MJ was a Sex God -- While Media Pretends Not to Notice

16343_1093406314697_1812736978_192674_7183621_n.jpg

I want to be that girl!!!!!!!!

:flowers: Thank you! I just love analyzing =) and I, of course, echo your sentiments. :D

Well, a combination of things, I think. To call someone a cat means they're hip, slick, cool, smooth, from the 20s term "cool cat" or "hep cat". But I think he's also referencing, literally, a cat - because of their fast, sleek, graceful agility and confidence. Silly Bary, makin' up phrases. =P ...There is, however, something very feline about MJ that's also connected to his sexiness...and that's semi-confusing, LoL... =P

Thanks!
Well, in Brazil we call handsome sexy people 'cats'. LOL In fact, on the Querida magazine cover scan I posted a few pages behind the word used to say 'hotties' is 'cats' in Portuguese.I didn't know it meant the same thing in English. Cool. =)

Ohh, that's interesting! I didn't catch that before. =P Well, in the US, I don't think you'd find 'cat' under synonyms for 'sexy' in an urban dictionary, but if someone were to use it in that context I don't think it would be too strange and people would get it, I think. The beginning of the "Smooth Criminal" sequence in TII, where he's watching and grinning, that's pretty much the perfect setting for this word in American culture...yano, the 'Guys and Dolls' type thing. ;)

Ohh, that's interesting! I didn't catch that before. =P Well, in the US, I don't think you'd find 'cat' under synonyms for 'sexy' in an urban dictionary, but if someone were to use it in that context I don't think it would be too strange and people would get it, I think. The beginning of the "Smooth Criminal" sequence in TII, where he's watching and grinning, that's pretty much the perfect setting for this word in American culture...yano, the 'Guys and Dolls' type thing. ;)

In Brazil, it's something like this:

*cute guy walks by*
Girl speaks to her friend: Que gato hein? (What a cat, huh?)
Friend: É mesmo. (yeah)

And the word 'dog' (cachorro) is used to describe bad guys, the cheaters and so on. LOL

Another interesting fact is that Michael had a connection to felines in general. You see them on the Thriller album cover, on Smooth Criminal, Remember The Time and Black or White short films. Even the werewolf he played on Thriller video was more of a feline monster than a wolf properly as said on The Making of Thriller.

Bumping this thread up.

Found a newspaper clipping from 87 that describes Michael as "raw sex".
Just ignore the J-word.

(you can click to enlarge)

1217254552295093.jpg

1217254553250066.jpg

"...this frail boy has become rock's most sensual performer. He is pure sex."

"Japanese mums expecting little Mikey may be a touch shocked at naughty Mike and his raunchy, suggestively sexual routines. His face glistens with sweat, the black leather bondage outfit twists in hip-thrusting movements suggesting that even if he is pop's oldest virgin, as he claims, someone has given him a few pointers."

(Am I missing something here? Did he ever "claim" to be a virgin? Eh.)

Anyway, what's interesting is that the press acknowledges his raw sex appeal in his movements and stage presence, but at the same time rips him apart for his "ugly" face which they claimed to be falling apart.
I came across another article from the same year that described Michael's face as some kind of "Egyptian deathmask or Terrahawks creature. His eyes are heavy with surgery (um, really?), the skin stretched tightly like leather. His closest living relative would be Tammy Bakker or possibly Nikki Lauda"

And another implied that he could only get older women (Sophia Loren, Liz Taylor, etc), because he wasn't man enough to get a young bombshell or whatever, or because he was either afraid of or uninterested in sex.

On a side note, man, some of these news clippings are brutal. I've always avoided reading tabloids or anything offensive like this, so reading articles from the year I was born is pretty shocking to me.
They were cruel to him. I was in tears reading some of the things they wrote.
Even when he devoted his time to visiting sick children in a hospital, they mocked him, calling him "DOCTOR *****" or "CARING *****".
So wrong.

I mean, whatever, hate the guy if you want, call him a freak if that's what gets you off - but give credit where credit is due. Don't mock him for being a good person.

Sorry to get a little off-topic there, but it made me so upset.

Little sparrow, great article. All the crap, though, it's truly shocking, isn't it? I never get used to it... and I'm afraid for all the talk of "rhinoceros skin," Michael couldn't possibly have gotten used to it either. What I can't get out of my head is the image of Prince, Paris and Blanket reading these things for the first time. God, it's just kills me, those poor things.

But "Raw Sex"! Um, yeah, I think that fits that boy on stage. Why, oh why, could he not have brought more of it offstage with him. When did it happen each night... when the chains and buckles came off his legs, the leather slipped off, his protective armor gone... and perhaps a woman awaited, and he had no sexy costume to give him confidence... or perhaps he kept the bondage clothes on? That's rather a pleasant image... There's just no way that was a complete act on stage. I know men... I know men who are innately sexy, it carries from on and off the dance floor, it's hard to separate the two. Guys are just sexy or they aren't (sorry men, but I do firmly belief it can be learned. I like to think I've taught a couple... :) ).

