Monday, March 16, 2009

MsSnoop

Proud Member
roses.jpg

Michael Jackson Plots 'Comeback' Track, Solicits Ne Yo and Will.I.Am

By Njai Joszor

With 50 sold out shows in London, renewed 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson is ready to give fans the best show possible and a new hit record.

According to U.K. based reports, Jackson is rumored to have pulled aside recent Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Ne-Yo and Black Eyed Peas member Will.I.Am for a potential recording.

Jackson, who released a special edition disc celebrating the release of "Thriller" last year, is said to be looking for a major hit. In fact, Britain's News of the World says Kanye West has even submitted a track for review.

Michael Jackson's much-anticipated "This Is It" concert series at London's O2 Arena will kick off in July.

Tickets for the several week long stint sold out within hours of being released Friday.
http://www.singersroom.com/news/345...back-Track-Solicits-Ne-Yo-and-WillIAm-For-Hit

Michael Jackson dates expand and sell out

It looks like Michael Jackson wasn’t kidding when he named his last album “Invincible.” Despite some of the worst press any star could be expected to endure and still have a career, the 50-year-old singer has sold an estimated million tickets for his upcoming shows at London’s O2 Arena. It took around five hours for the concerts to sell out via an overwhelmed website. In a matter of days, the performances, which begin Jul. 8 and stretch into early 2010, went from an incredible ten shows to a dizzying 49 dates. It’s hard to call it a comeback, given Jackson never retired or shrank from public view. But, if it happens, it will be a spectacular return to performing.

aj(2).jpg

http://www.examiner.com/x-1465-Music-Examiner~y2009m3d14-Michael-Jackson-dates-expand-and-sell-out

Jackson set to release new music

METRO NEWS SERVICES

Michael Jackson is set to thrill fans eagerly awaiting his comeback concerts by releasing new music before making his return to the stage, femalefirst.co.uk reports.

The Thriller star has announced plans to end his career hiatus with a series of live shows — dubbed This Is It — at London’s O2 Arena in July.

At a press conference last week, the King Of Pop told the press he would be “performing songs the fans wanna hear” at his upcoming residency.

But the star may have to clear room on his concert setlist for new material — he is headed into the studio to record more music.

Michael Jackson auction can move forward, for now

The Associated Press

if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } LOS ANGELES—Plans to auction off more than 2,000 of Michael Jackson's personal items can move forward—for now.

Attorneys for MJJ Productions, which sued an auction house last week claiming it had no right to sell Jackson's possessions, has filed documents in court allowing auction plans to proceed until April 3, when the original lawsuit is set to be heard.

Attorneys for Julien's Auction House and founder Darren Julien jointly filed the document Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. "They've agreed for us to continue to promote the exhibit and auction," said Julien, adding that he "hopes and expects" that Jackson's team will honor their original contract and allow the auction to be held April 21 as scheduled.

happy2.jpg

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

'BUCKETS AND TAP SHOES'
March 26-29; Music Box Theatre, 1407 Nicollet Ave.
$16-$20; musicboxtheatre.org

There's no way Buckets and Tap Shoes won't get you moving. I promise it.​

You've probably seen these guys before. They started banging on buckets on the streets of Downtown, moved on to playing outside of our sports stadiums after games and garnered a platitude of fans at the Fringe Festival. From there, they moved on to sold-out performances in New York City, headlined at an international dance festival in Colorado and taught their methods at the Link Vostok Dance Festival in Yaroslavl, Russia.​

They're clearly not just any kind of street performers.​

The centerpiece of the group are brothers Rick and Andy Ausland, who you'll see squat and bang on buckets one moment, then get up and tap dance the next. They also flip, twirl, jump and lean a la Michael Jackson.

Not too shabby.​

Their upcoming four-day, five-performance stand is their first theater appearance in Minneapolis since 2007. It's billed as a family-friendly, all-new show. Apparently, there will be banging on drums from around the world, on 7-foot wooden poles and on 5-gallon buckets, as well as magic.​

When the New York Times says someone's "utterly brilliant," who are we to question them?​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - Janet Jackson received the Starlight Foundation of Southern California's Humanitarian Of The Year Award for 1990.

1992 - Michael Jackson's single "Remember The Time" was certified Gold.

2002 – Liza Minnelli takes her fourth trip down the aisle when she marries promoter David Gest in New York. Michael Jackson serves as best man and Elizabeth Taylor is matron of honor.

