November 18 News and Mentionings

This bit of the reports makes me laugh!

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_11012589

Michael Jackson may be too ill to travel

Al Khalifa felt betrayed when the pop star pulled out of the deal, Thanki said.

After Jackson left Bahrain, never to return, his publicist later called Al Khalifa to say Jackson no longer wanted any part of the contract. Thanki said.

Michael more than anyone knows you can't just get your publicist to ring up and tell a person that he (Michael) wants no part in a contract!
This whole case to me sounds like a bunch of sour grapes on Al Khalifa's part!

Ok, opeing this one back up for regular news... anymore trial news should go into the trial thread.

Thanks.

hi :waving: i just through i just help out bring news in o.k ;) :hug: one friend other friend to help ot that's what ppls friends do here ;)

website:http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Michael_Jackson_Too_Ill_For_Court_29314.html

Michael Jackson, Too Ill For Court

Michael Jackson is the eternal King of Pop. Five oh his records were worldwide best-sellers, namely “Off the Wall” in 1979, “Thriller” in 1982, “Bad” in 1987, “Dangerous” in 1991 and “HIStory” in 1995.

The African-American recording artist, entertainer and businessman went on stage at the early age of 11, with the group “The Jackson 5”, which consisted of 5 children of the Jackson family – Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael. La Toya, Randy and Janet were not a part of the Jackson Five. Fate, however, had big plans for Janet and Michael.

Michael Jackson is also notorious for several aspects of his personal life. For years, people have thought that Michael Jackson was bleaching his skin to become white, also having several rhynoplasties and other plastic surgery procedures, which left him looking more and more Caucasian. However, it later transpired that Michael Jackson suffers from both vitiligo and lupus, although the latter is in remission. The reason for his pale apparel is that the disease, the treatments and the make-up all contribute to a slight lightening of his skin tone. It was also suspected that he suffered from anorexia nervosa.

The singer was charged with child sexual abuse by a 13-year-old, whose father Evan Chandler, were friends. He was again charged by another boy on similar counts. Michael Jackson was, however, acquitted.

Recently, he was sued by the second son of the King of Bahrain for reneging on a music deal with the son. Apparently, Jackson promised to produce him an album, stage play and a candid autobiography. Jackson, however, claimed he was unable to attend the trial, having yet more medical issues – especially since the trial is held in London and Jackson has been deemed in no condition to travel by his physician, above all by plane.

here is website:http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_wire/wires.international/2c173836-www.wlos.com.shtml

Jackson, pleading illness, wants to stay in U.S.

LONDON (AP) -- An attorney for Michael Jackson says the singer might be too sick to go to London to testify in a lawsuit.

He's being sued by an Arab sheik who says Jackson owes him $7 million.

Jackson wants to give his testimony by video link from the United States. His lawyer says it would be "unwise for him to travel," but he wouldn't elaborate.

The sheik says Jackson reneged on a contract for an album, a candid autobiography and a stage play, after accepting millions of dollars in advance.

here is website:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1945702.ece

Michael Jackson's gold mind

MICHAEL JACKSON used a “mind-mapping guru” costing £175,000 to boost his flagging career, a court heard.
An Arab sheikh paid Brit motivational expert Tony Buzan for a week’s work — at £25,000 a session — while putting the star up in Bahrain.

Jackson, who suffers stage fright and has barely performed in years, needed “creative assistance” to honour a deal with Prince Abdulla Al-Khalif to produce two albums, a musical and a book, London’s High Court heard.

London-based Buzan, 65, gets students to draw colourful maps to boost memory, has written 95 books and helps children with learning problems.

The prince’s barrister, Bankim Thanki QC, said: “Mr Buzan didn’t come cheap as he is very much in demand.”

The sheikh, whose dad is king of Bahrain, is suing Jackson for £4.8million, claiming he funded his lavish lifestyle after Jackson was cleared of child abuse charges in 2005.

Jackson, who admitted he did not read the contract before signing, argues the payments were gifts.

The 50-year-old may be forced to appear in court after the sheikh’s team disputed a sick note claiming he is too scared to fly in from the US. The judge asked for reports.

The prince is due to give evidence today.

here is website:http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...ckson_over_music_contract/UPI-93141227047168/

Sheikh sues Jackson over music contract
LONDON, Nov. 18 (UPI) -- The King of Bahrain's son is suing U.S. pop star Michael Jackson for about $7 million in London's High Court for allegedly backing out of a business venture.

The BBC said Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa alleges he gave Jackson financial support as part of a pact that was to produce an album, including songs the royal wrote for and planned to record with Jackson, as well as an autobiography and a stage play.

However, Jackson contends he never signed an official agreement and insists the payments he received from the sheik were "gifts," claiming the royal's case is based on "mistake, misrepresentation and undue influence," the BBC said.

A request has been made to have Jackson testify from the United States via video link at some point during the scheduled 12-day hearing, the BBC said.

here is website:http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9373461

Jackson, pleading illness, wants to stay in U.S.

LONDON (AP) - An attorney for Michael Jackson says the singer might be too sick to go to London to testify in a lawsuit.

He's being sued by an Arab sheik who says Jackson owes him $7 million.

Jackson wants to give his testimony by video link from the United States. His lawyer says it would be "unwise for him to travel," but he wouldn't elaborate.

