Mon 11 August: MJJCommunity News bulletin included

And doesn't it say something that it claimed the Soul Train Award for best R&B/soul album by a male, a prize that, for all his Grammys, Timberlake has never picked up.)

That is the truth. Robin is a better singer than JT. I love his song "Magic". So, Michael -like. :) And my man Joshua from SYTYCD has some great dreams. One day, he might met MJ. I hope that happens for him. Even though I was shocked that he won, because I wanted Twitch to win, I still am happy for the guy.

The fools over at tmz.com are talking about the lawsuit that Tito is facing.

http://www.tmz.com/page/2/

Tito Not Taking His Brother's Jack-sons Side note: What the hell this title mean? I do not get their joke.

Apparently no one in the ***** family has any money anymore.

Even Tito Jackson is taking money from people and not paying them back, allegedly. A martial arts teacher in Devon, England, is suing Tito for almost $25K, claiming that *****'s older bro still owes him that much bread from almost $40,000 he loaned him earlier this year.

The original loan, says Matt Fiddes, was for T.J. and his family to travel to north Devon to check out some real estate.

Tito couldn't be reached for comment.

TMZ needs to stop hating. They need to be asking why so called "friend" and media whore Matt Fiddles is suing Tito. What does Mike have to do with this? Mike knows wassup regarding these clowns. Fools.

I just read on his website that he is a close friend of Uri Geller. That doesn't help ;-)

Oh hell no. I forgot that he mentioned that before. That is how he met MJ. Fiddles is just there for the exposure. BTW, you sue someone for the money, it doesn't really matter how much it is. That is still a lot of money. If Fiddles do get "paid" from Tito, he is going to have bragging rights. The Jacksons need to start developing some kind of radar called the "B.S. Radar". That way, they know what is really going on.

Last edited:
That is the truth. Robin is a better singer than JT. I love his song "Magic".
Thicke's a better everything than pop fads Timberlake, Usher, Brown, etc. etc., in what he does.

KING OF POP UK TRACKLISTING

Michael’s 50th birthday album UK, which is to be released later this month by Sony BMG, will contain the following tracks:

1. Billie Jean
2. Bad
3. Smooth Criminal
4. Thriller
5. Black Or White
6. Beat It
7. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
8. Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
9. The Way You Make Me Feel
10. Rock With You
11. You Are Not Alone
12. Man In The Mirror
13. Remember The Time
14. Scream
15. You Rock My World
16. They Don’t Care About Us
17. Earth Song

On September 22nd, SonyBMG are also releasing a 3 CD deluxe set that contains rarities. We will bring you more details of this special release later.

---------------------------------------------
ATTORNEYS SEEK FEES IN VIDEOTAPING CASE

Mark Geragos and fellow lawyer Pat Harris are seeking $312,670 in attorney fees from XtraJet former owner Jeffrey Borer and travel agent Cynthia Montgomery. Both have already been awarded more than $20 million in a lawsuit against the charter jet company that secretly videotaped Michael Jackson and his lawyers at that time.

The taping occurred on Novembe. 20, 2003, as an aircraft owned by XtraJet flew Michael Jackson, Geragos and Harris from Las Vegas to Santa Barbara so the singer could surrender in a child molestation case. Geragos, Harris, and Jackson filed an invasion of privacy suit against Borer and XtraJet in November 2003. Michael Jackson dropped out as a plaintiff in April 2005.

Jeffrey Borer and Arvel Jett Reeves, an aircraft mechanic who admitted installing the cameras at Borer's direction, pleaded guilty in March 2006 to a federal conspiracy charge. Borer was sentenced to home detention and fined $10,000. Reeves was sentenced to eight months in prison and six months in a halfway house.

Geragos' and Harris' lawyer Brian Kabateck said in a statement:

"The amount of fees is reasonable given the novelty and difficulty of the questions involved, the skill displayed in presenting the issues, the results obtained, and the experience, reputation and ability of the attorneys employed."

He wants $690 per hour for the 240 hours he claims he spent on the case, or $165,600 for his work alone. A hearing on the issue is scheduled for September 11, 2008.

