Morphine Question - merged

Stargirl

Proud Member
Does Anyone else think that the song 'morphine' may be about Michael's own struggle with prescription drugs?

It seems so...and when he sings some of those parts it's just....well...very personal and heartbreaking to say the least.

just wondering, who else thinks he means himself for some of those lines or w/e ?

Re: Morphine Question

I think the song is 100% biographical. It's a killer track! One of my all time favs!

RS

Does Anyone else think that the song 'morphine' may be about Michael's own struggle with prescription drugs?

It seems so...and when he sings some of those parts it's just....well...very personal and heartbreaking to say the least.

just wondering, who else thinks he means himself for some of those lines or w/e ?

Absolutely...We almost LOST Mr.Jackson...

Check out: TRUTH OF JUSTICE Nothing is Black or White (c) 1994 - 2000

at myspace.com\sdeidjs in photo's

:angel:

yes definitly!!!!!

im sorta annoyed at the fact that not to long ago i started a thread saying how stromg mj is after going through those addictions, and they quickly shut it down =[

I think it's ok to discuss the song in relation to Michael however we just need to remember this was the past, no one but Michael knows the truth and not to bring it relevant or intrusive into Michael's health today :yes:

I think it's ok to discuss the song in relation to Michael however we just need to remember this was the past, no one but Michael knows the truth and not to bring it relevant or intrusive into Michael's health today :yes:

With no disrespect intended...

Are YOU sure about that..? The "TRUTH" does NOT lie..!

With no disrespect intended...

Are YOU sure about that..? The "TRUTH" does NOT lie..!

Yes, if the topic is closed it will be because members loose respect for Michael. There is no reason the lyrics can't be discussed.

Yes, if the topic is closed it will be because members loose respect for Michael. There is no reason the lyrics can't be discussed.

i dont mean to sound bitter but i dont understand why my topic was closed when it was concerning pretty much the same things as this! LOL

but whatever, i still go on the record and say that mj is such a strong man and i really look up to him!!!

Again, with no disrespect intended...I personally have worked way too long and way to hard to "ever" be disrepectful towards Mr.Jackson, his family, or friends.

We as a society tend to forget Mr.Jackson IS NOT perfect and IS certainly a "human being" just like the rest of us..

:angel:

i dont mean to sound bitter but i dont understand why my topic was closed when it was concerning pretty much the same things as this! LOL

but whatever, i still go on the record and say that mj is such a strong man and i really look up to him!!!

Hey hun, that thread was closed because someone implied that Michael was currently using drugs which is a violation of MJJC rules. Speaking about lyrics and interpreting them is a different story.

And since this is about music, this will be moved to MJ's Groove Theory.

yes...as with many things Michael.

anyway...it's a great song, and Quincy has said that MJ is smelly..he can find the gist of a song whether he experienced it or not. he's just that great a writer.

a biiiit off topic .... but i love it when he suddenly goes "eww!!!" loudly after being really calm for a while
:rofl:
it's too funny! and supremely cute :wub:

"I don't sing it if I don't mean it..!"

Michael Jackson

Despite what anyone wants to believe...at the end of the day...

"HIStory" and "Blood On the Dance Floor" is one of the most autobiographical Album/CD's of Mr.Jackson's trials, tribulations, thoughts, and feelings on who and what he is truly all about..!

:angel:psalm 37

"I don't sing it if I don't mean it..!"

Michael Jackson

"HIStory" and "Blood On the Dance Floor" is one of the most autobiographical Album/CD's of Mr.Jackson's trials, tribulations, thoughts, and feelings on who and what he is truly all about..!

in a song, he and quincy discussed that you can mean something, but it isn't necessarily interpreted as how we might expect. it can be metaphorical and still, Michael can mean it. Michael said that Billie Jean was initially about his brothers..and not him.

in a song, he and quincy discussed that you can mean something, but it isn't necessarily interpreted as how we might expect. it can be metaphorical and still, Michael can mean it. Michael said that Billie Jean was initially about his brothers..and not him.

Absolutely, there is no doubt about it..! In some instances that is what Artists do...

However, in THIS instance...

"HIStory" and "Blood On the Dance Floor" is one of the most "autobiographical" Album/CD's of Mr.Jackson's trials, tribulations, thoughts, and feelings on who and what he is truly all about..!"