Little sparrow, great article. All the crap, though, it's truly shocking, isn't it? I never get used to it... and I'm afraid for all the talk of "rhinoceros skin," Michael couldn't possibly have gotten used to it either. What I can't get out of my head is the image of Prince, Paris and Blanket reading these things for the first time. God, it's just kills me, those poor things.

But "Raw Sex"! Um, yeah, I think that fits that boy on stage. Why, oh why, could he not have brought more of it offstage with him. When did it happen each night... when the chains and buckles came off his legs, the leather slipped off, his protective armor gone... and perhaps a woman awaited, and he had no sexy costume to give him confidence... or perhaps he kept the bondage clothes on? That's rather a pleasant image... There's just no way that was a complete act on stage. I know men... I know men who are innately sexy, it carries from on and off the dance floor, it's hard to separate the two. Guys are just sexy or they aren't (sorry men, but I do firmly belief it can be learned. I like to think I've taught a couple... :) ).

I wholeheartedly agree with this post...:wub:

Bumping this thread after a pretty long time with a blog post from a (male) Brazillian TV host written on 06/29/2009. The TV host is called Marcos Mion.

Here's is an interesting excerpt of it:

O frágil se tornava gigantesco, o feio se tornava deslumbrante, o medo se tornava sexy, a repulsa se tornava atração e a aflição, nada além de admiração. E como é possível explicar algo assim? Não é. É um dom divino. (...) uma força interior tão forte que tinha a capacidade de fazer até seus críticos e inimigos pararem e olharem atônitos aos seus passos de dança.

The fragile becomes gigantic, the ugly becomes astonishingly beautiful, the fear becomes sexiness, and the repulse becomes attraction and the affliction becomes nothing more than admiration. How can you possibly explain this? You can't. It's a divine gift. (...) an inner force that makes even his critics and enemies stop and look at his dance moves in amazement.

That is so cool!
A little twisted from my opinion, but so cool all the same.

Bumping this thread up.

And another implied that he could only get older women (Sophia Loren, Liz Taylor, etc), because he wasn't man enough to get a young bombshell or whatever, or because he was either afraid of or uninterested in sex.
Tell that to brooke hogan who wanted to give him 2 more babies, the veronicas who wanted to marry him and TLC's Chilli who also wanted to be with him.

That is so cool!
A little twisted from my opinion, but so cool all the same.

Yeah. He's journalist by all means. He's a fan, but he's a journalist and wwe can count on our fingers the number of times Michael's sexiness is rightfully acknowledged.

That makes me remember of the "What if Michael Jackson was a pimp" joke by Chris Tucker and also that plans for Dirty Diana on This Is It Tour.

Tell that to brooke hogan who wanted to give him 2 more babies, the veronicas who wanted to marry him and TLC's Chilli who also wanted to be with him.

That Brooke Hogan is younger than me. haha I had to google her. I had no clue who she was.

And honestly I never heard of anybody publicly assuming being sexually interested in him. How did you know about those girls?

Bumping this thread up.

Found a newspaper clipping from 87 that describes Michael as "raw sex".
Just ignore the J-word.

(you can click to enlarge)

1217254552295093.jpg

1217254553250066.jpg

"...this frail boy has become rock's most sensual performer. He is pure sex."

"Japanese mums expecting little Mikey may be a touch shocked at naughty Mike and his raunchy, suggestively sexual routines. His face glistens with sweat, the black leather bondage outfit twists in hip-thrusting movements suggesting that even if he is pop's oldest virgin, as he claims, someone has given him a few pointers."

(Am I missing something here? Did he ever "claim" to be a virgin? Eh.)

Anyway, what's interesting is that the press acknowledges his raw sex appeal in his movements and stage presence, but at the same time rips him apart for his "ugly" face which they claimed to be falling apart.
I came across another article from the same year that described Michael's face as some kind of "Egyptian deathmask or Terrahawks creature. His eyes are heavy with surgery (um, really?), the skin stretched tightly like leather. His closest living relative would be Tammy Bakker or possibly Nikki Lauda"

On a side note, man, some of these news clippings are brutal. I've always avoided reading tabloids or anything offensive like this, so reading articles from the year I was born is pretty shocking to me.
They were cruel to him. I was in tears reading some of the things they wrote.
Even when he devoted his time to visiting sick children in a hospital, they mocked him, calling him "DOCTOR *****" or "CARING *****".
So wrong.

I mean, whatever, hate the guy if you want, call him a freak if that's what gets you off - but give credit where credit is due. Don't mock him for being a good person.

Sorry to get a little off-topic there, but it made me so upset.

