November 21 - 23 (Update for November 23, 2008 on post #46)

Re: November 21 - 23 News and Mentionings

I need to read good news because I am very stressed in recent days ...:(

Thank you for posting!:flowers:

OKAY

could someone clear this up? This was posted on another board I go to. (non mj related)

Last edited by a moderator:

That Muslim story sounds like rehash of a tabloid rumor published a few times during the trial.

Ah, I read that.. it's in the Google news if you search for MJ.. and theres a few that have it. But, what I think.. It's not true.. came from "The Sun" so.. that is enough to speak for itself, lol. Like others said.. sounds like some story from around the trial time.

OKAY

could someone clear this up? This was posted on another board I go to. (non mj related)

Members, please do NOT post this item here anymore. This is a rehashed tabloid story from the Sun.

Even if it were true, we would not be discussing MJ's religious preferences here as that is his private business and his right.

hey Dri i know why you're stressed because you eat too much Haagen Daaz :giggle:

mmmm Haagen Daaz.... i forgot i have some... yay! midnight Snacktime!

here is some news i found that's o.k ;)

and he told me to get Tiger Balm for him."

------------------------------------------------------
‘ALL TIME TOP 40’ ON MTV BASE

On November 29, 2008, MTV Base - a digital pay TV music channel from the UK with focus on hip hop, R'n'B and reggae - will dedicate 5 hours to Michael Jackson.

From 6 - 11 pm, Michael's friend David Gest will present in the show "All Time Top 40" the 40 most successful hits of the King of Pop from official chart placements of past years.

I hope that he never used that crap.

And thanks to David Gest for hosting the MTV special. This is amazing, but they should have done it at his birthday.

Sky News just went live from the MJ auditions for Thriller at the Lyric theatre!

They had cool cardboard stands of michael - I want one!

The young guy who played Michael on the latest leg of the tour sang a few lines from Ben and moonwalked.

There will be another report on Sky News tomorrow revealing the outcome of today's auditions.

Was saying goodbye to my sister-in-law who is moving out of state so that is why I am late with the news thread.

Just thought I would give you a few reminders about what's been going on lately with posting things on the news thread:

Please don't post any tabloid ish here in the news thread it may be posted here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75 Check the forum before posting anything to make sure it hasn't been posted as of yet. As for the trial news all news will be posted in the 1st post of the trail thread here (and discussion): http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57437

Will be back shortly with the update for November 23, 2008.:)

"‘ALL TIME TOP 40’ ON MTV BASE"

Anyone willing to record at least some of it? I'd like to see what David says. Plus there might be something interesting. Never know.

As you already know there is alot of news about the trial and Michael's appearance tomorrow which you may discuss here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=57437

As of right now there is nothing new to report but a few mentionings.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for November 23, 2008:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,24696109-5013560,00.html

The 26-year-old seasoned performer faced off against farm boy and self-taught artist Luke Dickens, 25, to be crowned the reality contest's sixth victor last night.
He thanked a long list of people from security staff to make-up artists and his girlfriend. He also heaped praise on his good mate and rival Dickens.
"Thank you, I'm shaking," he said.
"And to this man, Luke, he is the most amazing man.
"... I'm the godfather of his child."
Dickens, 25, a shearer from Young in country New South Wales congratulated Carr.
"This here is the man and that is why he is here," he said.
Carr wins a recording deal with Sony, a car and $200,000 towards developing his craft.
The win has been a long time coming for Michael Jackson fan Carr, who has been honing his craft through live performances from the age of 14.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Entertainment/OtherEntertainment/2008/11/23/7505771-sun.html

recently went down with a friend and, while the sand and surf fill the daytime, the nightlife is just as hot. Inundated with tourists, Cancun's main strip features huge shopping complexes, restaurants and bars and nightclubs. We put on our dancing shoes and hit the town on a Friday night, winding up at one of the largest Vegas-style clubs around - Coco Bongo Show & Disco. Cover is about $60, or $80 if you want the express line to sneak past the thousands of patrons who indulge nightly, and includes beverages. Aside from the multi-level dance floors and serious party vibe, the entertainment includes musical shows spoofing everyone from James Brown to Michael Jackson while acrobats act out characters from The Mask to Spider-Man, landing on the bar to free-pour tequila into open mouths.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081123/LIFE09/811230309

