November 21 - 23 (Update for November 23, 2008 on post #46)

mariemarie

Guests
Hey everyone. Have a glorious weekend wherever you are.

Slim - Love’s Crazy

Regular readers of this column know that Nathan S. loves the ladies, so much so that he sometimes refers to himself in the third person. But if I have world-class game – and I do - I owe it to 112. In my early days the smooth-singing quartet was responsible for an admittedly high number of my hook ups. It was Peaches ‘N Cream that brought the honeys out on the dance floor, Cupid that got her close, and Anywhere that sealed the deal back at the crib. More than Blackstreet, more even than Jagged Edge, it was 112 that made me the man I am today. And for that I owe Darron, Mike, Q and Slim a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid.

Sadly 112’s days as an R&B powerhouse have come to an end, as all good things must. But in some small way the dream lives on. Slim, the group’s charismatic leader with the Michael Jackson-esque voice, is keeping the legacy alive by signing his own label deal and releasing his debut solo album Love’s Crazy. Love’s Crazy is not only one of the most accurate album titles of the year (the only thing better would have been Women Are Crazy), it’s a collection of radio ready singles and bedroom burning jams that proves that while Slim’s days as a true superstar are no more, he’s got more than enough R&B firepower left to carry an album.

More http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/slim-loves-crazy-1121081/

Winning -- and grinning

Their euphoria was evident from their mobbing of backup goalie Curtis Sanford, whom they playfully treated like a bobblehead doll, to cheering for Steve Bernier's summons to a television interview, to Michael Jackson's music pounding out the dressing room door.

More http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/sports/story.html?id=51720e9a-1e3d-4170-b909-78c429a7c3e1

Today in

Michael Jackson History

2000 - "20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Michael Jackson" was released.

2002 - In Berlin, Michael Jackson accepted a lifetime Bambi entertainment award. He received the award for his philanthropic work on behalf of children.

2003 - In Santa Barbara, CA, Michael Jackson was booked on suspicion of child molestation. Jackson immediately posted the $3 million bail and then flew back to Las Vegas where he had been filming a video. He was given an arraignment date of January 9, 2004.

Awards_2000_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: November 21 - 23 News and Mentionings

2002 - In Berlin, Michael Jackson accepted a lifetime Bambi entertainment award. He received the award for his philanthropic work on behalf of children.

2003 - In Santa Barbara, CA, Michael Jackson was booked on suspicion of child molestation. Jackson immediately posted the $3 million bail and then flew back to Las Vegas where he had been filming a video. He was given an arraignment date of January 9, 2004.

Note the Irony!
Anyways thankyous, doing great job.

Thanks for the news, marie.

Posted November 20, 2008- When speaking with Quincy Jones, make sure all your facts are 100% true, “I didn’t state that I didn’t want to work with Michael Jackson, I stated that I have too many projects to work with Michael, big difference.” Quincy told BET.com on Tuesday afternoon.
The mogul, who’s responsible for constructing countless amounts of hits with the likes of Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Duke Ellington, Paul Simon Frank Sinatra and a plethora of others, not only expressed his love for the King of Pop, but also noted a hectic schedule would prohibit complete focus on MJ’s comeback set.

Said Jones, “I love Michael; he’s part of my soul, but I got nine movies, three albums I’m in the middle of, my foundation and my kids; I have a lot to do. You have to focus on everything you do or you don’t do it well.”
With his new memoir, "The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey & Passions", an intimate view inside the life of the legendary producer in stores now, Quincy’s accounts and reflections are easily viewed as some of the greatest memories in music history. When asked to recount his favorite, Jones had no intentions on naming just one, “That would be impossible when you’re talking Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Ray Charles, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Melly Mel, Heavy D, Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, Kool Moe Dee, Paul Simon; it’s impossible because they’re all different. That’s like picking a favorite child…no way.”
"The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey & Passions" can be purchased at your local Barnes & Nobles.

----

--------------------

Everyone we are discussing the Trial in this link below in order to keep it organised
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57437&page=43

November 21, 2008 - 8:19 a.m.

