She will say I was the man that got away

Invincible:
Now some way I’ll have to prove all that I said I would do
Giving you everything, fulfilling your fantasy
Then maybe you’ll change your mind and finally give in time
Then I’ll be showing you what other men are supposed to do for you my baby

Those parts are awesome!

MattyJam;3312506 said:
The middle-eight to Heartbreaker is just brilliant and one of the best moments on the album. It's just a shame the rest of the song doesn't match up to that part.

:clapping::agree::clapping::agree:

I also love that part of Heartbreaker. I love the song to begin with; but, that part is simply brilliant.

Actully i dont think Invinceble is underrated, it has been given alot of respect! MJ's most underrated album must be History, hands down.

Invincible is an album which has gotten better over the years, and with more listens.

When I first heard the whole album back in 2002 I felt songs like Heartbreaker, Invincible and Privacy were of poor standard/repetitiveness. Over time I've come to appreciate those tracks more and more.

I fell in love with the other tracks instantly. This album was Michael going back to his RnB (and soul) roots.

-Break of Dawn
-Heaven Can Wait
-Butterflies
-You Rock My World

Just wow. Those four songs in particular are amongst the best of Michael's career in my opinion. The ballads just take me to another place. I remember first hearing 'Speechless' and literally having it on repeat for days.

This masterpiece has been knocked about since the moment it was released, yet it is a beautifully crafted work and a very special album to me as it was the first MJJ album I ever bought.

What Invincible perhaps lacks is true upbeat 'Pop' songs which are woven throughout many of Michael's other albums (Bad, Thriller and some parts of Dangerous in particular). After Michael's naturally aggressive HIStory, Invincible shows a softer, lighter side to Michael that no doubt was influenced by the fathering of his children :) Many of the songs on the album are filled with love.

To each their own, but those having doubts need to have another listen. Invincible really is magic.

Invincible is an album which has gotten better over the years, and with more listens.

When I first heard the whole album back in 2002 I felt songs like Heartbreaker, Invincible and Privacy were of poor standard/repetitiveness. Over time I've come to appreciate those tracks more and more.

I fell in love with the other tracks instantly. This album was Michael going back to his RnB (and soul) roots.

-Break of Dawn
-Heaven Can Wait
-Butterflies
-You Rock My World

Just wow. Those four songs in particular are amongst the best of Michael's career in my opinion. The ballads just take me to another place. I remember first hearing 'Speechless' and literally having it on repeat for days.

This masterpiece has been knocked about since the moment it was released, yet it is a beautifully crafted work and a very special album to me as it was the first MJJ album I ever bought.

What Invincible perhaps lacks is true upbeat 'Pop' songs which are woven throughout many of Michael's other albums (Bad, Thriller and some parts of Dangerous in particular). After Michael's naturally aggressive HIStory, Invincible shows a softer, lighter side to Michael that no doubt was influenced by the fathering of his children :) Many of the songs on the album are filled with love.

To each their own, but those having doubts need to have another listen. Invincible really is magic.

I super agree. Invincible is the only album that is on repeat mode on my CD player. Yes, CD. Mike said CD has the best sound ever where you can hear everything clearly and I read somewhere that he was often mocked for still buying CD in the age of digital music.

I super agree. Invincible is the only album that is on repeat mode on my CD player. Yes, CD. Mike said CD has the best sound ever where you can hear everything clearly and I read somewhere that he was often mocked for still buying CD in the age of digital music.

Good on you :yes:

CD's are all I buy. Never bought a digital song in my life.

All I heard over the course of 1999, 2000 and 2001 were quotes from Rodney Jerkins and others saying that the new music MJ was working on was unbelieveable - the best he'd ever done.

Then Invincible was released.

It's the only MJ album I've listened to on release and thought "that's it?". I always felt the album was lacking something. There's no Stranger in Moscow or Earth Song or Who Is It or Morphine. I was waiting to be blown away. But I wasn't.

Some of the tracks are great. YRMW, Butterflies, Speechless, Whatever Happens, Unbreakable. Even Heartbreaker and Invincible could have been good album tracks if there had been better songs around them. The problem is that (for the first time) there were too many weak tracks on a Michael Jackson album.

The likes of Break of Dawn or Heaven Can Wait are good. That's it. Wonderful vocals, but average songs. I always felt Break of Dawn, in particular, was (just like the album as a whole) lacking something. The bridge builds up to the total anti-climax of the same chorus again. And again. And again.

