Proud Member

Michael_Jackson_OffTheWall_UD1S_Cover_1200x.jpg

$125 dollars

Michael_Jackson_OffTheWall_UD1S_Cover_1200x.jpg

$125 dollars

Any idea when this will be available?

And also an SACD will be available...

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the one I posted. That's all the info there is, afaik.
But its enough info. January 2025. so there is time. I am sure that the Michael Jackson store will also sell it. And other stores. Maybe there is something like Off the Wall 45 coming, with CD and Vinyl also.

Ordered the CD and vinyl! I'm looking forward to hearing this get the MoFi treatment since OTW is arguably my favorite album by MJ. Depending on my mood that swaps between OTW, Thriller, and Bad but more often than not I do call this one my overall favorite. I know asking for a disc of unreleased songs/demos/alternate mixes is waaaaaay up and above the call of duty for the estate since they couldn't even handle a new special version of the biggest selling album of all time correctly, so I guess I'll have to settle for this. :LOL:

It's a shame the SACD is not in 5.1, but still, at this point this is probably the only MJ release I'll ever buy.

I know asking for a disc of unreleased songs/demos/alternate mixes is waaaaaay up and above the call of duty for the estate since they couldn't even handle a new special version of the biggest selling album of all time correctly, so I guess I'll have to settle for this. :LOL:
Settle?! Forget the "estate" - everything they release is shit. MoFi are the only people i trust with Michael's music.

The album is what's important. Forget how many filler songs they want to sell you, the sound quality of the actual album is the only thing that matters.

I will never rebuy any version of any album unless it sounds better than what I already own.

This is why the estate won't release anything new, because gullible people keep buying the same old stuff over and over and over again

I can’t wait for it. I don’t know why we have to wait so long though. And also, do you think that the sound quality will be affected? I heard that Girlfriends vocal sounds muffled in the leaked multitrack we have and maybe that is just a leak, but does anyone think that in some songs we might hear some ware or distortion?

I can’t wait for it. I don’t know why we have to wait so long though. And also, do you think that the sound quality will be affected? I heard that Girlfriends vocal sounds muffled in the leaked multitrack we have and maybe that is just a leak, but does anyone think that in some songs we might hear some ware or distortion?
The analog master tape will be converted to digital so it really depends on the state of the original masters but probably not

The source for this and the multitrack master are two completely different things.

This has nothing to do with the multitracks.

It's a shame the SACD is not in 5.1, but still, at this point this is probably the only MJ release I'll ever buy.

Settle?! Forget the "estate" - everything they release is shit. MoFi are the only people i trust with Michael's music.

The album is what's important. Forget how many filler songs they want to sell you, the sound quality of the actual album is the only thing that matters.

I will never rebuy any version of any album unless it sounds better than what I already own.
Oh I'm well aware of the magic of MoFi, I love the releases I have! I'm just saying that for example, I'm a big fan of Metallica. This is how they celebrate each of their albums with complete boxed sets. Here is what you get for their famous 1991 "Black Album".......

https://www.metallica.com/store/met...5pGkH0FWF3QL0d6Fqn57fSfSIPbgnQ2hoCmCgQAvD_BwE

BA-DLX-BOX-SET.jpg

For roughly $240. Now I know that I'm spoiled rotten as a Tallica fan and this is a rare example of an artist hitting it way out of the park, but my point is that for an artist like MJ, the extra features should be off the charts yet we are having to be content and happy with very little. I will say I'm much happier having an OTW MoFi release than none at all, but there should be SOME kind of supplemental stuff. Last time we got a friggin' piece of CHALK!!!! :LOL:

Back