My Favourite this is it amateur audio's

Will You Be There was the BEST sounding song to me that I heard.. I litterally thought it was playback until he messed up the lyrics twice.. It was increadable!! Dirty Diana sounded good, he sang it a little closer to the recorded version than he did often Live on the BAD tour.. What I mean by that is he didnt do the super fast stuff like "just let me be".. he frazed it like the album, but you could tell him voice was a little deeper and raspier, brought a cool sound to it.. Dangerous was of course play back, it was different so I didnt know what was playing at first, started off with th Morphine sound, had the sound from Heartbreak Hotel in there too..

Umm what else am I forgetting!! He didnt perform every song every day, and I didnt hear the whole rehearsal but I heard several songs.. I know my audios are posted and up places online but I honestly don't remember where!! You Are Not Alone and Stranger In Moscow were rehearsed but I didnt hear it.. Other fans that fallowed him daily said they've heard it though!

I heard alot of Kenny Ortega directing and talking between songs.. I heard MJ comment on a few things but I didnt make out really what MJ said, I am not sure if he was directly in the mic at that point.. I think I was realllly close to the stage though, the same place you see in the video where you see people listening to the way you make me feel.. Thats where to stand to hear the clearest sound, and you can hear even the dance moves on the floor like stomping and screetching!!

Will You Be There was the BEST sounding song to me that I heard.. I litterally thought it was playback until he messed up the lyrics twice.. It was increadable!! Dirty Diana sounded good, he sang it a little closer to the recorded version than he did often Live on the BAD tour.. What I mean by that is he didnt do the super fast stuff like "just let me be".. he frazed it like the album, but you could tell him voice was a little deeper and raspier, brought a cool sound to it.. Dangerous was of course play back, it was different so I didnt know what was playing at first, started off with th Morphine sound, had the sound from Heartbreak Hotel in there too..

Umm what else am I forgetting!! He didnt perform every song every day, and I didnt hear the whole rehearsal but I heard several songs.. I know my audios are posted and up places online but I honestly don't remember where!! You Are Not Alone and Stranger In Moscow were rehearsed but I didnt hear it.. Other fans that fallowed him daily said they've heard it though!

I heard alot of Kenny Ortega directing and talking between songs.. I heard MJ comment on a few things but I didnt make out really what MJ said, I am not sure if he was directly in the mic at that point.. I think I was realllly close to the stage though, the same place you see in the video where you see people listening to the way you make me feel.. Thats where to stand to hear the clearest sound, and you can hear even the dance moves on the floor like stomping and screetching!!

sounds very interesting! I hope we see these rehearsed songs in the future, it'll be a crime not to release them. they should make 'Michael Jackson's This Is It: The Uncut 10th Anniversary Edition' with each song Michael was to perform at the London shows in there most evolutionized state. the exact Setlist, as close as we will ever get to the shows performed. The Estate needs to do this and I think it will be a treat that all fans will enjoy.

Did you hear Man in the Mirror or Billie Jean? Did they sound great? :)

their's footage of 'we are the world' being rehearsed by the vocalists and the band on June 24th on the 'This Is It' Blu-Ray. i believe it was in the 'staging the return' featurette, michael was watching with kenny! looks great and that'd be cool to see :)

sounds very interesting! I hope we see these rehearsed songs in the future, it'll be a crime not to release them. they should make 'Michael Jackson's This Is It: The Uncut 10th Anniversary Edition' with each song Michael was to perform at the London shows in there most evolutionized state. the exact Setlist, as close as we will ever get to the shows performed. The Estate needs to do this and I think it will be a treat that all fans will enjoy.

I think I read that during Murry's trial Sony stopped outtakes from the movie being used in the trial because they wanted to save it for 'anniversary editions.'
http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/11/micha...ad-murray-manslaughter-trial-sony-subpoenaed/

Michael Bearden responded to my tweet and told me Billie Jean was only rehearsed once since it was one of the easiest songs to sing and dance to and MJ just wanted to focus on the the more difficult ones like Jam and others with a lot of dance routines

Michael Bearden responded to my tweet and told me Billie Jean was only rehearsed once since it was one of the easiest songs to sing and dance to and MJ just wanted to focus on the the more difficult ones like Jam and others with a lot of dance routines

hmmm, interesting.. it doesn't look at all ready to be brought onto stage. especially with the lack of singing from Michael..

hmmm, interesting.. it doesn't look at all ready to be brought onto stage. especially with the lack of singing from Michael..

We don't know how much he sang because we can't hear it in the movie. I'm sure he didn't sing full out but I still want to hear it. :)

It would be great to see another performance of I Want You Back. I don't really understand why they chose that one for the movie. I want to hear Michael sing.

Last edited:
We don't know how much he sang because we can't hear it in the movie. I'm sure he didn't sing full out but I still want to hear it. :)

i know it was only a rehearsal but that's the worst rehearsal of billie jean that i've seen of Michael's. just saying. look at this for example.

i know it was only a rehearsal but that's the worst rehearsal of billie jean that i've seen of Michael's. just saying. look at this for example.

Maybe but we don't know how much he really sang. Maybe his singing wasn't perfect because they chose to dub it over for the movie but in the TV spot he sounds great:

I personally understand the performance because it was only a rehearsal.

Maybe but we don't know how much he really sang. Maybe his singing wasn't perfect because they chose to dub it over for the movie but in the TV spot he sounds great:

I personally understand the performance because it was only a rehearsal.

im sure his voice did sound great, and they could have turned up the vocal track instead of people dubbing. i don't think people would complain if he wasn't singing full out!

edit:
I NEED TO HEAR THIS RAW REHEARSAL. especially if his voice was like that throughout the whole performance!!!!

