more michael jackson albums to follow...

harribo

Proud Member
hello
firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong forum i couldnt work out which one to put it in.

i read an article a couple of months ago that detailed the new contract sony have; how they are going to bring out 11 'projects' in the next 7 years. Obviously, 'michael' was the first, but does anyone know any other information about these 'projects' ? i think that they are not just music because i read an article that said that michael had enough material for 3 albums. any ideas or information on what these might be? could we see the release of a concert? or just remixes and new greatest hits albums?

hello
firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong forum i couldnt work out which one to put it in.

i read an article a couple of months ago that detailed the new contract sony have; how they are going to bring out 11 'projects' in the next 7 years. Obviously, 'michael' was the first, but does anyone know any other information about these 'projects' ? i think that they are not just music because i read an article that said that michael had enough material for 3 albums. any ideas or information on what these might be? could we see the release of a concert? or just remixes and new greatest hits albums?

John Branca co-executor of the Estate confirmed some of these projects: Off The Wall Remake (similar to Thriller 25 with some outtakes and new remixes, Quincy Jones will work on this!), Cirque de Soleil soundtrack (with 2 new songs), Bad 25 Anniversary album with outtakes from Bad + Bad World Tour on DVD, Duet album (confirmed by Teddy Riley in an radio interview), 1-2 albums with all unreleased material (similar to MICHAEL with songs produced by Darkchild and other unreleased material, Cascio tracks)...

Also This Is It soundtrack, Vision boxset and MICHAEL are part of that deal with Sony.

I read recently Sony have plans for 10 albums between now and 2017.

If I can find the article again I'll post a link.

John Branca co-executor of the Estate confirmed some of these projects: Off The Wall Remake (similar to Thriller 25 with some outtakes and new remixes, Quincy Jones will work on this!), Cirque de Soleil soundtrack (with 2 new songs), Bad 25 Anniversary album with outtakes from Bad + Bad World Tour on DVD, Duet album (confirmed by Teddy Riley in an radio interview), 1-2 albums with all unreleased material (similar to MICHAEL with songs produced by Darkchild and other unreleased material, Cascio tracks)...

Also This Is It soundtrack, Vision boxset and MICHAEL are part of that deal with Sony.

Cool, these are already 10 releases.

1. TII soundtrack
2. Vision
3. Michael
4. Cirque de Soleil soundtrack
5. Off The Wall remake
6. Bad remake
7. Bad tour DVD
8. Duet album
9. Album with more unreleased songs
10. Album with more unreleased songs

Yes, 10 projects between now and 2017. This Is It and affiliated merchandise aren't part of the deal, that was a seperate agreement, or so I understand. I believe the first of the 10 was Michael Jackson's Vision. In which case:

-Michael Jackson's Vision
-Michael
-Off The Wall (30?)remaster
-Bad (25) remaster
-Bad Tour DVD
-Cirque Du Soleil soundtrack (may or may not be included depending on its relevance)

Have all been released/have been confirmed to be released soon. New albums of unreleased material are bound to materialise but I would guess that will be in a few years time. Also, seeing as the full version of Ghosts was omitted from Vision, I would expect a DVD/Blu-ray release of that.

Yes, 10 projects between now and 2017. This Is It and affiliated merchandise aren't part of the deal, that was a seperate agreement, or so I understand.

The TII soundtrack was part of the deal.

1. TII soundtrack
2. Vision
3. Michael
5. Off The Wall remake
6. Bad remake
7. Bad tour DVD
8. Duet album

Off the Wall reissue will come with a DVD documentary.

Off the Wall reissue will come with a DVD documentary.

Wow, sounds interesting. Do you know what the documentary will be about? The making of the album, the shooting of the videos or something else?

1. TII soundtrack
2. Vision
3. Michael
5. Off The Wall remake
6. Bad remake
7. Bad tour DVD
8. Duet album

Yes, that is probably it, but we can definitively expect more after 2017.

TII soundtrack was part of the deal, TII DVD not.

John Branca confirmed Off The Wall Remake for 3/4 of 2011, Cirque soundtrack for 4/4 of 2011 and Bad projects (CD + DVD) for 2012. Promotion for MICHAEL album will be through first half of 2011 so we can expect 3-4 more singles depending on chart performances!

John Branca confirmed Off The Wall Remake for 3/4 of 2011, Cirque soundtrack for 4/4 of 2011 and Bad projects (CD + DVD) for 2012. Promotion for MICHAEL album will be through first half of 2011 so we can expect 3-4 more singles depending on chart performances!

