Monday: 1st Dec, 2008

MJJC News Dept

Proud Member
Hi everyone, Betty reporting here :)

Here is Monday's News Thread!

Michael Jackson News

Today in Entertainment History
In 1982, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album was released. It went on to become the biggest-selling album of all time.

wis10News

Michael Jackson to throw party in 'Big Brother' house??

1.December 2008, 12:54
Michael Jackson is set to throw a birthday party in the ‘Big Brother’ house. The ‘Bad’ singer is planning to celebrate his brother Jermaine’s 54th birthday by reuniting him with his fellow contestants from the 2007 celebrity version of the UK reality TV show.

welt.de - Full Article here

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Snapshots From The Nat King Cole Generation Hope Gala

The evening featured a lovely video produced by Michael Kagdis with a taped appearance by Natalie Cole, currently on tour and recovering from kidney disease. She didn't sing, but the slack was taken up by Boca's Dennis Lambert, songwriter ("Night Shift," "Ain't No Woman") and current star of the documentary "Of All The Things," and Siedah Garrett, most famous for writing Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror," and the Oscar-nominated writer of "I Love You I Do" from "Dreamgirls."

Garrett's last song, "Man In The Mirror," was the emotional and musical highlight of the night, because it's still moving and undated 21 years after its release, and because it's got the most sing-alongable chorus ever. "Na na na"s are sure things for a sing-along.

palmbeachpost

Triumph for the Courtyard Theatre Pantomime.

10:03am Monday 1st December 2008

They went through their paces with real zest, and the highlight for me was a version of a Michael Jackson zombie classic, with the hook line changed from “And this is thriller!” to “And you’re a minger!”
Good, contemporary fun was had by all.

ledburyreporter

Michael Jackson HIStory

1982 - Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" was released.

MJJCommunity Weekly News
Some things to know...

From the MJJC News Team:

Be sure to sign up for MJJC eNews! Xpress!

Follow the advice in this thread riiiight here ---> http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57833

From the MJJC Moderators Team:

Be sure to check your signature sizes... the mods are on the prowl :ph34r:
Read here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57296

Also a gentle reminder to search the forum a little bit before posting your thread, chances are your topic already exists :eek:

From the MJJC Team as a whole:

The Christmas present for Michael Jackson on behalf of MJJC members is well on it's way to be created/put together, be sure to check out MJJC Momma's updates in the following thread:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57011

MJJCommunity Birthdays!!

Monday 1st - stone shaker (33), MJs Soulmate xo (21), susie_291 (19), rere (18)

Tuesday 2nd - lily (47), Dorothy_Marie (36), baggyboo (34), iamthriller82 (21), Drama Queen (17)

Wednesday 3rd - badbunny1 (50), Peterpan7 (30), Forevermike (28), kopmjj007 (28), Ellie (27), seany, decy (25), supaflysista3 (24)

Thursday 4th - Nelson G (48), zozo (29), 2Bad (27), Lucy_DarkChild (21), Rock With MJ (20)

Friday 5th - sandralouise (44), earth's song (30), Neverlandgirl (30), girithwilyaiel (29), didiere79 (29), Inanymat Objekt (23), Soul Ramone (23)

Saturday 6th - Pua, phrantic (50), danceline (45), MJ Crazy (38), J5master (21)

Sunday 7th - Smarties (25), DiegoMJJ (19), bubbles7 (16)

Happy Birthday for everyone this week!!! :birthday: :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael to throw a birthday party for Jermaine ....:hysterical:

:puke: i'm very sick of lies especially the stupid ones.

anyway...thanks for the news.

At least it's not a terrible, horrifying lie. It's just......a really odd one. How did they come up with that?!?

just when u think stories cant get any stranger

AKON LOVES HISSELF SUM MJ! WOOT WOOT

http://bossip.com/

did an interview w/ people mag and this is what he said about mj.....

What surprised you the most about him?
Akon: How humble and how smart he was. Sometimes you get a certain perception from how the media portrays him, but [working with him] was completely opposite. An artist of that caliber and as big as he is, you would think he would have certain qualities that you probably wouldn’t like, such as being very arrogant or stuck up. With him, it was like he had never put out a record before – he still had that hunger.

hah i know right!!!

and good for Akon, he had some great things to say about MJ :clap:

and good for Akon, he had some great things to say about MJ :clap:

I really love how today's artist continue to mention MJ's name during interviews.

In an upcoming issue of GIANT magazine, Jay-Z is talking about his relationship with Beyonce. He talks about always being guarded with his romances. He says:

"I don't even like for people to know what my girl looks like, and now I'm in a relationship with MICHAEL JACKSON."

LOL! I thought that was cute.

Michael Jackson is set to throw a birthday party in the ‘Big Brother’ house. The ‘Bad’ singer is planning to celebrate his brother Jermaine’s 54th birthday by reuniting him with his fellow contestants from the 2007 celebrity version of the UK reality TV show.