2006 - A statement was released by Michael Jackson's spokesman that stated "It is public knowledge that Mr. Jackson currently resides in the Middle Eastern country of Bahrain. He therefore decided to close his house and reduce his work force." The statement was released due to stories that Neverland Ranch had been shutdown. It had also been reported that at least 30 employees at the ranch had not been paid since December 2005.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/mar/16/nancy-grace-plays-tribute-to-slain-girl-with-too/

:smilerolleyes::rofl:
'Nancy Grace' plays tribute to slain girl with Michael Jackson song 'Gone Too Soon'

Monday, March 16, 2009

Q. On the "Nancy Grace," show when they are showing pictures of that little girl Caylee Marie Anthony who was murdered, they play a certain song. Can you tell me the name of the song? It has words like, "A comet in the sky fades too soon." Also who wrote it?
-- Abilene
A. The folks at CNN tell me it is "Gone Too Soon," sung by Michael Jackson and written by Larry Grossman and Alan Kohan.
Here are the lyrics:

"Like A Comet
Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
Gone Too Soon
"Like A Rainbow
Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye
Gone Too Soon
"Shiny And Sparkly
And Splendidly Bright
Here One Day
Gone One Night
"Like The Loss Of Sunlight
On A Cloudy Afternoon
Gone Too Soon
"Like A Castle
Built Upon A Sandy Beach
Gone Too Soon
"Like A Perfect Flower
That Is Just Beyond Your Reach
Gone Too Soon
"Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night
"Like A Sunset
Dying With The Rising Of The Moon
Gone Too Soon
"Gone Too Soon"

ctxt_ad_interface = 'http://cm.npc-scripps.overture.com/js_1_0/'; ctxt_ad_width = 420 ; ctxt_ad_height = 150; ctxt_ad_source = 'npc_scripps_abilenereporternews_t1_ctxt'; ctxt_ad_config = '7894763060'; ctxt_ad_id = 'lifestyle'; ctxt_ad_type = 'lifestyle'; ctxt_ad_url = window.location.href ; ctxt_css_url = 'http://media.scrippsnewspapers.com/yahoo/yahoo_cm.css' ;​

Wow, another news outlet actually picked up on that Gone Too Soon thingy on Nancy Grace?

Truth is, the song was chosen by the grandparents of Caylee Anthony. It was played during the video montage to the little girl. So when Nancy Gracy showed it, she played the audio as well.

Now, she could have left the audio out, but she didn't.

Yesterday they showed another report about Christian Audigier in tv. This time there were 3 German girls competing about who of them would get the chance to work for them. Boy, I was thrilled when I saw the Ebony cover, framed, hanging on his wall (that sheet were Michael is coverboy).
Then they showed backstage footage of the birthday bash and I got really excited. When Michael entered the stage you could see how the audience went nuts, screaming his name. The girls' emotions lighted up, their eyes were shining immediately...a sheer enchantment.

It was really great to see the footage from this angle on tv.

Wow, another news outlet actually picked up on that Gone Too Soon thingy on Nancy Grace?

Truth is, the song was chosen by the grandparents of Caylee Anthony. It was played during the video montage to the little girl. So when Nancy Gracy showed it, she played the audio as well.

Now, she could have left the audio out, but she didn't.

yeah..it would be kind of petty and insanely insensitive for Nancy Grace to think about hating MJ at a time like this. for her own sake, i'm glad she didn't.

As for those articles..how bout the last one where the reporter said that it would be hard to call MJ's 'comeback' a comeback, because he's been in the collective conciousness and survived the worst press. i think my brother wrote that article..lol...that article is so positive. the only one where the media tells on the media..i have a hard time thinking it wasn't written by someone on this site. lol it's about time.:clapping: it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Wow, big ups to Nancy that inspite of her personal feelings about Michael she recognizes a beautiful song that is meaningful for so many people who loose love ones too soon.
Nancy didnt choose that song . The video was already made and the song was requested by the grandparents _ she could hardly refuse it.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/mar/16/nancy-grace-plays-tribute-to-slain-girl-with-too/

:smilerolleyes::rofl:
'Nancy Grace' plays tribute to slain girl with Michael Jackson song 'Gone Too Soon'

Monday, March 16, 2009

Q. On the "Nancy Grace," show when they are showing pictures of that little girl Caylee Marie Anthony who was murdered, they play a certain song. Can you tell me the name of the song? It has words like, "A comet in the sky fades too soon." Also who wrote it?
-- Abilene
A. The folks at CNN tell me it is "Gone Too Soon," sung by Michael Jackson and written by Larry Grossman and Alan Kohan.
Here are the lyrics:

"Like A Comet
Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
Gone Too Soon
"Like A Rainbow
Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye
Gone Too Soon
"Shiny And Sparkly
And Splendidly Bright
Here One Day
Gone One Night
"Like The Loss Of Sunlight
On A Cloudy Afternoon
Gone Too Soon
"Like A Castle
Built Upon A Sandy Beach
Gone Too Soon
"Like A Perfect Flower
That Is Just Beyond Your Reach
Gone Too Soon
"Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night
"Like A Sunset
Dying With The Rising Of The Moon
Gone Too Soon
"Gone Too Soon"

ctxt_ad_interface = 'http://cm.npc-scripps.overture.com/js_1_0/'; ctxt_ad_width = 420 ; ctxt_ad_height = 150; ctxt_ad_source = 'npc_scripps_abilenereporternews_t1_ctxt'; ctxt_ad_config = '7894763060'; ctxt_ad_id = 'lifestyle'; ctxt_ad_type = 'lifestyle'; ctxt_ad_url = window.location.href ; ctxt_css_url = 'http://media.scrippsnewspapers.com/yahoo/yahoo_cm.css' ;​

umm Not to take away from the sadness of Caylee Marie Anthony's Death, God rest her soul.:( But is it me or is Grace trying to make amence with Michael/his fans...???? I was just wondering, cuz she should know that its Michael's song right? What do you guys think. I'm just thinking out loud. Dont mind me!

I think the tracks with Will.I.Am and Ne-Yo have already been recorded. I don't think this is some kind of last second thing. And it's great news that he's working with both of them. Both are very talented and should make great music together with Michael. Other than Quincy Jones, there's no one else I'd rather see Michael work with than Will and Ne-Yo.

Lets,get something straight here.

Neyo and Will i am will work FOR Michael not the other way around, and whatever they have done, you can be sure Michael has pushed them to there limits on creativity if and i say IF they get on cd, or single.

Terry

Im loving all these positive news articles. I always felt that oneday, when Michael was ready, he was gonna comeback with new music etc. and stick that finger up to the media and hataz. They where eventually gonna have to come crawling back and eat humble pie.
I think its lovely how the family of Ceylee Marie Anthony chose Gone Too Soon. It is a beautiful and poignant song and sums up the feelings of lose and bereavement. I reckon NG must have felt greatly annoyed at having to play a song sung by Michael Jackson, but she didnt have much choice.
Thanks for the news and mentionings.

umm Not to take away from the sadness of Caylee Marie Anthony's Death, God rest her soul.:( But is it me or is Grace trying to make amence with Michael/his fans...???? I was just wondering, cuz she should know that its Michael's song right? What do you guys think. I'm just thinking out loud. Dont mind me!

sorry but Nancy..don't give a damn about Michael or his fans...

Nancy went after Michael with every fiber in her being... mostly becuz she thought she would become the new "Barbara Walters"...if Michael was found guilty and she predicted it...

Im loving all these positive news articles. I always felt that oneday, when Michael was ready, he was gonna comeback with new music etc. and stick that finger up to the media and hataz. They where eventually gonna have to come crawling back and eat humble pie.
I think its lovely how the family of Ceylee Marie Anthony chose Gone Too Soon. It is a beautiful and poignant song and sums up the feelings of lose and bereavement. I reckon NG must have felt greatly annoyed at having to play a song sung by Michael Jackson, but she didnt have much choice.
Thanks for the news and mentionings.
I do not think NG care either way. to me, NG was using Mike to get ahead. She thinks EVERYONE is guilty which is her stick to fame (many respectful journalist can not stand her). Believe me, if she really thought Michael was guilty, NG/CNN would not have played that song no matter what. SOme people want fame no matter what the cost and NG is one of them.

more news...

Artist of the Day: Michael Jackson

Submitted by Jonathan Bennett on Mon, 03/16/2009 - 09:58.
staff_flag.gif
aodmichaeljackson.jpg

Today on the Refresh channel you'll hear the music of Michael Jackson.
On JaxCountry, Garth Brooks is today's featured performer and over at Doc's Place, it's Aretha Franklin.
We're

http://www.jacksonville.com/interac.../2009-03-16/artist_of_the_day_michael_jackson

Flo Rida 'wouldn't be here' without Jackson

Monday, March 16 2009, 12:15pm EDT
By Alex Fletcher, Senior Entertainment Reporter
160x120_flo_rida.jpg
WENN

Flo Rida has claimed that his music career "probably wouldn't have happened" without Michael Jackson.