I wonder which outtakes they'll add.

Thank you for the information. But after reading Tom's post I see that we forgot Ghosts! I think it will be released on DVD (or Blu Ray) too?

Thank you for the information. But after reading Tom's post I see that we forgot Ghosts! I think it will be released on DVD (or Blu Ray) too?

I love Ghosts, I hope for DVD release!

I wonder which outtakes they'll add.

Me too, I'm happy to hear that Quincy will be working on that! So probably both critics and fans will love it! There are many outtakes from Off The Wall and much more from Bad!

As the BAD revival comes with the Bad Tour on DVD alongside it, do we think that the OTW release will give us a Destiny or Triumph live DVD? I would love that. After all, on the 2nd leg of the Destiny World Tour, they played several Off The Wall tracks.

They should totally do that :)

So how many more albums of unreleased material are we expecting? 3-5?
In the beginning they said they were planning on releasing 10...

So how many more albums of unreleased material are we expecting? 3-5?
In the beginning they said they were planning on releasing 10...

10 projects, NOT albums! The plan is 3 albums with all "new" unreleased material. So after MICHAEL we can expect 2 more albums.

What about the DVD to the Victory Tour - nobody seems to be talking about that one. Surely it's one of the most rarest tours, 'cause it was never ever shown on TV I believe.

What about the DVD to the Victory Tour - nobody seems to be talking about that one. Surely it's one of the most rarest tours, 'cause it was never ever shown on TV I believe.

Of course that we all want Victory Tour on DVD and Ghosts DVD and much more but these are projects that we will probably get:

1. TII soundtrack
2. Vision
3. Michael
5. Off The Wall remake
6. Bad remake
7. Bad tour DVD
8. Duet album

Some of them are already released and some are confirmed by various sources.

i think Sony meant that 3 albums worth of new material, right? because from what we've seen in the media already (Latoya snatches laptop with 100 songs, 100 songs left in will, and 273 Mj songs in legal limbo) there is a TON of old unreleased material!

i think Sony meant that 3 albums worth of new material, right? because from what we've seen in the media already (Latoya snatches laptop with 100 songs, 100 songs left in will, and 273 Mj songs in legal limbo) there is a TON of old unreleased material!

Yes, that is true.. they will release only material that is "worth releasing" and many other tracks will remain unreleased. I don't believe in that tabloid stories about Latoya and others, because all Michael's songs were locked in his own vault and some were locked in Sony's vaults!

this all sounds good but i am wondering where everybody is getting this info

Yes. Here's a source for this info:

Under the contract, which guarantees the estate between $200 million and $250 million, Sony will issue 10 releases of Jackson's music through 2017, with the double-CD "This Is It" soundtrack counting as the first of these. Already in the pipeline is the planned November release of a collection of previously unreleased tracks and a 2011 reissue of Jackson's seminal 1979 Epic album, "Off the Wall."

Source: Reuters, http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62J01S20100320

Yes, that is true.. they will release only material that is "worth releasing" and many other tracks will remain unreleased. I don't believe in that tabloid stories about Latoya and others, because all Michael's songs were locked in his own vault and some were locked in Sony's vaults!

really? :bugeyed
any source for that? For if Michael DID keep any of his new material in Sony's vaults, then that would be the best way to accept he was indeed working for a new release with Sony soon.

I'm not quite sure of how I feel at the thought of getting an album full of duets with Michael. The only way this would be acceptable would be if it was duets with people Michael himself wanted to do records with or even did records together with in the past, eg. Diana, Stevie, Janet, Lionel, ... But I guess this older generation of performers wouldn't be profitable enough for the record buying public from today, so I bet they'll do duets with today's stars and who knows how this may turn out.

Does anyone know of a similar project?

The only one I know of was Luciano Pavarotti and Frank Sinatra doing My way together, which actually turned out to be great.

My biggest fear is getting remixes a la T25 and frankly I believe we could all live without that.

really? :bugeyed
any source for that? For if Michael DID keep any of his new material in Sony's vaults, then that would be the best way to accept he was indeed working for a new release with Sony soon.

Not new material after Invincible but outtakes from previous releases (1991-2001).

Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sItXxlQEmMs

But, remember this was before March 2010 when The Estete sign the new publishing deal with Sony worth 250 mil.

Back