Mon 11 August: MJJCommunity News bulletin included

L.J

Proud Member
G'day Folks!

Welcome to a new week at MJJC :flowers:

Michael Jackson News:

Check back later eh? :D

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

.... To varying degrees, that much was evident in the plush grooves and silken melodies of his 2006 breakthrough "The Evolution of Robin Thicke," a work that owes as much to the heady soundscapes of D'Angelo (whose sultry "Brown Sugar" was covered during Thicke's encore here) as it does the slick sheen of primo Michael Jackson. (And doesn't it say something that it claimed the Soul Train Award for best R&B/soul album by a male, a prize that, for all his Grammys, Timberlake has never picked up.)

Full Article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christopher now ready to step up from role in supporting cast

Bryn was brought up by his mother and maternal grandmother and was teased at school until he joined a youth theatre company at the age of 12 and started to discover the kind of pop music that inspired him – Alicia Keys, Michael Jackson and others.

FULL Article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Give me a C-H-I-N-A

Cheerleaders make Olympic debut in Beijing

Welcome to women's beach volleyball and the match between the Chinese - Wang Jie and Tian Jia - and Belgians Liesbeth Mouha and Liesbet van Breedam. When the dance routine ends, the cheerleaders form an honour guard as the officials are introduced. They are all men in below-the-knee boarder shorts, T-shirts and hats.
At the breaks, the bouncy, bare-footed cheerleaders are back - sans skirts - and groovin' along with the crowd, to old pop hits ranging from Ricky Martin to Michael Jackson and, of course, the Beach Boys.

Full Article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Mandatory Metallica' to Launch August 16 on XM

"Mandatory Metallica" is the latest limited run artist-branded channel to be offered by XM, which have included Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, George Strait, Coldplay and Kenny Chesney.

FULL Article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cook, ’Idol’ cohorts give lukewarm performances

“Idol” winner Cook closed things out with grunge-by-numbers songs, letting the crowd know what Lionel Richie’s “Hello” and Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” would have sounded like if Metallica wrote them.

Full Article

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1969 - Diana Ross invited 350 guests to a Beverly Hills club to see the newest Motown act, The Jackson 5.

1992 - Michael Jackson's single "Jam" was released.

MJJCommunity Weekly News Bulletin:

Forum Technical Issues

Hey guys yes we are having issues with the forum at the moment and we do apologise deeply. If you happen to get a Database Error pop up please try and tell us in this thread --->
topichot.gif
Forum Technical Issues when it occurred for you so that we can get this issue sorted. Thanks in advance :flowers:

Thrill and Chill Weekend Cancelled

Yes it has been cancelled sadly. Please note however that there will still be an afterparty to be held after the Thriller Live Shows so stay tuned for updates on that :)
You can read about the cancellation here: Major Announcement Thrill N' Chill Event!!! Cancelled:

Customise your Profile page!!

Some of you clever peoples have already caught onto the option but if you haven't already... well check it out now :wild:
You can go to your User CP and click in the lefthand column "Customize My Profile" and you can make it the colours that YOU want :kickass2:

Check Mine out for an example: L.J> COLOUR CODE LINK

Also you may have notice BB Code has been turned on to make those smilies appear in your profile messages :)

MJJCommunity Birthdays:

Happy Birthday to the following people!
hola.gif

Monday 11th - sexykiss78 (30), Woo (26), MJsunshine (24), Christine_MJLover (20)

Tuesday 12th -
beaniesmom (56), berner74 (53), islander79 (29), Staffordshire Bullterrier (26), gunner4life (21), GABY TWYMMF (18)

Wednesday 13th -
Goten (79), Janey (48), tata (40), music.n81 (27), mich (26), babeofmetal (25), crismjj (25)

Thursday 14th -
toogsk8shop (35), eriks (33), Gadget (31), MysteryFCM (27), CaptainEo (27), mana (22), Alimay (18), Magdalene (16)

Friday 15th - jokolenono (28), eevis (27), Summer.Dreams (17)

Saturday 16th - Dani_Michaels_Angel (25)

Sunday 17th - spanishgurlz1, TheChosenOne (38), cass (37), Jona (27), eefje (24), Crying soul (23), Gravedancer (23), Dark_Daryl (21), gemma740 (20)

Re: Mon 8th August: MJJCommunity News bulletin included

Happy b-day evervyone!