-------------------------------------------
THE MOTOWN SPECTACULAR SHOW

A TRIBUTE TO MOTOWN’S FAMOUS HIT-MAKERS! THIS BREATHTAKING EVENT CAPTURES THE MAGIC & NOSTALGIA OF YESTERYEAR WITH ALL THE TIMELESS MUSIC EVERYONE LOVES!

COME CELEBRATE HITSVILLE USA , FEATURING SPECIAL GUESTS: THE DANCING MACHINE REVIEW - TRIBUTE TO THE JACKSON 5

Saturday, September 6, 2008 8:00 PM

Tempe Center for the Arts
700 W. Rio Salado Pkwy
Tempe, AZ 85281

http://www.tempe.gov/tca/

Tickets $30 ($5 Senior & Student Discount)
GROUP RATES FOR PARTIES OF 6 OR MORE - JUST $20 PER TICKET!
*(price does not include service fees)*

Call to reserve Tickets Now! 480-350-2822

-------------------------------------------
CADMAN’S & CHAFFIN’S NEW WEBSITE – CORRECTED

Chris Cadman, one of the authers of the books 'For the Record' and 'Michael Jackson: The Solo Years' and Christina Chaffin have gotten together to bring you a wonderful new website called 'The Michael Jackson Archives'. Idea and creation of the content is by Chris Cadman, design by Christina Chaffin.

The new site combines countless headlines, articles, reviews, interviews and clippings about Michael from 1967 to the present. It is an amazing collection and a true tribute to the King of Pop!

Click on the link below to preview the website:-
http://www.the-michael-jackson-archives.com/

-----------------------------------------
MICHAEL JACKSON INSPIRES BROADWAY STAR CHESTER GREGORY

Gary native and Broadway star Chester Gregory has a hectic schedule these days. Having recently released his debut album 'In Search of High Love,' the actor, singer and songwriter is way into rehearsals for the upcoming Broadway show 'Shrek the Musical!'.

Speaking by phone from Seattle, where he is rehearsing for his role as ‘Donkey’ in 'Shrek', he said that watching legendary entertainers such as Gregory Hines, Sammy Davis Jr. and his all-time favorite Michael Jackson have been major influences on his career decision.

"They inspired me to become a performer. And just seeing Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' video kind of did for me."

Gregory went on to say that although he has never seen Michael Jackson perform live, it was an honour to be in his presence when Michael returned back home to Gary in 2003 to receive the key to the city. Gregory sang during a special tribute:

"He gave me a standing ovation," Gregory said, adding he was happy to be a part of the event.

Gregory has starred in a number of Broadway shows, including 'Hairspray,' 'Cry Baby', and 'Tarzan' and wowing theater fans as the star of 'The Jackie Wilson Story' musical.

-----------------------------------------
JOSHUA ALLEN WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH MJ

The Texan Joshua Alen (19) was the winner of season 4 of the US talent show 'So You Think You Can Dance'. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly he was asked whether he would like to go on tour with famous musicians - like a lot of the past winners of the show:

“I want to work with Michael Jackson. I would love to work with Omarion, Chris Brown, Usher. I love Ludacris; he's one of my favorite rappers. Lil Wayne is another one of my favorite rappers. And I would love to do tracks with them. I don't want to be in the background! I want to be in the front!”

-------------------------------------
MICHAEL JACKSON 50 BY DESI MASTI IN LEICESTER (UK)

Date: Friday 29 August 2008
Times:
Location: Peepul Centre, Orchardson Avenue, Leicester, LE4 6DP

A dance, live music and live singing tribute to Michael Jackson. Some of the best MJ moves by an excellent troop of dancers backed up by some amazing vocal talent and great music. This will be a concert show which will have everybody dancing.

Some of the most classic songs of all time will appear in this show spanning the career of Michael Jackson including works from

The Jackson 5
The Jacksons
Off The Wall
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
HIStory
Blood On The Dancefloor
Invincible

Music will be played by member of Free Fall Felix. Vocal Director Bizzi Dixon is working with some talented vocalists to bring live Michael Jackson's music!

As we continue to make preparations for Michael Jackson 50 we can confirm that the venue, Peepul Centre, is planning to theme itself as Neverland for the show weekend.

