MJJC Legacy Project - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

ooo great idea!!
Lets create a Michael Jackson forest from donations!!!

Quick Ques - trying to donate but cant find anywhere on the form to put the reference no in...do you know where you add this?

Re: MJJC LEGACY INITIATIVE - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

OK done
but there is no place to type ref number of MJ fund

Can we consolidate tracking code of our member in here and mail to them that the money of all number come from us MJ fund?

I already posted on FB and will tweet this news and will write mail to friends in YT too. Let us make it together the first step :)

Thank you for the idea hope we can do more as Ms Mo adv

I planted 25! Here is my receipt code -
1316-2101-1-790631-808411

Please can someone store everyone's code and email them so we can keep a track of how many trees we've planted in Michael's honour. I looked everywhere for an email address but couldnt find it.

Thanks

Very nice!
I donated and sent them an email with my name and reference number.

What a beautiful idea. Michael would love this.
Heal the world :)

This is a great idea! :clapping:
I have contacted the organization with my question about how to link a donation to this specific fund resp. this reference number and hope to hear back from them tomorrow. :timer:

All over the world. It is an international project but focuses mainly on the Atlantic forests.

The reason the Atlantic forests in Brazil is the main area of concern is becuz this particular area of rainforestry is considered the LUNGS of our entire planet due to its vast size. It's believed that the destruction and deforestation in this part of the world is what's leading to the majority of our climate changes. So altho other forest areas are important to the ecosystem, the Atlantic forests are the most critical as far as its effects on the entire world. Everyone can learn more here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caQYef5_SkI&feature=channel

I would advise that if you are going to do it online that you send a separate email to them indicating that you would like your donation to go towards the MJ Memorial Fund and give them the reference number. You can also PM me and let me know your name and I will speak to our contact person who make sure that it is assigned to Michael's fund.

If you call the 1-800 number, then you can give the number over the phone.

If you decide to post a cheque/postal order, please attach a note indicating the reference number!

Thanks guys!!!

This is the best idea, Nancii. The following email should be helpful as far as customer service. natureconservancy@mailca.custhelp.com Be sure to include your receipt code AND the Memorial fund's reference code so they can match your donation appropriately.

Is this project for a limited time?

The plant-a-billion-trees initiative is supposed to last until 2015 or until they get a billion trees donated. Until such time we can donate as many times as we like...whenever we're feeling charitable and/or ecologically inspired. :)

Also, I'm with MsMo that it'd be great to see us do more of this sort of thing involving other legitimate charities in good standing whose work match the ideals Michael stood for. And when I say legitimate charities in good standing I mean those who have an "open book" policy in which the public has access to their financial records to see exactly what's going on (as with the Nature Conservancy). And they are also in good standing with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) along with Charity Navigator who rates charities. This way you are assured that the money you donate is going precisely where it's supposed to and for the purpose you intended which is very important, imo.

Thanks to MJJC and the MJJCLegacy team for supporting this idea in which fans can collectively contribute to something in Michael's memory that he was very passionate about. These trees are like permanent gifts that will keep on giving...for all of us...and in Michael's name/honor. :)

ETA: Thanks to fans who are sharing this info on twitter and other places. Altho this is a MJJCLegacy Initiative, it would be helpful if the Michael Jackson Memorial Fund info was shared on as many fansites as possible. That way as many fans who are interested can participate. So if you are also a member of another MJ fansite, please spread the word. This project will effect all of us as co-habitants of the planet, not just MJ fans. Plus, after seeing This Is It and seeing/hearing Michael's speech on how he wanted to help the planet, I know some fans and moviegoers were inspired to do something to continue his work. This can be one of those things. So please continue to share this project whereever you think it will be effective. Thanks.

Re: MJJC LEGACY PROJECT INITIATIVE - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

:clapping:

Michael would love this :)

Just a gentle bump. :)

Hi Katrine - I advise that you send them a separate email to the Nature Conservancy providing the details of your donation and asking them to assign it to the MJ Fund (quoting the reference number). You can also PM me with the details and I will speak to our contact there to make sure that your donation is put in the right fund.

Thanks.

Me bump too.

Thanks for that information Wendy2004!

Donated $10 and about to send them an email with the tracking number and Michael's fund reference number.
Hope this works:)

ps, could we see the list of such as who donate and how much in Michael's fund on their website?

i like the idea!

It's a fantastic initiative :D

done and done!

can i do this where i live to let people know and maybe people where i live try to help where i live cause where i live they cut down trees is very sad cause they had to make mores roads cause where i live we got too many people who drives :yes: so i just through i try to get people to help maybe i can get my comminity where i live to join too i love the plant too i wrote about 6 different songs about the plant :D :yes:

so i love to join but i don't how too i don't have much :no: too much on buyying on MJ :yes: :giggle:

If anyone receives an email response from the NC stating they were able or unable to match your donation, please post here so others know it's going smoothly or not. Thanks. :flowers:

I LOVE this idea. I've been anxious to something in MJ's honour. I'll definitely be donating.

Oh, this is great. Thanks for taking action. You know I already thought about planting a tree in honour of MJ. I don't need this project, will dedicate & plant my own tree for him.

Now this is a worthy cause. I will make as big a donation as I can. I was going to buy a new monitor... but maybe that can wait.

Thank you for this TheChosenOne :huggy:

A wonderful thought.Just donated some although i couldnt find where to place the code.Nevermind aslong as it helped.

this is so beautiful idea! do we know where this trees will be panted?

I just donated $10 and sent them an e-mail with the reference number. I love this idea and indeed it would make Michael smile in heaven! Can we do this every year around the same time ?

This is an on-going project for both the Nature Conservancy and the MJJC Legacy Project.

That is great!!! :)

I just wanted to complain of something which concerns trees. A group of workers came today at home and rooted out 6 fruit-trees which were in our backyard because they will build a road there :/ No one was informed about that and it just sucks! I planted one of the trees when I was 10 years old :(

Back