Ne-Yo again talks about MJ

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
With Gentlemen finished, he's now back to working on Michael Jackson's comeback album.

Ne-Yo says he met the superstar to discuss the project. "It was very exciting," he says. "Michael Jackson is one of the reasons why I sing. When we met he was really cool people. He was really regular people. Everyone expects Michael Jackson to be this weird guy and he's not. He had a regular suit on. There was nothing weird about him. We talked about music, where he wanted to go direction-wise, how we'd get the records to one another. It was a very calm, regular meeting."

The concept for the album is to try to turn the focus back on Michael Jackson musician rather than public freak.

"We're trying to get people to ignore the rumours about his personal life and get back to the reason why we loved Michael Jackson in the first place, the entertainment value," Ne-Yo says. "We want to get the music right. He's still dancing, doing his thing; it should be good."

Source: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24173707-5003421,00.html/MaxJax

wow..so michael jackson's a regular guy with a regular suit on..and he speaks the same english we do! crazy! :lol I was sooo happy to hear Michael is still doing his things..even though its all private I think Michael has always been about his music, dance and his art . Now share it with the world Michael..bring music back :)

"He's still dancing".. is it going to far to think that he may be working on music videos at the moment? lol.

"He's still dancing".. is it going to far to think that he may be working on music videos at the moment? lol.

Well Mike is known for dancing in the studio. Thats when people know he likes the track.

But there have been rumblings of his choreographer getting ready to do some stuff with MJ plus Bain had made statement a long while ago now that MJ was getting ready for some videos or something of that nature.

Real nice ne-yo. I'm surprised he didn't say "pedophile" while he was at it. :smilerolleyes:

I know right? I mean overall the comments were nice BUT the whole public freak comment? It made me cringe when I read it because it was unnecessary. It sticks out like a sore thumb lol It didn't fit the overall topic of what he was trying to say. Why public freak? he could have said "turn the focus off his personal life" which HE did allude to through out the whole paragraph. He should have just been consistent with "personal life" so I didn't quite get that crack...

It's not a crack, it's a fact of life that 'the public' thinks of him that way. That's what has been made of him for the last 15 years and that's what sticks in people's minds right now. There's basicly a whole generation that only knows 'Michael Jackson' as a tabloid persona.

So it's good that it's acknowledged and that there seems to be a drive to change that. Focus on music and dance.... I can't wait for that to happen actually.

I'm wondering if he just recently meet with Michael like, studio/meeting wise. anyway, I'm glad to hear about that dancing part :lol: all these lil tid-bits are givin me more and more reasons to be excited :wild:

It was only a couple of weeks ago that he said they haven’t been into the studio to record any material, so if Mike really wants him to start work on the new album it could mean that the album won’t be out until this time next year. Don’t forget, with Ne Yo’s album dropping in September he will have to get heavily involved with promoting that and won’t have too much time to devote to Mike’s album. They will have to do almost everything remotely if they are serious about working together on the new album, which would mean that it could take much longer to complete.
I think Ne Yo will be a great addition to the album, so it’s a good idea toget him involved, but it’s a disappointment to hear this news in a way because it confirms in my mind that we will be waiting another year. In the meantime, the stuff that has been worked on with Will.i.am and Akon (and possibly others) will be sitting in the vault, rapidly getting outdated as the music trend moves on. Will’s sound is doing well at the moment and so is Akon’s, but people will have moved onto something slightly different in a year or two and Mike will be left ‘wearing last year’s fashion’ on his album when it drops. Not a good ‘look’ for somebody who I like to believe is a leader not a follower – a belief that he already tried to destroy once with Invincible.

Well, what I picked up was that NeYo finally has met with Michael. At first he was saying that he hadn't met him yet. So this is a good thing. I prefer Neyo's sound over Akons. It is more Michaelish. But I really hope we get to see what John Legend can bring to the table.

I just want this album to be filled with beautiful melodies and Michael's Rock With You vocals and his tight harmonies. And album like this where Michael really showcases his wonderful vocals will certainly catch the ears of his massive core fan base and they will buy it. But I hope doesn't defiant too far from his legendary sound.

so only thing in the interview he hasnt said b4 is hes still dancing and doin his thing. other that thats its the same thing hes said in his other 47563298465 interviews lol.. mike forget neyo aint nobody got time 2 wait on him lol. if anythiing id prefer the-dream write a track fro mike

Last edited:
I know right? I mean overall the comments were nice BUT the whole public freak comment? It made me cringe when I read it because it was unnecessary. It sticks out like a sore thumb lol It didn't fit the overall topic of what he was trying to say. Why public freak? he could have said "turn the focus off his personal life" which HE did allude to through out the whole paragraph. He should have just been consistent with "personal life" so I didn't quite get that crack...

that comment was said by the author of the article, not Neyo. Neyo's comments are in quotations, that section of the article isn't.

