News Said Justin E! News: Justin Timberlake Might Do 02 Shows, As A Tribute

Silentstar01

Proud Member
dont know if this is true or not.....I dont have a problem with justin but NO

I'll go find an article....

I say hell no. And if the promoters ask him to do the o2 tours, Michael Jackson fans should boycott and protest. That would be greed on the promoters part and Justin Timberlake trying to ride in on the tail end of Michael Jackson's death.

I hope it would be the biggest backlash is the history of entertainment....

It is impossible to fill in for Michael Jackson. Sorry, it can't be done.

The only person..persons I would accept doing the 02 shows in Michael's honor is the Jackson family themselves, and Lionel Richie. That's it.

I say hell no. And if the promoters ask him to do the o2 tours, Michael Jackson fans should boycott and protest. That would be greed on the promoters part and Justin Timberlake trying to ride in on the tail end of Michael Jackson's death.

I hope it would be the biggest backlash is the history of entertainment....

Why?

If you don't want to go, you'll be offered a refund. If you do want to go, you can enjoy a show. It's not about filling his shoes or greed, it's about trying to recoup an enormous amount of cash that was put into the shows and maybe allowing the fans who are going to go overseas or are already overseas a chance to see at least SOMETHING.

If you choose not to go, that's your right, but to say it should be boycotted and all that.... why? Should the BET awards not do a tribute since it will just be for a ratings boost?

I know that this is all rumor at this point, but I'd welcome replacement concerts, especially if they were done as tribute shows.

The Jackson Family doing the shows wouldn't be such a bad idea.
That's a nice idea...but I don't see how they could sing and dance so soon after this.
Michael...he has always been the energetic little brother who stole the show every single time. The most talented, the most loved, always on centre stage.
Damn this. No, I don't know if the Jacksons could bring themselves to perform.
This hurts like nothing else.

Why?

If you don't want to go, you'll be offered a refund. If you do want to go, you can enjoy a show. It's not about filling his shoes or greed, it's about trying to recoup an enormous amount of cash that was put into the shows and maybe allowing the fans who are going to go overseas or are already overseas a chance to see at least SOMETHING.

If you choose not to go, that's your right, but to say it should be boycotted and all that.... why? Should the BET awards not do a tribute since it will just be for a ratings boost?

I know that this is all rumor at this point, but I'd welcome replacement concerts, especially if they were done as tribute shows.

No I read on the AEG website that the fans can get a refund and there would be no concert. I thought by trying to take advantage of the timing would be heartless and for that reason fans should boycott if this is what is planned.

Yes BET should do a tribute. Michael did wonders for the network...

there will no longer be any 'the next king of pop' talk ever
that ish is over... Mike has been proclaimed the king of pop by every media outlet... they cannot take it back again ... sorry all yall but mike has finally earned the title for keeps :zformation: no taksey backsey

i don't want to see this idiot

i want Michael
:heart:

Michael is not the Self Proclaimed King Of Pop...he's not the King Of Pop whom was annoited by Liz Taylor..quite simply...

Michael for now....and for all time....will be the UNDISPUTED King Of Pop.

Rest in Peace Michael! See you in Heaven! :)

Michael is not the Self Proclaimed King Of Pop...he's not the King Of Pop whom was annoited by Liz Taylor..quite simply...

Michael for now....and for all time....will be the UNDISPUTED King Of Pop.

Rest in Peace Michael! See you in Heaven! :)

Well I don't hear SELF PROCLAIMED anymore. All the news and news papers are saying KING OF POP. Can you believe the media is now kissing his ass. They will soon say UNDISPUTED King of Pop.

I think JT is talented has a great bright career ahead of him, but doing this is not a good idea
I will send an email to TM and ask them not to refund me but to give my ticket price to charity or to a fund

there will no longer be any 'the next king of pop' talk ever
that ish is over... Mike has been proclaimed the king of pop by every media outlet... they cannot take it back again ... sorry all yall but mike has finally earned the title for keeps :zformation: no taksey backsey

Thanks Chi Chi! That lil icon make me giggle..Been crying all night and day. Needed a lil smile.

