Monday 16th June

thanks..

Rumor or not..

Rumors are good things right now.. (this type) it creates talk..............

that's why Michaels camp is not trying to stop the rumors..

thanks..

Rumor or not..

Rumors are good things right now.. (this type) it creates talk..............

that's why Michaels camp is not trying to stop the rumors..

True! I got a message from friend in South Africa asking if I was going to the MJ show in Vegas, saying he wanted to go too...even though he's not a fan at all and we never talk about MJ.

What I read at one time and will consider the truth until I hear something more logical is that he went to see them, not buy them. I have also read that the rumor about buying them was given to the tabloids by his manager. The two things are not mutually exclusive so that may be true as well. The last thing I would believe is that he actually tried to or wanted to buy them.

Michael never tried to buy the bones of the elephant man. It's totally not true, lol. How the rumor got started, I really don't know. Some say Michael's management started it, some say the tabloids just made it up. But it absolutely is not true. Michael visited the exhibet in London back in the late 80s, and it started from there, that's all. Like Michael said, what would he do with some bones, lol.

Last edited:
here is some MJ business news...
swapContent('firstHeader','applyHeader');var storyURL = "http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/adtrack/2008-06-15-cannes-music-ads-adtrack_N.htm";var storyTitle = "Ad Track: Jingles out, cool songs in at Cannes; see video";var yahooBuzzArticleId = 'usatoday:'+storyURL+'?csp=34';var yahooBuzzBadgeType = 'text';var sclListTop = "";sclListTop +='';sclListTop +='
  • ';sclListTop +='
    • ';sclListTop +='

';sclListTop +='
      owts.gif

';sclListTop +='
    • ';sclListTop +='
    • Digg';//sclListTop +='
    • del.icio.us';sclListTop +='
    • Newsvine';sclListTop +='
    • Reddit';sclListTop +='
    • Facebook';sclListTop +='
    • What\'s this?';sclListTop +='
    ';sclListTop +='
';sclListTop +='
';sclListTop +='
';document.write(sclListTop);
http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/adtrack/2008-06-15-cannes-music-ads-adtrack_N.htm

Getting the right chemistry
Whether marketers buy music from an agency like Human or licenses existing tunes from labels or publishers, they are paying the big bucks because the right chemistry among product, music and ad message will make a brand stand out.

"If a brand is going to spend tens of millions of dollars for TV, radio or Web time, they want a song that has immediate recognition and that can put you in a particular place or time," says Martin Bandier, chairman and CEO of Sony/ATV Music Publishing. "The world has recognized that music is the great thing that can catch your attention. This is a good time to be in the music-publishing industry."

Sony's (SNE) music-licensing revenue is up 17%, and the volume of deals is up 9% for the fiscal year ended March 31, Bandier says. He recently named Rob Kaplan to the new post of global marketing vice president, making it Kaplan's job to sell songs from Sony's list of 750,000 to marketers and their ad agencies.

Ad use has proved to have a payoff beyond license fees, particularly for up-and-coming artists. Billboard has even started tracking when ad use causes a tune's sales to spurt.
"In the last few years we've given more attention to branding news," Mayfield says. "Every week we have a number of different opportunities to explain (sales) increases on a chart, and if something picks up steam we look for causes of that."

More and more the cause turns out to be an ad. Use in an Apple (AAPL) ad for the MacBook Air, for example, helped push New Soul by newcomer Yael Naim to the top of the charts at iTunes — more than 800,000 downloads have sold since the TV ad began airing in February.

Last edited:
There are too many Vegas rmours for there to be no truth behind this

you'd be surprise...

there could only be speculation just becuz the guy who heads Colony is involved in the Las Vegas Hilton... it doesn't necessarily means.. Michael is doing Vegas...

Datsymay in the previous news thread posted video for "We Are The World" song. It should be noted that the song in different variations got about 10 million hits on "YouTube".