[URL="http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081121/capt.f8b08ec6145b4dd99322ad2cd5da1499.britain_jackson_court_xag101.jpg"][/URL]
Michael Jackson's former personal assistant told a British court Friday that
a Bahraini sheik who is now suing the singer was a generous friend, eager
to give Jackson money and other gifts.

Grace Rwaramba said Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa referred to Jackson as his brother and frequently offered the singer gifts and money.

"He would say, 'What can I do for my brother?' 'What can I give the children?'" Rwaramba said. "Mr. Jackson had a back pain and he told me to get Tiger Balm for him.
"
Rwaramba, who also was nanny to Jackson's three children, said she considered the sheik's behavior "sweet.
"

She was testifying as a defense witness in a $7 million lawsuit brought against Jackson by Al Khalifa, the second son of the king of Bahrain. The sheik says Jackson reneged on a contract to produce an album, a candid autobiography and a stage play after accepting millions in advances. Jackson claims the money was a gift.

The money at issue includes sums of $35,000 and $1 million paid into Rwaramba's bank account by the sheik. Rwaramba said the money was intended for Jackson, who did not have a bank account of his own.

Rwaramba said she was "flabbergasted" when she received the first payment of $35,000, which she considered a large sum.

She said the sheik "apologized that it was a little. He said next time it would be more.
"
The court heard that Al Khalifa paid for hotel rooms for Jackson and his entourage and trips to Toys R Us to buy Christmas presents for the singer's guests.

Rwaramba said the sheik NEVER suggested any of money would have to be paid back.

Jackson, 50, and the 33-year-old sheik first made contact when the King of Pop was fending off accusations of child molestation in California and Al Khalifa offered to help him. Once Jackson was cleared of the charges in June 2005, Al Khalifa invited him to the small, oil-rich Gulf state to escape the media spotlight.

Al Khalifa says he gave Jackson millions of dollars in all to help shore up his finances and subsidize Jackson's lifestyle in Bahrain - including more than $300,000 for a "motivational guru.
"
Al Khalifa, an amateur songwriter, says the pair even moved into the same palace to work on music together.

But Jackson dropped the project in 2006, leaving Bahrain and pulling out of the contract. Jackson's lawyers are arguing that the musician wasn't bound by the deal because the contract was signed on behalf of 2 Seas Records, a venture which never got off the ground.

Jackson is due to take the witness stand at London's High Court on Monday. His lawyers had asked for him to give evidence by video link from the U.S., citing an unspecified medical condition.

But lawyer Robert Englehart told the judge on Thursday that Jackson's doctors had cleared him to travel.

http://www. victoriaadvocate. com/news/nationworld/story/361146. html

Billyjean1 - That article was posted on yesterday's news thread. However, thanks for posting and thanks to qbee as well. BTW, to the USA fans, did anyone see the "show" Mike and Juliet? They had Geraldo on there and they were talking about the civil trial.

Will Smith: "I Could Absolutely be the President of the U.S." :huh:

Thu Nov 20, 2008 at 11:01:10 AM

Obama has been called a rock star, and compared with celebrities. Have there been many comparisons with you?

It's the ears, the ears; it's a problem Barack and I are gonna have to live with, it's just the truth of who we are. That energy that you're talking about, that's a rock star energy, people don't bring that. Ideas bring that.

When someone's a rock star and you look at someone, it's: "they caused that thing;" it's because they're touching a spirit inside of you -- about something you believe, that you're connecting to something that you believe that they believe. You can't sing well enough to give someone that feeling. It's what you're singing that connects to that person.

With Michael Jackson, when we were growing up, it wasn't just that he had a fantastic voice; it was that he was six. You know? That guy is six. God has to give you that, so that's what we were looking at, with Michael Jackson. You know, he trained and he worked hard, but he was touched in a way, and Quincy Jones said "God touches all of our shoulders, but he just leaves his hand hanging a little bit longer on some peoples' shoulders," you know, and that's the thing about that rock star thing, it's ideas that speak to some part of us.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/st...ependence_day_2_fresh_prince_barack_obama.php

I remember that outfit he wore. Nice pic.