Oh... I see. It wasn't quoted as Neyo saying that; it was just the journalists' own stupid A$$ insight. Heh heh... thanks Artie! :giggle:

guys don't be fooled by trashy journalism; Ne-Yo didn't say this, check the article again.
Thanks...

It's not a crack, it's a fact of life that 'the public' thinks of him that way. That's what has been made of him for the last 15 years and that's what sticks in people's minds right now. There's basicly a whole generation that only knows 'Michael Jackson' as a tabloid persona.

So it's good that it's acknowledged and that there seems to be a drive to change that. Focus on music and dance.... I can't wait for that to happen actually.

Now that someone clarified the comment.....

Read what I said, I know IF Neyo had exactly made that comment it wasn't intended to be negative and it wasn't. It just didn't go with the flow of the overall paragraph and it would have been unprofessional if he exactly made that comment.

We know Michael's image has been smeared of the last 20 years, why state the obvious? and even IF he was going to, he could have been more professional with his choice of words. Why "Public Freak"? He mention (which nothing was wrong with mentioning) "personal life" which alluded to public freak and every other name in the book, so he should have stayed consistent with that IF he wanted to bring up how the "public" sees Michael.

Its not that BIG a deal because he didn't exactly say it and even if he did, it still wouldn't have been, just unprofessional.

sounds the same to me, theonly difference is the still dancng bit. And if what Neyo says is true it doesn't seem that we will get a new album anytime soon

Last edited:
I honestly don't expect a new album until late 2009 or maybe even 2010... Michael seems really picky and with no record company pressuring him to release...its not unreasonable to assume that this album could still be another 1-2 years away. He started workin officially on the new album in November 2006...and the mentionings began even before that. We have literally had 2 years of mentionings of this new album...I believe a year from now we could be in the same boat. Atleast Akon's new album will be out sometime in October and Mike will get some airplay and recognition from that. If he was smart he would release his album within a few months after the Hold My Hand single to capitalize on that. Buuut...Mike likes to take his time.

My guess as to when the new album will be released: November 2009

Last edited:
^I agree.

Even though it's possible that it could come out this year, I don't imagine it will come out till late 2009, like you said.

Why public freak? he could have said "turn the focus off his personal life" which HE did allude to through out the whole paragraph. He should have just been consistent with "personal life" so I didn't quite get that crack...

Ne-Yo never said that Michael was a public freak that s what the "writer" of the article said. I think you read it wrong. The way I read the article, Ne-Yo never said that and Ne-yo has a lot of respect for Michael. Let me re-read the article again.

BTW, it is good that Ne-Yo finally met MJ in person. The things he said about Michael, like duh, Mike is not what this laughable media that never met the man say about him. Mike is like you and me but richer and famous. Go, Ne-Yo! And Mike is DANCING again? Yeah, baby! The king is getting ready for his return.

Ok, I read the article, look carefully:

The concept for the album is to try to turn the focus back on Michael Jackson musician rather than public freak.

Where are the quotation marks? Exactly my point, not there. So, Ne-Yo didn't say that nonsense. Sometimes, you have to read carefully what is being said.

Last edited:
Ne-Yo never said that Michael was a public freak that s what the "writer" of the article said. I think you read it wrong. The way I read the article, Ne-Yo never said that and Ne-yo has a lot of respect for Michael. Let me re-read the article again.

lol Like I said before and below, I've realized that now.

Its not that BIG a deal because he didn't exactly say it and even if he did, it still wouldn't have been, just unprofessional.

Last edited:
guys don't be fooled by trashy journalism; Ne-Yo didn't say this, check the article again.

:flowers:

BTW, it is good that Ne-Yo finally met MJ in person. The things he said about Michael, like duh, Mike is not what this laughable media that never met the man say about him. Mike is like you and me but richer and famous. Go, Ne-Yo! And Mike is DANCING again? Yeah, baby! The king is getting ready for his return.

Ok, I read the article, look carefully:

Where are the quotation marks? Exactly my point, not there. So, Ne-Yo didn't say that nonsense. Sometimes, you have to read carefully what is being said.

Good post. You gotta watch for the quotations...and even then, sometimes it can be total crap. lol

I just wanted to add that I believe Ne-Yo met MJ some time ago. He's mentioned meeting Michael before as well as speaking to MJ on the phone. What he last said (interview before this one) was that he hadn't been in the studio with Michael yet...that the majority of what they were doing "work-wise" was via phone and mp3s.

Thanks for posting the article. :flowers:

All some of you do is speculate and make assumptions off of information which doesn't actually tell us anything. It's so boring. Why don't you just wait and see what happens instead of stressing over Michael getting left with an "outdated sound". That's actually insulting to Michael's own input and part in his own album, as though he has no control over it's direction or sound. Michael's never sounded outdated because his music has never sounded like anybody's. And don't talk about "Invincible". The album isn't outdated, you just didn't like it.

Last edited:
Back