November 24, 2008

Thank you so much for the updates elusive, I also want to thank all the fans who went out of their way to support Michael. Im glad he settled, it would be nice to have our speculations confirmed but thats just not gonna happen...oh well.
Also glad to hear about the loan repayment....seems to me that Mike's getting everything honed down and organized, way to go Michael.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=114662&catid=176

Negotiations Stalled Between Paul McCartney and iTunes

London, England -- Paul McCartney says negotiations on a long-awaited deal to make the Beatles catalog available on online music service iTunes have stalled.
The former Beatle says, "The last word I got back was it's stalled at the whole moment, the whole process."
"I really hope it will happen because I think it should," he says
The band's holding company, Apple Corps Ltd., has so far declined to allow the Fab Four's music on any Internet music service, including iTunes. The situation has been exacerbated by a long-running trademark dispute between Apple Corps and Apple Inc., which owns iTunes, which was resolved last year.
McCartney was speaking at the launch of his new album, Electric Arguments. Apple Inc. was not immediately available for comment.

some info from lesliemj.hu site

Jackson Repaid Another Loan

Despite his recent legal issues with the Bahrain Prince, Michael Jackson just repaid a $2.5 million loan to City National Bank (CA).

Jackson took the money in 1993 right after the first allegations. The two parties agreed to enter into a copyright and mortage security agreement.

Since Jackson just repaid the loan the agreement has been terminated, and the titles of 1503 songs from the MiJac catalouge been transferred back to the star.

Guess Mike was just like, "i gotta get this outta da way" and did just that. Just keeps gettin' better...

it wasnt to bad. ive learned my lesson from previous trips. 20 layers scarfs wolley hats lol and dont stand around in one spot for two long lol its wasnt as cold as i thought it would be from the weateher forecast. mind u i can say that now im inside and warm lol. had i been stood there for another few days as expected it prob would have been different lol

Despite his recent legal issues with the Bahrain Prince, Michael Jackson just repaid a $2.5 million loan to City National Bank (CA).

Jackson took the money in 1993 right after the first allegations. The two parties agreed to enter into a copyright and mortage security agreement.

Since Jackson just repaid the loan the agreement has been terminated, and the titles of 1503 songs from the MiJac catalouge been transferred back to the star.

WOW. More great news! Looks like he is handling some obstacles in his way first to make it clear. Awesome. :)

ya'll suckas missed this...

lil' nugget of info from http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...michael_jackson_and_prince_of_bahrain_se.html

Michael Jackson and Prince of Bahrain settled lawsuit 'amicably,' say lawyers

By ELLEN TUMPOSKY
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Monday, November 24th 2008, 1:07 PM
LONDON - It's all "amicable" between Michael Jackson and the sheikh who sued him, lawyers said Monday.
Jackson and Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al-Khalifa have "amicably settled" their legal dispute, the sheikh's lawyer, Philip Croall, told reporters at High Court Monday.
"They wish each other well in their own respective endeavors."
Jackson had been expected to fly to London to testify Monday in the sheikh's $7 million breach-of-contract, but the two sides reached an agreement over the weekend. No details were released.
Jackson's New York lawyer, Londell McMillan, took the opportunity to trash a British press report that Jackson has become a Muslim. "That's rubbish. It's completely untrue," McMillan told reporters.
Sheikh Abdulla, the second son of the king of Bahrain, was not in court today.
He befriended Jackson while the singer was facing child-molestation charges in 2005 and paid for Jackson and his entourage to come to Bahrain after Jackson was acquitted.
The sheikh, an aspiring songwriter who formed a company called 2 Seas Records, accused Jackson of reneging on a deal to produce an album, an autobiography and a musical for the label. He was seeking payback for the $7 million he says he spent on the singer and the recording project.