Thanks for the news.

Will Smith: "I Could Absolutely be the President of the U.S." :huh:

Thu Nov 20, 2008 at 11:01:10 AM

Obama has been called a rock star, and compared with celebrities. Have there been many comparisons with you?

It's the ears, the ears; it's a problem Barack and I are gonna have to live with, it's just the truth of who we are. That energy that you're talking about, that's a rock star energy, people don't bring that. Ideas bring that.

When someone's a rock star and you look at someone, it's: "they caused that thing;" it's because they're touching a spirit inside of you -- about something you believe, that you're connecting to something that you believe that they believe. You can't sing well enough to give someone that feeling. It's what you're singing that connects to that person.

With Michael Jackson, when we were growing up, it wasn't just that he had a fantastic voice; it was that he was six. You know? That guy is six. God has to give you that, so that's what we were looking at, with Michael Jackson. You know, he trained and he worked hard, but he was touched in a way, and Quincy Jones said "God touches all of our shoulders, but he just leaves his hand hanging a little bit longer on some peoples' shoulders," you know, and that's the thing about that rock star thing, it's ideas that speak to some part of us.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/st...ependence_day_2_fresh_prince_barack_obama.php

The flying blue **** is Will talking about? :huh:

Will Smith: "I Could Absolutely be the President of the U.S."

That title is so misleading. LOL. Will says that because some people think that he looks like Barack Obama. I know, some people are like, "what" but to some people he does. I clearly do not see it at all. They both have big ears. That is about it. I liked and agreed with what he said about Mike.

Billyjean1 - That article was posted on yesterday's news thread. However, thanks for posting and thanks to qbee as well. BTW, to the USA fans, did anyone see the "show" Mike and Juliet? They had Geraldo on there and they were talking about the civil trial.

Oh sorry Bee i didn't realise

thanks for the news....

The flying blue **** is Will talking about? :huh:

I think, what Will Smith is saying is---some people have this "special" quality/aura/etc about them which makes them different--even tho'they might look/seem just as you and I .
Michael has/had "it" even at 6 years old----as does Barrack Obama now.
Dawn

Oh sorry Bee i didn't realise

It is alright. Just trying to help you out there. And please don't stop posting news. Sometimes the news that is posted was already posted on other threads so it is best to check the previous news threads first before posting. :)

What did they say? I went to website and click on today show with donny and marie but I can not see the video here at work. If anyone can play it, please post what was said.

What did they say? I went to website and click on today show with donny and marie but I can not see the video here at work. If anyone can play it, please post what was said.

No. I did not see the whole thing. That is why I asked. I changed the channel to see what they were talking about. I saw Geraldo, saw the heading that read "Michael Jackson New Trial" or something like that and changed the channel because I didn't like the show or the panel.

here is some news i found that's o.k ;)

21st November 2008
here is website:http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessage.php&t=1007022145807

JACKSON’S NANNY GRACE RWARAMBA TESTIFIES

Today (21st November 2008), Michael Jackson's former personal assistant and nanny to his children Grace Rwaramba testified in London (UK) as a defense witness. She said that Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, who is currently suing Michael Jackson, was a generous friend, eager to give Jackson money and other gifts. She also said that the sheik referred to Michael Jackson as his brother and frequently offered the singer gifts and money.

"He would say, 'What can I do for my brother?' 'What can I give the children?' Mr. Jackson had a back pain and he told me to get Tiger Balm for him."

Rwaramba said she considered the sheik's behavior "sweet."

The money at issue includes sums of $35,000 and $1 million paid into Rwaramba's bank account by the sheik. Rwaramba said the money was intended for Michael Jackson, who did not have a bank account of his own. Rwaramba said she was "flabbergasted" when she received the first payment of $35,000, which she considered a large sum. She said the sheik "apologized that it was a little. He said next time it would be more."
The court also heard that Al Khalifa paid for hotel rooms for Michael Jackson and his entourage and trips to Toys R Us to buy Christmas presents for the singer's guests.

