Ne-Yo's New Tracks Get The Seal Of Approval From MJ

ya'll some haters lol

I actually like the song...and i think its way more of a MJ tribute than Closer.

It's stuff like this that makes me excited if MJ really is working with neyo.

I really like the "chch ahhh" in places. And i love the way he tries to imitate MJ's ebonics:lol: you know neyo don't normally sing like that...."can't nobod-dee cuht like her.." :lol:

and hell yeah it's a sexy song :lol:

Last edited:
the song sounds great...I love Ne-Yo'...I'm glad he's a fan of MJ

after hearing 'Nobody'

TOTALLY GAGING for the new album

it's gonna change the music scene on a new level

:)

I love Ne-Yo. Thanks for posting this.

Out of all of the MJ wannabes, Ne-Yo's is the closet one to MJ. IT is all love though. I cannot wait to get Ne-Yo's cd that is coming out in August.

and this Michael.... in such a clever way he just said how he feels about all his imitators ...not only about Ne-Yo.... read it carefully.....
that's the way he is

props for you, Mike!:D

Yep. MJ is anoyed by all those immitators ripping off his style and calling themselves the new KOP. They are trying to be Michael Jackson and he doesn't like it and why should he.:D

No no, I'm sure Michael got up, put tape on his fingers, and danced for hours to Ne-Yo's song. ;)
Is this comment directed at what I said about totally seeing MJ dancing to this song?

If so, I just want to mention that I think I didn't say that properly. What I meant was that in my mind's eye, I was visualizing MJ dancing while I was listening to the song. :D I wouldn't claim to know what MJ would or would not dance to. Btw, in my 'visualizations', he was doing a selection of moves from Billie Jean, Dangerous tour. Worked for me. :yes:

Just felt like clarifying. :)

And I'm very happy about MJ working with Ne-Yo too. :yes:

Last edited:
Re: Topic of The Day:Ne-Yo's New Tracks Get The Seal Of Approval From MJ

Sorry for the confusion folks this thread will not get closed again so please continue to discuss. Thank you!

Now the mods can't even agree on sh*t. What kind of board is this? :lol:

J/P ;)

Ok I just listened to the song.

And surprisingly enough...

I LOVE IT! :wild: :wild:

i dont really listen to neyo much, but to me he sounds like he's imitating mj .

I LOVE Ne-Yo and I really like the song and it does kind of have a little OTW MJ vibe to it and the breathy sounds he does reminds me of the Dangerous era. With this song and "Closer" I'll definitely be getting his album when it comes out.

And I love that Mike realizes that he has straight up swagger jackers out there and appreciates when someone is truly influenced by him.

Michael know's what's up. It's like he's calling out Chris Brown and Usher and all of those clowns by saying this. Ne-Yo is talented. He's a rip off artist, but he at least is creative and is able to write. While everyone else is ripping Michael's moves and fashion sense and singing style, Ne-Yo is ripping Michael's music style. But I'm more impressed with him then the others because to me he has legitimate talent. He's got a long way to go as a song writer, but his talent there is strong, stronger then his singing or dancing, but still, as an individual talent, stronger then Chris Brown as a dancer or singer, stronger then Usher as a dancer or singer, stronger then JT as a dancer or singer. He's the only one of the wanna be's who actually is legit, imo. And even though he isn't as good a dancer as Chris Brown, I like the way he dances better because he knows not to crowd it by doing to many steps at once. Something he learned from Michael as well, I'm sure.

Michael know's what up, like I said. He's just being nice to Ne-Yo, because he knows he's trying to be him too, but he also recongnizes that Ne-Yo is actually talented and has shown the ability to have his own sound on his albums. Unlike the others, who just seem to be assembley line pop acts taylor made to emulate MJJ. They've got NOTHING to offer which actually seperates them from one another or makes them stand out. Ne-Yo at least does.

Just to add, the vocal arrangmenet on this song sounds very much like a vocal arrangement from Michael.

Last edited:

Ne-Yo's New Tracks Get The Seal Of Approval From His First Love -- And Michael Jackson

By Jennifer Vineyard, with additional reporting by Tim Kash

"When Ne-Yo played the track for Jackson, with whom he's currently working..."
Imagine them working together... Man, the two of them could certainly put some really hot joints together! :wild: Maybe they're creating a really hot track right this minute! :clapping:

I hope MJ is just being kind. because the song didn't impress me in any sort of way....

Yep. MJ is anoyed by all those immitators ripping off his style and calling themselves the new KOP. They are trying to be Michael Jackson and he doesn't like it and why should he.:D

well, I was rather wanted to say that he's been saying that although he doesn't mind being imitated by all of them ..
the only one Ne-Yo hasn't lost the 'track'....it's all about great music

that's how I've read it........

I hope MJ is just being kind. because the song didn't impress me in any sort of way....

it's not about this particular song imo
it's about Ne-Yo's music that is highly inspired by MJ's

I like it ... The song is good but, still, is a very bad copy of MJ circa off the wall ... It also bothers me the fact the Ne-Yo impersonates MJ in every single video of his.

Last edited:
Back