New album to have more then 16 tracks?

why do people always post topics as if there has been some kind of speculation or news piece regarding the album when it's just their opinion? And many of you KNOW you're doing it

I see him going the Dangerous route with 14. Considered how many tracks hes going through he could certainly do more but I'm pretty sure hes going with that many. I just have a gut instinct. The more he brings forth, the more gifts we receive from him.

I agree with you 100 % on that one. :yes: I'm probably a bit biased since Dangerous is my favourite album of all time, but 14 would be perfect in my opinion.

If he managed to include 13 smash hits, raging from pop and r&b to rock and soul, I'd still love it if he had one more quiet song towards the end without the huge 'hit'-potential such as the others. More like Gone Too Soon, Smile or even The Lady In My Life. It just helps to balance the album, giving a sence of a breath of fresh air towards the end. :)

i think 12-16 tracks and should do a 60min short film to go with 3-4 songs from the album somethin like moonwalker just to show he is back with a bang

100 songs.. biggest and best album of all time. It's probably his last so why not.

His last?

I don't think so. I think he will never stop making music, only the kind of music he will make will be very diferent. He IS music, he CAN'T stop. Maybe in future he will make more personal music, and then he won't care about hit potetial, he will make music he likes.

if only he do it with 100 it will be the second album of all time after thriller or maybe more imagine collection with 100 Michael's new song

10 songs plus a bouns track would be good. Like BAD had 10 tracks and Leave Me Alone was later added as a bonus track.

^^^ i wuld be pretty annoyed if he onli put 5 on his album after weve bin waitin for so long... but i kno wat u mean i dont really care how many i jus want a new album!!!!! ahhhh!!!! lol :p :)

Michael's inspirations

oops, this meant to be it's own thread

Last edited:
Actually this is a weird discussion!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This would be awesome (IMO)

The new album is like the Bad album where Michael writes 9 out of the 11 tracks all by himself but then the other two tracks are written by Rod Temperton.

Now that would be cool

Unless they are short songs, he can't fit more than 16 on a disc. Discs can only hold up to 80 minutes of music.

The only way we will get more than 16 songs on his new album, is if they are short songs, or he releases a double album.......(which I would love to have)

How about 15 new songs and a song from Invinicble. Like Heartbreaker. I want a video :(

Agreed.It's all about quality, not quantity.

Since when has Michael delivered a studio album without quality? This really baffles me.. from Thriller's short tracklisting.. to Dangerous and HIStory's long tracklisting, they are all flawless. I don't get the 'want' to have less tracks.. it is a fear that he won't deliver hits? Because that is laughable notion. Michael Jackson = Hits.

(Not a personal dig cinnamon, this response is for everyone who doubts he can create 16+ great songs.)

Invincible had a few tracks that did not have very good quality IMO. 2 many songs sounding too alike with one another.

He needs an album like Dangerous. That IMO would get him over big time.

He needs to have more songs than ever before in my opinion, on this new album...just to keep us occupied for a while lol. And the whole 11 to 13 song format is getting boring anyway, people need to switch it up and just make a crapload of really good songs (not just 20 fillers and 5 hits on an alblum lol).

We've been waiting for 8 years for a new album so the more tracks the better cuz who knows when or if we'll get anymore tracks from MJ apart from unreleased demos on future re-re-re-re-releases.

I prefer 15 songs on disc 1 and 5 songs on bonus disc 2. Michael will have to surprise all if he wants the album to be succesfull. By the way, I don't think he will ever release any album becouse sony sucks. For example comebyck in History style is 100% unreal.

I prefer 12 tracks (6 uptempo, 4 midtempo and 2 ballads) and then there could be some kind of quality bonus tracks as much as the disc can contain. Or the bonus track could be also data like TDCAU single had in the past. Data karaoke versions of all the tracks would be cool. Probably instrumental videos with lyrics and all the background vocals. :)

I'd LOVE to hear 16 PERFECT Michael songs, but if there is too many tracks I will end up disliking a few of them, like on Invincible and I think that kinda puts me off listening to the whole album.

I think 11/12 songs is the perfect number for him.

Back