The sheik says Jackson reneged on a contract for an album, a candid autobiography and a stage play, after accepting millions of dollars in advance.

here is some news of NeverLand ;)

here is website:http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz....nd-ranch-sold-to-investment-firm-200811185494

Michael Jackson : *****’s Neverland Ranch sold to investment firm

Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch has been reportedly sold to an investment firm.

The troubled singer - who saved the 2,800-acre Californian estate from auction earlier this year after striking a deal with an investment company - has now officially passed the property deeds over to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC.

The company’s bosses will rename the property in a joint venture with the pop star, according to reports.

Santa Barbara public records confirm Michael is no longer the owner of the ranch, reports Contactmusic. According to Santa Barbara records, the title to Neverland was transferred on November 10.

The deal has fuelled reports Jackson has signed on to perform his own headlining show in the city.

The property will be renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch in effort to revamp its image, tinged by the negative press surrounding Jackson’s child molestation trial, which ended in his acquittal in 2005, according to website TMZ.com. (ANI)

here is weebsite:http://www.lsjournal.com/100/story/21000.html

I don't want to grow up
Community Christian to perform Peter Pan and Wendy

Flying children, fairies and sword fighting pirates will take over Lee’s Summit Community Christian School tomorrow night, as they present Doug Rand’s “Peter Pan and Wendy.”

The play is based on J.M. Barie’s play and novel of “Peter Pan,” about a boy who refuses to grow up.

“I was looking for a way for the high school to connect with the elementary school,” said Emily Stam, director and theater teacher at Lee’s Summit Community Christian School. “I didn’t pick the original play written by Barie that the novel is based on. I wanted to pick the most accessible play version of the story for our elementary students here at Lee’s Summit Community Christian School. I thought that Rand’s version of the play ‘Peter Pan and Wendy,’ would be a great way to do this.”

The night starts off in the Darling family’s nursery, as Mrs. Darling reads the story of “Cinderella” to the children, Wendy, John and Michael Peter likes to sit outside the window and collect stories. Soon after bedtime, Peter crashes through the Darling children’s nursery window trying to capture his shadow. Waking Wendy from her sleep, Peter learns that Wendy has many other bedtime stories to share with him and the lost boys who live in Neverland. Michael and John soon wake and convince Peter to take them all back to Neverland.

Peter takes them to Neverland where they try to save Tiger Lily, an Indian Princess, who is held captive by Captain Hook; have sword fights with pirates and fly around Neverland exploring the Mermaid Cove.

“We have a very creative production unlike other performances of ‘Peter Pan and Wendy,’” Stam said. “We ask the audience to use their imagination throughout the play.”

For the past five months, cast and crew have rehearsed every day during the week except for Wednesdays. This also included many Saturdays.

“The rehearsals were pretty intense,” Stam said. “It definitely has taken over the lives of these students, requiring a major time commitment on their part.”

“The process has been a lot of fun and a lot of work,” said sophomore Collin Ferguson, who plays Peter Pan. “I’ve learned more about the character since I started acting the role as Peter Pan. I thought I knew a lot about him before I tried out, but once I started the rehearsal process, I learned more about the character.”

Keeping true to the original play by Barie, Stam decided to use some of the original characters in the Lee’s Summit Community Christian School play. She cast freshman Taylor Carr as both Mrs. Darling and Captain Hook. Barrie’s intentions for the original play was that the actor who played Captain Hook also play Mrs. Darling.

“I found that doing both roles is challenging,” Carr said. “Hook is a man and he’s the meanest character in the play. The sword fighting scenes were also difficult to rehearse.”

“I’ve had so much fun preparing for the play,” said senior Kristen Withrow, who plays Nana, the dog and Cecco the pirate. “Our play is written for children and we had so much fun in the rehearsals. The play is about growing up and accepting our place in the adult world, while keeping our child-like joy. A few of us were attached to the story before we became involved in the play and so it’s meant a lot to us to be able to act in it. ”

Even though the cast was willing to talk about the play, there were some production secrets that they were not ready to share.

“We can’t tell how the flying is going to happen,” Ferguson said. “The audience is going to have to come and see how we fly.”

“Peter Pan and Wendy” will run Nov. 20-22 with curtain time at 7 p.m. There will also be a 2 p.m. matinee Nov. 22. Lee’s Summit Community Christian School is located at 1450 S.W. Jefferson St.

Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children 18 years and younger, and can be purchased at the secondary office located at 1500 S.W. Jefferson St. during the school hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate it how they tell us that hes sick but they dont tell us what hes got. dont they know his fans will get sick worried ?

Roxanne none of us NEED to know exactly what Mike's illness is.

i think ppl should leave news posting to the actual staff. you keep posting old news or tabloid stuff. i know u mean well but maybe you should leave the job to others.

Rockstar, don't post this tabloid dirt, please!

Thank you. No offense rockstar, I understand that you are trying to "help" but please let staff or members who know what they are doing, post the news. Please. A lot of the news that you posted are tabloids, old news and nonsense. Please, just stop posting news. Just reply to the news.

i know u mean well but maybe you should leave the job to others.

Exactly.

oh poor Michael!!! they never let him concentrate on his own music!!!!!!!
and yet they say why he doesnt make music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's disgusting!!! he cant trust anyone!!!! they alllllllllllllll want sth from him!!!!
I wanna slap this piece of prince or sth!!!

Back