New Line of Collectible Memorabilia to Feature the King of Pop, Michael Jackson

I hope they send lots of them to Blanket. He seems to love his action figures.

:)

...the thing about MJ is that even if Thriller and BJ were his *biggest*, everyone is still familiar with the other stuff. He was just that popular. Sure Thriller sold 100m+....but Invincible still sold 13m..and who out there is doing that today? I mean, c'mon, if I held up a Smooth Criminal doll, who in the world wouldn't be able to recognize the person and song? *Everything* he ever did was iconic. Srsly. And I'm not even really talking about dolls here, just about the general Thriller overkill. =/

Buuut I would like to see these dolls...
"Smooth Criminal"
"The Way You Make Me Feel"
"Black or White"
"Bad" (tour, silver)
"Rock With You"
"Remember the Time"
"In the Closet"
"Captain EO"
"Blood on the Dance Floor"

....and I would like that last one lifesized....(the braid, the braid!) :cheeky:

Last edited:
How could they release a new range of dolls without Thriller??
I have been doing my research and they are making more versions of these playmates dolls. Who knows what's coming next? No one is asking you to buy Thriller, buy the BJ one instead? Or wait until you know what the next versions are... you might just be surprised.
I for one, was not expecting a Billie Jean music video version, and I am pleased that they have made one.

"Die Hard" fans will not be the only target market for these dolls. How do you know that the "casual" fans of the Thriller era would not buy this?? Yes, its a collectable but it is a CHEAP collectable, so what is stopping them? If they like it, its in their price range, then they'll buy it, surely? Its not as if they have to part with £140+ like the Hot Toys collection.

And like I've just said, there is more to come within this range so we might see more versions using the BAD, Dangerous and History eras.

You might be able to afford Hot Toys dolls but there's probably thousands who cannot or would not part with that sort of money for an action figure, so these will be better for those fans who want an MJ action figure that is much more affordable.

I really think they're great.

I fully agree with your comments.

I love these! Since I don't have any right now I'll probably start with these two, AND I love the fact that they have the BJ from the video (that is very rare). I will also save my money and buy the HOT TOYS versions of all the versions. I esp. like the BAD/Dirty Diana version - it is perfection! And like you said you never know what they will come up with next - :yes:

I don't mind that they release things from the Thriller era but what i do hate is when they compleatly ignore everything else and only focus on the Thriller era. There's more to Michael Jackson than just Thriller.

Especially the outfit of Billie Jean looks very good but the face? Come on now..can the people who call the 'Hot Toys MJ figures' not that 'good looking' at least admit that the HT's look MUCH better and accurate? :)

I'm surprised they don't look total crap these from Playmates, stil..i am saving my dough for the Hot Toys Bad figure , no doubt.

I don't mind that they release things from the Thriller era but what i do hate is when they compleatly ignore everything else and only focus on the Thriller era. There's more to Michael Jackson than just Thriller.

Yeah, that's what I meant too. :yes:

Remember how we always see merchandise of Elvis Presley with the sideburns and the white suit...............That wasn't the only version of Elvis the world has ever seen!!!!!

So they decide to do the same with Michael.............always in the Thriller era!!!!!!!

It's their subtle way of telling the public (general idiots) that these people only had one success!!!!!!!!!..........But we know the truth!!!!!

OK people...
if you don't like them... don't buy them!!
I for one I'm excited about these...
Even though they could be much better...
If we don't support the line, we'll never see HiStory, Dangerous, or later eras!!

Remember how we always see merchandise of Elvis Presley with the sideburns and the white suit...............That wasn't the only version of Elvis the world has ever seen!!!!!

So they decide to do the same with Michael.............always in the Thriller era!!!!!!!

It's their subtle way of telling the public (general idiots) that these people only had one success!!!!!!!!!..........But we know the truth!!!!!

I agree but they can not compare someone of world-famous images (Bad, SC, BOW, RWY, Dangerous 1 & 2, DD, RTT etc) with someone who has two or three big iconic images.

I saw the figures on the first page and immediately thought Robot Chicken....I wish they didn't make the figures have that silly looking smile on it's face, that looks nothing like Michael's smile (The BJ One, Thriller's actually looks nice)....I'll still buy both though.

I saw an article about these dolls in the newspaper today.
They will be exclusively sold on tesco online in September at £29.97 each, then they will be on general sale a month later. Two new versions will be available by Christmas too, 'Beat It' and 'Moonwalk'. Do you think they mean MoonwalkER or do you think they mean the classic Billie Jean live performance look - black sequined jacket, fedora etc.?

I agree but they can not compare someone of world-famous images (Bad, SC, BOW, RWY, Dangerous 1 & 2, DD, RTT etc) with someone who has two or three big iconic images.

I agree 100%..........

But that'll not stop them from trying to make Michael seem inferior!!!!

However, the power of us MJ fans will mean that they will not succeed!!!!!!!

Just found this image of the Billie Jean doll with box;

DSCF5193.jpg

Oh man those are awesome. I'm glad they made the Billie Jean music video attire. As much of a fan I am of the glitter jacket Motown 25 look, that BJ music video outfit never gets enough attention.

Definitely gonna grab one of these, if not both of them. They did a pretty good job on his face for once.

to tell yas you can buy them now get them within two days order on line tesco direct.
put in search box michael jackson billie jean doll £29.97 cant wait woo hoo

Just found pictures of the new playmates dolls expected late April (I think!)

I think they're really sweet!

michael_jackson2.jpg

michael_jackson_0.jpg

Back