November 24, 2008

MJJC News Dept

Proud Member
Hello everyone. My name is Betty and I'll be helping with the news section.

Shannon (MJJC Momma:) ) asked me to point out that time is running out for anyone interested in contributing a square to Michael's Christmas Present. Information can be found here...

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57011

I hope everyone has heard the news that the trial was ended due to a settlement. There are many articles on the case today.

[SIZE=-2]Washington Post[/SIZE]
Michael Jackson cancels plan to appear in UK court
[SIZE=-1]Reuters - 9 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Mike Collett-White LONDON (Reuters) - Michael Jackson will not appear in a London court on Monday after the US pop star reached a settlement "in ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson expected in London court [SIZE=-1]Detroit Free Press[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]World briefs: Michael Jackson settles, avoids court [SIZE=-1]Newsday[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sheik's lawyer: Settlement with Jackson a secret [SIZE=-1]The Associated Press[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]AFP[/SIZE]
Michael Jackson strikes out-of-court deal with Bahraini prince
[SIZE=-1]AFP - 3 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LONDON (AFP) — Pop megastar Michael Jackson cancelled his expected appearance in court Monday, after reaching a settlement with a Bahraini prince suing him ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]eFluxMedia[/SIZE]
Michael Jackson Settles with Sheikh Out of Court
[SIZE=-1]eFluxMedia - 7 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Jane Ivory Michael Jackson ultimately did not have to make the dreaded trip to London to testify in court as a settlement was reached with the Arab ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]The Associated Press[/SIZE]
Jackson spokeswoman: singer, sheik settle lawsuit
[SIZE=-1]The Associated Press - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LONDON (AP) — Michael Jackson has reached a settlement with a Bahraini sheik who says the singer owes him $7 million after breaching a signed contract, ...[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson Settles Case
[SIZE=-1]TheCelebrityCafe.com, NY - 8 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]It’s settled: Michael Jackson will not have to appear in London for a court case. With the precise details still unknown to the public, lawyers for Michael ...[/SIZE]

Jackson and sheik settle
[SIZE=-1]The Australian, Australia - 4 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LONDON: Lawyers for Michael Jackson have reached a settlement with a Bahraini sheik who claimed the singer owed him $US7 million ($11.1 million) after ...[/SIZE]

In other news/mentionings

Michael Jackson's brother Tito set for solo career
[SIZE=-1]Screen Weekly, India - 55 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson's older brother Tito Jackson is all set to launch his career as a solo artist. He has not released a track since the Jacksons' final LP, ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Radio 1[/SIZE]
Fans get to play Michael Jackson
[SIZE=-1]Radio 1, UK - 5 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]They are there to prove that they have what it takes to be the next Michael Jackson. That means voice, moves and attitude. He said: "I've always been doing ...[/SIZE]

Motown as social history
[SIZE=-1]Cincinnati.com, OH - Nov 23, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jackson 5 lead singer and solo superstar Michael Jackson is represented by the fedora and single glove he wore in his iconic performance of "Billie Jean" on ...[/SIZE]

BBDO Made Pepsi What It Is
[SIZE=-1]AdAge.com (subscription) - 16 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]BBDO's Michael Jackson commercials were more than worthy of the King of (soda) Pop. The first, dating to its earliest days on the business, was the insight ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]The Nation Newspaper
http://www.nationnews.com/story/298429385411751.phpWhite still rules road tennis court
[SIZE=-1]The Nation Newspaper, Barbados - 7 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]JULIAN "MICHAEL JACKSON" WHITE is the undisputed king of the Barbados National Bank-sponsored Racquets O f Fire R oad T ennis C ompetition. ...[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1992 - Michael Jackson's Heal The World Foundation airlifted medical supplies to Sarajevo. The project was in conjunction with AmeriCares.

2003 - A video tape of Michael Jackson was offered to several media companies. The tape was made on an XtraJet flight illegally. The following day Jackson's lawyers filed a lawsuit to prevent the tape from being made public.

