MJ's Music On Glee Episode: All rumours here (Merged)

Re: RUMOR: MJ's Music On Glee

There are quite a lot Michael's songs that they could sing. Like, someone could leave someone on the show and they could sing "She's Out Of My Life". Or someone could fall in love and sing "The Way You Make Me Feel". There are a lot of songs they could do. They could use "Dangerous" for a dancing number. I hope this rumour turns out to be true.

I've just finished watching the first season and considering they did so many classics like The Beatles, Madonna, the Doors, Queen, I was surprised there was not a single MJ song. I guess they thought it would be too soon for that and decided to wait a bit.

She certaintly deserves one before Britney who is just a b-rate version of Janet anyway.

I so agree, my left foot deserves one more than Twitney, I really don't get why she's still around she couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag

well janet was one of the option on glee's website for which star to have an episode dedicated to but britney won it by 80 percent i believe, prince was also an option, but the viewers are mostly teenagers and are not familar with prince, and janet as they are with britney, b/c they are older star from the 80's and 90's

I thought Glee was about music, but now they have Britney as well as Madonna. I hear some of the cast is not too pleased about Britney.

Janet, hm.

Re: Glee to Make Michael Jackson Special?

I would like to see Glee do an MJ Tribute.

Last edited by a moderator:

They will butcher his greatest hits.

I just hope they dont do it they will make a mess of Michaels songs.

I'm only happy with this because it make younger people knows more of his songs? don't know about the audience of it, don't really care. Hope they sing more than billie jean and beat it if they do.
Besides that, i don't like the show :D

I've deleted some posts. My apologies.... I had merged the new artical that Rockstar had posted into this thread without fully reading it myself.

Being he said close _ My bet is on Jackson5 _ tremendous amount of great song choices :)

I like glee but not sure how they will treat these songs without coming off corny.
It would be a great way to get the music out there as Glee is very popular with
this generation who may not be familiar.

Good song for Glee would be "CAN YOU FEEL IT" :)

I know I posted before on this thread.:glare: I keep reading that "it'll be good for the younger generation to learn about MJ" by watching Glee. I've said it before...then why can't they watch the real thing?? Why does it have to come from something like:pth: Glee?:smilerolleyes: Let them be shown MICHAEL JACKSON. Simple as that.:mello: I hate it when people remake songs horribly..and then years later someone finds out that there was the better and origional version! Am I alone on this? This is just one of my huge pet peeves. I'm normally laid back, but this is just so irritating! Hope no one gets affended. Hope some of you just try to see where I am coming from.

So in a nutshell, I think this is a stupid and bad idea.:burstbubble
Please don't hate me. I'll cry.:D

I know I posted before on this thread.:glare: I keep reading that "it'll be good for the younger generation to learn about MJ" by watching Glee. I've said it before...then why can't they watch the real thing?? Why does it have to come from something like:pth: Glee?:smilerolleyes: Let them be shown MICHAEL JACKSON. Simple as that.:mello: I hate it when people remake songs horribly..and then years later someone finds out that there was the better and origional version! Am I alone on this? This is just one of my huge pet peeves. I'm normally laid back, but this is just so irritating! Hope no one gets affended. Hope some of you just try to see where I am coming from.

So in a nutshell, I think this is a stupid and bad idea.:burstbubble
Please don't hate me. I'll cry.:D

hahaha. no one hates u luv. i completely get what they're saying but i still think that there are people who AREN'T gonna go and make an EFFORT to c mj. if they aren't aware of his talent and his impact then they aren't going to want to watch someone from x years ago. i think hopefully things like this will at least 'raise awareness' about mj and hopefully that will b enough to make them take the first step into WANTING to know more about him. at least they'll hav a background on him so the next time they do c REAL mj clips they'll mayb pay some attention.
on the other hand.. ur totally right. i'd hate to think that they see these imitations and think ' oh thats not that great' when the real mj was 100 times better.

I love this show, so I hope this happens.

Adam Shankman

*Choreographer Adam Shankman, currently a judge on Fox’s “So You Think You Can Dance,” has hinted that a Michael Jackson episode of “Glee” is in the works with him in the director’s chair.

The show’s executive producers announced at the Television Critics Association press tour that Shankman will definitely direct an upcoming episode of the Fox series, but they were tightlipped on the episode’s theme.

A tweet from Ryan Seacrest, however, spilled the beans.