The 'Right Round' rapper said that he wasn't surprised by Jackson's sell-out shows at London's O2 arena, describing the veteran popstar as a "big inspiration".

"Had Michael not broken the barriers it probably wouldn't have happened for guys such as myself," he told the Daily Star.

"Both Akon and Ne-Yo feature on my new album and you wouldn't have any of us without Michael. African-American history was massively changed by Michael as a person, never mind his music, which broke records and took videos to the next level after 'Thriller'."

He continued: "All over the world he is known and loved on such a massive level, so to see that as a young guy it changed my life....His songs are so emotional and he is a great attribute to music."

Flo Rida also praised Lady GaGa, describing her as a future "icon". "It is most definitely refreshing to hear someone like her," he said. "And of course, the leotards are all good by me."

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/a149723/flo-rida-wouldnt-be-here-without-jackson.html

More potential artists for the upcoming single, album, etc...

Kanye West, Justin Timberlake And Rihanna For New Michael Jackson Album?

The singer is said to be considering releasing a new record to coincide with his comeback shows in London this summer.

According to the News of the World, will.i.am and Ne-Yo are both involved in the project, while rapper Kanye West has submitted tracks for Jackson to consider.

Last week, Randy Phillips, chief executive of AEG Live, said Jackson would release a new single before he begins his residency at the O2 Arena on July 8th.

“Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans,” Mr Phillips said.

It's thought Jackson could follow the example set by Prince, who performed a similar residency at the venue two years ago, and give away an album to ticket holders.

More than one millions tickets for Jackson's comeback gigs were sold last week. The residency will run until the end of February 2010.
http://www.festivalwise.com/news/49...ake-And-Rihanna-For-New-Michael-Jackson-Album

=====================================

MICHAEL JACKSON's residency at London's O2 Arena has garnered such phenomenal demand - the King of Pop could have sold out the venue for two years, according to the show's promoters.

Tickets to the Thriller legend's 50-date This Is It comeback run sold out within hours after going on general sale on Friday (13Mar09) morning.
Over a million fans bought tickets to the shows, with agents shifting an average of 33 seats per minute.

The huge demand to see the singer's first full-length concert in 12 years led the star to increase the original 10-show stint to a mammoth eight-month residency.

And concert promoters AEG, the company who persuaded Jackson to step back into the limelight, insist the singer could have easily sold out a two year slot at the arena.

Randy Phillips, head of AEG, says, "We never thought '50 shows' and frankly based on the queues on Ticketmaster, plus the 300,000 registrants we still haven't issued codes to, we could spend two years here.
And Phillips insists Jackson is keen to kick-off the shows after the reception his comeback has received in the U.K.

He adds, "Mike (Michael Jackson) asked me how long he would be in the United Kingdom for and I told him, probably long enough to get a British passport.

"Michael's already pretty much put together a list of the dancers he wants. Michael's very engaged now."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson residency could have lasted two years_1097810

16/03/2009 07:00

fuck nancy grace. I'm not gonna forget the shit she got up to. Gonna take more than playing some song. Lord. Makes me squirm.

More potential artists for the upcoming single, album, etc...

Kanye West, Justin Timberlake And Rihanna For New Michael Jackson Album?

The singer is said to be considering releasing a new record to coincide with his comeback shows in London this summer.

According to the News of the World, will.i.am and Ne-Yo are both involved in the project, while rapper Kanye West has submitted tracks for Jackson to consider.

Last week, Randy Phillips, chief executive of AEG Live, said Jackson would release a new single before he begins his residency at the O2 Arena on July 8th.

“Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans,” Mr Phillips said.

It's thought Jackson could follow the example set by Prince, who performed a similar residency at the venue two years ago, and give away an album to ticket holders.

More than one millions tickets for Jackson's comeback gigs were sold last week. The residency will run until the end of February 2010.
http://www.festivalwise.com/news/49...ake-And-Rihanna-For-New-Michael-Jackson-Album

=====================================

MICHAEL JACKSON's residency at London's O2 Arena has garnered such phenomenal demand - the King of Pop could have sold out the venue for two years, according to the show's promoters.

Tickets to the Thriller legend's 50-date This Is It comeback run sold out within hours after going on general sale on Friday (13Mar09) morning.
Over a million fans bought tickets to the shows, with agents shifting an average of 33 seats per minute.

The huge demand to see the singer's first full-length concert in 12 years led the star to increase the original 10-show stint to a mammoth eight-month residency.