Last edited:
Hey.

Welcome to the board.

And thanks for the "news" :lol:

So nice the trial is over!

Hi Betty, welcome!

All those articles... I saw it on the front page of yahoo. I was like "There is iz :p." Glad it's over too.

^^^^don't be sad Emilia...thanks for ur contribution to the news
and thank you Betty

man....the MJ pepsi article....those ads never get old..lol..where are the other artists video samples? it's obvious, as usual, the writers acknowledge that MJ is still king of the music world!:yes:

Last edited:
man....the MJ pepsi article....those ads never get old..lol..where are the other artists video samples? it's obvious, as usual, the writers acknowledge that MJ is still king of the music world!:yes:

Looking back in MJ's history; it's really uplifting. I don't think many of us realized back then what an influence he would have in the future. I was just a teen during the Dangerous era, but I paid attention to all that was happening, but I never really thought like WOW, this shit right here would be talked about for centuries!

Sometimes I like to watch som old clips and photos and go back. Back in the day :punk:

Wow I'm so glad to know this stupid trial is over :happy:

Wellcome Betty 'n thanks for the news :flowers:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'SSSSSSSSS OVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :jump:
GO MICHAEL!!!!!! :punk:

'Way to go Michael'!! just live your life and be happy. The worms will all have to learn the hard way from now on :tease:

Thanks for the news Betty.

Yep, things went very quickly. Seemed like it would if those lawyers had a chat.

Case closed...

:D

hello everyone. just back from London after a rather bizarre trip lol not much to add to moonstreets last post in the trial thread b4 it was closed. i was one of the 7 in court this morning. all that for 1 min of conversation b4 the judge closed the case.after they came to an agreement or a basis for one on saturday. everyone had to laugh it was such an anti climax. anyway it was good to see the idiots in the media running about looking for sound bites for a story that didnt excist. i guess it was a quiet news day. they must be gutted that there big news story never happened and for that reason im gald it was settled. i just hope mj didnt give way to much but after fridays testimony and knowing that mj was coming i hopefully believe it was the prince that bottled it but i guess we will never know.id also love to know the judges opinion upto this stage but once again that aint ever gonna happen. aslong as we dont c and 2 seas new book/album then i guess thats something lol. it was weird as you had spent the last 5 days or so worried about whats gonna happen at court are you gonna get in how many days will it last and you were just looking forward to seeing mj again in one way or the other that yeah when u found out he wasnt even there it gave you the feeling that you get when an mj trip is over and you know either hes gone or u have to go home. that kinda depressing going back to normality feeling. yet there hadnt even been an mj trip cause he was never there. u have to laugh or you will cry lol i especially feel for those who travelled from overseas we met a german girl at court that had just arrived and didnt know it had all been settled. u have to feel for them hope she gets home ok.

it was also intresting listening to the reporters over my shoulder (as you do) in the courtroom talking about 05. one had gone to report talking about how crazy janet was and all the leg waxing and how wonderful t mez was in tearing her apart. and how crappy the USA journos were at reporting the facts (they need spoon feeding according to the convo) anyway couldnt tell if the reporter was pro mj cause she kinda implied it was a case of mj getting off cause janet was mad. maybe im paranoid in saying that i dunno. anyway dont know who the reporter was but i wonder if it was someone from A.P or the likes as she seemed abit of above a tabloid journo.actually sounded educated and could put mpre than 2 words together and loved mez so maybe more of a legal reporter.