Source:
Truth Of Justice Nothing Is Black or White (c) 1994 - 2000

myspace.com/sdeidjs in photos

Last edited:

The song is real. I love it a lot. The emotion he put into it is simply powerful. I believe it has something to do with his own experience. He is a songwriter and one of the good things about being a songwriter is you can make a song as YOUR song when you want to. Those type of (semi-)autobiographical songs are REAL and no one else can get close to the magic.

While playing it, I think about the pain he felt....:( and I don't know why some people think he's weak. He's a strong, strong man cuz he kept and keep goin despite all that he went through.

The song is real. I love it a lot. The emotion he put into it is simply powerful. I believe it has something to do with his own experience. He is a songwriter and one of the good things about being a songwriter is you can make a song as YOUR song when you want to. Those type of (semi-)autobiographical songs are REAL and no one else can get close to the magic.

While playing it, I think about the pain he felt....:( and I don't know why some people think he's weak. He's a strong, strong man cuz he kept and keep goin despite all that he went through.

I whole heartedly agree, Mr.Jackson was absolutely devastated by this whole heartbreaking "unjustly accused" nightmare...

SOMEONE IN THE DARK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GYsRC-7_S0 just HAD to "step up" to plate before it was too late and help him take the blinders off..!

:angel:I am "very proud" of him for "utilizing the tools he has"...to acheive their rules..!

:cheers:

Last edited:

If that is truly the case...

Then "HIStory" and "Blood On The Dance Floor" "autobiographical" Albums, CD's, Short Films were/are figments of the worlds imagination & were never created by Mr.Jackson..?

:angel:Knowledge Is Growth

Yes, but he did?

Okay I'm gonna say this once and be done with (bcuz I dun want the thread to be closed) > they were painkillers and he became dependent on them cuz of all the shit that was going on at that time with Chandler case and stuff.

Yes, but he did?

NOT for recreational purposes...BIG DIFFERENCE..!

If YOU were accused of the "1993 FALSE ALLEGATIONS" and the WHOLE WORLD were watching...

Would YOU react any differently..?

Please do not ever prejudge or judge another based solely on half truths, false accuations, innuendo's, rumors, and gossip..!

September 7, 1993

People of the World...

At a time when Mr.Jackson is being misjudged and ridiculed for an incident that has not been justified, I felt it was time to reveal the wide speard support he has endeavored since this nightmare began.

The MANY diverse people that I, as well as others have had conversation with about the recent allegations totally support his innocence. There are some that have doubt, but in their hearts they know the truth.

Let's take a moment and review the enormous risks one would be taking;

* Would one jeopardize their Pride, Stature, or Career..?
* Or risk loosing EVERYTHING one has truly earned..?

"I urge everyone to look beyond the negativity, do not assume or speculate a person's convictions until they are justified...

One day this could happen to you..!

Think About It"

"Truth Of Justice Nothing is Black or White" (c) 1993 - 2000

Susie Deeds
Author

Last edited:

Yes, I didn't even know Michael did drugs... thanks for letting me know.. I guess.

your welcome your lucky you aint been warned or banned for this thread im very surprised the hard core fans aint gone down that route they probably
still will if it carries on being open

id just learn a lesson and in future be careful what thread's you do related to michael Jacksons background id hate to see you the next one banned

^
Shannon has said we can discuss the lyrics of this song ... nothing against that. It's when you start bringing it up to the present with health concerns that it becomes a problem. THAT is against MJJC rules. Not discussing a song's lyrics.
Please, let's stay on topic.

It's Just lyrics to my knowledge. All I can say is that Michael was in alot of pain with his Back,Body and Head back then and sometimes the pain is so, that he might have over did it sometimes to releave the pain, Not abuse of using the painkillers. If he did over do this it's because of the pain and nothing else. I never knew Mike to smoke a Joint or sniff Coke and do any hard drugs. So some songs from Dangerous,History Disc II and 4 tracks from Blood on The Dancefloor is Biographical. I know he went through alot in the 90s. I heard That Demoral lyric and said OH MY !!!! But it also could be that he was sick and tired of the BS acusations around him SO He said You Give me Morphine to say to the person "You Make ME SICK " Or I was Tricked and Blinded.Sideswiped,Bamboozled,Ect... Well lets all hope and pray that he doesn't over do the painkillers and Just pray for him.

Back