Rwaramba said the sheik never suggested any of the money would have to be paid back.

-------------------------------------------------------
‘THE JACKSONS ARE COMING’ TO AIR IN UK

‘The Jacksons Are Coming’ fly-on-the-wall series begins in the U.K. on Channel 4 at 9.00 p.m. Thursday, November 27th.

The documentary of the Jacksons' stay in Devon, UK earlier this year will air next week in the UK. The hour long documentary follows members of the Jackson family as they leave Hayvenhurst and travel to Devon, in the UK.

------------------------------------------------------
‘ALL TIME TOP 40’ ON MTV BASE

On November 29, 2008, MTV Base - a digital pay TV music channel from the UK with focus on hip hop, R'n'B and reggae - will dedicate 5 hours to Michael Jackson.

From 6 - 11 pm, Michael's friend David Gest will present in the show "All Time Top 40" the 40 most successful hits of the King of Pop from official chart placements of past years.

--------------------------------------------------------
QUINCY JONES EXPLAINS COMMNETS MADE ABOUT MJ

In an interview to BET on Tuesday (18th November 2008), producer Quincy Jones not only expressed his love for Michael Jackson, but also noted that a hectic schedule would prohibit complete focus on Michael`s comeback set.

“I didn’t state that I didn’t want to work with Michael Jackson, I stated that I have too many projects to work with Michael, big difference.

I love Michael; he’s part of my soul, but I got nine movies, three albums I’m in the middle of, my foundation and my kids; I have a lot to do. You have to focus on everything you do or you don’t do it well.”

[
Awards_2000_2.jpg

Finally the show is held up near my town this year, but too bad they will have not one important artist there (xcept Reeves)...
Also Quincy said the very same thing in a radio interview. He's too busy, but he would love to work with Michael, if he just had the time to.

Everyone we are discussing the Trial in this link below in order to keep it organised
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57437&page=43

November 21, 2008 - 8:19 a.m.

[URL="http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081121/capt.f8b08ec6145b4dd99322ad2cd5da1499.britain_jackson_court_xag101.jpg"][/URL]
Michael Jackson's former personal assistant told a British court Friday that
a Bahraini sheik who is now suing the singer was a generous friend, eager
to give Jackson money and other gifts.

http://www. victoriaadvocate. com/news/nationworld/story/361146. html

so glad Grace proved a lot of people wrong.....and I thought some idiot at Fox said she was dying and abandon..???

and $7 mil is chump change to an Bahraini Prince...

I bet he does this all the time.. since his pockets are so looooooooooooooooooooooooonnngg

^ possibly because she might not work for him anymore, either way we wont be speculating on Michael's private matters in regards to who he hires etc

Hi there community members :)

Here's some MJ mentionings and round ups for you all :flowers:

"The Jacksons are coming"

Channel 4 are getting all teed up to air their documentary "The Jacksons Are Coming!"

It will air on the following times:
The Jacksons Are Coming!, Thur, Channel 4, 9pm; 24: Redemption, Mon, Sky One, 10pm

The documentary is a look into one of the biggest families in music history and centralises around "those surreal weeks back in the summer when the Jackson family - as in Michael, Jermaine, Tito, Janet - were planning to move to Appledore, in Devon."

The following articles relate to this:
Times Online
Mail on Sunday

American Music Awards Show in Los Angeles

Annie Lennox to receive the Award of Merit this year "an honour previously bestowed on Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra and James Brown, among others."

The Canadian Press

Enjoy your weekend :)

Jackson Repaid Another Loan

Despite his recent legal issues with the Bahrain Prince, Michael Jackson just repaid a $2.5 million loan to City National Bank (CA).

Jackson took the money in 1993 right after the first allegations. The two parties agreed to enter into a copyright and mortage security agreement.

Since Jackson just repaid the loan the agreement has been terminated, and the titles of 1503 songs from the MiJac catalouge been transferred back to the star.