anyway its kinda funny cause we had joked yesterday about their been a settlement and mj not even coming becasue there was something very strange in the air last night. u get feelings when mj is around but ppl jsut felt like something wasnt right. ontop of all the crazy rumours. this shows how full of B.S the media are. sky news had breaking news yesterday afternoon that mj was jsut arriving and there were papa at the airport. obviously B.S the sun the day b4 said he'd arrived at luton on private jet. some fan followed a car from luton thinking it was mj god knows who it was LOL.and all the time mj was chilling in L.A or wherever. lol he would ahve had fun if he went on the boards yesterday lol

all in all itwas great to see everyone again who i hadnt seen since march 07 and to meet man in the mirror from this board and muchos (sp) aswell hope u get/got home ok. it was nice to have laugh and see everyone and the whole crazy fan thing that you do and hopefully on the next michael trip MJ will actually be in the UK next time lol.

anyway the court room was absoloutly tiny and was more like a classroom with a few tables not what u would expect when u think of a court room. i guess they ran out of space so started to turn offices into court rooms. all i can say is that if mj had testfiyed and fans had been allowed in then it would have been crazy as you were litterally a few mtrs from where he would be sat. buy hey a girl can dream and tbh the chances og getting in with so few seats well u would have had more chance of winning the lotto. and the media would have prob tried to grab al lthe seats. it was pretty much full today bar a few seats next to me. so im gald the media didnt get their feeding frenzie and they would have been drolling if mj had come as they would have been sat so near to him. in that sense mj did the right thing

And that ends my court updates. It was quiet an experience. Over the years we've read about soo many oourt cases Michael has been invloved in but it was actaully kinda cool to be able to actully go to the public area and be able to see first hand what was going on.
yeah i agree itwas rather strange seeing all this happening in court. seeing the files with the name on of mj and the prince seeing the ppl repping each side. made it sooo real. and this isnt just about the media and news its ppl lives yeah only money but still it makes it seem so much more real than just reading posts on a board

Last edited:
hello everyone. just back from London after a rather bizarre trip ...

Wow, I just read through all of that (lollige at the typos haha) but yeah, I'm glad you got home alright and were lucky to have had a taster of it all :)

P.S What does B.A and 05 and P.A mean? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
it was great meeting you all such a fun time shame it all had to come to an end but hey im sat here with my afternoon tea so im happy :)

hiya. hope you have defrosted. its alot warmer inside infront of the comp lol next time lets hope mj is actually here lol

lollige at the typos haha)
yeah sorry im half a sleep.

05 means the abuse trial

u will have to point the others out to me as i cant see them lol

thanx so much Elusive! hope u didnt freeze in cold cause my friend did..poor her but she was happy the case was settled...

it wasnt to bad. ive learned my lesson from previous trips. 20 layers scarfs wolley hats lol and dont stand around in one spot for two long lol its wasnt as cold as i thought it would be from the weateher forecast. mind u i can say that now im inside and warm lol. had i been stood there for another few days as expected it prob would have been different lol

some info from lesliemj.hu site

Jackson Repaid Another Loan

Despite his recent legal issues with the Bahrain Prince, Michael Jackson just repaid a $2.5 million loan to City National Bank (CA).

Jackson took the money in 1993 right after the first allegations. The two parties agreed to enter into a copyright and mortage security agreement.

Since Jackson just repaid the loan the agreement has been terminated, and the titles of 1503 songs from the MiJac catalouge been transferred back to the star.

Last edited:
Well, I'm just finding out about this settlement, but as I see it good for MJ.

Now he can move on to bigger and better things in his life.

I take it this was the last lawsuit that we know of right?

Seems like Michael is really getting himself organized and petty stuff out the way :yes:

Sheik's case CLOSED...:tease:

Jackson Repaid Another Loan
...Michael Jackson just repaid a $2.5 million loan to City National Bank (CA).

... The two parties agreed to enter into a copyright and mortage security agreement.

Since Jackson just repaid the loan the agreement has been terminated, and the titles of 1503 songs from the MiJac catalouge been transferred back to the star.
:clapping:

Sounds like it's ALL GOOD now, my Bay-bah!!! :angel:

:cheers:

Now let's get dat new era started :wild:

Last edited:
Back