New Interview: Travis Payne: Choreographer with Michael Jackson 16 years Talks

ChrisYandek

Proud Member
Hey guys. Time flies. Hope you've been well. I wanted to share my in depth interview with veteran Jackson colleague and choreographer Travis Payne talking about some of the surprises that were planned for This Is It, his last time with Michael, Jackson's health in his last months and many other topics.

You can read the profile and listen to the entire interview below:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2011/02/...on-16-years-now-on-cbs-show-with-paula-abdul/

So Travis hasn't been called to testify just like, Karen Fay and Michael Bush. Humm!

Travis says: Michael was healthy and in control.

Ortega says: Michael was healthy and in control except for that one time he send him home because he wasn't feeling good.

Karen Fay says: Michael lost 15 pounds the last week alone and wasn't happy.

Michael Bush says: Michael was just skin and bones but promised not to tell.

Don't don't who to believe.:scratch:

So Travis hasn't been called to testify just like, Karen Fay and Michael Bush. Humm!

Ortega says: Michael was healthy and in control except for that one time he send him home because he wasn't feeling good.

Actually they are all telling the truth. Michael lost weight and told Bush not to tell. Even though he lost weight, he was healthy and able to perform generally. He may have been unhappy for some particular reasons that Karen does not know about? They are all giving their view on the situation and it seems all these different pieces can be woven together. Obviously Kenny and Travis did not see the weight as life threatening, and they were correct. Loss of weight did not kill Michael as we all know.

Also, as I said before the monitors on the computer in TII where they are showing Michael working on smooth criminal or Thriller shows the date. I was trying to remember the exact date because it was about 2 days before he died. It said 6 twenty something. I saw this on the big screen and I know others did as well. My point is he looked thin but happy and engaged, to me. If I had seen TII and not knew Michael died, I would not see anything amiss by his behavior and size.

^^^

Good point. I guess that's why they haven't been called to testify. The lawyers probably don't think the weight issue was relevant.

Although if Murray was giving a Propofol dosage according to Michael's weight when he got his first dosage (6 weeks prior according to Murray) and if Michael really lost 15 pounds that last week alone and incompetent Murray gave him the same amount as always, maybe that's why he O.D him. Then it's relevant.

Sorry off topic.

Last edited:

people also forgetting that as far as the criminal case goes Murray killed Michael with improper use of Propofol - so his weight is irrelevant, any conspiracy claim is irrelevant, Michael's feelings towards TII (and people involved) is irrelevant. As far as that case goes the most probable witnesses are the people that had contact with Murray and Kenny did.

Karen and M.Bush will be more appropriate as witnesses against AEG in KJ's lawsuit I guess.

Interesting discussion guys. Thanks for checking the interview out.

people also forgetting that as far as the criminal case goes Murray killed Michael with improper use of Propofol - so his weight is irrelevant, any conspiracy claim is irrelevant, Michael's feelings towards TII (and people involved) is irrelevant. As far as that case goes the most probable witnesses are the people that had contact with Murray and Kenny did.

Karen and M.Bush will be more appropriate as witnesses against AEG in KJ's lawsuit I guess.

I am with you on that one Ivy. The key factors here are not weight or happy vs sad Michael.

Michael Bush and Karen Faye should feel guilty. If Michael Bush saw Mike turn into skin and bones and didn't say a word he is just as guilty. He should've been very concerned or worried if his employer went to skin and bones in a two month time frame. As far as Travis Payne I don't know what to believe. He has worked with MJ before he had to know Mike wasn't looking to fit. Being a dancer he should've told Mike to beef up a little bit. He's a dancer too and he's not bone thin

Michael Bush and Karen Faye should feel guilty. If Michael Bush saw Mike turn into skin and bones and didn't say a word he is just as guilty. He should've been very concerned or worried if his employer went to skin and bones in a two month time frame. As far as Travis Payne I don't know what to believe. He has worked with MJ before he had to know Mike wasn't looking to fit. Being a dancer he should've told Mike to beef up a little bit. He's a dancer too and he's not bone thin

Don't forget Michael was not skin and bones, Travis has a different bone structure than Michael's, thinness did not kill Michael. Since thinness did not kill Michael, Bush and Travis have no need to feel guilty. I saw Michael looking thinner around Thriller and no one called his doctor or took him to the hospital. He was dancing and doing videos. To me Michael also has pictures during bad where he is as thin as in TII although people will disagree because no death occurred.