And concert promoters AEG, the company who persuaded Jackson to step back into the limelight, insist the singer could have easily sold out a two year slot at the arena.

Randy Phillips, head of AEG, says, "We never thought '50 shows' and frankly based on the queues on Ticketmaster, plus the 300,000 registrants we still haven't issued codes to, we could spend two years here.
And Phillips insists Jackson is keen to kick-off the shows after the reception his comeback has received in the U.K.

He adds, "Mike (Michael Jackson) asked me how long he would be in the United Kingdom for and I told him, probably long enough to get a British passport.

"Michael's already pretty much put together a list of the dancers he wants. Michael's very engaged now."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson residency could have lasted two years_1097810

16/03/2009 07:00

Thanks for those nice news!

Nancy G lashes onto whatever 'child' or 'battered woman' cause that gets her major media attention....she's all over everything - if it resulted in a good result for the child or mother/wife, then its a good thing, but in most cases, NG is just trying to get her name on it - she is a true ambulance chaser!

Another mentioning:

Deva re deva!

When Prabhu Deva came to Delhi recently, for the shooting of Sanjay and Boney Kapoor’s It’s My Life, it was after a gap of three years. And he’d never seen the Qutub Minar before!

“The last time I was here was to receive the National Award, and once I had come for the shooting of a song in Humse Hai Muqabla,” he says. “After that, whenever I have gone for a short vacation to Kulu Manali, I have only passed through Delhi, but never really stopped here.” And the Minar? “I’d only read about this beautiful monument in history books. I feel lucky that I’m sitting next to the Qutub Minar and posing for you. This is a memorable moment. I almost feel like a kid, seeing something new for the first time in my life!”

Another thing that he was doing after a long gap was a Bollywood film. “I’m busy acting in and directing movies down South. You see, the other choreographers are only doing choreography, whereas I’m busy doing other things too, so I do choreography sometimes. But of all of them, I definitely enjoy choreography the most,” he says. But how Prabhu Deva took up dancing in the first place is a bit of a story too. “I wasn’t very good at studies, so I had no option left. I decided to get into dancing. I’ve always been inspired by Michael Jackson and my father is also a choreographer,” he explains.

However, dance is not his only passion – he says he’s a bit of a sports freak too! “I love playing badminton. Actually, I feel that sports is like yoga – it involves a lot of concentration. When you’re working, you’re also thinking of something else; when you’re studying, you’re thinking of something else. But when you play, you’re only concentrating on the game and you think of nothing else. I can play for hours – five hours without a break! It’s a way of keeping myself fit. And I don’t just play for the exercise, I play for joy. I want other sports to be encouraged in India. It’s sad – we give importance only to cricket; everybody watches only cricket, but that includes me too. I admire cricketers who do well. I miss Sourav Ganguly a lot. It was sad to hear about the Sri Lankan cricketers being attacked in Pakistan. It has become very unsafe to play there,” he says.

But Prabhu’s mighty happy about his friend AR Rahman’s Oscar win. “I was travelling from Chennai to Mumbai when my friend called me on my mobile. He kept the phone close to the TV set, and had me listen to Rahman’s voice. That’s how I came to know. I felt very happy,” he recounts.

Prabhu himself is going places, and doing newer things. “I might act in more Tamil movies... I haven’t yet decided. And from October onwards, I might direct a Telegu movie. So everything is ‘maybe’. I’m still young and would like to stay the way I am. I have the same beard, the same look, and people like me this way. I’m not going to change at all,” he says.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Deva-re-deva/articleshow/4272051.cms

from reading on maxjac rfom fans who were interviewed. it looks like channel 5 are already filming their tv docu for mjs comeback. like the second coming of christ. they are planning their negative b.s already

CNN had this video on its site from 13Mar but I didn't see it broadcast this weekend...here in the US

its a little bit more on the ticket sell out... ALL POSITIVE!!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/03/13/black.uk.*****.tickets.cnn
Fixed link: http://tinyurl.com/cgxo7f

Great report...

"Fans old and young are thrilled enough to have bought around 1 million tickets, snapped up in just hours. 50 sell-out shows in one city. The promoters say no other performer in the world could achieve this. They're probably right."

That's right, they betta ask somebody! Michael is one bad ass fother mucker! And he is gonna show these media pundits WHOSE BAD!

They are always trying to talk about what Michael won't do and how weak and FRAGILE he is. They said he wouldn't make it through that long trial but he did. Now they are saying he won't make it through the residency. Well...

YES HE CAN AND YES HE WILL!

Back