MJ's Superbowl performance No.1 at FOX Sports Top halftime shows

Michael Jackson is the man who made the Superbowl half-time show important.........

Nobody really cared for them before Michael showed up...........

And to be honest, all the later Superbowl performances have failed to capture the thrill and the excitement that Michael's performance was!!!!!

Michael was the first one to do half time show? I always thought it was common thing to have somebody perform during half time.

Michael was the first one to do half time show? I always thought it was common thing to have somebody perform during half time.

he was the first celebrity. there were other shows, but they didn't have celebrities, until he came along.

he was the first celebrity. there were other shows, but they didn't have celebrities, until he came along.

That just shows how Michael changed everything. The way music is promoted, the way videos are made etc and now this. It seems like a big deal for an artist to be involved in the superbowl.

and Michael still holds the record of most watched Super Bowl half time show (with 45.5 rating). Black Eyed Peas (this year) has became the second most watched halftime show (with 44.7 rating)

Makes me wanna cry because there will never be anyone almost as talented or as loving as him.

This is one of my fave memories of being a fan... I remember having to wait up for this pretty late in the UK when it was live :happy: I love it! :heart:

Yeah, this is one of my highlights as a fan too, it just blew me away, worth every minute, waiting for that half time performance.

If MJ was alive, they would not have him at #1

Unfortunately, i have to agree with this.They would have not mentioned him at all let alone put him on the list.

on a ratings number base - he's number 1. so it would be hard to not mention him.

and Michael still holds the record of most watched Super Bowl half time show (with 45.5 rating). Black Eyed Peas (this year) has became the second most watched halftime show (with 44.7 rating)

That's awesome, if only TSN's Top 10 will do the same thing.

My top 5 half time shows are:

1. MJ
2. U2 (Sept. 11th tribute show)
3. The Who (last years show)
4. Aerosmith (not counting Britney or Nsync's involvement)
5. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Back