“Just talked to Adam Shankman from SYTYCD and got a pretty heavy hint that he’s directing the MJ episode of Glee!” the “American Idol” host posted on his Twitter page.

So far, Britney Spears is the only confirmed artist getting the full “Glee” treatment in season 2.
http://www.eurweb.com/?p=41783&utm_...ankman-behind-glee-tribute-to-michael-jackson

SYTYCD's Adam Shankman on Directing Glee: "IT'S NOT THE EPISODE EVERYBODY THINKS IT IS"

"I can't say [which episode I'll be directing]," Adam told us backstage last night after the SYTYCD semifinal, "but it's not the thing everybody thinks it is."

Yesterday, Ryan Seacrest tweeted that he "got a pretty heavy hint" from Adam "that he's directing the MJ episode." "All I went was 'hee hee' in Michael Jackson's voice," Adam told us. "I didn't say yes I was doing the Michael Jackson episode.

"I literally sent an email to Ryan Murphy saying I had nothing to do with" the Michael Jackson reports, Adam told us. "The details are not all in—I don't even know if the music is all chosen for the episode."

"I told Ryan the episodes I respond to the best were the ones that pack an emotional wallop. He came up with the idea for the one that he wants me to do."

About the Glee cast, Adam says, "I absolutely adore them. They're all really crazy big fans of So You Think You Can Dance and they were at the Step Up premiere, all of them."

"But I'll tell you who I'm dying to work with: Jane Lynch."

Read more: http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...shankman_on_directing_glee.html#ixzz0vyw1wEWi

'Glee' Cast Muses Over An All-Michael Jackson Episode

By George Loomis

The good folks at “Glee” have already given us doses of pop icons Madonna and Lady Gaga, and Britney Spears is up next in season 2. So, many would argue it’s only fair that the following episode dedication go to the man who invented pop in the first place. You heard me: the next big name in music to get the “Glee” treatment could be … Michael Jackson.

“That would be pretty cool,” Matthew Morrison (aka Will Schuester) exclaimed, addressing the rumors that an MJ episode is being planned. “He is probably the best and most iconic performer in the history of music,” he added.

And Matthew wasn’t the only “Glee” star we asked about MJ last night at the Teen Choice Awards. Jenna Ushkowitz — known by Gleeks as Tina Cohen-Chang — agreed that, though a challenge, portraying Michael Jackson on the show would be incredible. “That’s a scary, scary episode to do,” she told MTV News. “[But] that would be absolutely amazing.”

As for having “So You Think You Can Dance” judge Adam Shankman onboard to helm at least one episode, Tina affirmed how pleased the cast is to watch Adam take charge. “We’re so excited to have Adam. He’s incredible,” she declared. “The more dance episodes we have, the better.” Tina’s pick for a potential Adam-directed MJ episode? “‘Beat it,’” she said, like it was a no-brainer.

“Hey, I would love to do a Michael Jackson episode,” resident showstopper Amber Riley (Mercedes) chimed in. Asked which Michael numbers she wouldn’t want left out, she clarified, “You know, it’s so many, but my favorite song by him is ‘Human Nature.’ I love that song.”

“All I know is I should be able to do some Michael, please,” star dancer Harry Shum Jr. (Mike) begged. “I’m excited to dive in there and make some magic.” Heather Morris, known for portraying dumb cheerleader Brittany, was equally thrilled by the idea. “I’m excited to see what [show creator] Ryan Murphy could do with ‘Bad.’ Whatever they’re gonna do, it’s gonna be hysterical.”

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/08/09/glee-michael-jackson/

MTV Shows

Re: 'Glee' Cast Muses Over An All-Michael Jackson Episode

I am glad to hear this. I loved the first season of Glee, and I think an MJ episode would be amazing!

Looks like it won't be happening:

Glee' creator Ryan Murphy denied rumors that he is working on a Michael Jackson-themed episode to air February next year. Rumors say that that the episode would be broadcast immediately after the 2011 Super Bowl, the biggest annual TV event in the United States.

Murphy told Ryan Seacrest in the latter's Los Angeles program that he would like to do a Jackson episode. However, he does not have the rights to do so. "At this point it is really hard to clear Michael Jackson music."