Standing by a wall filled with photos of Motown's best, we were let in on a little secret. Despite the oft-repeated legend, the Jackson 5 were discovered not by Supremes' front woman Diana Ross but by Bobby Taylor of the little-known Motown band Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers. (Trivia note: One member of the Vancouvers was Tommy Chong, who later went on to fame as one half of the comedy duo Cheech and Chong).
Jackson 5 lead singer and solo superstar Michael Jackson is represented by the fedora and single glove he wore in his iconic performance of "Billie Jean" on Motown's 25th anniversary television special in 1983. Williams said that Jackson donated $125,000 to the museum in its earliest days and continued, "Michael has had some bad publicity in the last year or so but that donation speaks for itself. It was the biggest donation anyone had given up until that time."

http://www.news-record.com/content/...urnalist_tells_about_her_childhood_in_liberia

Cooper was part of the Americo-Liberian elite, descendants of free American blacks who colonized the Tennessee-sized country beginning in the 1820s. She had attended an American-run school in the Liberian capital of Monrovia. She had grown up reading "Little Women" and Nancy Drew, and listening to Michael Jackson and the Commodores. She had even been to the United States before to visit family.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=94654&catid=8

Serial robber uses Michael Jackson-style glove

Tampa, Florida - A serial robber is loose in the Bay area with three police agencies trying to catch him.
They've seen him on surveillance tape, but can't seem to catch him.
Tampa, Temple Terrace and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office are all trying to find a man described by authorities as an African American male in his early 30's who is roughly five feet eleven inches tall.
The armed man was seen robbing three banks and two grocery stores in Tampa, Seffner and Brandon.
In each robbery, the man uses distinct disguises that make him stand out on the video. In one, he wears a large wig, while in the other, he uses dreadlocks and a beard.
He also wears one glove, Michael Jackson-style.
If you recognize him, please call Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-TIPS.
To visit the Crime Stoppers website, click here.

Melanie Brooks, 10 Connects News

Michael Jackson HIStory for November 23, 2008:

1991 - Michael Jackson's song "Black Or White" debuts at #1 in the U.K.

OAS_url = 'http://gcirm.gannett-tv.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/'; function OAS_AD_QUERY(adPosition, queryString, synchID) { var x = OAS_url + adSiteId + '/' + '@x24?' + synchID + '&' + queryString; //alert(x); // Update frame source frames['adframe'].location.href = x; } if(typeof GCION != 'undefined' && typeof rsi_segs != 'undefined') { if(GCION.Cookies.Cookie.Exists(rsi_segs)) { var mckie = GCION.Cookies.GCION.GetData(rsi_segs); if(mckie.rsi_segs){var revsci_segment = mckie.rsi_segs;} }}if(typeof GCION != 'undefined' && typeof gcion_local_cookie != 'undefined') { if(GCION.Cookies.Cookie.Exists(gcion_local_cookie)) { var vckie = GCION.Cookies.GCION.GetData(gcion_local_cookie); if(vckie.ZipCode){var vzip=vckie.ZipCode;} if(vckie.YearOfBirth){var vyear=vckie.YearOfBirth;} var vgend = null; if(vckie.Gender){(vckie.Gender==1)?(vgend='female'):(vgend='male');} }}function loadVideo(videoId,adSiteId){var mp = new MavenPlayer('articleplayer');mp.setParameter('checkSystemId', 'systemRequirementsHTML');mp.setVariable('referralPlaylistId', '029414941d2e69091778eb01251cc6e3e320a82f');mp.setVariable('referralObject', videoId);//mp.setVariable('referralLinkBackURL', url);//mp.setVariable('referralLinkBackDesc', '');//mp.setVariable('deepLinkUrl', '');mp.setVariable('adServerBasePath', 'http://gcirm.gannett-tv.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads');mp.setVariable('adPositionId', 'x25');mp.setVariable('adSiteId', adSiteId);mp.setVariable('SSTSCode', '');if(revsci_segment){mp.setVariable('revSciSegments', revsci_segment)};if(vzip){mp.setVariable('revSciZip', vzip)};if(vyear){mp.setVariable('revSciAge', vyear)};if(vgend){mp.setVariable('revSciGender', vgend)}; mp.setVariable('pageContentCategory', 'articleplayer');mp.setVariable('pageContentSubcategory', 'articleplayer');mp.setVariable('gpaperCode','gntbcstwtsp');mp.setVariable('marketName', 'Tampa Bay, FL');mp.setVariable('division', 'broadcast');mp.write('flashParentHTML');} //configuration adSiteId = 'video.wtsp.com/news'; //endconfiguration function doLoad(){loadVideo('936754758',adSiteId)}