You rule Buck! Thanks for that and thank you Londell!

lil' nugget of info from http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...michael_jackson_and_prince_of_bahrain_se.html

By ELLEN TUMPOSKY
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
LONDON - It's all "amicable" between Michael Jackson and the sheikh who sued him, lawyers said Monday.
Jackson and Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al-Khalifa have "amicably settled" their legal dispute, the sheikh's lawyer, Philip Croall, told reporters at High Court Monday.
Jackson had been expected to fly to London to testify Monday in the sheikh's $7 million breach-of-contract, but the two sides reached an agreement over the weekend. No details were released.
Jackson's New York lawyer, Londell McMillan, took the opportunity to trash a British press report that Jackson has become a Muslim. "That's rubbish. It's completely untrue," McMillan told reporters.
He befriended Jackson while the singer was facing child-molestation charges in 2005 and paid for Jackson and his entourage to come to Bahrain after Jackson was acquitted.
The sheikh, an aspiring songwriter who formed a company called 2 Seas Records, accused Jackson of reneging on a deal to produce an album, an autobiography and a musical for the label. He was seeking payback for the $7 million he says he spent on the singer and the recording project.

Ahh this is good news. Thanks :D

Welcome Betty and thanks for posting:) Thanx elusive for delivering those vivid voices at the spot and the news. Job well done:yes: Mr.McMillan. Thanx for pointing that out Buck. I wouldn't mind if he ever becomes a Muslim, tho, cuz it's his business and right.

By ELLEN TUMPOSKY
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thank God ,,,,,,, Media hates Islam and Michael Jackson the most ......(the best things in the world -by the way)......that's why they need to stay away from each other.

wish him all the best .

anyway couldnt tell if the reporter was pro mj cause she kinda implied it was a case of mj getting off cause janet was mad. maybe im paranoid in saying that i dunno------- Do not take it as that. The reporter is right. When you have someone that crazy and story does not add up, it is usually because they are liers. It prove that Janet was a con artist. She even married a guy to get the name Jackson. It does not take a scientist to know this was a plot.

it wasnt to bad. ive learned my lesson from previous trips. 20 layers scarfs wolley hats lol and dont stand around in one spot for two long lol its wasnt as cold as i thought it would be from the weateher forecast. mind u i can say that now im inside and warm lol. had i been stood there for another few days as expected it prob would have been different lol

Well, that's interesting about the Mijac catalog...but awesome nonetheless. Good for him! :punk:

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=114662&catid=176

Negotiations Stalled Between Paul McCartney and iTunes

London, England -- Paul McCartney says negotiations on a long-awaited deal to make the Beatles catalog available on online music service iTunes have stalled.
The former Beatle says, "The last word I got back was it's stalled at the whole moment, the whole process."
"I really hope it will happen because I think it should," he says
The band's holding company, Apple Corps Ltd., has so far declined to allow the Fab Four's music on any Internet music service, including iTunes. The situation has been exacerbated by a long-running trademark dispute between Apple Corps and Apple Inc., which owns iTunes, which was resolved last year.
McCartney was speaking at the launch of his new album, Electric Arguments. Apple Inc. was not immediately available for comment.

Dang! Seems this deal will never go thru. :smilerolleyes: Such potential going to waste.

By ELLEN TUMPOSKY
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

That was a juicy little nugget so thank you for posting. :flowers: Very nice that this has come to an amicable end. And yay for Londell McMillan still being in the picture on MJ's behalf.

Things are looking better and brighter every day, yes? :girl_sigh:

Thanks to all for the news and mentionings

good to see londell is still working with mj i may be wrong but i think this guy needs giving a lot of credit. since londell came on board all these lawsuits (about 20 or so) have been delt with seemingly as quick as possible and alot of the mess was cleared up very quickly. all this started happening when londell came in. of course others are involved but i think londell working for mj has had a big inpact

good to see londell is still working with mj i may be wrong but i think this guy needs giving a lot of credit. since londell came on board all these lawsuits (about 20 or so) have been delt with seemingly as quick as possible and alot of the mess was cleared up very quickly. all this started happening when londell came in. of course others are involved but i think londell working for mj has had a big inpact

Completely agree, elusive. I forgot to throw some confetti for MJ and his Team...whoever they are... on all the good happenings lately. :D Extra confetti for the ghost publicists B. Michael and Dr. Tohme. LOL!There's something about the good Dr...don't know what it is :shifty: haha.

