Next album is ONLY Darkchild tracks?

DeeEmAych

Proud Member
i read somewhere on here that it's been said/reported that the next album of unreleased MJ songs is going to be a "Darkchild" productions only album (Rodney Jerkins production company)... if u have a link or somethin thatd be great..

but yea i think that is a FANTASTIC idea.. and i think there could very well be some truth to this since there were absolutely ZERO Darkchild tracks on "Michael"... like they're saving them all up.. cuz imo all the unreleased RJ produced tracks are awesome!!! Blue Gangsta, Escape, We've Had Enough (officially released, i kno), Can't Get Your Weight Off Me, even Slave To The Rhythm!!! hell they made songs for 3 years together, so we all know there must be at least another 10 tracks strictly from MJ and Darkchild together.. i feel like even tho Invincible may not have been Mike's BEST work in his career, i think RJ really "gets" the MJ sound and they worked well together.. YRMW, Whatever Happens, UNBREAKABLE (sooo needed a vid!) were amazing tracks!

he's been recorded on video interviews stating that he's currently been working on updating some of the tracks for future release, with Jackie Jackson (kinda weird right?)...

and then there's also the fact that Teddy Riley stated a few weeks back that the estate wants to do a duets album next..

so what will probably/hopefully happen do u guys think??

-Dal

I hope this is true! I loved Rodney's work with Michael and I think one producer for the whole album really adds to the flow and feel of it. Not sure about a duet with Jackie Jackson but Michael's unreleased material is now limited, it has to run out one day. So I'll take what I can get.

I like the idea of a duets album but not with Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber, I want Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross - people he knew and worked with before.

i read somewhere on here that it's been said/reported that the next album of unreleased MJ songs is going to be a "Darkchild" productions only album (Rodney Jerkins production company)... if u have a link or somethin thatd be great..

but yea i think that is a FANTASTIC idea.. and i think there could very well be some truth to this since there were absolutely ZERO Darkchild tracks on "Michael"... like they're saving them all up.. cuz imo all the unreleased RJ produced tracks are awesome!!! Blue Gangsta, Escape, We've Had Enough (officially released, i kno), Can't Get Your Weight Off Me, even Slave To The Rhythm!!! hell they made songs for 3 years together, so we all know there must be at least another 10 tracks strictly from MJ and Darkchild together.. i feel like even tho Invincible may not have been Mike's BEST work in his career, i think RJ really "gets" the MJ sound and they worked well together.. YRMW, Whatever Happens, UNBREAKABLE (sooo needed a vid!) were amazing tracks!

he's been recorded on video interviews stating that he's currently been working on updating some of the tracks for future release, with Jackie Jackson (kinda weird right?)...

and then there's also the fact that Teddy Riley stated a few weeks back that the estate wants to do a duets album next..

-Dal

Blue Gangsta is not Darkchild track, it's produced by Dr. Freeze (Break Of Dawn, A Place With No Name).
We don't know if Escape is Darkchild production.
Whatever Happens is produced by Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley, not Darkchild.

I can't say I am a big fan of Darkchild. "You Rock My World" is one of my two least favourite MJ songs (the other one is Can't Let Her Get Away). But whatever MJ music is coming, I'll be happy to get it :)

I hope this is true! I loved Rodney's work with Michael and I think one producer for the whole album really adds to the flow and feel of it. Not sure about a duet with Jackie Jackson but Michael's unreleased material is now limited, it has to run out one day. So I'll take what I can get.

I like the idea of a duets album but not with Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber, I want Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross - people he knew and worked with before.

well i didnt mean like a duet with Jackie (i dont think, at least) but i heard that Jackie is working with RJ on helping produce/picking songs that need to be updated for a new album..

still not exactly sure what Jackie's involvement would really be in a MJ album, but i do agree that having one producer for an entire album definitely positively adds to the whole flow of the album...

-Dal

I can't say I am a big fan of Darkchild. "You Rock My World" is one of my two least favourite MJ songs (the other one is Can't Let Her Get Away). But whatever MJ music is coming, I'll be happy to get it :)

ur least??? wow.. i mean YRMW isnt a huge life-changing song, but i think MJ and Rodney did such an amazing job at trying to capture the kind of production style of the classic MJ/Quincy Jones era.. if i think about it, it almost kinda sounds as tho Quincy did produce YRMW.. it just seems like such his style of music to me.. idk.. maybe its just me..

-Dal

I totally agree with you. I don't like YRMW one bit, i simply dislike the sound on it. I always skip this track. And Can't let her get away is by far the lesser track on Dangerous indeed, it keeps Dangerous from being a perfect album.

Sounds good to me. You Rock My World is one of my most favourite songs of all time.

A good idea, but please do not over produce the album like "MICHAEL" album...

I totally agree with you. I don't like YRMW one bit, i simply dislike the sound on it. I always skip this track. And Can't let her get away is by far the lesser track on Dangerous indeed, it keeps Dangerous from being a perfect album.

Here you can see the difference in taste. I think Can't Let Her Get Away is one of the most underrated songs on Dangerous. Im actually glad it never was released as a single orso,
that way the song kept his magic for me :)

Blue Gangsta is not Darkchild track, it's produced by Dr. Freeze (Break Of Dawn, A Place With No Name).
We don't know if Escape is Darkchild production.
Whatever Happens is produced by Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley, not Darkchild.

wow ok so i should've def known that "Whatever Happens" is a TR track and not RJ.. shame on me haha.. but i still liked most of RJ's work on Invinvible..

im pretty sure Escape is a RJ produced track.. i thought it was in the book "For The Record" and registered with the copyright office as being co-written by RJ and his team? i could be wrong tho.. wait.. isnt that RJ's voice on the track?? ("sometimes you just wanna escape...")

and how do we know that Blue Gangster is a Dr. Freeze track?

regardless.. a Darkchild only MJ abum would be great!!

