November 20, 2008; Quincy Jones Sheds Light On Michael Jackson Comments

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Good morning peoples :)

There's lots of articles about the trial resuming Monday and the buzz of MJ coming to London to attend it...

[SIZE=-2]Washington Post[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson to testify in British court: lawyer
[SIZE=-1]Reuters - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LONDON (Reuters) - Singer Michael Jackson plans to testify next week in a British court in a lawsuit brought against him by a Bahrain prince, Jackson's ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Lawyer: Michael Jackson to testify in London [SIZE=-1]The Associated Press[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson to appear in London High Court [SIZE=-1]NME.com[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]AFP[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson to give evidence at High Court
[SIZE=-1]AFP - 43 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LONDON (AFP) — Pop megastar Michael Jackson will testify in person at the High Court next week against allegations that he owes a Bahraini prince seven ...[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson To Have His Squeaky Day In Court
[SIZE=-1]hecklerspray, Los Angeles - 25 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson’s coming to town! And it’s all thanks to that sheik’s lawsuit that threatens to push Michael Jackson into permanent financial ruin. ...[/SIZE]

awyer: Michael Jackson to testify in London
[SIZE=-1]Herald Zeitung, TX - 24 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By JILL LAWLESS AP Writer AP Photo/Danny Moloshok LONDON (AP) -- Michael Jackson has agreed to appear in person at a London court to respond to a Bahraini ...[/SIZE]

I'm Getting Better
[SIZE=-1]Radar Online, NY - 12 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Yesterday, we reported that Michael Jackson was feeling too ill to travel to London to testify in the $7 million lawsuit brought by Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad ...

And only one lil mentioning :lol:
[/SIZE]

T-Pain Has A Giggle Fit In The MTV Newsroom
[SIZE=-1]MTV.com - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... the Thr33 Ringz album credits (What up, Roc!!!!!) to Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch to a special award he will be getting soon. Check out the tape here.
[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1991 - Armed men stole 30,000 copies of Michael Jackson's "Dangerous" album from a terminal at Los Angeles Airport.

2001 - Michael Jackson's short film "Cry" was released.

2003 - Several wireless microphones were discovered outside the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department headquarters. This was the same day that Michael Jackson surrendered on charges of child molestation. The microphones had been found in an area typically sued by employees during their break.

Today is also the last day for the Graphics Contest :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: November 20, 2008

1991 - Armed men stole 30,000 copies of Michael Jackson's "Dangerous" album from a terminal at Los Angeles Airport.

I find this story cool for some reason. Now, I'm agains't crime, but damn, LOL. That's a lot of copies. Wonder who was behind that? A crazed fan? Paul? lmao

gush, I knew that he has to go there. It seems I was right about Michael try to bring an excuse to not attendin the court.I think he really hate it ,specially after 2004 allegation.I'm happy that he is fine ..

1991 - Armed men stole 30,000 copies of Michael Jackson's "Dangerous" album from a terminal at Los Angeles Airport

Dang. That was crazy. People wanted that CD at that time. It shows that the Dangerous cd was truly something else.

Well, it looks like MJ is going to testify and get this thing over with. Good for Mike. Defend yourself and make that Prince the fool he truly is.

Dang. That was crazy. People wanted that CD at that time. It shows that the Dangerous cd was truly something else.

Yeah it was highly anticipated, Michael Mania was crazy back then, hopefully we will see it again!

Well, it looks like MJ is going to testify and get this thing over with. Good for Mike. Defend yourself and make that Prince the fool he truly is.

Does this mean MJ will testify in person in London???

Not over video link or satelitephone or what it's called??

That means we are getting a lot of pictures then!! :punk:

Yeah, Mike, according to reports, will be there in person. I prefer he testify in the states via phone or video, but the Prince wants MJ there so he can see him and smell Mike. LOL. He wants to be able to be in the same room with him and obsessed over why MJ stood up for himself and left him dry. LOL. The Prince is a loser.