Earlier this week, lead star Mathew Morrision, who plays Will Schuester, taught it "would be pretty cool." Morrison added that "he is probably the best and most iconic performer in the history of music." Another 'Glee' star Jenna Ushkowitzas, who portraysTina Cohen-Chang, seconded Morrison but noted that a Michael Jackson episode will be challenging.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/42423/20100811/michael-jackson-glee-mathew-morrison.htm

Disapointing it hear it won't be happening, the Estate are really clamping down on everything now. Well, maybe one day.

Its a pity that the MJ episode will not go ahead I guess the Estate have there reasons,

i think the usual rules don't apply when it comes to MJ. that's why he sold out the o2 like he did. i think there's too much underestimating going on. this board is made up of people like the ones that you think would not make the effort to discover MJ. his magic and magnetism break all the rules.

I must admit I am disappointed. but I trust the Estate, so if they decided not to allow it, they must have good reasons.

Someone on another board said that it wouldn't mean anything if Ryan Murphy denied a thing... Because if he denies taht there'll be an MJ episode this could mean that it's just not a typical tribute episode but his songs could be featured in a different way.

So I really don't wanna give up hope. :)

Britney Spears Will Guest Star on Glee—and Michael Jackson's Music Might Show Up Too!

300.spears.britney.lc.040110.jpg
Fame Pictures
Holy Glee goodness! The busiest man in this here E! building just got some awesome-sauce scoop about Britney Spears and that massive post-Super Bowl episode that we must share...
Britney Spears is going to personally appear on Glee!
"I will give you a little scoop," Glee boss Ryan Murphy just told Ryan Seacrest on his KISS FM show, "which is that Britney will 100% be on the episode, which is exciting. She's going to come and join us and do a couple scenes."
We already knew her music would be featured in an episode for the second season, but this is the first word that Britney herself will guest star on the show.
293.michele.lea.lr.080610.jpg
Jeff Steinberg, PacificCoastNews.com
Can Britney out-Britney Lea Michele and Heather Morris?! We shall see!
Even better? Ryan is clearing up all those rumors about Matthew Morrison shaving off his trademark (magic-elf-hiding) hair for the Britney episode.
"That is false and I'm happy to talk about that," the Glee boss says while also promoting his new film Eat Pray Love. "We are doing a Britney episode and people do have certain expectations because the show is sarcastic. But the Britney episode is so reverential about her, and it's so kind and it's about her music. It's not about her personal life, and I think Britney Spears is essential to pop culture, and I want to say thank you for what you've done, and we're encouraging you to continue to be doing as fantastic as you do. So that's not true. We're handling Britney with kid gloves."
This will be Britney's first TV-series appearance since she snuggled up to Neil Patrick Harris on How I Met Your Mother.
When asked if Britney will play herself, Murphy says: "I don't know yet. The fun thing about the way we're doing [the episode] is all the Britney Spears numbers are fantasies."
Murphy revealed that in the Britney ep, four of the McKinley High students will be put under anesthesia by John Stamos' dentist character and have Britney-like hallucinations.
300.jackson.michael.lc.020410.jpg
Ebet Roberts/Getty Images
As for the post-Super Bowl episode of Glee, Murphy tells Seacrest that he's hoping for a Prince, Michael Jackson or Paul McCartney themed episode—though nothing is set yet. (Murphy recently revealed that McCartney had sent him a "mixed tape" for consideration.)
"I don't have any plans right now to do a Michael Jackson episode. So [Adam Shankman's] not directing that, but he is directing a big, juicy spectacle. I don't have the rights to that, and I think it's really hard to clear Michael Jackson music. I have a list of three dream people who I would love to do after the Super Bowl: I would love to do something about Prince. I think Prince would be amazing. I want to do a Beatles episode. I would love to do a Jackson episode, so one of those three we'll do for the Super Bowl. I don't know which one."
Murphy also told Seacrest he wants "more Gaga" this season, and said this of Carol Burnett playing Sue's mom: "The world's most famous Nazi hunter, so that's going to be awesome. And she returns to Sue because she's caught the last Nazi."
Ryan Seacrest also chatted up Mark Salling (Puck!) and premiered the first single off of Mark's solo album, Pipe Dreams, on KISS FM. The song is called Higher Dreams.

here is link:http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...Michael_Jacksons_Music_Might_Show_Up_Too.html

:yes: britney will be on glee cause she say it on her Twitter :yes:

Sounds like this season of Glee is going to be great. :) I hope that they can eventually get Michael's music cleared, but what about doing a J5 themed episode? Maybe that might be easier to do.

Back