-Dal

In my opinion, You Rock My World is amazing. It brought Michael into the 21st Century with a bang. It was a hit, non-fans loved it. A lot of fans complained but I loved it and I know I'm not the only one.

In my opinion, You Rock My World is amazing. It brought Michael into the 21st Century with a bang. It was a hit, non-fans loved it. A lot of fans complained but I loved it and I know I'm not the only one.

yea.. while i do LOVE this song, i didnt think it was the BEST choice for a "comeback" single.. it def deserved to be a single.. but i just think that maybe releasing this as the 2nd single (after Unbreakable) would've been perfect..

but whatever.. still a great track..

-Dal

Oh yeah I forgot about Unbreakable, it's my favourite from Invincible.

yup!

Unbreakable, YRMW, Butterflies and Whatever Happens are my top picks from Invincible...

-Dal

Same with me, although I'd replace Whatever Happens with Speechless, it's so pure, simple and effective.

i have always prefered teddy riley, but goodluck to dark child...rodney j right ?

My respect for Teddy Riley is gone after he said he thinks Michael is alive.

wow ok so i should've def known that "Whatever Happens" is a TR track and not RJ.. shame on me haha.. but i still liked most of RJ's work on Invinvible..

im pretty sure Escape is a RJ produced track.. i thought it was in the book "For The Record" and registered with the copyright office as being co-written by RJ and his team? i could be wrong tho.. wait.. isnt that RJ's voice on the track?? ("sometimes you just wanna escape...")

and how do we know that Blue Gangster is a Dr. Freeze track?

regardless.. a Darkchild only MJ abum would be great!!

-Dal

I agree with you, I would like to hear an new album produced by Darkchild. I love his work. My favourite tracks from Invincible are You Rock My World and Threatened (both produced by Darkchild), We've Had enough is another great song that he produced.

Other song produced by Darkchild are:
Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, Invincible & Privacy.
Slave to the Rhythm is also produced by Darkchild.

Don't know about Escape, In the book For The Record is not mentioned who produced that track, we just know that is written by Michael Jackson. It sounds like Darkchild production though.

Korgnex confirmed that Blue Gangsta is produced by Dr. Freeze.

i have always liked teddy rileys sound -from michael,s dangerous ...boby brown to wreaxs n-effext.(?)..come on someone help me out with that spellin . i dont kno much about the jerkins ...what was his first music project ? destinys child ? educate me, someone.

Last edited:
Wow dr.freeze did break of dawn? People don't realize the genius of that song. It's genius! The birds the mood, the nature, the power of the song to transport u into the love scenery, in the the break of dawn.

Wow dr.freeze did break of dawn? People don't realize the genius of that song. It's genius! The birds the mood, the nature, the power of the song to transport u into the love scenery, in the the break of dawn.

i loooove that song!!

while some thought it was a little weird that it was included on "Number Ones," i knew it was because MJ himself knew this song needed a bigger audience.. and it deserved to be a #1 song!

altho.. god dont hate me.. i NEVER liked the line "lets both go outside and play".. it just seemed like an odd lyric choice to me.. but i still think this song is amazing.. as is Heaven Can Wait!!!!

-Dal

I would be surpised to see Teddy Riley on any future MJ album.

Especially seeing as John Branca seems to dislike him so (according to Teddy himself).

I would be surpised to see Teddy Riley on any future MJ album.

Especially seeing as John Branca seems to dislike him so (according to Teddy himself).

McClain, not Branca..

My respect for Teddy Riley is gone after he said he thinks Michael is alive.

he didn't mean it literally...he got mad at fans insulting him on twitter and he got "off the wall".

He knows MJ is gone physical...

But i am still piss at him for saying that crap & giving the beLIEvers more ammunition.

-Dal

I agree with everything you've said. However, isn't Whatever Happens a Jackson-Riley song?

ur least??? wow.. i mean YRMW isnt a huge life-changing song, but i think MJ and Rodney did such an amazing job at trying to capture the kind of production style of the classic MJ/Quincy Jones era.. if i think about it, it almost kinda sounds as tho Quincy did produce YRMW.. it just seems like such his style of music to me.. idk.. maybe its just me..

-Dal

I agree. It certainly had that feel and was completely different from the other Jerkins' tracks, Unbreakable, Invincible and Heartbreaker.

-Dal

Here you can see the difference in taste. I think Can't Let Her Get Away is one of the most underrated songs on Dangerous. Im actually glad it never was released as a single orso,
that way the song kept his magic for me :)

that just shows that Michael has something for everybody :) whenever someone says "this is not one of my favorite songs" there are always 10 people who say they love that song and can't imagine their life without it. And I think it's amazing! Cause it shows that Michael speaks to everybody through his art, just through different songs :D

And I am not saying I don't like YRMW or CLHGA because Michael is 1000 per cent my performer and I love everything he does, everything. Even those two songs, even if I enjoy them a little less than the rest.

And now I feel like I've offended YRMW and CLHGA. :( I am sorry, songs, I love you too!

Back