I was so ready, after hearing so much about how amazing the songs were, to be blown away by Invincible. Then we got songs like Privacy, Don't Walk Away etc. Instantly forgettable. Cry is a very poor song. That is, badly written. Michael Jackson does not need R. Kelly to write him a song. And it shows here.

There are stories, of course, that Michael knew what was about to go down with Sony and left the best songs off Invincible. I find that hard to believe. Although, Hollywood Tonight was written at this time, so it does make you wonder. This is the album I am most curious to hear outtakes from. I really want to know what it could have been. Or, did we really get the best MJ had to offer at the time?

It's sad to think that that album was the best he could do. Even the cover and booklet seemed half-assed. Like he didn't care anymore.

Too many songs on Invincible are "alright". Not too good, not too bad. But when you have 16 tracks, the really good songs can't make up for the not so good ones.

Simply put, the reason Invincible gets such a hard time is simple - it's just not as good as his previous albums.

I am going to be completely and utterly honest, but Invincible is my favourite album.

The R&B and the ballads on it are truly beautiful, and I would pronounce Invincible as MJ's best work ever if it were to have Blue Gangster and A Place With No Name on it, in m opinion 2000 watts should not be on the album, it does not suit it.

Apart from that; it is my fav album ever.

I too think that Invincible is underrated but I love every album, so I can't say which is the worst.

There are some masterpieces on the album (Unbreakable because of the lyrics, You Rock My World, Speechless, Whatever Happens), but there are also some songs which I really don't like that much (You Are My Life and Don't Walk Away are much too corny, Heartbreaker sounds overproduced, Invincible and Heaven Can Wait are boring), and, to be honest, some songs on the album are one of the worst Michael ever did: 2000 Watts (When I listen to it I'm always like WTF, this song is so odd, and NOT because of the pitch of Michael's voice) and Privacy (it has a strong message, but it is the worst rock song Michael did).

Although I doubt it will happen, I'd love if Sony/the Estate did one of two things this year to mark 10 years since Vince.

Either release a double Anniversary album with the original 16 songs on one disc and a new disc of outtakes (10vincible, anyone?)

Or, release Invincible 2. A brand new disc of the best outtakes from these sessions.

Either one would be brilliant. I guess that means it won't happen..........

Although I doubt it will happen, I'd love if Sony/the Estate did one of two things this year to mark 10 years since Vince.

Either release a double Anniversary album with the original 16 songs on one disc and a new disc of outtakes (10vincible, anyone?)

Or, release Invincible 2. A brand new disc of the best outtakes from these sessions.

Either one would be brilliant. I guess that means it won't happen..........

Yeah, too good to be true. They'll probably use these outtakes, screw around with them (Teddy Rilley style yo!) and release them on upcoming poorly promoted mediocre albums along side with classics like the Cascio tracks and such...

All jokes aside, I highly doubts they'll relese untouched outtakes from any session... ever! Well, maybe after they use every MJ song they have, maybe then they'll release the untouched outtakes/demos to make a few extra bucks off fans who would LOVE to hear those.

Either that or we'll hire someone to hijack The Estate's vaults and leak everything online. *insert sarcasm here*

What a beautiful disaster would that be, eh? :p

Last edited:
AndreyZidane™;3316857 said:
Yeah, too good to be true. They'll probably use these outtakes, screw around with them (Teddy Rilley style yo!) and release them on upcoming poorly promoted mediocre albums along side with classics like the Cascio tracks and such...

All jokes aside, I highly doubts they'll relese untouched outtakes from any session... ever! Well, maybe after they use every MJ song they have, maybe then they'll release the untouched outtakes/demos to make a few extra bucks off fans who would LOVE to hear those.

Either that or we'll hire someone to hijack The Estate's vaults and leak everything online. *insert sarcasm here*

What a beautiful disaster would that be, eh? :p

:hysterical: anyone here working for wikileaks?

Ok, let's stop dreaming. I think the probability of getting a Thriller re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-issue is higher than an album of Invinceble outtakes. :(

Invincible is such a underated album. Personally i dont like Cry, and Whatever happens and Heartbreaker. While i do love all the rest. My favorites being YRMW, Speechless, The Lost Children , and Threatened.

Im also hoping for more Invincible outtakes....i wanna hear a song simalar to TJ on the HIStory album

There was a rumour with Rodney Jerkins releasing an album of Invincible outtakes, dunno what the heck happened with that.

Invincible isn't given as much praise as it deserves. It's one of my fav albums of all time.

I did read somewhere that MJ chose all the 'crappest' songs for this album because he knew Sony wouldn't promote the Invincible Album anyway. Doubt there is any truth to it though.

Back