MTv: Vma's Nominations 2010

^^^^^^^^DuranDuran..........

So you expect us never to watch TV, listen to radio, go on the Internet or even read a Newspaper any more?????????

The crap of today's pop culture is forced upon us whether we like it or not..............

Rebelling against what's currently popular has always been popular. The amount of people who thought that Britney and boybands were garbage was NOT a small amount of people, and neither of those acts were musical geniuses or poets by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'll go ahead and say that Lady GaGa is more talented than Britney, even though I would rather listen to Britney's music if given the choice (probably in large part because I grew up in the era where she was at her peak in popularity).

No it hasnt.

Now its true its always been there but its no where near the degree it is today. There are kids and teenagers of this generation that dont listen to mainstream music let alone adults and that percentage is no where near how it was decades ago... Today, there are people digging for other types of music or listening to music of the past. Its alot more popular today because music is just terrible OF today. I mean seriously, nobody cares about grammys, MTV, BET as far as reliable music sources and good music etc.. Thats stricly just for promotion. Alot of teens and adults were not rebelling against the music in the 60's and 70's. That really started to become a little popular during the 80's 90's. However, its no where near the degree of how it is today. Even in the 90's it wasnt as nearly bad as it is now.

The crap of today's pop culture is forced upon us whether we like it or not..............

Agree. Even when you shun it away its still there lol because its apart of our culture. Our culture is a hungry celebrity pop society but I see more and more today alot of people arent really into the celebrity which is good because there are more important issues to be more focused on.

^^^^^^^^DuranDuran..........

So you expect us never to watch TV, listen to radio, go on the Internet or even read a Newspaper any more?????????

It's not forced on me because I don't pay attention to it. I don't listen to the radio or watch TV, and I don't gripe about what's popular, because I don't care and never have. I don't know what Lady GaGa sounds like. If she was standing beside me somewhere I wouldn't know, lol. I've always listened to music that hasn't recieved radio play. I've never heard Slim Harpo on the radio, but I know some of his music. It's doesn't make any sense to complain about something that you continue to listen to. Find something else to listen to, it's that simple. It's not the radio, TV, BET, or MTV's job to play music you like. It's their job to make money and the majority of the general public likes this music that you say is no good. It's good to them or they wouldn't keep buying it or stealing it by downloading it for free. Look at my threads, they're usually about obscure or forgotten about acts & music. I don't make threads saying something sucks, I put up stuff I like.

Back