My final goodbye to michael at forest lawn, glendale

Ejacobs29

Proud Member
VISIT TO MICHAELS FINAL RESTING PLACE
At first thought I was conflicted about the decision to bury Michael Jackson's at forest lawn, Glendale. Being an MJ fan most of my life I was very sad that he would be buried in a place that he would be locked away from his fans for eternity. Knowing how MJ loved his fans and we loved him, I felt it was a bad choice. upon further consideration I realized that He need to be laid to rest in a place where his children could visit their father in peace and privacy. I needed to say goodbye and pay my respects to my idol. I wanted to be close to Michael for the last time. My close friend and I drove about 35 minutes to forest lawn. I was sad and apprehensive, not knowing what to expect. As we drove up the hill to the Great Mausoleum I was comforted by the peace and beauty of the cemetery. We drove thru the arches just as the Hurst had and park across from the Holly Mausoleum. (where Michael will spend eternity) To all his fans who will never be able to visit, please know he is buried in a special and stunning place. I sat on the stairs, "while you are not alone" played on my car stereo and cried. The mausoleum is locked and camera are stationed at the doors. I managed to talk to a security guard, who was very kind and he said Michael was in a small open room with a beautiful stain glass window above his on ground crypt. He told me the room was filled with an tremendous amount of flowers and it was very peaceful. I hope I don't get the guard in trouble. I spent about an hour reflecting, praying and saying goodbye. I felt close to him even though he was behind the locked doors. In my opinion now, I think Michael would be please that he was laid to rest at Forest Lawn. It is a beautiful and dignified place fit for the King Of Pop, Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-forever. I will love and miss you for the rest of my life. R.I.P

You can now see these photo's here on the thread. Pg. 4 I believe! Enjoy. Thanks Stacy!

WE WERE LUCKY TO GET OUT OF THERE WITH THESE PHOTO'S ,AS FOREST LAWN HAS A VERY STRICT NO PHOTO POLICY. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO POST THESE PIC. ON THE SITE AND COULD HELP ME I WOULD LOVE FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY THEM. IT GAVE ME COMFORT MAYBE IT WILL HELP OTHERS. THANK SO MUCH.

Last edited:
Beautiful post.
It's become one of those "things to do before you die" to me - to visit his final resting place.
My god, this is so sad...:(

You are so lucky. I love that Michael is not in an 'enclosed' space, and they didn't feel that they needed to cover him in concrete. Stained glass and flowers sounds like a perfect way to spend eternity...:cry:

thanks for sharing your story. Its nice that fans who try and get the courage to go to forest lawn and try and at leasy say good bye to michael share their experinces to help other fans cope. I hope i get to visit Michael someday and finally say the proper goodbye i feel I need to do.

Thank you for sharing the story with us!
I'd love to have chance like this to say my last goodbye to Michael :( but it's impossible now...
And could you please send the pictures to me too? dzegerowa@hotmail.com, thanks :)

Thanks for sharing.
I would also like to see the photos.

Last edited:
I would like to see the pictures too, thanks.
kumobox @ live.com

Thanks for sharing. I know that many would have liked to be there with you, so thanks again for sharing it with us.

:)

I would love to see the pictures :) x
popetextreme@yahoo.co.uk

you can post it on here by going to tinypic and copying the

Thank you for sharing this! It really made me cry thinking maybe I will never be able to visit his grave! I wrote you a message because I would love to see some pics! Thank you again!

Back