Too bad about the thrill-chill event. I'm sure it would've been fun.

Re: Mon 8th August: MJJCommunity News bulletin included

I have some news for everyone!
Already posted days ago. Check the forum before posting news, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
today in history
411 music presents: This day in music history
posted by dan haggerty on 08.10.2008

on august 10, 1985 michael jackson buys atv music (every beatle song) for $47.5 million. He also gained rights to some elvis songs in the deal. Amongst the people he outbid was paul mccartney and yoko ono.

Ironically, the idea came to jackson while working with mccartney on two hit singles: "the girl is mine" and "say say say" a few years prior. The pair became friendly, occasionally visiting one another. And talking business. Once, mccartney told jackson about the millions of dollars he had made from music catalogs; he was earning approximately $40 million a year from other peoples songs. When the beatles catalog was put up for sale, despite the high price and mccartney's interest, jackson went for the catalog at all cost. Mccartney sought help briefly from yoko ono, but the price tag became to high and she bailed on the deal. After 10 months, no one would beat jackson's bid and the deal was done.

While paul mccartney has vocally objected to jackson double crossing him, it has also been pointed out that he had the resources to outbid jackson if he really wanted to get full rights to the beatles catalog.

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/82419/411-music-presents:-this-day-in-music-history.htm

After years of fund-raising, King High band Beijing-bound today

BY CHASTITY PRATT DAWSEY • FREE PRESS EDUCATION WRITER • August 10,2008
function NewWindow(height,width,url) {window.open(url,"ShowProdWindow","menubars=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height="+height+",width="+width); }
If the 80 Detroit teens leaving today to perform during the Olympics in China are feeling the pressure to positively represent the United States and their embattled city, they're not letting on.

If the 80 Detroit teens leaving today to perform during the Olympics in China are feeling the pressure to positively represent the United States and their embattled city, they're not letting on.

"We'll do fine," Rio Cain, 17, a senior and trombone player in the King High School band, said after one of the grueling 5-hour practices in the weeks leading up to the trip. "We're doing Michael Jackson. They love Michael Jackson."

The confidence belies the hard work that went into more than a year's worth of preparations -- starting with the raising of more than $470,000 to get the students and 20 chaperones to China for performances in Beijing, at the Great Wall and at a high school in the city of Shijiazhuang.
But now that area residents, businesses and community organizations have helped raise the money, and parents and volunteers have put on the finishing touches for today's departure, the realities -- and the new pressures -- facing the band are sinking in.

The Crusaders band is believed to be the only urban American student group performing during the Summer Olympics, which formally opened Friday in Beijing. They will represent Detroit at a time when Detroit Public Schools has been cast in the national spotlight for having the lowest graduation rate in the United States, and Michigan is leading the country in unemployment and home foreclosure rates.

And their trip comes as more music teachers are being laid off this year and fewer than half of the district's high schools have a band.
The students know what the trip means but try not to let on that pressure is mounting.

"We'll both have a chance to learn from each other," band assistant Darin Smith, 19, said, referring to the band and the Beijing audiences.

The usually soft-spoken band leader Victoria Miller singled out individual trumpets, percussions and tubas that were throwing off the harmony of "Abrams Pursuit" in one of the final practices.
"It has to be perfect!" she said, raising her eyebrows at a trumpeter who struggled through a squeaky solo. "We have to look good."
Sense of community prideThe students in the King band grew a new sense of confidence in raising money for the trip. For nearly a year, they did everything from writing letters and telemarketing to collecting empty bottles and selling water on street corners near the school.

