MJ's Superbowl performance No.1 at FOX Sports Top halftime shows

Club30s

Proud Member
Hi guys

Not sure if this was posted before but I found a VERY positive bit of website news for MJ. At FOX sports MJ's super bowl performance was ranked No.1 !!!! of all time great super bowl halftime shows. This list includes shows like Rolling Stones, U2, Janet's wardrobe malfunction, James Brown, and Prince among others.

I was VERY surprised and happy to see MJ ranked No. 1 on its own without any polls. I think they (or whowever put this together) defintely need a praise worthy comment or two from us fans.

Here is the link. MJ is at No.1 ;)

enjoy!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/...itle=Aerosmith, Super Bowl XXXV&photo=8442692

another one from Spin with MJ also on top

Another one from Spin with

http://www.spin.com/articles/5-best-super-bowl-halftime-shows-ever

P.S Mods if this has been posted before you may merge or delete at your discretion.

Last edited:
No surprise there, MJ's performance was kick-ass!

Good news. That performance is legendary and was the best choice. I will write a positive comment once I figure out where it goes.

Last edited:
bout time Michael starts getting some of the recognition he deserves,......thank you for posting..:)

Last edited:
Isn't Mj performance on the superbowl the most watch of all time with over 100 million viewers

yeah, and it was either the first time or the only time (don't remember) in Supebowl history when more people watched the halftime show than the actual game.

This is one of my fave memories of being a fan... I remember having to wait up for this pretty late in the UK when it was live :happy: I love it! :heart:

One of the only times I every watched the Superbowl! I have no interest in the Superbowl, and now I probably never will, since Michael can't perform there again....Football bores me.

It was simply amazing, I mean, a half time performance getting more people watching it than the Superbowl itself is a feat that I don't think has been ever achieved by anyone else, correct me if I'm wrong here guys. Simply amazing!

I'm actually watching Michael's Superbowl performance as we speak but yeah totally legendary performance.

I have to admit I am a bit surprised only because how the media treats Michael. I am not into football at all but gladly will watch Michael. More people actually watched Michael's half time show than the actual game? I do think he set the bar about superbowl performances though. After that everyone seems to do or try to big things.

If MJ was alive, they would not have him at #1

I was watching his Superbowl performance on youtube earlier today and was really blown away. Admittedly, at the time I really didn't pay much attention but looking at it now I have a whole new appreciation for what he did.

Rightfully deserved. Great news.

I watched the entire performance on youtube a few months ago for the first time in a long time. I was so incredibly overhwhelmed and in awe of the whole thing that I began to cry. ha. I think it was moreso because the performance was FANTASTIC and because it really hit me that I would never get to have that experience of seeing him live. It also hit home because it was a few months before I was born!

During one of these upcoming Superbowls in the future, they should pitch the live performances and show Michael's performance instead. :D I don't think too many people would mind.

Michael Is #1 because
a) He had the most viewers watch his performnace
b)He was the only performer to have the whole arena involved
c)nobody else has been Anticipated at that time like him he set the stage for performers to come
d)Crowd Participation

I love this performance, especially his warm words before HTW. Makes me have goosebumps every time I listen to it.

Michael Jackson 1993 Superbowl Half time Show Full

:wub:
souldreamer7

Fox finally got something right. no matter how they might have arrived to the conclusion. and, Sophielo, you are correct.

he was the first celebrity to do the halftime show. before him, it was marching bands and novelty acts. and as a not surprising result, due to the global reaction, it's been celebrities, ever since, doing the halftime shows of successive superbowls. naturally another first for Michael. and a top notch successful first, as usual.

Last edited:
Too much of epicness.
addemoticons1217.gif

Back