The press being brutal with Michael started really early on. A lot of people think it started in the 90s. It started as soon as he became a megastar. I think jealousy and fear were the motivation. And it just snowballed. Damn tabloids.
I think stage Michael was real Michael. He was comfortable and uninhibited. He didn't like to speak in public, so he was nervous and kind of put on a persona. But, imho, Micheal performing on stage, was the real deal.

RLMAO I know!!!

Chilli went on and on about how much she loved Michael, I remember her saying that on their top 25 video countdown.

I didnt know Brooke said those things rlmao...I probably would have gave Michael a child my damn self...yes the natural way:dancin::dancin::dancin:

For a longtime I could not view Michael in that way...not that it was bad..it's just he's such an adorable well mannered sweetheart I'd feel bad doing so....but his moves were just....:wub::wub:

Michael had alot of sex appeal....so much sex appeal he needed to get arrested for it, the media was jealous so of course they ignore it.

I'm a straight guy, but Thriller-Bad Era MJ would be the only thing I would possibly turn gay for.
I don't like the way he looked 2001 onwards, mostly to the cosmetic procedure he had on his mouth/lips which made him loose that classic, flashy smile.

Bad era Michael Jackson, damn I wanna look like that

wow never saw this thread before! it's fun to read these types of threads...reminds me of the curls thread last year. im glad we can still enjoy Michael like before

My feelings as a guy: Michael during the Bad Tour is like the pinnacle of Human existence. It's perfection. His body is the expression of raw emotion. And we know the emotion in Give In To Me or Dirty Diana....

I dunno if the other hetero- dudes here feel this too, but with Mike, it's like I can appreciate his beauty, passion, rawness as if I was a girl. (never liked guys but Mike is different)

I'm a straight guy, but Thriller-Bad Era MJ would be the only thing I would possibly turn gay for.
I don't like the way he looked 2001 onwards, mostly to the cosmetic procedure he had on his mouth/lips which made him loose that classic, flashy smile.

Bad era Michael Jackson, damn I wanna look like that

Bad Era. Oh yeah...........

Bad era is just sex. He just looked so unbelievably hot and perfect and ugh!!! Watching clips from the Bad tour gets me all hot and bothered. Its a shame I wasnt even a live back then because I would have been such a groupie. :haha

With that said I thought he was very handsome and good looking before hand, but from the Bad era on he just had this swagger that was very sexy. He was more boyish cute for me during Thriller and OTW.

Bad era is just sex. He just looked so unbelievably hot and perfect and ugh!!! Watching clips from the Bad tour gets me all hot and bothered. Its a shame I wasnt even a live back then because I would have been such a groupie. :haha

With that said I thought he was very handsome and good looking before hand, but from the Bad era on he just had this swagger that was very sexy. He was more boyish cute for me during Thriller and OTW.

I'm glad we can all agree on "Bad Era"
his adrenaline was always through the muthafuckin roof, I was watching Yokohama "Heartbreak Hotel" and after the second bridge he spins and hits the crotch grab, I thought I was gonna die.

It was like Michael was showing us what he was made of, don't get me wrong Michael was always hot stuff....but omg during Bad Era he was such a damn teaser.
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

This is a great thread! Michael was so sexy!! To deny his sex appeal is unthinkable and yet so commen when we turn on the tv. I personally feel that many people were attracted to Michael but never wanted to admit it. But he truly was beautiful in every way, inside and out. No question about it!

I'm glad we can all agree on "Bad Era"
his adrenaline was always through the muthafuckin roof, I was watching Yokohama "Heartbreak Hotel" and after the second bridge he spins and hits the crotch grab, I thought I was gonna die.
It was like Michael was showing us what he was made of, don't get me wrong Michael was always hot stuff....but omg during Bad Era he was such a damn teaser.
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

So true! He knew how to get to the fans sexual fantasies with his moves. He knew he was sexy, he was just always so modest about it but you can't deny his swagger in each and every era!

This is me everytime he does the crotch grab
:wild::clapping::D:yes:

Michael looked very good in the Bad era but I liked him now even more because he knew who he is and that gave him a lot of trust,so he was even more sensual:)

MJ looked amazing during the Bad era, but for me MJ was too hot to handle during the Dangerous era, videos like "In the Closet" were sooo steamy.

I think it all comes down to attraction. We are all attracted to different things. There are men that the media will proclaim are attractive, but i just don't see it. I could care less what the media says, to me MJ was always sexy, the way he worked that pelvis speaks for itself.

i think he was a sex god through out his entire life. they down played it from the get go. Michael's Bad era sexy and Dangerous era sexy was long after the otw era sexy and the thriller era. They were all different in a way but the same. Hes always been sexy its just taken people this long to see it.

Michael is a sex god for sure!! ..he is the ultimate fantacy if you ask me! :wub: :naughty:

..and p.s. there is something hot about (non gay) guys liking Michael in that way.. dont know why lol!

Back