"When we started off, parents thought we couldn't raise the money," said Sara Lawson, 42, whose son Brandon plays percussion. "We had people from some of everywhere -- like a melting pot -- come together for us. This band really gives" the teens "a sense of direction."
The community unites

Last edited:
Joshua Allen Would Love To Work With MJ

(11-8-2008) The Texan Joshua Alen (19) was the winner of season 4 of the US talent show 'So You Think You Can Dance'. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly he was asked whether he woudl like to go on tour with famous musicians - like a lot of the past winners of the show:

I want to work with Michael Jackson. I would love to work with Omarion, Chris Brown, Usher. I love Ludacris; he's one of my favorite rappers. Lil Wayne is another one of my favorite rappers. And I would love to do tracks with them. I don't want to be in the background! I want to be in the front!

Source: EW.com

Michael Jackson Inspires Broadway Star Chester Gregory

(11-8-2008) Gary native and Broadway star Chester Gregory has a hectic schedule these days. Having recently released his debut album 'In Search of High Love,' the actor, singer and songwriter is way into rehearsals for the upcoming Broadway show 'Shrek the Musical!'.

Speaking by phone from Seattle, where he is rehearsing for his role as ‘Donkey’ in 'Shrek', he said that watching legendary entertainers such as Gregory Hines, Sammy Davis Jr. and his all-time favorite Michael Jackson have been major influences on his career decision.

"They inspired me to become a performer. And just seeing Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' video kind of did for me."

Gregory went on to say that although he has never seen Michael Jackson perform live, it was an honour to be in his presence when Michael returned back home to Gary in 2003 to receive the key to the city. Gregory sang during a special tribute:

"He gave me a standing ovation," Gregory said, adding he was happy to be a part of the event.

Gregory has starred in a number of Broadway shows, including 'Hairspray,' 'Cry Baby', and 'Tarzan' and wowing theater fans as the star of 'The Jackie Wilson Story' musical.

Source: nwtimes.com

New Halstead & Cadman Website

(11-08-08) Craig Halstead and Chris Cadman, the co-authers of the books 'For the Record' and 'Michael Jackson: The Solo Years' (just to name two; for further information please visit our HIStory / Books / Books About MJ page) have now gotten together to bring you a wonderful new website called 'The Michael Jackson Archives'.

The new site combines countless headlines, articles, reviews, interviews and clippings about Michael from 1967 to the present. It is an amazing collection and a true tribute to the King of Pop!

For a peak at the new website click here.

Source: michael-jackson-archives.com

motown_flyer.jpg

The Motown Spectacular Show

(11-8-2008) A TRIBUTE TO MOTOWNʼS FAMOUS HIT-MAKERS! THIS BREATHTAKING EVENT CAPTURES THE MAGIC & NOSTALGIA OF YESTERYEAR WITH ALL THE TIMELESS MUSIC EVERYONE LOVES!

COME CELEBRATE HITSVILLE USA , FEATURING SPECIAL GUESTS: THE DANCING MACHINE REVIEW - TRIBUTE TO THE JACKSON 5

Saturday, September 6, 2008 8:00 PM

Tempe Center for the Arts
700 W. Rio Salado Pkwy
Tempe, AZ 85281

http://www.tempe.gov/tca/

Last edited:
I want to work with Michael Jackson. I would love to work with Omarion, Chris Brown, Usher. I love Ludacris; he's one of my favorite rappers. Lil Wayne is another one of my favorite rappers. And I would love to do tracks with them. I don't want to be in the background! I want to be in the front!

Cocky little sucker. Don't worry kid, you'll find out soon enough that you're common.

And Paul McCartney is just one of the soreist losers I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Attorneys Seek Fees In Videotaping Case

(11-8-2008) Mark Geragos and fellow lawyer Pat Harris are seeking $312,670 in attorney fees from XtraJet former owner Jeffrey Borer and travel agent Cynthia Montgomery. Both have already been awarded more than $20 million in a lawsuit against the charter jet company that secretly videotaped Michael Jackson and his lawyers at that time.