Just for comparison, song for the biggest selling single of all time, "Candle In The Wind" (sung, music composed by Elton John) has three times less views, cumulatively.

It is not to say that "CITW" is "bad" or anything, but the scale of the hymn, and long-running grandioseness of epic "WATW" is evident.

Last edited:
Datsymay in the previous news thread posted video for "We Are The World" song. It should be noted that the song in different variations got about 10 million hits.

Just for comparison, song for the biggest selling single of all time, "Candle In The Wind" (music composed and sung Elton John) has three times less views.

It is not to say that "CITW" is "bad" or anything, but the scale of the hymn, and long-running grandioseness of epic "WATW" is evident.
Thats for that news Denisrs. WATW is very inspiring and indeed very popular.

Last edited:
I have some News about Stan Winston.

'Jurassic Park' effects guru and Thriller and Ghost Horror Effects make-up artist for Michael Jackson, Stan Winston dies .
Hollywood special-effects maestro Stan Winston has died at age 62.
The Oscar-winning visual effects artist died at his home Sunday evening surrounded by family after a seven-year struggle with multiple myeloma, a form of cancer of the Bone Marrow according to a representative from Stan Winston Studio.
Winston won visual effects Oscars for 1986's "Aliens, "1992's "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" and 1993's "Jurassic Park."
Winston is survived by his wife, Karen; a son, daughter, brother and four grandchildren.

Stan has thrillered us all with his work for many years,Most of his work wasn't awarded but was well received by many fans of Movies and Videos and Short Films of many Musical artist,
My Condolences to the Family and Friends of Stan Winston.

:angel:

'Jurassic Park' effects guru and Thriller and Ghost Horror Effects make-up artist for Michael Jackson, Stan Winston dies .
The Oscar-winning visual effects artist died at his home Sunday evening surrounded by family after a seven-year struggle with multiple myeloma, a form of cancer of the Bone Marrow according to a representative from Stan Winston Studio.
Winston won visual effects Oscars for 1986's "Aliens, "1992's "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" and 1993's "Jurassic Park."
Winston is survived by his wife, Karen; a son, daughter, brother and four grandchildren.

Stan has thrillered us all with his work for many years,Most of his work wasn't awarded but was well received by many fans of Movies and Videos and Short Films of many Musical artist,

May he rest in peace.

Thanks to all for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

"If a brand is going to spend tens of millions of dollars for TV, radio or Web time, they want a song that has immediate recognition and that can put you in a particular place or time," says Martin Bandier, chairman and CEO of Sony/ATV Music Publishing. "The world has recognized that music is the great thing that can catch your attention. This is a good time to be in the music-publishing industry."
Sony's (SNE) music-licensing revenue is up 17%, and the volume of deals is up 9% for the fiscal year ended March 31, Bandier says. He recently named Rob Kaplan to the new post of global marketing vice president, making it Kaplan's job to sell songs from Sony's list of 750,000 to marketers and their ad agencies.

Sounds like the songman cometh. Ka-ching for Sony/ATV catalog no doubt. :cheers: Milk it, Kaplan! Milk it!! Respectfully, of course. ;D

:( RIP Stan Winston. My condolences go out to his family and friends as well. He was amazing at what he did. Ghosts was awesome but I was officially impressed by his work when he literally breathed life into those Jurassic Park dinosaurs. I haven't seen anything that has come close to topping that yet. Truly gifted. Such a loss. :(

Last edited:
you'd be surprise...

there could only be speculation just becuz the guy who heads Colony is involved in the Las Vegas Hilton... it doesn't necessarily means.. Michael is doing Vegas...

I know exactly what you're saying but what I mean is that there are so many comments from people and so many reasons for MJ to do the Vegas show that I think he might have at some stage been in talks about doing a show. I mean Raymone hasn't denied anything and shes usually very quick to deny these rumours.

