New mj album at the end of the year?

8701girl

Proud Member
Country
Australia
An mj fan on twitter had said they got an email saying there will be a new mj album at the end of the year.....does anyone got info bout this?

Last edited:
Which fan on twitter? And an email from whom?

tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
:fear:

Tweets via this link. Very low chance this is true, but any info is nice to know.

* Apparently there's a new MJ album coming out at the end of the year?? My friend just got some promo stuff in at his record store.

* I have no other info about the album yet. Sorry guys. Waiting for my friend to respond to my message & I'll hopefully have a copy this week.

* I may have bombarded him with a lot of questions...

* @PentumMJ @PrinceMannix he didn't mention anything about Freddie Mercury. Just said it was an "unreleased album due to come out by xmas"

Tweets via this link. Very low chance this is true, but any info is nice to know.

* Apparently there's a new MJ album coming out at the end of the year?? My friend just got some promo stuff in at his record store.

* I have no other info about the album yet. Sorry guys. Waiting for my friend to respond to my message & I'll hopefully have a copy this week.

* I may have bombarded him with a lot of questions...

* @PentumMJ @PrinceMannix he didn't mention anything about Freddie Mercury. Just said it was an "unreleased album due to come out by xmas"

lol! XD

This is not news thus it's being moved to Michael mania.

Can we please ensure we post in the correct forums.

Queen songs are on Queen album which will be released around Christmas time. Why would they also be on an MJ album?

Where'd you read this ? I swear I read they were going to release the MJ and FM duets on a Queen album but I wasn't able to find the source a while after so I'd really like to find it again :p

The main source seems to be Brian May and William Orbit, as referenced in this article from USA Today (which does not specify a Queen album, however) http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...-freddie-mercury-duets-due-this-fall/2597835/

Yeah I've read that source quite a bit :) I just think I recall Brian May saying something about how they were doing an album. Along with these MJ duets they had been working on songs that had some of Freddie's vocals on it. Maybe the fact its hard to find though means he never actually said it...

In regards to the MJ project for this year, I don't think it's too long until we find out what :)

who knows, the estate could be keeping it under wraps to deny negativity within the fan community? Michael Prince and Brad Buxer been working on new song's, i think it could be relatively possible, and they could have been working extremely hard on a project, perfectly suited to fans (if it's true, please days in gloucesteshire!!!) place with no name, and more song's recorded from 2004-2009 :D here's hoping though.

Last edited:
Hopefully an announcement around his birthday time.

Hopefully an announcement around his birthday time.
I hope so too. Trying not to get too excited about it, seeing as that's usually met with disappointment... But it would be nice. I'd be happiest with some totally untouched unreleased songs/demos Michael made but didn't use for an album. Those who worked around him always said he made far more than he needed to, so it would be smart of the estate to release them as some kind of anniversary thing.

I feel like they should hold of a release of another major project until next year. this year MJ has been too oversaturated IMO with too much negative publicity. the trial, wade Robson, Paris, the FBI files story, Murray being released soon, etc. it has been a very 'busy' year when it comes to news and current affairs on MJ. I think they should wait until things die down a bit. just my personal opinion.

I feel like they should hold of a release of another major project until next year. this year MJ has been too oversaturated IMO with too much negative publicity. the trial, wade Robson, Paris, the FBI files story, Murray being released soon, etc. it has been a very 'busy' year when it comes to news and current affairs on MJ. I think they should wait until things die down a bit. just my personal opinion.

I actually believe new material within the fan community would help thing's
regarding the negativity that Is surrounding Michael's and his family's life. it would bring some positivity into everything, I'm all for a new album this Christmas, and I think many people would be also.

The Wade Robson case could go on for years.

The estate needs to put out another project by year's end if they don't want to risk shoehorning two into one year and oversaturating the market with Michael Jackson products. There really isn't anything truly holding the estate back from releasing a project: the story of the FBI files was quickly confirmed to be recycled media fodder; Paris is recovering, if not already recovered fully, and hasn't drawn much specific interest in some time; and the Wade Robson case surprisingly hasn't seen much coverage in the last few weeks. If it makes it to trial, it won't happen until next summer at the earliest. The only conflict is the AEG trial, as I don't consider Conrad Murray's release any conflict at all.

The estate needs to put out another project by year's end if they don't want to risk shoehorning two into one year and oversaturating the market with Michael Jackson products. There really isn't anything truly holding the estate back from releasing a project: the story of the FBI files was quickly confirmed to be recycled media fodder; Paris is recovering, if not already recovered fully, and hasn't drawn much specific interest in some time; and the Wade Robson case surprisingly hasn't seen much coverage in the last few weeks. If it makes it to trial, it won't happen until next summer at the earliest. The only conflict is the AEG trial, as I don't consider Conrad Murray's release any conflict at all.

Paris Has fully recovered :) and Conrad Mrray deserves life in jail, I'm disgusted he only got 2 years. it pains me to see the man who MURDERED AN ANGEL :cry: to be walking the streets, he's not fit to be around human live's. he should be kept under assylum for another year at least in my opinion. but let's get back on topic now, a new album would be extremely successful Michael conquers the music world, his music is for eternity, today's music for example Justin Bieber, One Direction etc. (other than Beyonce Knowles & Bruuno Mars) will go out of fashion and people's live's in two years if not sooner.

so if the estate don't release a new project this year they would have to release two next year??

^^ Not necessarily.

The March 2010 Sony contract details that the estate needs to produce ten projects by 2017, which is five years away. As of now, they've released five, leaving five left in the contract, or roughly one project a year. If the estate options not to issue a project this year, they'll need to a) come to some sort of agreement with Sony to skip that project entirely or b) release two in one year.

I don't agree. Positive or negative publicity, it's publicity. If the music is good enough and authentic, it will sell very well. The world is in need of new Michael Jackson music. If you think about it, we didn't have that much new songs, even on the 'Michael' album.

I dont think so

It could. Michael was charged with child abuse in November 2003 and the court case didn't begin until mid 2005. As I've said, we may not see any court showings until the fall of 2014 if not later. (Of course, this is assuming that the ludicrous allegations actually make it to criminal court, which they should NOT because there are absolutely no standing witnesses behind them.)

Back