The weekend will include -
- Fairground rides, games and attractions
- King Of Pop's Banquet Hall with Michael Jackson named cuisine - complete with waiters dressed as the Jackson 5!
- A bar serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic Michael Jackson named cocktails - come and buy a Smooth Criminal or Liberian Girl
- Stalls serving sweets, ice-cream, candy floss and much much more.

This attraction is open to all the public - even people who can't come to watch the show.

Please note that tickets are for the Michael Jackson 50 show only - entry to Peepul Centre's Neverland is free though a fee is payable for some attractions.

Click on the link below to purchase tickets:-
https://www.chillitickets.com/product/chillitickets/aim_main/MJ290808/.htm

Stiller fires on Hollywood
Digs at the ‘art’ of stardom, wrapped in a war movie
By Gary Thompson
Philadelphia Daily News

Daily News Film Critic

IF THE New Yorker's Obama cover had folks fired up, Robert Downey Jr.'s turn in "Tropic Thunder" might cause actual spontaneous combustion.

Downey plays a vainglorious, Oscar-endowed method actor so determined to get under the skin of his latest character, a black man, he has his pigment medically ebonized. Kind of a reverse Michael Jackson.

He also sports an Afro wig and Walt Frazier sideburns suited to his character's biography - platoon leader in the Vietnam War.

This is a war not known for generating movie comedies, and maybe that's why "Tropic Thunder's" opening scene is so disconcerting - one soldier tending to another as a jet of blood spurts from his head. The volume of blood is meant to be farcical, but even as a joke it feels tactless, and you wonder how it could possibly be softened by context.

Writer-director Ben Stiller eventually pulls back to show us what he's up to. It's a big-budget movie set, full of overpaid and generally bad actors doing an appalling job of bringing substance to material beyond their grasp and ability.

Everything is going wrong - the spurting blood, the "controlled" explosions, and the director (Steve Coogan) has lost control of his all-star cast. Downey's decorated method actor is openly disgusted with his co-stars - an overmatched action star (Stiller), a fart-movie comedian (Jack Black) and a rap performer whose stage name is Alpa Chino (Brandon T. Jackson). What's more, an angry studio exec (a showy Tom Cruise with fat padding and a fake bald spot) is threatening to pull the plug.

The desperate director decides to abandon the big-budget approach and go guerilla, taking his pampered cast and a few hand-held cameras into the jungle, where they encounter (oops) real narco guerillas - whom the clueless actors initially mistake as extras.

"Tropic Thunder" plays this situation for slapstick laughs, and gets a few. The bigger laughs, though, come from Stiller's more ambitious ideas - an acid satire of moviemaking hubris, especially where it intersects with biography/history.

Stiller has said the idea for "Tropic Thunder" has been germinating since the '80s, when as a young actor he had to listen to colleagues talk about the life-altering experience of attending combat boot camp.

Stiller attacks the self-serving insularity of this attitude, and comes close in "Tropic Thunder" to suggesting that any attempt to make a movie about war is morally obscene (the apparent meaning of that opening sequence).

He doesn't really follow through with the idea, though, and the movie's wavering courage makes for wildly uneven experience - the highs are high, the lows low. Black's turn as a heroin-addicted actor going through withdrawal, for instance, never gets going.

The funniest stuff comes in Stiller's informed, caustic commentary (he co-wrote it with actor Justin Theroux) about the big-time actor's "art." When the movie hits, it hits hard - as when Downey's character explains the nuances of playing a mentally challenged man to the lunkheaded action star, who is trying to bounce back from the career disaster of "Simple Jack," a movie about a slow-witted farm boy who can talk to animals. His observations about the difference between "Forrest Gump" and "I Am Sam" are priceless.

And Downey's neo-minstrel show is improbably funny - although it works because Jackson's honest-to-goodness black man is on hand to be consistently (and hilariously) offended by the impersonation, relieving audiences of the need to fill that role.

Here again, Stiller is on to something. In an age when self-reverence has made the Oscars all but unwatchable, Stiller pokes a sharp stick at Hollywood pomposity, with the precision of a guy who knows where to aim. *

Produced by Stuart Cornfeld, Ben Stiller, Eric McLeod, directed by Ben Stiller, written by Ben Stiller, Justin Theroux, music by Theodore Shapiro.

Last edited:
Back