MJJC Daily News Thread [July 6 2009].

Re: Judge backs Michael Jackson lawyer and friend

John E. Schreiber, an attorney for Katherine Jackson, said, "Frankly, Mrs. Jackson has concerns about handing over the keys to the kingdom."
Paul Gordon Hoffman, an attorney for Branca and McClain, said some of Katherine Jackson's concerns were unfounded.
"We're not aware of any real conflicts at all," he said in response to a claim that the men may have business dealings with parties such as concert promoter AEG Live.

SOME concerns were unfounded, but not ALL concerns were unfounded.

I hope teh judge allows Katherine as an executor, that way, Londell has access to all teh work these people will do.

These people fear Londell and they know they won't have a free hand to do the deals they want and pocket backhanded money when he's on board.

It's hard for one lawyer to fool another lawyer.

I find it funny if Branca and Mclain are really honest, why are they trying so much to block Katherine?
That's like trying to block Michael from his own stuff. And Katherine knows a lot that went down between 2003 to 2005 when some were trying to force Michael to sell the SonyATV share. She was in the meetings.

There is no third executor and they are fighting to exclude another, when Branca drafted the thing with 3 executors.

Branca is a friend of people close to Sony who will scheme if Michael's family is not in the loop. They even try to object to Katherine being able to object against certain actions they take.

Re: Judge backs Michael Jackson lawyer and friend

I find it funny if Branca and Mclain are really honest, why are they trying so much to block Katherine?

Because that is not what Michael wanted. If he had wanted Katherine to be executor, he would have named her as such in the will.

Jermaine Jackson May Perform at Michael’s Memorial

Jermaine Jackson, the velvet-voiced brother of Michael Jackson, may perform at the end of tomorrow’s Staples Center tribute to the fallen King of Pop.

Sources say that Jermaine will represent the Jackson family, singing Charlie Chaplin’s “Smile.” If this comes off as planned and hoped, Jermaine will steal the spotlight from many superstars including Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Usher, Mariah Carey, and Jennifer Hudson.

Twenty five years ago, Jermaine released an album that should have made him a star in his own right. But for reasons that remain unclear, after he had hits, Jermaine’s career fizzled. This should be an extraordinary moment for him.

Meanwhile, as I predicted, Stevie and Smokey are on the show for tomorrow, as well as Mariah—who will undoubtedly perform “I’ll Be There” with Trey Lorenz, plus Lionel Richie. Sources tell me there may be something from John Legend and Akon.

But basically, there is little time for rehearsal or soundchecks with a 10 a.m. start time tomorrow. So the show—live around the world—will be like one of producer Ken Ehrlich’s Grammy presentations. Hot stuff.

One thing to look for: the appearance of Jennifer Hudson. The very private performer may very well be eight months pregnant, and showing like crazy. There will be lots of talk in the wake of all this. But don’t expect Hudson to discuss it. She’s doing this her own way.

http://www.showbiz411.com/jermaine-jackson-memorial?50d60df0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-rLA4POkIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-rLA4POkI&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Back