Yeah, Mike, according to reports, will be there in person. I prefer he testify in the states via phone or video, but the Prince wants MJ there so he can see him and smell Mike. LOL. He wants to be able to be in the same room with him and obsessed over why MJ stood up for himself and left him dry. LOL. The Prince is a loser.

YEP! I definitely think the the Prince would like one more opportunity to see MJ, face-to-face.

And we also learned something by today's testimony, that being that the Prince is apparently very free with his money, because how you gonna give somebody ONE MILLION DOLLARS before you even met them.

And what did Jermaine do to EARN that Rolls-Royce? LOL!

im going down but heck knows if i will get into the court. ill let you all know if i do and what happens inside and outside of court

Question, do the British courts allow the general public into Civil trials? And the media as well?

It's probably none of my business, but Grace's testimony could be quite interesting. Waiting to hear how that goes.

Thanks for the news Shannon

It's awesome to know that Michael is feeling better :jump: :wub:

GO MICHAEL 'N KICK THE PRINCE'S A$!!! :punk:

because how you gonna give somebody ONE MILLION DOLLARS before you even met them.

That is the question of the month! Period.

The question regarding Jermaine should be: What does he do period? I was raised that you work for things. You don't free load to get a car. LOL. It makes no sense, but the Prince makes no sense anyway. His life is the true trainwreck. Giving people money so they can be his friend. What kind of mess is that?

ill let you all know if i do and what happens inside and outside of court

Do that.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57525

That thread is about the Jackson Family's documentary being aired on UK television. Thanks to the poster to posted the thread.

why do i feel the urge to book a ticket to London >.<
damn, stalker hahaha

you and me both!! >_< i want to go badly. those who are going try to take pics!

im going down but heck knows if i will get into the court. ill let you all know if i do and what happens inside and outside of court

thank you so much! :D

Good morning peoples :)

There's lots of articles about the trial resuming Monday and the buzz of MJ coming to London to attend it...

[SIZE=-2]Washington Post[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson to testify in British court: lawyer
[SIZE=-1]Reuters - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LONDON (Reuters) - Singer Michael Jackson plans to testify next week in a British court in a lawsuit brought against him by a Bahrain prince, Jackson's ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Lawyer: Michael Jackson to testify in London [SIZE=-1]The Associated Press[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson to appear in London High Court [SIZE=-1]NME.com[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]AFP[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson to give evidence at High Court
[SIZE=-1]AFP - 43 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LONDON (AFP) — Pop megastar Michael Jackson will testify in person at the High Court next week against allegations that he owes a Bahraini prince seven ...[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson To Have His Squeaky Day In Court
[SIZE=-1]hecklerspray, Los Angeles - 25 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson’s coming to town! And it’s all thanks to that sheik’s lawsuit that threatens to push Michael Jackson into permanent financial ruin. ...[/SIZE]

awyer: Michael Jackson to testify in London
[SIZE=-1]Herald Zeitung, TX - 24 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By JILL LAWLESS AP Writer AP Photo/Danny Moloshok LONDON (AP) -- Michael Jackson has agreed to appear in person at a London court to respond to a Bahraini ...[/SIZE]

I'm Getting Better
[SIZE=-1]Radar Online, NY - 12 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Yesterday, we reported that Michael Jackson was feeling too ill to travel to London to testify in the $7 million lawsuit brought by Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad ...

And only one lil mentioning :lol:
[/SIZE]

T-Pain Has A Giggle Fit In The MTV Newsroom
[SIZE=-1]MTV.com - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... the Thr33 Ringz album credits (What up, Roc!!!!!) to Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch to a special award he will be getting soon. Check out the tape here.

[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History

2001 - Michael Jackson's short film "Cry" was released.

2003 - Several wireless microphones were discovered outside the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department headquarters. This was the same day that Michael Jackson surrendered on charges of child molestation. The microphones had been found in an area typically sued by employees during their break.

Today is also the last day for the Graphics Contest :yes:

my mannn TPAIN. lol...very informative interview. reminds me of MJ...very big on commenting! lolol

and...of course mtv is always interested in all things Michael.

ur on point, there.

