New Jackson Music for Release: Michael Jackson Unreleased Music

The 1972 Off The Wall bit could easily just be a mistake. They probably just had the year of Thriller and Off The Wall in their mind and got the two mixed up.

Sorry for posting such an inaccurate article. I was reading a few of them regarding this matter and this is the one I copied and pasted here but apparently it was the most 'mis quoted' one.

In any case, I think if the music is produced well it will be great. I would be happy to have anything released but they should release the material that is a 'demo' as that, and not do what they did to "This Is It" the song. I do like that song and Michael does it well, but I actually didn't like the idea they used the Jackson family as background singers.

Why would Tommy Mottola own distribution rights???

Good question. TM was bragging on LKL on the night of June 25th that there were "endless MJ songs in the vault". TM is out of Sony, why so interested to speak on MJ and his music? MJ didn't want his name on the Dangerous album. Apparently TM tried to have his way for royalty purposes, he wanted his cut from MJ and MJ wasn't having it. GM claims TM has mob connections during his 5 year battle with Sony. So how is he using those connections now or how did he then? Just a side note...GM's b-day is...June 25th.

It'll be great to hear this stuff, there's no doubt about it.

I'm especially interested in hearing the songs he wrote and produced solely by himself without any co-writers or producers. They're always the best ones.

I'd love the first release to be a 12 track album of the songs he recorded between 2006-2009 for this supposed new album.

It'll be great to hear this stuff, there's no doubt about it.

I'm especially interested in hearing the songs he wrote and produced solely by himself without any co-writers or producers. They're always the best ones.

I'd love the first release to be a 12 track album of the songs he recorded between 2006-2009 for this supposed new album.

I read somewhere that he did a lot of work on the new album or some new material but there was no recorded 'voice'...just music. He was working on something classical too? Interesting.

I read somewhere that he did a lot of work on the new album or some new material but there was no recorded 'voice'...just music. He was working on something classical too? Interesting.

Are you sure that wasn't referring to the classical album?

I wonder if the only completed unreleased songs from 2006-2009 was the material he recorded with Will.i.am and Akon???

Are you sure that wasn't referring to the classical album?

I wonder if the only completed unreleased songs from 2006-2009 was the material he recorded with Will.i.am and Akon???

I read somewhere that he was working on classical music. This may not have been correct but thats what I read. I also read that when some of the 'found' music was discovered, it was a lot of the 'music' but there were no vocals yet and were probably being written but not done yet.

I am also SURE Sony has at least a few completed but never released songs in the vault, as well as Motown.

Here is a link to the story about possible classical compositions by Michael and Mr. Frank. It doesn't look like there was a budget worked out for it yet, that was to be done when in London. I'd like to hear it, whatever was completed that is...who knows who has control over those decisions anymore though. McClain? Just hope whatever is done with the rest of his compositions be they pop, classical, dance etc...that someone respectable who actually knew Michael as a person and as an artist will handle it.
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/ent...c/2009/07/more_details_on_instrumental_a.html

Last edited:
I wonder if he recorded enough in the last few years to make a "convincing" new album. When I say "convincing" I mean an album that could pass as standing alongside Dangerous and History and Invincible as an individual piece of work, with it's own sound and style, as opposed to just a sloppy compilation of unreleased songs.

Are these even going to be "new" songs to us?

or are they going to be songs we have heard time and time again like Hot Street,Baby be mine demo,Slapstick ect.....

no akon? OH THANK GOD!!!

I AM SO HAPPY ^_^

There's a list of unreleased song titles, I think it came from the 1993 lawsuit where some dude accused MJ of plagiarism... and there are LOADS of songs that none of us have ever heard.

yeah, i remember little susie was one of them :)

With Branca & McClain behind it, I think it'll be as close to as to what Michael would've wanted it.

And if Michael's voice is on there, the magic is already there.

I hope so. I really want to hear unreleased or new music MJ was working on, but I want it to be up to standard and of quality. MJ was a perfectionist afterall and he was all about quality. I am really looking forward to hearing unreleased music, I just hope it will do MJ justice.

I hope it will be a true MJ album all the way.

If something like Dangerous is released I will die. Best album ever.

Oh god.. Mottola.. Sony.. NOT THEM AGAIN PLEASE!

I feel sorry for Akon too, Hold My Hand was really good and they could have made some great music together.

I just want more Michael music, there must be treasures there, i just wish Michael was alive to control all the stuff, but i mean... well, you know, i just want to hear all his stuff, all of it

Back