MJJC Server Memory Upgrade

Dear Members,

As you have noticed over the last few weeks our traffic has increased immensely,

Although this is always a good thing it does come with its impacts.

One is we can not sustain a service on our current server memory, therefore I have had no alternative to increase our memory from 4 gig to 8 gig, this although good does come with a financial impact of it increasing our server cost by 40.00 GBP per month.

This is a temporary measure to ensure service to you never stops until I find a supplier that can offer us the same or more for less money.

With this all said if any of you are able to donate a little amount to ensure while we have this extra burden we can get through it as a community whilst I endeavour to find us a home that is competitive and gives us the power to continue uninterrupted.

To donate simply hit the donate button at the top of the forum or go here - http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/misc.php?do=donate

Thanks for your support and patience whilst I find us the best place possible to carry our incredible home.

Regards
Gaz

Thanks for the post. I have heard that its good that it was upgraded.

Aouch :doh:

Tomoz, I'm gonna put some $$$ on my Paypal so I can finally buy some MJJC stuff...
Yeah, "Pay day" has been 'gentle' this month :tease:

Thank you GAZ - Yes please do move it up if possible. We need to have our MJ home open for June 25th
will be lots of traffic here and Lots of special events honoring MJ from Forest Lawn and around the world.
Plus we need to hold and support one another. Its a very emtional day for us fans .. we need to be together

Thank you GAZ - Yes please do move it up if possible. We need to have our MJ home open for June 25th
will be lots of traffic here and Lots of special events honoring MJ from Forest Lawn and around the world.
Plus we need to hold and support one another. Its a very emtional day for us fans .. we need to be together

Well said Qbee!

So it's not enough to only have a donations goal on this site with how much money you want for this site, it's not just enough that in order to access a section of the forum you have to pay for the privilege of doing so but now you are actually asking people for money and the only people in this post that you "like" the comments of are those who have given you money.

This forum is fucked up. It shouldn't be about the money. It should be about MICHAEL. I won't be giving you another cent

So it's not enough to only have a donations goal on this site with how much money you want for this site, it's not just enough that in order to access a section of the forum you have to pay for the privilege of doing so but now you are actually asking people for money and the only people in this post that you "like" the comments of are those who have given you money.

This forum is fucked up. It shouldn't be about the money. It should be about MICHAEL. I won't be giving you another cent

I don't really get you. Keeping any site online costs money, especially when it is as large as this one, visited by so many people. It also takes a LOT of work and time from the staff people here. They do all the work for free and spend their spare time keeping this site online so that we all can have fun. We should thank them instead of wanting them to pay for what they do for us. It's only fair that we share the costs. It is our site, our community. If we want to use it we together have to pay for it. If you don't want to pay (don't like the site that much, don't have money etc.) nobody forces you to.
I think it's very fair from Gaz that he informs us where the donations go and how much money we need. It is actually great news that the site is being upgraded.
As for the "liking" of posts - the button says "thanks" not "like". It's only polite to thank people for their donations.
Besides, I thought all sections were free... ?

I don't really get you. Keeping any site online costs money, especially when it is as large as this one, visited by so many people. It also takes a LOT of work and time from the staff people here. They do all the work for free and spend their spare time keeping this site online so that we all can have fun. We should thank them instead of wanting them to pay for what they do for us. It's only fair that we share the costs. It is our site, our community. If we want to use it we together have to pay for it. If you don't want to pay (don't like the site that much, don't have money etc.) nobody forces you to.
I think it's very fair from Gaz that he informs us where the donations go and how much money we need. It is actually great news that the site is being upgraded.
As for the "liking" of posts - the button says "thanks" not "like". It's only polite to thank people for their donations.
Besides, I thought all sections were free... ?

It is not free to access 2000 Watts. You have to donate to the forum and then get given a password to access it

razza1987;3653606 said:
It is not free to access 2000 Watts. You have to donate to the forum and then get given a password to access it

You don´t have to donate,just ask staff for a password

When I joined this forum you could not access 2000 Watts unless you had donated

I have no problem with seeking donations. What I have a problem with is asking people to pay money to access a full forum

Edited for clarity

2000 Watts Now Password protected - Get Via PM Only

Hi Razza, Yes that was the case back in april of 2011 (Over a Yr ago) but we resolved that a long time ago . It was only in place for 2 1/2 months. Since tlast year at that time all access has been free to all members. It is clearly posted in the help and information center. Access was originally offered to legacy members and by invitation. but donaters said we should have access too. So we also gave them access. It was never our intent to charge anyone. Access was given to donaters becuase they requested access and we agreed they shoudl have it. But that was resolved and changed shortly becuase members misunderstood our intention. So we changed it back for them. We only took the initial action to protect 2000 watts from abusers who were causing us copyright infringment claims and take down notices. Only when Donaters asked for access did the confusion come. We didnt realise it would be percived as we were charging for access. our intent was to Just allow donaters access along with Legacy members and those invited.

So PM me for the free Pass if you dont already have it and you can donate to help the board if you wish. but Its certainly not required for any access to our forums

I really don't mind donating when I can. A forum with as many members as this is hugely expensive to run. It's not fair that the burden to pay should fall on the shoulders of one person. We all enjoy our time here and we gain so much from it. Helping with costs is a very reasonable thing to do.

I really don't mind donating when I can. A forum with as many members as this is hugely expensive to run. It's not fair that the burden to pay should fall on the shoulders of one person. We all enjoy our time here and we gain so much from it. Helping with costs is a very reasonable thing to do.

Thank you so much for your support, this is exactly how it is.

And guys all sections are free to view once you become a Proud Member after 10 posts,

I am totally angered by this blatant slap in my and all my staffs face for all we do, I just take encouragement that this person is the very minority who want to attack us in this manner and now as you can see they are no longer welcome here based on that and the inaccurate of their attack.

I share so you are all aware of what I incur in fact although I don't I could even share the invoices if you wanted to see them pm me.

For those that have and continue I can not thank you enough for assisting is the continuation of our community.

And do you know what makes this worse, I have just checked my pm's and this member pmed me for the password in February of this year and I gave it to which they have since been using 2000 watts - despicable.

ehhmmm...
maybe he just forgot it?
I mean maybe he forgot that we don't need to donate to get the password?

Back