Michaels weight has been discussed before and someone mentioned that together with propofol you give ephedrine for the bloodpressure.Ephedrine is also taken by persons who want to lose weight and Murray probably gave to much of it.
I think Murray had to tell Michael about it , maybe that´s the reason that Murray started to give other drugs than propofol and maybe Michael started to gain weight again even if it was so little so you couldn´t see it.
I think Michael didn´t want them to think he couldn´t do the shows because he seemed to became to frail and skinny, when there was something he could fix.
Earthsong was the last song he did on 24th after hours of rehearsals and for me he didn´t seem tired.
we can also see thriller from 24th and I can´t see he was unhappy there.

I remembered from Raffles(?) interview with Travis Payne that Michael said he wanted lady Gaga to be one of many gueststars and she told after his death that he wanted her to open his shows.

Don't forget Michael was not skin and bones, Travis has a different bone structure than Michael's, thinness did not kill Michael. Since thinness did not kill Michael, Bush and Travis have no need to feel guilty. I saw Michael looking thinner around Thriller and no one called his doctor or took him to the hospital. He was dancing and doing videos. To me Michael also has pictures during bad where he is as thin as in TII although people will disagree because no death occurred.

Thank You. Michael was rail thin during the Thriller days and no one complained. People need to also realize that Michael was wearing "skinny jeans" in several of the TII scenes. When he was not wearing those, he pretty much looked as he did in the past. If he had not been murdered by Murray, weight wouldn't even be an issue. His weight did not kill him,Murray's negligence, incompetence and subsequent cover-up is what killed Michael.

Just to clear things up. I also agree that the weight wasn't an issue and without Murray in the picture Michael would still be alive.

It's just that knowing how incompetent and reckless Murray was and the fact that as far as I know, there was no mention of a medical scale (or was it?) being in the room, then, was Murray weighing Michael every night before dosing the drugs or did he just go by the weight Michael was at when Murray started treating him 6 weeks prior?

Therefore, if it's really true that Michael lost 15 pounds in the last week, IMO it would've made a difference on the dosage of all the drugs he was given.And that could be why stupid Murray O.D. his patient and not from a bad reaction like he's claiming.

Last edited:
Thank You. Michael was rail thin during the Thriller days and no one complained. People need to also realize that Michael was wearing "skinny jeans" in several of the TII scenes. When he was not wearing those, he pretty much looked as he did in the past. If he had not been murdered by Murray, weight wouldn't even be an issue. His weight did not kill him,Murray's negligence, incompetence and subsequent cover-up is what killed Michael.

Besides in the prelim hearings, it showed Michael's BMI (Body Mass Index) to be normal for his height anyways and yeah agreed, he looked rail thin in Thriller days and his weight wasn't considered an issue then.

Hi guys. For whatever reason, the audio was not fully uploaded. I am re uploading it now so you can hear the end with Travis talking about Michael. Sorry about that.

when MJ was arrested in 2005 Michael weight was119lbs. when he passed away his weight was 136 to 139lbs. read the the police report.

thriller.jpg

look how slim he is here

It's hard to know who to believe when you have people who were around him saying different things. I just keep going back to the autopsy. It said for someone Michael's age he was healthy and nothing majorly wrong. I don't know what to think anymore. I know he should still be here.

It's hard to know who to believe when you have people who were around him saying different things. I just keep going back to the autopsy. It said for someone Michael's age he was healthy and nothing majorly wrong. I don't know what to think anymore. I know he should still be here.

yes he should, and according to the DA Walgren he still should be here but he isn't because of the negligence and incompetency of Murray.

People will see things differently. That is part of human nature. We have scientific, unbiased information in the autopsy report. I believe we should trust that.

He was thin when he was youger and that's the difference. Weight looks different on you depending on your age. 120 pounds looked healthier on 20-30yr old MJ than it did on 40-50 yr old MJ. I'm not saying that he wasn't healthly because I think he was.
Also if you have ever noticed, MJ off tour is bigger than MJ on tour. N during this is it he was already slim and hadn't started touring yet.

Michael have always been thin. From he was in the Jacksons till the end. So this is for me a non-issue. Maybe sometimes he was too thin, but in the end it didn't look that way for me.

Therefore, if it's really true that Michael lost 15 pounds in the last week, IMO it would've made a difference on the dosage of all the drugs he was given.And that could be why stupid Murray O.D. his patient and not from a bad reaction like he's claiming.

See, this is what's confusing to me. When Lou Ferigno was interviewed, he said Michael weighed 136lbs, and this was in...I think he started training him in April-May? Then the autopsy report also says he weighed 136lbs., so where is the weight loss that these people are talking about?

Back