New Album Timeline

Bumping this up with the news of a possible new album in August. Can a mod please delete all my posts here which say "Edit..."

Thanks Tom!

So excited about the possibility of hearing new stuff - especially from RedOne, easily the best producer in pop. Ne-Yo is a phenomenal talent too - his songwriting, performing and production skills are exceptional. I'm not gonna call him the new MJ but I'm so glad they worked together.

But for the new album supposedly coming out in August I'd like most of it to be Michael-written and produced. Preferable more 2006-9 stuff than 2001-3.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. A new album is great and all and I would love to hear it but at the same time I know its not the same. I just wish Michael was here to see what is happening and to promote new material.

Ne-Yo and MJ never made it to the studio, so anything Ne-Yo has is just his own work with some changes suggested by MJ. There will be no MJ vocal for that stuff.

I don't think Mike properly completed anything with TPain, RedOne, or Akon (other than HMH).

Will.i.am's music has the best chance of being complete, judging from what he has said since 2006, but he's not playing ball at the moment.

Apparently Hold My Hand will be on the new album. Like the song, but think it's a stupid move - we want as many new, brilliant, unheard songs, all produced and written by Michael, as possible.

we want as many new, brilliant, unheard songs, all produced and written by Michael, as possible.
sony want to drag it out for as long as possible so business wise they will use these songs as it leaves others to be released over the years to come. is akon on the sony label?

sony want to drag it out for as long as possible so business wise they will use these songs as it leaves others to be released over the years to come. is akon on the sony label?

Nope, Akon's got his own label (hence "Konvict Music" at the start of all his songs).

thanks so hmh been on any album is a decision by the estate

Update about the Ne-Yo music from the new album thread - MJ did record vocals!

"I have sources from Sony and the estate. Someone working closely with the deal. And the Ne-Yo tracks were composed by Ne-Yo, written and recorded by Michael. There are no Ne-Yo vocals, he was just simply writing the melodies."

Ne-Yo is an incredible performer and songwriter/producer (a modern day Mike if you will) and RedOne is exceptional.

Ne-Yo is an incredible performer and songwriter/producer (a modern day Mike if you will)

I wouldn't go that far. Although I did enjoy the songs he wrote for Janet on Discipline.

His solo work sucks balls though.

^^
In my opinion I'd say he's comparable to MJ - he's the closest we have at the moment. His songwriting is so varied and he's a great performer.

lol me neither! it doesn't sound like something Michael would choose AT ALL

Apparently Hold My Hand will be on the new album. Like the song, but think it's a stupid move - we want as many new, brilliant, unheard songs, all produced and written by Michael, as possible.

People keep saying this, but there are many, many fans of MJ who have not heard these songs! A lot of fans either do not have access to illegal downloads or do not want to engage in listening to illegal downloads or 'snippets' of unfinished songs.

It's a little selfish for a few fans to say "I don't want XXXX on the album because I have already heard it illegally". A lot of us haven't and would like to hear the complete, finished product.

C'mon, some friggin' will.i.am. I think he is untalented. Argh!

Hope we hear things Michael wanted to do, not the things Will wanted to do.

''Michael kept wanting to be "more incredible," meaning they only finished one song''

in other words, the songs he gave to Michael weren't good enough.

I'm very interessted in the Ne-Yo MJ collabo. Ne-Yo is knows how to use the right chords...

Do you know, if sony play there cards right and publisize it right, I think the upcoming album could be bigger than thriller !!!
us as fans and many others would be dieing to hear the songs and go crazy and other people would just be fond of his music would want to hear what the newer stuff is like, and even just music lovers. Basically I think no one would be able to resist wanting to hear what he worked on un until his passing. I will buy at least 2 copies :)

So Mike had an album already to go in 07 but changed his mind.

With the 1999 album done in the bag, not released by Sony, 07 album done, not released by MJ there must loads of recent songs for several albums.

Do you know, if sony play there cards right and publisize it right, I think the upcoming album could be bigger than thriller !!!
us as fans and many others would be dieing to hear the songs and go crazy and other people would just be fond of his music would want to hear what the newer stuff is like, and even just music lovers. Basically I think no one would be able to resist wanting to hear what he worked on un until his passing. I will buy at least 2 copies :)

Bigger than Thriller? Nothing will ever match that cultural phenomenon which led to groundbreaking short films and MTV playing a black artist for the first time ever.

It is unmatchable, especially in this digital age of MP3s and illegal downloads. Michael's not even here to promote it. No matter how amazing it is, and I'm not trying to be negative, I can assure you it won't beat Thriller, with over 100 million copies sold over decades - and ones when he was universally loved. Even Bad, Dangerous and HIStory sold weakly in comparision (but still very well).

The sales will be very good (even with such poor promotion, Invincible's sold about 10 million) and he is more popular now than he was for decades. This Is It (album) topped most charts worldwide with just one new song (and a demo at that). The film became the highest-grossing concert film ever. The popularity is there. But not at Thriller levels.

I L.O.V.E the invincible album and it saddens me that it didn't get the justice it deserved :( but yeah I think it will sell more :)

Ryan

what do you want to hear as first signel?
a place withno name/from the bottom of my heart
yeah i want to hear new music
not just a greast hists with 2 or 3 new songs
no new updates/romours
i know this much from SONYBMG persons
there will be 11 new albums comeout in the next few years
romour is the first ablum will come out in novermber 2010
and it will be called off the wall with a few unheard demos
but the beauiful soul of michael is better name for a album
we have waite and find out more in the next few weeks
im sure the new albums will sell

Back