Monday, April 6, 2009

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Not finding any news...right now, maybe later - since it's still Sunday in Vegas - if he's still here :unsure:

Here are some mentionings:

You’re the Inspiration

Malaysia Star -
David Foster - He penned or produced hits for the likes of (deep breath) Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Hall and Oates and many more icons of the 1980s. ...

Local girls play in statewide band

Oneida Dispatch - ‎
... I was so honored to be in his presence,” Hubbard said of the entertainer, who has also played with the likes of Michael Jackson. ...

YMCA offering dance lessons

Times Record News - ‎
Molina has trained under a backup dancer for Michael and Janet Jackson, and many other dancers from Hollywood. He is a patient instructor and uses energetic ...

********************************​

Love this photo - top half is Western MJ - bottom half is pure MJ! Check out the loafers / white socks!!:wub:

*********************************************************​

MJ Merchandising Memories:

- does anyone have one or both of these?

mjmys.jpg

mjleg.jpg

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Michael Jackson Perfume and Cologne Set[/FONT]
Mystique de Michael Jackson - perfume for women
Legende de Michael Jackson - cologne for men

Michael Jackson and Jon Pierre Sand
(the famous perfume manufacturer)
Each bottle has the Michael Jackson Hologram Label
(when you turn the bottle and he smiles at you)

Created in the early 1990's

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]I named my black cat Mystique - (she passed away a couple yrs ago)[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]
[/FONT]Today in
Michael Jackson History
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]​

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times]​

1987 - Janet Jackson's album "Control" was certified four times Platinum by the RIAA.

1993 - LaToya Jackson paid the back taxes on her parents' Encino, CA, home. She narrowly avoided an I.R.S. auction.

1997 - The Michael Jackson film "Captain EO" had its final show at Disneyland.

2005 - Michael Jackson attended the funeral of Johnnie Cochran Jr. Jackson's former attorney had died March 29th of an inoperable brain tumor.

[/FONT]

was Mj the first celebrity to have his/her own name as a perfume?

Thanks for the news.

And nice picture.

Thanks for the news. I never knew about the perfume/cologne idea. Looks like that idea went in the bucket after awhile.

Skipped 2 classes this morning (very unlike myself)....and come to mjjc. S'gonna be a good day.

More Mentionings:

Gary actor enjoying his Broadway tour in 'Rent'

Munster Times -

....A Gary native, Justin Johnston began his journey as an entertainer in Chicago's southeastern suburbs, drawing inspiration from another notable Gary native. "The first thing I remember from my childhood is Michael Jackson's 'Photo Album,' " he said.

"I must have been 1 year old when that came out. I remember dancing and singing to that while everyone watched. Those experiences were pretty much the teacher as far as learning to be an entertainer and learning what was stage presence. That was my first foray into entertainment.

"After I uprooted and moved to New York, then everything that happened there, the music, the gigs, the shows, the people I met, I had to finally stop and say, 'Hey I came from Gary, Ind. 'Johnston said.....

Love them do

News & Observer - ... the greatest act in pop music history, Andrea Sneed of Franklinton nailed the consensus final four: Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, U2 and the Beatles. ...

“This Spotify business isn’t as good as it’s cracked up to be!”

Music Magazine - ‎
As the insane run of sold out Michael Jackson shows proves, the appetite for the one-off event is as big as it’s ever been, and it is arguably growing. ...

This one is just cute:

TV and Radio show host Siddharth Kannan has found himself a new best friend in Michael Jackson. Yup that’s right. And it seems, Michael cannot live without Sid and both of them have been seen hanging out in studios, taking walks and are inseparable. Astonished?? Before u get ideas, the Michael Jackson here is a 2 month old Golden retriever owned by one of Sid’s childhood friend who left it behind for 2 weeks as he was going out of the country

Sid says “My friend is a big fan of Michael Jackson so he’s called his pup the same as a tribute to him. I have a feeling the name seems to have a major impact on the pup because when he’s in the car with me, he barks with joy each time the radio is on and jumps from one seat to the other as if he’s doing break dance just the way Michael Jackson would Moment the music stops, he starts sulking in one corner. I’m sure if there was a break dance contest amongst pups, he would win it hands down.”

Talking about his already strong attachment with the pup, Sid says, “
My friend will be in deep shock when he gets back, as I have a feeling I may not return the pup back’.

http://www.sindhtoday.net/entertainment/83787.htm

Love this photo - top half is Western MJ - bottom half is pure MJ! Check out the loafers / white socks!!:wub:

*********************************************************​
what not to wear 101 =P

it's nearly as criminal as this..