Yeah I have nothing against Justin but that would just be wrong. We did not plan on him at the O2.we wanted MJ. No one will be able to fill the shoes of MJ.

I'm happy with just going to the O2 and paying homage to MJ with my lil group from DC on the 16th :)

Geez, guys, it's a sign of respect. You may not want to see him, and that's fine, but there's absolutely no need to trash the guy.

Trust me the sharks are out!!! These no talented WANNA BE MICHAEL JACKSONS" will try to do anything to be the next KING OF POP!!.

They can try but, as Jamie Foxxx so aptly put it, "there will never be another Michael Jackson." Michael Jackson was the one. He was it.

Geez, guys, it's a sign of respect. You may not want to see him, and that's fine, but there's absolutely no need to trash the guy.

I have a lot of respect for Justin Timberlake but I can appreciate how the suggestion that he will be filling in for Michael could rub fans in mourning the wrong way.

well if he's doing a tribute to tribute that's fine (I wouldn't go) but if they trying to use him as a replacement type of thing. three words. COME ON NOW!

But either way anything at the o2 is gonna be straight up raw emotions and I think it would be ridiculous of aeg to push him (whether it business or not) or for him to push himself out there like that. For them or him to believe we would even want to see him is a slap in the face to the fans. I'm an indenial crying mess right now...and to put a two bit JT up there in place of michael is just wrong. Now if this is just a tribute i still wouldn't want to see him. Anything other then our sweetie is just out. Well imo

ok true and maybe the case but do they really think grieving fans would want to see JT at the O2 at this moment. Come on now! lets be real here.

Well I don't think it should only be Justin Timberlake doing the tribute show if there is one. Who made him the heir to Michael Jackson. It should also include Usher, Chris Brown, Beyonce, Brittney Spears.. and many others. That would be a tribute, not the Justin Timberlake show, because that would be what it ends up being.

that's straigh up bootychatter. y the hellw ould someone like jester be given this?

the one who didn't even acknowledge mj afte rhe was arrested? the one who smaped his little sister? hello?

this is aeg not wanting to give a refund. u bet ur ass the vip ticket holders won't be paying that much for his shit

that's straigh up bootychatter. y the hellw ould someone like jester be given this?

the one who didn't even acknowledge mj afte rhe was arrested? the one who smaped his little sister? hello?

this is aeg not wanting to give a refund. u bet ur ass the vip ticket holders won't be paying that much for his shit
That is the only reason why AEG would want to continue with the concert. So they don't have to give i've heard $85 million dollars back. It's all about money!!! AEG had no idea that Michael would pass. I heard that an insurance company will pay AEG some of the money and that the losses will be minimal. Dont' be taken Michael Jackson fans...

I respect JT as a performer as a matter of fact I have seen him live in the UK and I loved every second of it
He was amazing on stage..lively and full of energy just...just like MJ..

but the first would-have-been-this-is-it-show is just around the corner and as much I think JT can pull it off and be really good it is not the right time to have this going ahead

Music really died this week, going ahead with a tribute concert so soon is not a good idea - i think
it is just too soon, too quick...

THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS...

We can have several tribute concerts with many artists paying tribute... But JT as a solo I would hate!

Well I don't think it should only be Justin Timberlake doing the tribute show if there is one. Who made him the heir to Michael Jackson. It should also include Usher, Chris Brown, Beyonce, Brittney Spears.. and many others. That would be a tribute, not the Justin Timberlake show, because that would be what it ends up being.

That's actually what I read. That JT would take some of the dates and that other artists he inspired, like those you listed, would take some of the others. I'm sure there would be some collaborations as well.

There are people I question, who I think would and do use MJ's name for their own good and to get back on the map. JT doesn't fit that bill imo. He's always been respectful to Michael Jackson.

Is he as good? Obviously not, but then again nobody is and imo nobody ever will be.

Back