Bossip recently chatted with Akon and when he’s not practicing his dry humping skills, he’s the driving force of “Team Michael”.

That guy’s a genius, man. That’s probably the highlight of my career. He’s the most humble cool dude. When you stop and think about all of the controversies and articles on him, they don’t even reflect the person that I saw. I always say if people got the chance to actually meet the man behind all of the controversy, they would be embarrassed to even have that thought. He’s totally different from the normal perception that you see.

http://www.bossip.com/55952/exclusive-akon-people-should-feel-ashamed-for-talking-about-mj/

Bossip recently chatted with Akon and when he’s not practicing his dry humping skills, he’s the driving force of “Team Michael”.

That guy’s a genius, man. That’s probably the highlight of my career. He’s the most humble cool dude. When you stop and think about all of the controversies and articles on him, they don’t even reflect the person that I saw. I always say if people got the chance to actually meet the man behind all of the controversy, they would be embarrassed to even have that thought. He’s totally different from the normal perception that you see.

http://www.bossip.com/55952/exclusive-akon-people-should-feel-ashamed-for-talking-about-mj/

Actually, this is one of the few times that I think Akon didnt sound so generic or cliche.
Nice. :)

Lol at the dry humpin'

Thanks for the mentions at whatnot.

Wow, that was from bossip.com? LOL. That is something else. Akon was right on regarding Mike. Michael is a great man and I always stated that people need to get to know the man and not believe what they read about him. However, I still think Akon is not a good singer.

they just talked about michael on dutch television a second ago. there was lots of sarcasm in the presentors voices, but it was actually quite funny like '' male host: well i actually would like to read his biography''
female host: ''well .. i think you can wait for quite a LONG time''

Wow, that was from bossip.com? LOL. That is something else. Akon was right on regarding Mike. Michael is a great man and I always stated that people need to get to know the man and not believe what they read about him. However, I still think Akon is not a good singer.

Nah, they used MJ's mugshot and made a nasty nose joke. The only good bit was the quote and that was only because of Akon.

^Why am I not shocked? Fools. If they do not like the guy, why even talk about the dude? Haters. I hate that shitty website. Nothing but junk. The person who owns that mess is a fool. E-mailed that fool before and let her (yes, she is female) have it. Serves her right. I blocked her e-mail addy so she couldn't respond to my e-mail. LOL. Hehehehehe. I do not know why so many MJ fans waste their time there. Well, each to their own.

well wadya kno, as i expected they take a stab at MJ. thats why i dont usually read that stuff. it just makes me a bit frustrated...i LOVE what Akon said tho, and i really dont think he punched her out. the camera angle can make it look like he did.

Updates...lots more court articles but all basically say the same thing lol

Hawksley Workman
[SIZE=-1]Montreal Mirror, Canada - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson, coming into my world in 1983 with Thriller, was the beginning for me. Seeing somebody so fluid with their body, I knew then exactly what I ...[/SIZE]

Akon To Release NEW Freedom Album - Available On slotMusic Cards
[SIZE=-1]Top40-Charts.com, NY - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In addition to having two multi-platinum albums, 21 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 and over 145 guest appearances with artists such as Michael Jackson and ...[/SIZE]

Ask Myron: Kanye West: Please come back
[SIZE=-1]Tri State Defender, TN - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]It’s sort of like album where Michael Jackson doesn’t sing. It’s kind of difficult to listen to. This weekend I stumbled across the Kanye West video for his ...[/SIZE]

Sheraton Universal Iconic Hotel Of The Stars Announces Hiring
[SIZE=-1]Hotel Interactive, Inc., NY - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hundreds of film, television and music entertainers have also been guests at the "Hotel of the Stars" including Michael Jackson, Gladys Knight, Tom Hanks, ...[/SIZE]

Students Celebrate Roth Opening
[SIZE=-1]Statesman, NY - 2 hours ago

[SIZE=-1]They covered songs such as "Beat It" by Michael Jackson and other hits. Students seemed to enjoy their performance and some even broke out a few dance moves ...[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

hi :waving: Shannon and all ppls friedns here is more news i found ;)

here is website:http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessage.php&t=1033745082233

MICHAEL WILL TESTIFY IN LONDON COURT

Michael Jackson is expected to testify in person in London's High Court to contest a claim that he owes money to Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, second son of the King of Bahrain.