I remember when McMillan started to work for Michael he said "Michael is a musical genius who needs a competent and caring advocate". I hope Londell McMillan is a man like that. I really do.

For what it's worth, this from a DM article. the rest was not worth reading.'

Brian Oxman said the singer's woes were exaggerated: 'Michael is in excellent financial shape. We should all be so fortunate to have his problems. He has not sold Neverland, he has entered into a partnership to develop it. Develop it into what, I do not know, but it is a very exciting opportunity for him.'

Oxman said that Jackson has resettled in Los Angeles. 'Mrs Jackson, his mother, is thrilled to have him around, as are all the family, because she loves to spend time with her grandchildren. His children are growing up fast and Michael is very busy with them.'

That much is certainly true. In a telephone interview with Good Morning America earlier this year, he spoke movingly about them.

'I am letting them enjoy their childhood as much as possible,' he said. 'I let them go to the arcade and to the movies. I want them to do things I didn't get to do.'

Oxman added: 'He lives a pretty simple lifestyle these days. The extravagances are in the past and no one has really seen him because he is very low key. But he is happy and doing well.'

Perhaps. Somehow, though, that seems rather hard to believe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz....html?ITO=1490

word up

not only that...but he's doing all this BEHIND the scenes, not trying to get his shine on or be up in front of everyone's mic... he's putting in work and has, seemingly from the outside view, done a great job.

less chaos in team mj for sure

:punk:

Well, that is really good.

And great job on Londell for denying that rumor. I remember watching a morning show this past weekend talking about Mike convert to Islam and I just could not believe that these people have the nerve to report a laughable story from the tabloids and make it "news". That tells you that the media is full of ish.

good to see londell is still working with mj i may be wrong but i think this guy needs giving a lot of credit. since londell came on board all these lawsuits (about 20 or so) have been delt with seemingly as quick as possible

You are not lying. That guy is good at what he does. He was the lawyer that got Prince out of the mess that he was once in. I am happy to see Londell is still in the picture.

"Michael is a musical genius who needs a competent and caring advocate".

Awww, what an great quote.

not only that...but he's doing all this BEHIND the scenes, not trying to get his shine on or be up in front of everyone's mic...

Now, that is the kind of person that needs to be working for Mike. And thank you for posting that, Buck. I haven't seen you in a long while.

good to see londell is still working with mj i may be wrong but i think this guy needs giving a lot of credit. since londell came on board all these lawsuits (about 20 or so) have been delt with seemingly as quick as possible and alot of the mess was cleared up very quickly. all this started happening when londell came in. of course others are involved but i think londell working for mj has had a big impact

Yep. He hardly does get credited but I definitely believe Londell's the reason these lawsuits are going by faster than usual. :yes:

I remember when McMillan started to work for Michael he said "Michael is a musical genius who needs a competent and caring advocate". I hope Londell McMillan is a man like that. I really do.
Wow "caring"...This ain't the type of word to hear from a lawyer and I'm impressed. Along with the job he's been doin for MJ, props to McMillan for the words.

Yep, big props for Londell McMillan and big props for Raymone Bain for being the one to go and get him.

Things are coming along quiiiiiiiite nicely! 2008 is going GREAT!! :yes:

*MJ pulling pencil from behind right ear to check off some more things that were on his list*

MJ: Uh-huh. That's gone and that's gone. LOL

Whoa. Need to read the news threads more often. That is great news for Michael. :yes::yes::yes:

MJ: Uh-huh. That's gone and that's gone. LOL

haha good one AllforMj ..i like that one

Back