MJ's children were 'excited' about concerts

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
storya3578652c431f5ae88b93104f48a5a73.jpg

Tickets for Michael Jackson's ill-fated gigs at the O2 were snapped up by fans in their thousands, but the superstar's children were just as excited about the concerts.

"The kids would've finished their school term and so they were going to be invited to come to rehearsals and spend more time with us," revealed Kenny Ortega, Jackson's close friend and creative director of his This Is It shows.

"They did visit us on the set," added Kenny. "They came when we were shooting the Smooth Criminal sequence. So they were able to see dad working as a filmmaker and in front of the camera as well."

The King of Pop was survived by children Prince, Paris and Blanket, when he died on June 25 last year.

Kenny however, would not speculate on whether they would follow in his footsteps by also becoming performers.

"Oh, I have no idea," he said.

"They're young and they're bright and they're getting a great education. They're lovely smart kids. I had a chance to get to know them a little. But Michael kept them apart from the work because they were in school."

Video comment - http://itn.co.uk/afd583321121683f698212c587d549f6.html

Last edited:
sounds like they had a great time right untill the last minute then :give_heart:

yeah kenny talked about it a few times.said mj spent most of the time aksing him if the kids were behaving lol

^^ did he? lol! I haven't heard this before. I actually thought the kids weren't allowed to attend the rehearsals because Michael wanted to surprise them at the show.

aww. who wasnt excited about the shows? god i wish he made it :(

^^ did he? lol! I haven't heard this before. I actually thought the kids weren't allowed to attend the rehearsals because Michael wanted to surprise them at the show.

well it was the filming of the smooth crim vignette (sp) sp not normal rehearsal. theres photos of mj and the kids arriving on set taken by the paps.last pics taken of them together around the end of may

well it was the filming of the smooth crim vignette (sp) sp not normal rehearsal. theres photos of mj and the kids arriving on set taken by the paps.last pics taken of them together around the end of may

oh I see, thanks for explaining, I misunderstood.

Reading these kind of stories about Michael's children. Just makes me cry all over again. And it just makes me so damn angry at the monster that forever took away their father. It makes me wonder now if they have ever seen their father's HIStory, Dangerous, and Bad Concerts. And really saw how amazing their father was.

I read that Paris spent most time watching her father on dvd and youtube? after his death but the boys didn´t.It´s different how you can cope with a fathers death.

Travis Payne said that Blanket was most excited when they were doing rehearsals at home.

I am so happy to read that
Prince, Paris, and Blanket
were able to see their father, Michael Jackson,
at work on the set of "This Is It".
That is a memory they can cherish for a lifetime.

why mention this now? of course they were excited! we were all excited!
now I feel sick to my stomach just hearing about these concerts why does he need to reminds us what a happy time it was?
so what if they saw him rehearsing? they didn't gain anything they lost him forever later on and this stupid DVD and these stupid rehearsals can't make up for the loss. I wish they never happened!

This is makes me want to cry but you know, I'm happy that they at least got to see his rehearsals. Seeing Michael perform, rehearsal or not, would be a wonderful experience and they deserved to see their dad's magic more than anybody.

I wish they could have gotten the chance to see his concerts live. This is so heartbreaking.

This just makes me more upset. We were all so close to seeing Mj's vision. I wish the kids could have had the chance even more than us.

they did see him perform what more can I give :)
Well they were there for the 30th anni as well. But I doubt they can remember anything, they were 3 and 4 years old then, and his youngest wasn't even born. So I go by no, they didn't see him perform really. They were toddlers then.

they didnt attend the actual rehearsals but this was the filming on the sc clip thats played b4 the performance. it wasnt an actual normal rehearsal

yeah kenny talked about it a few times.said mj spent most of the time aksing him if the kids were behaving lol

Michael was a wonderful Dad...I am atleast happy they DID get to see Michael doing this...it is so heartbreaking thinking about those poor children.....:(

At least they saw their dad doing what he did best. Its so heartbreaking hearing this, they don't deserve this.

Back