November 20, 2008; Quincy Jones Sheds Light On Michael Jackson Comments

Re: November 20, 2008

im not good at this court stuff, but if MJ sent The Prince a letter on June 22 of 2006 saying he changed his mind, then why is the Prince still sueing MJ?? :unsure: yeah im confused..

Exactly,babe!Bingo!!!

If this letter was by e-mail...The copy is in the computer,dont you?:huh:

Exactly,babe!Bingo!!!

If this letter was by e-mail...The copy is in the computer,dont you?:huh:

If you have committed to an agreement, you can't just back out when you change your mind. It's a basic principle in contractual law - pacta sunt servanda - that one must honour ones obligations. So, if Michael did enter into an agreement, it really doesn't matter that he told the prince he wanted out at some later date.

The whole dispute concerns the question of whether there was a binding agreement or not. The prince says yes, Michael says no. The court will decide.

The whole dispute concerns the question of whether there was a binding agreement or not. The prince says yes, Michael says no. The court will decide.

I'm still waiting for the ACTUAL document to be presented to the court or maybe it has been presented already and the media just hasn't reported it.

I mean, the center of this entire case depends on what is within the pages of that supposed contract, yet we have not heard anything thus far about the document being presented into evidence.

Shouldn't that document have been presented on day ONE? Or at the very least, shouldn't it have been presented while the Prince was on the witness stand, for verification at least.

http://www.bet.com/Music/musicnews_quincybusy_11.20.08.htm

Quincy Jones Sheds Light On Michael Jackson Comments

Posted November 20, 2008- When speaking with Quincy Jones, make sure all your facts are 100% true, “I didn’t state that I didn’t want to work with Michael Jackson, I stated that I have too many projects to work with Michael, big difference.” Quincy told BET.com on Tuesday afternoon.
The mogul, who’s responsible for constructing countless amounts of hits with the likes of Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Duke Ellington, Paul Simon Frank Sinatra and a plethora of others, not only expressed his love for the King of Pop, but also noted a hectic schedule would prohibit complete focus on MJ’s comeback set.

Said Jones, “I love Michael; he’s part of my soul, but I got nine movies, three albums I’m in the middle of, my foundation and my kids; I have a lot to do. You have to focus on everything you do or you don’t do it well.”
With his new memoir, "The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey & Passions", an intimate view inside the life of the legendary producer in stores now, Quincy’s accounts and reflections are easily viewed as some of the greatest memories in music history. When asked to recount his favorite, Jones had no intentions on naming just one, “That would be impossible when you’re talking Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Ray Charles, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Melly Mel, Heavy D, Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, Kool Moe Dee, Paul Simon; it’s impossible because they’re all different. That’s like picking a favorite child…no way.”
"The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey & Passions" can be purchased at your local Barnes & Nobles.

Posted November 20, 2008- When speaking with Quincy Jones, make sure all your facts are 100% true, “I didn’t state that I didn’t want to work with Michael Jackson, I stated that I have too many projects to work with Michael, big difference.” Quincy told BET.com on Tuesday afternoon.
The mogul, who’s responsible for constructing countless amounts of hits with the likes of Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Duke Ellington, Paul Simon Frank Sinatra and a plethora of others, not only expressed his love for the King of Pop, but also noted a hectic schedule would prohibit complete focus on MJ’s comeback set.

Said Jones, “I love Michael; he’s part of my soul, but I got nine movies, three albums I’m in the middle of, my foundation and my kids; I have a lot to do. You have to focus on everything you do or you don’t do it well.”

This just shows you how easily the media just loves twisting peoples words. The above quote puts a different spin on the 'alledged' comment does'nt it? When discussing Michael it seems people will have to spell out what it is they are saying so as not to be misquoted.

Nice statement from Q though.

Thanks Dorothy Marie for that Quincy article, i think Q is directly talking to scum like RF and others who implied Quincy had issues with working with Michael.

I love quicy jones...i cant thank him enough for all that he has done for mike :)

hi :waving all ppls and friends ;) just helping :yes:

Rockstar that is not our Michael Jackson hun and thanks for trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
no QJ no bad or off the wall so for that alone i like this guy.

This just shows you how easily the media just loves twisting peoples words. The above quote puts a different spin on the 'alledged' comment does'nt it? When discussing Michael it seems people will have to spell out what it is they are saying so as not to be misquoted.

Nice statement from Q though.

yeah.....unfortunately, the work of battling against the media...especially concerning MJ is never done....

but thank you Quincy

I knew this was the reason why he wasn't able to work with Michael. It's just disappointing that the tabloids started putting up "***** has been turned down by Q" once they edited his remark to be less and less specific...

If you have committed to an agreement, you can't just back out when you change your mind. It's a basic principle in contractual law - pacta sunt servanda - that one must honour ones obligations. So, if Michael did enter into an agreement, it really doesn't matter that he told the prince he wanted out at some later date.

Please tell them coz they don't get it! Or rather, THEY DON'T WANT TO GET IT!

If there's no conract, then there's no legally binding agreement. People understand very well the situation. It's how and when the Prince went about pulling Michael in to this situation which people are having a very real issue with. Some of you don't seem to get that.

I'm glad Q let people know that it's a time commitment thing and nothing else. That makes so much more sense than just plain not wanting to work with MJ again. I love what he said too. "He's part of my soul" - that' so nice :happy:.

Thanks for q's statement, I always felt that the reason for not working with Michael was because he had too many commitments. I think being a MJ fan helps you to read between the lines in the media, I just couldn't bring myself to believe that Q would say that he didn't want to work with MJ.
Regarding the trial....I just hope that this goes well for Michael. Obviously we will soon find out. I wish I could be in London to support Michael but just as he is flying in, Im gonna be flying out to Argentina to meet my daughter, I can't believe the shitty timing. Oh well....

Posted November 20, 2008-
When speaking with Quincy Jones, make sure all your facts are 100% true, “I didn’t state that I didn’t want to work with Michael Jackson, I stated that I have too many projects to work with Michael,big difference.” Quincy told BET.com on Tuesday afternoon.
The mogul, who’s responsible for constructing countless amounts of hits with the likes of Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Duke Ellington, Paul Simon Frank Sinatra and a plethora of others, not only expressed his love for the King of Pop, but also noted a hectic schedule would prohibit complete focus on MJ’s comeback set. Said Jones, “I love Michael; he’s part of my soul....”

I'm so glad that Quincy has set the record straight.
Maybe all the naysayers will finally hush their traps on how Quincy feels about Michael.

Thanks for that piece Dorothy.
I never had a prob with Q's comments anyway. Thanx. :tease:
Me neither. It was baffling to me why so many dissed the man for dealing with his own life and career.

Who you teasing with that smiley? Lol!
props to quincy jones right on!
Woot! Woot! ^_^

Michael is the bravest man ever, it's amazing he's able to come back to the court room and fight for himself. Applause! wow

lol...yeah..but not by choice.

i dream of him not having to have a life of being in courtrooms. courtrooms are for criminals.

it's all to clear that too many people know that MJ is successful, and lots of these sharks have a problem with it. and they all seem to want to take him to court to squeeze him dry. let the successful dude have a life, i say...lol...geez to those sharks... u sharks get back under water and get ur own 'lives'.

lol...yeah..but not by choice.

i dream of him not having to have a life of being in courtrooms. courtrooms are for criminals.

courtrooms are not only for criminals. they're for everyone nowadays. ppl sue each other over anything and they go to court. no biggie

Someone needs to email that comment from Quincy to RF. That idiot said straight out that Q did NOT want to work with Michael. Goes to show you how these people lie on people.

AKONSFINESTKINKY.jpg

Back