Since This Is It was being released to cinemas it made sense to overdub some things cause in rehearsals Michael doesn't sing all that much. Just look back at the Bad and Dangerous Tour rehearsals. In some songs he just sort of mumbles he lyrics here and there

Like this for example

For a cinema release something like this would have to be overdubbed

IT makes complete sense why they would dub This Is It documentary.. If Michael is not full out singing and was released as a documentary in theaters around the world - you have any idea what that would do? 1. get bad press about MJ not being able to sing 2. once the word goes out it would have minimized sales in a BIG way.. In the end of the day it was a FILM that was released for sales..

Michael said himself that he shouldnt be singing and he was warming up to the moment.. Like after he sang I Just Can't Stop Loving You completly live @ 5:53

That does not mean he was incapable for singing but the fact is that MJ was rebuilding his voice for touring capabilities.. he needed to make sure he was ready to perform live infront of an audience for 50 dates which he has not done for over a decade.. Singing a song or two for recording songs is much much different than concerts! It would be stupid for an artist to sing full out before a performance..

infact even when artists rehearse for a 1 time show like award show they don't perform the song fully vocally.. The go through the staging & sound staging, and vocal warm ups.. They do that split up.. There has been several artists that have F'd up there voice for an award show just cuz they over rehearsed there voice.. Michael was a Vet., he knew better.. You look at any rehearsal of his, he hardly ever full out sang a song.

I was suprised to hear what I did when i went to The Forum!! he sang live vocally Dirty Diana, Will You Be There, and other parts of songs.. I think This Is It (and what I heard myself) captures enough to know Michael could sing.. Human Nature on This is It was the best live vocal of Human Nature I think I've heard.. Probably because he wasnt out of breath from the previous performances but still.. And I Just Can't Stop Loving You!! Come on... you know that was awesome!!

OMG about Human Nature. I remember when This is It was coming out and some people said it wasn't Michael. It was a double or something like that. Then I saw a clip of Human Nature on cnn or something and I cried because I knew that was Michael when I heard him sing. I was emotional after his death. Anything we would me cry easy. Then I saw This is It and I loved when I saw it. Michael was saving his voice. That was a smart thing to do.

I was suprised to hear what I did when i went to The Forum!! he sang live vocally Dirty Diana, Will You Be There, and other parts of songs.. I think This Is It (and what I heard myself) captures enough to know Michael could sing.. Human Nature on This is It was the best live vocal of Human Nature I think I've heard.. Probably because he wasnt out of breath from the previous performances but still.. And I Just Can't Stop Loving You!! Come on... you know that was awesome!!

man i would die to hear dirty diana in 2009 live :D
are there any audio clips of that?
i remember some video clips on youtube where some1 stood near a door, recording the audio.
on the other side michael was singing dirty diana...

cant find them anymore.. any1 has an idea if those recordings were real ones? and where to get them? :D

man i would die to hear dirty diana in 2009 live :D
are there any audio clips of that?
i remember some video clips on youtube where some1 stood near a door, recording the audio.
on the other side michael was singing dirty diana...

cant find them anymore.. any1 has an idea if those recordings were real ones? and where to get them? :D

I have a few of those 'i think, don't know if they are real though.

my recording is real, I can only speak for that one.. but it is not very clear.. the camera was really not picking up the audio well where I was standing at the time...

Last edited:
as KOPV said, michael rehearsed every song he was going to perform at the london shows. and the band rehearsed 'we are the world' i would like to see each song rehearsed in full, in the future. hopefully in 2019 for this is it 10th anniversary! they left out like 8 song's. strong song's, and i hope we get 'Billie Jean' again, but this time with raw audio. please.

edit: just listened to those audio's, DAMNNNNNN MICHAEL'S VOICE SOUNDED SWEEET!!!!!!!!! I WANNA SEE EACH REHEARSAL WITH RAW AUDIO FOR REALLLLLLL!!!!

zakk

Last edited:
I found this one last month. Have no idea about it though. Not sure if it's yours or not lol.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e82p43g4dxgb9tt/mj+tii+-+13+-+dirty+diana+&+beat+it+-+amateur.3GP

Beat It sounds playback. I have longer version of that video and it has some other songs too like Billie Jean but it also has album version vocals. Maybe Michael wasn't at the rehearsals that night so they used them. Audio is not clear during Dirty Diana so it is hard to tell.

Beat It sounds playback. I have longer version of that video and it has some other songs too like Billie Jean but it also has album version vocals. Maybe Michael wasn't at the rehearsals that night so they used them. Audio is not clear during Dirty Diana so it is hard to tell.

Yeah, I have snippets of the billie jean and other songs to, and yeah, it has album vocals. Don't have it all in a full video though, just small videos.

Dangerous - playback
Billie Jean - playback until ad libs

Most others was live, I would have to listen to the audios again to remind myself for some others but ones for sure live..

Dirty Diana
Will You Be There
Heal The World (though I did not hear, this is what other fans said)
Wanna Be Startin' Something

I gotta listen to those audios again... photobucket took them down, so I need to make sure I still have them!! I know some are in my old email somewhere from my friend that was there with me.. He loaded them up on some photobucket type website. Well about half of them, and I had the other half.

I just hope one day these rehearsals see daylight but with raw footage and especially Billie Jean vocals from the spot he sounds electric

Part around 3:30 could be from Heal the World rehearsal:

it does look like 'heal the world' to me, i mean.. there is a clip in the bonus features where kenny says ''maybe even a little bit of Heal The World'' and it's on the same day as he performed MITM & Billie J. i just wanna see every song they left out from the movie/special features

Back