Then again we haven't heard from her in a while so who knows if shes even working for Michael anymore

I think i remember somebody mentioning this in a thread today but on CBC in Canada they are having this 1 hour show called "michael jackson" and when i click info on the satelite it says "an inside look at the king of pop's road to self destruction".....sounds like the typical MJ show where they re-hash old scandals and try to claim MJ as personally and musically dead. I dont even wanna watch this show but at the same time im curious... I will let you all know how it turns out. Based on the write up on their website it sounds horrible....Diane Diamond....that Randy guy...Bob Jones. Those are the only 3 people who talk negative about Michael on a consecutive basis. The funny thing, in the write up on the website they state Randy blows apart the "myth" that Michael was abused as a kid...yet I own that guys book "magic and the madness" and randy states on several occasions how Michael was infact abused and recounts several incidents...now he is going against that! What an idiot!!! The show starts at 10pm eastern. Here is the link....

http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeyesunday/feature_220308.html

Last edited:
I think i remember somebody mentioning this in a thread today but on CBC in Canada they are having this 1 hour show called "michael jackson" and when i click info on the satelite it says "an inside look at the king of pop's road to self destruction".....sounds like the typical MJ show where they re-hash old scandals and try to claim MJ as personally and musically dead. I dont even wanna watch this show but at the same time im curious... I will let you all know how it turns out. Based on the write up on their website it sounds horrible....Diane Diamond....that Randy guy...Bob Jones. Those are the only 3 people who talk negative about Michael on a consecutive basis. The funny thing, in the write up on the website they state Randy blows apart the "myth" that Michael was abused as a kid...yet I own that guys book "magic and the madness" and randy states on several occasions how Michael was infact abused and recounts several incidents...now he is going against that! What an idiot!!! The show starts at 10pm eastern. Here is the link....

http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeyesunday/feature_220308.html

Man why do people keep posting the same tired dumb crap then say oh i hope it's not that bad commen sense should say hmmmm if scumbags like Bob Jones and Diane Dimond are on it DO NOT POST for fans to watch, i mean are people brainless?

Man why do people keep posting the same tired dumb crap then say oh i hope it's not that bad commen sense should say hmmmm if scumbags like Bob Jones and Diane Dimond are on it DO NOT POST for fans to watch, i mean are people brainless?
:cheers:.......

Geeze I didnt know... settle down. Man, alot of people in this forum are really rude. Some of you seriously need to work on your delivery and stop treating people like a hunk of sh*t

Looks like the vegas reports are starting to make the rounds on a couple of the entertainment shows.

Geeze I didnt know... settle down. Man, alot of people in this forum are really rude. Some of you seriously need to work on your delivery and stop treating people like a hunk of sh*t

K, he has a point. Not everyone knows everything and all he did was post that mj would be on tv and he didn't know anything about that one just it didn't look good. Many of us already know what it is about but not everyone reads every thread and sees every documentary. Lets not jump them but be tolerant and give some polite guidance :yes:

K, he has a point. Not everyone knows everything and all he did was post that mj would be on tv and he didn't know anything about that one just it didn't look good. Many of us already know what it is about but not everyone reads every thread and sees every documentary. Lets not jump them but be tolerant and give some polite guidance :yes:

thank you...i appreciate that:) and btw...i hated that show. i turned it off halfway, just pure crap...I dont even know why the Canadian government would allow their $$ to be spent creating an hour show of 100% lies and exxagerations. So frustrating.

He is now reportedly living in Pahrump, Nev., about 60 miles from Las Vegas.

really?!!?

when i first read that this morning, i started thinking "what in the world is a pahrump, nevada?" so i started searching and lo and behold, i have heard of pahrump, nevada before!

it was a running joke on the short-lived sitcom "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" and also it was in the news for some ugly xenophobic behavior

this youtube link does a good job explaining both: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RM3ojdmJwt0

mj sure loves podunk, backwater towns don't he? if it's true that he has indeed moved there, uhhhh good luck!

Back