1991 - Michael Jackson's song "Black Or White" debuts at #1 in the U.K.

OAS_url = 'http://gcirm.gannett-tv.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/'; function OAS_AD_QUERY(adPosition, queryString, synchID) { var x = OAS_url + adSiteId + '/' + '@x24?' + synchID + '&' + queryString; //alert(x); // Update frame source frames['adframe'].location.href = x; } if(typeof GCION != 'undefined' && typeof rsi_segs != 'undefined') { if(GCION.Cookies.Cookie.Exists(rsi_segs)) { var mckie = GCION.Cookies.GCION.GetData(rsi_segs); if(mckie.rsi_segs){var revsci_segment = mckie.rsi_segs;} }}if(typeof GCION != 'undefined' && typeof gcion_local_cookie != 'undefined') { if(GCION.Cookies.Cookie.Exists(gcion_local_cookie)) { var vckie = GCION.Cookies.GCION.GetData(gcion_local_cookie); if(vckie.ZipCode){var vzip=vckie.ZipCode;} if(vckie.YearOfBirth){var vyear=vckie.YearOfBirth;} var vgend = null; if(vckie.Gender){(vckie.Gender==1)?(vgend='female'):(vgend='male');} }}function loadVideo(videoId,adSiteId){var mp = new MavenPlayer('articleplayer');mp.setParameter('checkSystemId', 'systemRequirementsHTML');mp.setVariable('referralPlaylistId', '029414941d2e69091778eb01251cc6e3e320a82f');mp.setVariable('referralObject', videoId);//mp.setVariable('referralLinkBackURL', url);//mp.setVariable('referralLinkBackDesc', '');//mp.setVariable('deepLinkUrl', '');mp.setVariable('adServerBasePath', 'http://gcirm.gannett-tv.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads');mp.setVariable('adPositionId', 'x25');mp.setVariable('adSiteId', adSiteId);mp.setVariable('SSTSCode', '');if(revsci_segment){mp.setVariable('revSciSegments', revsci_segment)};if(vzip){mp.setVariable('revSciZip', vzip)};if(vyear){mp.setVariable('revSciAge', vyear)};if(vgend){mp.setVariable('revSciGender', vgend)}; mp.setVariable('pageContentCategory', 'articleplayer');mp.setVariable('pageContentSubcategory', 'articleplayer');mp.setVariable('gpaperCode','gntbcstwtsp');mp.setVariable('marketName', 'Tampa Bay, FL');mp.setVariable('division', 'broadcast');mp.write('flashParentHTML');} //configuration adSiteId = 'video.wtsp.com/news'; //endconfiguration function doLoad(){loadVideo('936754758',adSiteId)}

1995 - Michael Jackson is crowned best male artist and Bjork best female artist at the 1995 MTV Europe Music Awards in Paris.

Back