New Time Mag, Kenny Ortega Interview (touching)

There are literally new articles coming out every 10 minutes. Ever since late last week, it has been non stop! I don't know about you guys but I am loving this!

I don't know if you want it on film, but it's something I'll run through my head for the rest of my life. I was in his dressing room one night going over some artwork and Michael was behind me saying my name. At first very softly. Kenny, Kenny. I said, What are you doing? He said, I'm saying your name, am I saying it right? Michael is from Indiana and the way he said my name wasn't quite like anyone else. I guess the reason he questioned it was because I always smiled when he said it. I said, of course you're saying my name right, I love the way you say it. When you say my name it makes me smile. And he said, Good — when I say Kenny it means friend. He was a special man

:cry: So sweet.

I don't know if you want it on film, but it's something I'll run through my head for the rest of my life. I was in his dressing room one night going over some artwork and Michael was behind me saying my name. At first very softly. Kenny, Kenny. I said, What are you doing? He said, I'm saying your name, am I saying it right? Michael is from Indiana and the way he said my name wasn't quite like anyone else. I guess the reason he questioned it was because I always smiled when he said it. I said, of course you're saying my name right, I love the way you say it. When you say my name it makes me smile. And he said, Good — when I say Kenny it means friend. He was a special man

Awww :(
just when I thought that I couldn't miss him more :cry:
I really wish we could read about more stuff like that...

Is there a video of that? I never noticed his accent somehow.

:) It wasn't in a video, it was an article written a while back by a guy (basically a glorified errands boy lol) who was an assistant to Michael at the recording studio during the recording of the Dangerous album... MJ borrowed a pen from him and wrote a note saying 'I borrowed one ink pin' :lol: watch the 1984 Grammys when he says "Katharine Hepburn, a dear friend of mine" - most people pronounce it like 'frend' but when Michael says it it sounds more like 'frind' :lol: also in Michael speak, "concert" is "cuncert" and s's and d's disappear from words... "sometime" and "rock my worl'" and "chil'hoo'" :lol:

LOVE these interviews with Kenny. Interesting they brought up the number thing (111). I'm starting to dig it, too...in a good way. :) I like Kenny's take on it as well. And when you think about the number and it's alleged connotations (I've been reading up due to some personal coincidences) and the message Michael was planning to bring with the TII shows (taking care of the world and the planet), it's kinda eerie. Remember that message he gave about being ONE in consciousness,...etc.? In hindsight it's all rather interesting. Definitely a "Hmmm" moment.

As for the bit about Kenny's name.... :( Very touching and sweet. Michael was seriously one of a kind.

Thanks for posting the whole interview. Good stuff. Sad but comforting in a way. :flowers:

Last edited:
:) It wasn't in a video, it was an article written a while back by a guy (basically a glorified errands boy lol) who was an assistant to Michael at the recording studio during the recording of the Dangerous album... MJ borrowed a pen from him and wrote a note saying 'I borrowed one ink pin' :lol: watch the 1984 Grammys when he says "Katharine Hepburn, a dear friend of mine" - most people pronounce it like 'frend' but when Michael says it it sounds more like 'frind' :lol: also in Michael speak, "concert" is "cuncert" and s's and d's disappear from words... "sometime" and "rock my worl'" and "chil'hoo'" :lol:

awwwwwww!!!! that tongue must be loved!!!!!!!

I like Kenny!
He seems sincere and I respect anybody speaking about MJ is positive terms. He's not making him to be a saint but just trying to highlight what makes MJ special.
I trust that more than some others like KF................

Wow that was a beautiful article, thank you for posting!
I miss michael so much:(

:wub::clapping:

Aww man, talk about special! just makes me wanna cry again!

thank for posting , we need to hear more about MJ the human being , the artist and the father instead of the trash the media keep feeding the public.

I am glad MJ was surrounded by his kids, friends like Kenny & Liz Taylor, and not Joe & Latoya, in his final days.

After 12 years off stage, his creative juices must have been off the scale.

Being so talented is both a blessing & a curse. I can understand him being so pumped up...and not being able to sleep or rest.

Your mind going at 10000 miles an hour..not that I would know anything about this kind of mindset, but just from hearing Kenny and his other collaborators, i have a small idea.

thank you so much for this, i wish i could have met Michael at least once... now that will never happen... all i have now is the This Is it documental to see more of him beeing himself, Kenny is such a cool smart guy, God bless him

Thanks again for posting this, beautiful

This is such a nice, positive interview. Kenny is such a great guy.

Thanks for posting.

Back