Pleading health problems, his lawyers had offered that he would appear via video link. However, his lawyer told the judge today (20th November 2008) that he would now take the stand in person.

“He has been cleared by his medical advisers to travel in two days’ time,” his lawyer Robert Englehart, QC, said.
Michael Jackson is reportedly expected to arrive in the UK over the weekend and give evidence on Monday afternoon (24th November 2008).

Mr Jackson may have been advised that appearing only via videolink risked alienating the judge. When Mr Englehart applied on Tuesday for his client to give evidence from Los Angeles (USA), Mr Justice Sweeney responded: “I want to get to the bottom of this as best I can.” He had asked for medical experts to get together and provide him with a report by 9am today.

Even though the case has been brought by Sheikh Abdulla Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa he said of Michael this week in court: “I regarded him in the same way as other businessmen. He is a person who is very switched on, a fantastic businessman and fantastic intellectual.”

-----------------------------------------------------
‘OFF THE WALL’ 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION

After the huge worldwide success of the 'Thriller 25th Anniversary Edition' SonyBMG is planning to release a 30th Anniversary Edition of 'Off The Wall' in 2009. A final release date is not available yet, but it might be released around February or March.

Additional information will be published as soon.

here is website:http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/21929.html

Michael Jackson to Testify in British Courtroom.

While Michael Jackson is a pop icon, he has spent most of his time in the limelight the past few years coming in and out of courtrooms. He is now returning to the stand next week, to testify in a case filed against him by a member of the Bahrain royal family. Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad al-Khalifa claims that Jackson has not honored a contract to write an autobiography and record a new album, and wants his $7 million back. Jackson claims the money was a gift, not an advance.

Jackson's lawyer, Robert Englehart, had been insisting the singer was not healthy enough to to travel to Britain, and Englehart informed the British Court on Thursday that Jackson "has been cleared by his medical advisers to travel in two days' time."

Jackson spent time in Bahrain after his court case in 2005, and the lawsuit alleges he committed to participating in a recording project with the sheik, prompting the building of a million dollar recording studio. Both sides have evidence to back up their cases.

Jackson will testify on Monday, and there is no word if fans will do the Thriller dance on the courthouse steps to celebrate his return to London.

November 20, 2008 · 10:09 AM

Breaking News Update: Judge orders Michael Jackson to appear in British courtroom
By Robin Leach

Under orders from a British High Court judge, King of Pop Michael Jackson will fly to London on Saturday. The on-and-off Las Vegas resident will then appear in court Monday to be grilled by lawyers in a court case brought by Sheikh Abdullah al-Khalifa, who wants Michael to repay him $7 million.

The son of the King of Bahrain claims Michael reneged on a contract for a new album and an autobiography -- and that the money was an advance! Jackson’s lawyers claim the money was purely a gift from a generous rich man and that no project was ever finalized.

Attorney Robert Englehart said that Jackson told al-Khalifa in a letter dated June 22, 2006, that he no longer wished to pursue a project with the prince. Michael lived at the royal palace in Bahrain, where a recording studio was built, after the famous 2005 Santa Barbara court case when he was acquitted of child-molestation charges at his Neverland ranch there.

Englehart assured the High Court that Michael was now cleared by his medical team to travel to Britain on Saturday and would be well enough to appear Monday afternoon for the court hearings and interrogation. “He will be available to give evidence to your lordship,” Englehart promised the judge.

Our former Fleet Street colleagues in Britain will be watching Michael’s appearance, and we’ll have that breaking news report for you right here on Monday.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs...ng-news-judge-orders-michael-jackson-appear-/

im not good at this court stuff, but if MJ sent The Prince a letter on June 22 of 2006 saying he changed his mind, then why is the Prince still sueing MJ?? :unsure: yeah im confused..

Back