The taping occurred on Novembe. 20, 2003, as an aircraft owned by XtraJet flew Michael Jackson, Geragos and Harris from Las Vegas to Santa Barbara so the singer could surrender in a child molestation case. Geragos, Harris, and Jackson filed an invasion of privacy suit against Borer and XtraJet in November 2003. Michael Jackson dropped out as a plaintiff in April 2005.

Jeffrey Borer and Arvel Jett Reeves, an aircraft mechanic who admitted installing the cameras at Borer's direction, pleaded guilty in March 2006 to a federal conspiracy charge. Borer was sentenced to home detention and fined $10,000. Reeves was sentenced to eight months in prison and six months in a halfway house.

Geragos' and Harris' lawyer Brian Kabateck said in a statement:

"The amount of fees is reasonable given the novelty and difficulty of the questions involved, the skill displayed in presenting the issues, the results obtained, and the experience, reputation and ability of the attorneys employed."

He wants $690 per hour for the 240 hours he claims he spent on the case, or $165,600 for his work alone. A hearing on the issue is scheduled for September 11, 2008.

Source: Daily News Los Angeles

got this info off MaximJackson website... thanks for the info.........

August 10th, 2008: Official Michael Jackson Mobile in Japan

EcBizz & Soft Bank will release an official Michael Jackson Mobile in Japan on August 29, 2008 - as part of the "Michael Jackson 50" campaign.

3 versions of the mobile will be available.

Exclusive Michael Jackson pictures and videos wil be available on the Coraboruta website.

Kingofpop.jp announces that selected videos from the following live concerts will be available for download:

BAD JAPAN TOUR Live at Yokohama Stadium 1987
HIStory WORLD TOUR IN BUCHAREST, ROMANIA 1996
HIStory WORLD TOUR IN GERMANY 1997
HIStory WORLD TOUR IN SWEDE 1997
HIStory WORLD TOUR IN COPENHAGEN DENMARK 1997
The Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Fan Award and more...

mjdnews1076.jpg

mjdnews1077.jpg

mjdnews1078.jpg

http://kingofpop.jp/pc/

http://mjdatabank.com/english_versio...in_current.htm

http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=4082
http://www.coraboruta.co.jp/plan/?p=...FRMJewoddC7c3A

:bugeyed^^^^so f***ing AAAAAAAWWWWESOME!!!

....PHONE.NEED.MJ.PHONE.SO.COOL.SO.AWESOME.NEED.PLEASE:bugeyed

ummm??? something is fishy but I will wait for the facts...

Family friend to sue Tito Jackson

_44913088_tito_jackson226.jpg
Tito Jackson and other family members were looking at homes in Devon

Tito Jackson, the brother of superstar Michael, is being taken to court by a family friend over an alleged debt.
The action is being taken by martial arts school owner Matt Fiddes, from Barnstaple, Devon.
The £12,051 claim, filed in Carlisle county court, is said to be the balance of a loan of £20,551 made to Mr Jackson, 55, earlier this year.

Mr Fiddes claims the loan was to pay for flights and expenses for a visit and television programme in the UK.

Mr Jackson, with other family members, also visited north Devon to look at the possibility of buying a home there.
Mr Fiddes' solicitor, Nicholas Richards, from Carlisle, said the claim had been issued in the town's county court.
"The presumption is it will lead to a trial unless there is a court settlement along the way," he said.
_44913089_michael_226.jpg
Mr Fiddes helped bring superstar Michael Jackson to Exeter in 2002

Mr Fiddes said he had built a close and personal relationship with the Jackson family over the past 10 years after working as Michael's bodyguard.