Interesting information.

i'm very sick of lies especially the stupid ones

What makes you think it is a lie? What if it was true? Are you going to "sick" from it? All we know is that it is a rumor. Isn't Jermaine's birthday this month?

What surprised you the most about him?
Akon: How humble and how smart he was. Sometimes you get a certain perception from how the media portrays him, but [working with him] was completely opposite. An artist of that caliber and as big as he is, you would think he would have certain qualities that you probably wouldn’t like, such as being very arrogant or stuck up. With him, it was like he had never put out a record before – he still had that hunger

That was posted on this weekend's news thread. That is the same website that would trash MJ in a hot minute. The website is complete trash. LOL. I would not be shocked if the fool from that website trashed him even though there was nothing that Akon stated that would be negative or weird.

"I don't even like for people to know what my girl looks like, and now I'm in a relationship with MICHAEL JACKSON."

Hmmmm, I do not know what to say about this comment. I read it like three times and I do not understand the whole point of mentioning Mike. He could have just left it at the first part of the sentence and moved on. We all know that he nor Beyonce would never talk about their relationship.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I do not know what to say about this comment. I read it like three times and I do not understand the whole point of mentioning Mike. He could have just left it at the first part of the sentence and moved on. We all know that he nor Beyonce would never talk about their relationship.

I believe he was just saying that Beyonce gets a lot of media attention, "almost" like MJ.

what's more..people magazine can't get enough of MJ, just like all media. they seek out celebs who worked with MJ just to ask about MJ. and more kudos to Akon!

LMAO.

Hopefully this party happens here in England, which is where most of the Big Brother contestants live haha.

That is great news though - nice to hear something positive for once :).

I'm just wondering, you take it as a news "Michael at Big Brother" NEVER! (I hope NEVER!)

and then this one:

although ‘Big Brother’ production company Endemol is yet to reply to Michael’s request to use the house as a venue.
yes of course, Michael Jackson has to request, if would be invited to appear, of course.

Michael Jackson to throw party in 'Big Brother' house??

1.December 2008, 12:54

welt.de - Full Article here

is it official?

1982 - Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" was released.
:clapping: such cool day :wild:

lol, why you laughing

Because it's likely not to be true, regarding MJ throwing a party for Jermaine.

Because it's likely not to be true, regarding MJ throwing a party for Jermaine.

Yes, the whole story is odd, why in the hell would mikka go on big brother to celebrate hes brother B-day??

I recall reading similar rumors about a party w/ MJ when Jermaine first entered the Big Brother house, last year. I believe they were circulated by David Gest back then.

I recall reading similar rumors about a party w/ MJ when Jermaine first entered the Big Brother house, last year. I believe they were circulated by David Gest back then.

Oh goodness yes, I recall also. There were so many rumors, especially the one about MJ's possible BIG HOUSE visit, while Jermaine was still in the house.

Yes, the whole story is odd, why in the hell would mikka go on big brother to celebrate hes brother B-day??

Because he's Michael Jackson and he can do whatever he wants.

Why is everyone obsessing over the fact this is a 'lie' though?
We should just appreciate that this is a positive thing; nothing bad or against him. :yes::flowers: Peace lol.

Hmm....the story about a party for Jermaine...hmm...lol....seems unlikely (MJ not doing the reunion tour and those ties with the Prince of Bahrain mess) BUT I remember the party in Japan (originally a Christmas party) got the same response of disbelief when that rumor started. You never really know until things are confirmed, denied, or just never happen. For now, I agree it seems like a harmless rumor....unless someone does a BS follow-up story as to why this party isn't really happening or didn't happen...kinda like those "MJ will appear at some award show" rumors that later turn into a "but he got stage fright and yada yada" story. Meh.

Thanks to all for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

Man, if MJ were truly giving Jermaine a birthday party. It would be JERMAINE who would be screaming this news from the highest mountain and not the ever present "source." LOL!

I believe Betty added the ??? next to the party news title because at this stage in the game it's just a rumour ;)

Premiership Stars Barred From Lil Wayne And Akon's Christmas Party

A host of big names premiership footballers have been told they can't fly to Miami to celebrate Christmas with US rappers Lil' Wayne and Akon.

Chelsea's Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba and two stars from Sunderland were personally invited to the £1million party later this month.

But their club managers, Phil Scolari and Roy Keane, are reported to have insisted that they stay in the country because of the traditional pile up of festive football fixtures.

“The party promises to be the biggest hip-hop bash ever thrown. Lil' Wayne and Akon are each pouring hundreds of thousands of pounds into it,” a source told the Sun newspaper.

“The footballers were really up for a big night out but the bosses have said no.”

The rappers, who usually hold separate Christmas events, are understood to have combined their celebrations after they both scheduled parties on the same day.

Fellow rapper Kanye West, Leona Lewis and Michael Jackson are all reported to be on the invite list.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/47894/Premiership-Stars-Barred-From-Lil-Wayne-And-Akons-Christmas-Party

Back