Nintendo DSi/DS Lite/Original

moonwalker5885

Proud Member
I'm interested in buying a Nintendo DS Lite. What's your view about it?
Anyone know where I can buy it in brand new condition at a reasonable price in the UK? I quite like the look of the black and navy one. The brain training games look really cool.

Last edited:
Re: Nintendo DS Lite

ive got the black slim lite one and love it, especially the brain training.

I have one. My honest opinion about it is that I do like it, but for me finding a game that I would like to play has been difficult. The games that I've had I sold.

I absolutely love the NDS lite. Very cool, very fun.

My recommended games (including genre).....

Mario Kart DS (Racing)
Final Fantasy IV (RPG)
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Action Adventure)
New Super Mario Bros. (Platform)
Civilization Revolution (Strategy)
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (Simulation)
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (RPG)
Super Mario 64 DS (3D Platform)

Just heard about the new Nintendo DSi. I might wait for that. Similar, with new features.

I just bought a Mario Red DS Lite on monday, great even though I only have New Super Mario Bros (which I also reccomend) Nintendogs: Lab and Friends, and Personal Trainer Cooking (whicn is not a game but more like a cookbook with recipes from around the world)

I've head the Brain Age games are good although a bit short. I'd suggest going to gamespot.com and looking up games there.

The DSi has a few drawbacks: lack of a Gameboy Advance slot, shorter battery life and it's region locked.

The DSi has a few drawbacks: lack of a Gameboy Advance slot, shorter battery life and it's region locked.
And it doesn't support existing flash carts.

The only thing I can see that the DSi offers over DS lite is a webcam. And it doesn't really look much thinner and brighter to me.

awwwwwww anything wario cuz that shiizzz rawks...l loved thenew mario and of course mario kart...

Not long now before the release. Wonder if it will be in a range of colours like the DS Lite.

Last edited:

I love my DS lite, wouldn't be without it now!! I'm currently playing that Millionheir game :)

Here are some games

any Final Fantasy game
Dragonball Origins
New Super Mario Bros
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

I have the original-style DS and love it. I've always been a big fan of the Zelda games.

I'm thinking of trading my DS Lite in for a DSi, but I've been planning on buying a CyclosDS and that doesn't work on the DSi

I've got a DS Lite and I think it's a cool little trinket.
It's not the best of graphix (PSP is better in that way) but the touchscreen and the microphone makes it all worth it because it opens up to all new ways of experiencing a game.

The console itself is not so exspansive compaired to others, but the games comes in high prizes compaired to what they have to offer sometimes.

I can advertise the game "Animal Crossing: Wild Planet" and the "Rayman: Raving Rabbits" Games - they are really funny!

I love our DS-lite.

My favourite games include Sims and Sim city....

I love my ds.
When I was with my man he bought it for both of us and I just took over and then,when we broke up he said I could have it.

My favourite game is Nintendogs.
I love it so much its never out of my DS and Im the proud owner of 3 adorable puppies.

Also,what about the new DSI they are bringing out with a camera?

Last edited:

I have one got it 2 years ago as I was going on a long flight to the US and I needed something to keep my mind occupied as I liked the games I had on my mobile phone. It’s the best thing I ever bought and I must recommend a great game its called Animal Crossing. I have it and I never stop playing the game. I also like the Sims games and those puzzle games. I think you will find something you like and also there are game shops that swap or trade games so if you get one you don’t like you can swap or trade it for another one

Anyone brought the DSi yet? Any good? What's the camera, sound and graphics quality like?

The graphics and sound are the same.

+ It has a slightly bigger screen/s
+ The screens are brighter
+ It has two cameras and a memory card slot

- The battery is rubbish
- Can't play older Gameboy Advance games
- The cameras are rubbish

Verdict: I'd just get the DS not the DSi

What's Animal Crossing like? I've seen it advertised a fair bit, but not sure really what it's about, or what you do in the game? :)

The graphics and sound are the same.

+ It has a slightly bigger screen/s
+ The screens are brighter
+ It has two cameras and a memory card slot

- The battery is rubbish
- Can't play older Gameboy Advance games
- The cameras are rubbish

Verdict: I'd just get the DS not the DSi

How long does the battery last and how long does it take to recharge?
Is it true you can get a web browser on it? I would love to go on MJJCommunity on the DSi?

How long does the battery last and how long does it take to recharge?
Is it true you can get a web browser on it? I would love to go on MJJCommunity on the DSi?

Yes there is a web browser for it, but there is a web browser for the DS too!!

The battery on low light mode is 10 hours roughly, the original DS gets 19 hours.

yeah but are you happy about the fact the DSi is £70 more than a DS? :D

I know I will be getting good use out of it so I don't mind paying the extra. Toys R Us in the UK are doing the best deal. For £149 you get the console, the full accessory pack and 2 games. Total bargain I think. :clapping:

I know I will be getting good use out of it so I don't mind paying the extra. Toys R Us in the UK are doing the best deal. For £149 you get the console, the full accessory pack and 2 games. Total bargain I think. :clapping:

To be honest that is a bargin! I dunno though, I'd personally still save the £50 and get the DS but you gotta go with whatever you want :)

Back