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/

I will update the news thread with new news and mentionings so please wait a few minutes while I complie them.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for November 22, 2008:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Michael-Jackson-Search-For-Young-Star-To-Play-*****-In-West-End-Musical/Article/200811315158350?lpos=Showbiz_News_First_UK_News_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15158350_Michael_Jackson%3A_Search_For_Young_Star_To_Play_*****_In_West_End_Musical

As the King of Pop travels to London ahead of next week's court appearance, young Jackson wannabes across the country are practising their moves.

15158373.jpg

The show's previous star on stage as Michael Jackson

The lead role for West End show Thriller Live is up for grabs and the producers are holding open auditions.
Tony Rex, one of the show's producers, said they are hoping to find someone who can emulate Jackson in his early Motown days.
He said: "It's proving really popular - we've been getting loads of calls and emails from the young hopefuls.
"We're tyring to find someone that's got that star quality, the unique quality that Jackson had as a child.
"And we're casting the net far and wide - the audition is open to anyone.
"Our next star could be out playing with his friends and we'll try to find him."

15158374.jpg
Thriller - Live!

The call sheet says the ideal candidate would be a "young, black, African-American or dual heritage boy aged 11 to 15 with an excellent unbroken pop/rock voice with a high range, who is exciting, confident and energetic."
Jackson hopefuls will be asked to sing either Ben, I Want You Back, or I'll Be There.
But Moonwalking is not on the list of requirements, as MJ only learned his funky dance skills as an adult.
Mr Rex added: "But if these kids can moonwalk that's a bonus - they may even end up rapping as well!
"Ultimately we're looking someone raw, fresh and exciting, who's not overtrained."
The show has been seen in Germany, Holland and Scandinavia and has travelled on three UK tours.
It charts the early life of Jackson, as the shining member of the Jackson Five.
:: The photocall for Jackson hopefuls is at 10.30am on Sunday November 23 at the Lyric Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue, London.
::Thriller - Live opens on January 2 at the Lyric Theatre on Shaftesbury Avenue.

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2008/11/22/7499616-sun.html

Plus he has one of the best voices in rock on his side and seems to be able to sell almost anything in a live setting, including a cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean during a short solo acoustic set in the middle of an otherwise loud and raucous show that included a great cover of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song to kick off the four-song encore.

http://www.turlockjournal.com/main.asp?SectionID=16&SubSectionID=3&ArticleID=3098&TM=9508.188

I celebrated my birthday this week and someone said to me, "another year older, another year wiser." At first I focused on the "another year older" part and thought about my youth rapidly slipping away. It seems like only yesterday that I was teasing my bangs eight inches off my head, wearing ripped jeans and concert T-shirts and learning the moves to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video.

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20081122/NEWS01/811220316/1010

During the dance competition, local "stars" boogied to their hearts' content. Leon County School Board member Dee Crumpler twirled a red boa in the air as he shook his rear end to Michael Jackson's "Bad." The boa floated through the breeze and Crumpler placed it around the neck of Tallahassee City Commissioner Debbie Lightsey. While Crumpler and others such as newly elected Leon County Commissioner Akin Akinyemi boogied, other officials judged their fancy footwork.

Michael Jackson HIStory for November 22, 2008:

1991 - Five former security guards at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch filed a lawsuit claiming that they had been fired for knowing too much about Jackson's alleged fondness for young boys.

2002 - In Berlin, police announced that they would not open an investigation into Michael Jackson for holding his son over a fourth-store balcony railing on November 19.

Last edited:

Jackson Repaid Another Loan

Despite his recent legal issues with the Bahrain Prince, Michael Jackson just repaid a $2.5 million loan to City National Bank (CA).

Jackson took the money in 1993 right after the first allegations. The two parties agreed to enter into a copyright and mortage security agreement.

Since Jackson just repaid the loan the agreement has been terminated, and the titles of 1503 songs from the MiJac catalouge been transferred back to the star.

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/

Transferred back to the star ??

That most be great news then!

^^^That's what I was thinking :) WHOO HOO!

Back