once? [A TV executive called Michael Jackson was controller of BBC One and BBC Two in the 1990s.]
Have you got an offer in?

I'm not really into TV execs turned into singers.
With the other Michael Jackson?
Is there another one?
:rofl::rofl: I don't know why he didn't want to answer the question but that's funny.
Maybe there's something going on with MJ and O2? :cheeky: Hey, I can dream.

yeah that was certainly a different way of avoiding the question lol

lil update... (dinner was great :yes: ) lol like ya'll wanted to know that :lol:

Seriously...

The Top 6 Explode on Stage
[SIZE=-1]CTV.ca, Canada - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... who has worked with leading figures in the entertainment industry including Tina Turner, Cher, Britney Spears, Prince and Michael Jackson. ...[/SIZE]

WestConn says 'We are the World"
[SIZE=-1]Danbury News Times, CT - 46 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Given its title, the program had to end with the Michael Jackson/Lionel Richie 1980's hit by the same name. It got the full treatment, with a parade of ...[/SIZE]

MEGAN FOX IS OBSSESSED WITH ZAC
[SIZE=-1]Wambie, Spain - 5 hours ago

[SIZE=-1]What Zac doesn't understand is that we are the same. It's like Janet and Michael Jackson, we're two peas in a pod, one of the mysteries of the day."[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
360 Avatars do music videos
[SIZE=-1]CVG Online - 6 hours ago

[SIZE=-1]We can make our Xbox 360 Avatars burp and blink, but we certainly can't make them perform Black or White by Michael Jackson. These crafty internet chaps ...[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]WTF?

Britney Spears: The Perfect Pop Star For Our Times?
[SIZE=-1]The Quietus, UK - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Others, like Elvis and Michael Jackson, turn into the great tragic figures whose eventual fall only reinforces our terminal fascination. ...[/SIZE]

Well, enjoy the rest of your day :yes:

Back