Ne-Yo in O2 on 11.July 2009 - WTF?

Glanni

Proud Member
Country
Germany
What kind of organization is this again? How should this work? This is an official date for Ne-Yo`s show! tickets are already on sale... BUT WHY??

and.... HOW??????

http://www.theo2.co.uk/event/ne-yo-20090711.html

first they said Madonnas show (5. July) is too close to Michaels (8. July).

Now they changed the dates, but Ne-Yos show (11.July) is as close to Michaels (13. July) as Madonnas before the rescheduling!!!

And how could that happened before the reschedule? Did they plan to rebuilt MJs stage for ONE of Ne-Yos show??

Last edited:
this date for Neyo has been listed for ages i think so i guess they took this into account when they made the reshedule for the 13

ehm.. but tickets are still available for the neyo concert and you can still buy them without any problem... i see another BIIIIG problem...

Geez... this date is known and on sale since the press conference already... they will move Michael's shit in after James Taylor, which is the day after Madonna's show, then move it out before Ne-Yo and then move it back in... don't make it a bigger issue than it is!

you think they can remove neyos stage and build MJs stage AND rehearse within 2 days??? i thought the stage and the whole techniques will be SO spectacular and modern?? i doubt it... i really see the next problem. i already smell it...

@Foxy
Not really, they have 4 days of rehearsal at the O2 before Ne-Yo and then another day after Ne-Yo! With the original schedule they would have only had 1!

@Gianni
Sure they can... usually it takes only a couple of hours to remove the stage... James Taylor's stage will be removed in the night of the 6th and be gone by the morning... Michael's stage will be build on the 7th and done by evening, so they can rehearse that night and on the 8th until the 10th and during that night it get's removed so Ne-Yo's people can load in on the 11th in the morning... on the 12th in the morning Michael's stage gets built up again and they could have another run through in the evening... it's tight and not really economical, but certainly doable... and probably they even have space to store parts of Michael stage inside the O2, so that not everything has to be taken apart!

Last edited:
yes but only one day for MJs stage... lol.. this wont work. not with what they promissed the fans...

Ne-yo will most likely use Michael's stage. He is performing on the 19th of July as well remember so it's doubtful there will be any stage alterations!

ehm.. but tickets are still available for the neyo concert and you can still buy them without any problem... i see another BIIIIG problem...

No, it's actually a good thing, because then you can just buy a ticket for NeYo, then hide in there, and then you can get in and see the first MJ show for free...

:agree:??

they lied to US ALL!!
they said they need 5 extra days to set up staging and reharesals WTF!!!

what a JOKE if Ne-Yo was allowed to use MJs stage!!!! LOOOOL... oh dear...

Ne-yo will most likely use Michael's stage. He is performing on the 19th of July as well remember so it's doubtful there will be any stage alterations!
Ne-Yo certainly has his own stage... every tour has it's own stage!

you think they can remove neyos stage and build MJs stage AND rehearse within 2 days??? i thought the stage and the whole techniques will be SO spectacular and modern?? i doubt it... i really see the next problem. i already smell it...
See above! I've edited my original post! And I doubt that it will be SOO spectacular, that it can't be removed and built up again within a day! ;)

Woah some people here need a chill (no offense) but the o2 has a huge area behind the stage where MJ's can easily sit in the pieces it will be in when its originally taken to the venue, and the stage people can assemble it in a matter of hours.

E.g. Britney has a fair large in the round stage, and there is a Beyonce tour date right slam in the middle of Britney's mini-residency over the next 3 weeks at the o2, its easily done. I think people are getting a little worked up here.

hey... but wasnt THIS the reason for rescheduling?
No, the reason was, that with the original schedule, Madonna on the 4th and 5th, James Taylor on the 6th and Michael on the 8th, they wouldn't have had enough time to rehearse at the venue... stage would have been set in the evening of the 7th and the shows would have started on the 8th! It's not that hard to understand... of course, that doesn't excuse their poor planning in the first place, as that was known since the press conference!

Nothing new this thread should be closed.

Guys and girls, you don't seem to realise just how many people work on stage productions. It's a matter of hours that one stage in taken down and the next put up. People have got to stop worrying. Just feels like your doubting Michael!!! Michael WILL NOT LET US DOWN!

Yeaaah, people need to chiiillaaax. Isn't really anything new regarding Ne-yo concert, AND who said he has to use the same stage? Stages can be put together quickly if there is a huge team behind it, and I don't think it's the reason why they rescheduled. IF they need dang 5 days to rehearse in that arena, instead of the original ONE, then that is it. What may happen, happen things will work out. Like they have said, the Arena is sooo busy these upcoming months, it's really hard to moves shows, so they have to work around it, even if it includes a concert before MJ's. This topic is just making things heated.

Last edited:

It's the 18th when he's performing. I think the main reason the first four dates were postponed was Michael wanting dress rehearsals. I don't think ne-yo is going to be a problem.Complex stages can be built in 24 hrs.

So they will change the stage for ONE night just for Ne-Yo? LOL.

Of course they will... there is nothing to "LOL" about! The suggestion that Ne-Yo will use Michael's stage is the only "LOL"worthy thing! Artists, who go on tour, just don't use each others stages!

^^Well, playing 9 concerts in Great Britain qualifies it as a tour and considering he's playing venues the size of the O2 suggests that he is more than a "relatively "small" artist"! The venues he's playing don't have built in stages, so yes, I'm sure he has his own stage! ;)

The good thing about residencies is that you can have larger teams of people working on the stage, whereas with michaels previous tours you can only take a certain ammount of people arround the world with you, so the stage(s) would take longer to dissassemble/reassemble

Also dont forget michaels previous tours had 3/4 stages, so the workforce had to be split accordingly, it makes a big difference having everything in 1 place

^^Well, playing 9 concerts in Great Britain qualifies it as a tour and considering he's playing venues the size of the O2 suggests that he is more than a "relatively "small" artist"! The venues he's playing don't have built in stages, so yes, I'm sure he has his own stage! ;)

You know what I meant with "relatively small artist" - it ain't like he drive crowds like Metallica or those big boys.

I can understand that an artist like Beyonce that is touring around the world has her own custom made stage to all her spectacular stuff that is going on.

But hey, I'm not into events management and since you're so absolutely sure about it I'm gonna take your word for that they will put up Michaels entire stage before Ne-yo's concert to reherse, then tear the entire stage down again to put up Ne-yo's stage... and then put up Michael's stage again, and then tear down Michael's entire stage for the Ne-yo concert the 19'th, to put up Michael's stage again for the rest of the shows :)

Back