2clym8.jpg

=P

Surprised nobody on this forum has brought up the fact that Roger Friedman has been fired. Atleast I haven't seen it anywhere on here.

Ahahahahaha! Has anyone seen this?

:toofunny:

I don't know how to grab/link the video so you will have to follow the url. Maybe somone here can link /embed it?

http://cultofmac.com/lgs-arena-ui-have-they-paid-for-that/9974

LG’s Arena UI - Have They Paid for That?
8:50 am, April 6th, 2009, Lonnie Lazar

'VIDEO"

Well, who doesn’t like a little Michael Jackson, dancing babies and quick, snappy edits in a smartphone commercial?

But does anyone think Apple’s legal department won’t soon notice the uncanny similarities between the UI for LG’s Arena and Apple’s own iPhone?

It’s no secret that Apple loves LG displays, but whether that love extends to a willingness to overlook LG’s ripping-off the iPhone’s UI remains to be seen. On the other hand, it’s possible LG

licensed the UI. Neither Apple nor LG representatives were available for comment at press time.

Oh oh.... sorry guys. I think there is a bit of nasty enuendo in there that I hadn't caught the first time. Hmmm.. it can be taken different ways.
They must have gotten permission to use the song. $$$ and all. I wonder how they slipped that through. Why did they have to go there and spoil it?

Last edited:
What was that?:scratch:

Looks like he did some special effects - hanging / flying in the air - and forgot to take off the rigging....

I saw a picture of him when he went parasailing once. I think that is what this picture might be from. The man has had a full life and for being a supposed 'recluse' has experienced more things than most of us could ever experience.

Last edited:
I saw a picture of him when he went parasailing once. I think that is what this picture might be from. The man has had a full like and for being a supposed 'recluse' has experienced more things than most of us could ever experience.

Yeah, I think that is the time he went parasailing, can't remember where he was or when it was, but it wasn't that many years ago. At the time I thought, hmm, interesting tights (leggings) and shorts he had on.

Yeah, I think that is the time he went parasailing, can't remember where he was or when it was, but it wasn't that many years ago. At the time I thought, hmm, interesting tights (leggings) and shorts he had on.

Are they actually shorts or are those straps for the rigging/harness? When I skydived I had straps that went around my legs through my crotch and then under my arms .. all one harness.

Of course when you where a wet suit (which is what the tights look like they are part of) you sometimes wear something light over it so maybe there are shorts/trunks. He sure looks silly though even taking into account it is hard to look high fashion in a wet suit and harness.

now that you mention it, it does look like a wet suit under everything else.

schizo...

thinkin he was in dire straits so he needed fifty shows...

whatever..

what's in the mind of pathological liar editorialists who constantly see one thing and report another when it comes to Michael?

Last edited:
Billy Ocean quote:

...Ocean’s humility makes it hard to believe that he is often celebrated as the most successful black British male artist of all time. He chuckles at the plaudit. “Every time I hear that, I wonder if it’s really true! I certainly don’t feel like I’m the most this or the best that. But I suppose you get out what you put in. Over the years, I’ve really grafted so it’s nice to be acknowledged for your efforts. But at the same time, it makes me wonder: with all the great black British acts there have been - why haven’t any of them done more? But I understand the difficulties of the industry.
“In my earlier days, there were all kinds of silly excuses that were used to justify why my videos weren’t played. And as a black artist, unfortunately, your rewards weren’t always as a great as the white artists - that’s a fact. There were times when it felt as if people thought they were doing you a favour. We’re the ones who provide some of the best music and keep the industry going, and yet other people climb over us and get more. But I don’t wallow in those things because I believe that what is for you is for you. What the Lord has planned out for you, nobody can take it from you, and I just thank the Lord I have the strength to keep going.” He certainly has kept going since the start of this year, having embarked on a 41-date UK tour in January.
Does Ocean think Michael Jackson will be able to complete his forthcoming 50 shows in London? “He’s younger than I am so I don’t see why not. I guess the only difference is that I warmed myself up for it. In 2007 I did eight shows; in 2008 I did 18 shows; and in 2009 I did 41. I guess 41 shows was still
a big jump from 18! But Michael Jackson is a great entertainer so I wish him all the best and I hope it all comes to fruition.”
Because I Love You is out today on Universal

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=15347

Back