"I have not filed the lawsuit proceedings for the money, it is more about the respect and principle of the matter," Mr Fiddes said. In 2002, Mr Fiddes was believed to be instrumental in bringing Michael Jackson to Devon to take part in an event at Exeter City's home ground St James' Park attended by thousands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/devon/7554765.stm

surprised it took that long lol

Mr Fiddes helped bring superstar Michael Jackson to Exeter in 2002
talk about delusions of grandeur lol

I don't know much about Matt Fiddes, but if he was in it for the money.... £12,051???? That's not an amount that settles you for life. He's not suing for millions guys.

On the other hand... I just read on his website that he is a close friend of Uri Geller. That doesn't help ;-)

Last edited:
Oh, but it IS about the money. When it comes to the Jacksons, it's always about the money.

yes...since when is a lawsuit EVER not filed for the money?? since NEVER. and yes..there is this pattern..this long line of people who say they have become close knit to Michael Jackson..and then they smell the money....that name Jackson..then...smell the money...

Last edited:
the guys a media whore. theres enough fans who could tell you about their experiences with him. the fact he acts like hes best buddies with any jackson going and talked B.S to papers making claims about what he had done with mj pretty much tells you where this guy was going. its just a shame the jacksons dont bother to seem to do research on ppl before they get involved with them. if this lawsuit means the "friendships" end then every cloud has a silver lining.

the guys a media whore. theres enough fans who could tell you about their experiences with him. the fact he acts like hes best buddies with any jackson going and talked B.S to papers making claims about what he had done with mj pretty much tells you where this guy was going. its just a shame the jacksons dont bother to seem to do research on ppl before they get involved with them. if this lawsuit means the "friendships" end then every cloud has a silver lining.
The guy is right. It is not about the small change. It is really about promising to bring MICHAEL JACKSON to Devon and hand him top Channel 4. The guy was in negotiation with channel 4 to bring all the Jacksons to Devon, Michael Jackson included. Seems as if he was hoping that Tito would deliver and he did not. All they got was a phone call.
I very much doubt that Tito would have borrowed money fron the guy to bring Jackie and his son to Devon. More than likely it was part of a deal with Channel 4, who had exclusive rights to all things Jackson down in Devon. Exclusive rights means money.
The only reasons why ch4 would have got involved was if Michael was part of the deal, well they didn't get him. Tito didn't deliver and ch4 refused to pay. Now Tito get sued. I knew this boy was trouble but some fans thought I was over reacting.
In anycase, it has only been 2 months since the Jacksons came to devon, so seems that court proceedings was filed before Tito had time to send the money,.

Last edited:
In anycase, it has only been 2 months since the Jacksons came to devon, so seems that court proceedings was filed before Tito had time to send the money,.

Dats, you make some fine points and I was also thinking about how quickly Matt filed this lawsuit. It was quick, very quick. I don't believe it's about the money either.

I mean, it doesn't even sound like a lot of money (how much is that in U.S. dollars). When this whole thing first hit the press, this guy was making ALL types of promises. I think the guy thought he would be getting some air time for himself on that Jackson reality program and when that didn't pan out, he took the lawsuit route, which will garner him a "little" press attention.

I also agree with elusive, there could be a silver lining in this whole thing!

this was posted on another board from a poster that seems to know the deal interms of matt. sounds pretty logical to me.from day one is always been about fiddes using the jacksons to promote himself and his buisness by making false claims about his involvement with them and becoming a local celebrity in his area

What it comes down to is that Tito prevented Matt from promoting his business through the program. Things really kicked off over that. Of course this lawsuit is great promotion for him. I'm not saying Tito doesn't owe him, I don't know, but Matt was an absolute arsehole and scam artist though most of it from what I witnessed.

Last edited:
this was posted on another board from a poster that seems to know the deal interms of matt. sounds pretty logical to me.from day one is always been about fiddes using the jacksons to promote himself and his buisness by making false claims about his involvement with them and becoming a local celebrity in his area

Elusive, You and I smelt the stank from a mile off. I hope Tito settle it with him before it gets to court so that he doesnt get the publicity he needs.
I noticed he took a back seat at the party. It was obvious that something was up.

Last edited:
Back