MJ & Team Check Out Las Vegas Shows

I think alot of this over familiarity comes from the fact that Mike performs his biggest hits and tries to recreate the music video on stage. that was great back in the day, but now we've all seen them too many times it would be good (for us and probably him) if he did something different. The general public won't have seen his performances as often as us, but I guess a large proportion of them will be checking out the net (youtube etc) to see past performances. This is when keeping it the same could backfire. Even the general public will be miffed if they see him performing the same routines as on youtube, especially if he mimes his way through it. If that's the case reviewers may well end up saying they should have stayed at home and watched Bucharest DVD or youtube.

Mike does need to mix up the arranagement on the songs, the costumes slightly and the choreography to make it fresh. BUT I think the best thing to do would be to have an extravagent set with massive screens, moving sections, and anything else to make the experience more special. Mike's old end stage setup is very dated and boring these days. Other artists, such as JT, Prince and many others have really experimented with other styles of stage over the past 10 years and Mike could learn alot from the ones that worked really well.

I think that this Travis Payne dude is very good. I see his style on Michael in that video montage.

Actually Travis dances AS Michael durign the THRILLER performance *when he has the mask on* (on tour).

He can really move!

I think alot of this over familiarity comes from the fact that Mike performs his biggest hits and tries to recreate the music video on stage. that was great back in the day, but now we've all seen them too many times it would be good (for us and probably him) if he did something different. The general public won't have seen his performances as often as us, but I guess a large proportion of them will be checking out the net (youtube etc) to see past performances. This is when keeping it the same could backfire. Even the general public will be miffed if they see him performing the same routines as on youtube, especially if he mimes his way through it. If that's the case reviewers may well end up saying they should have stayed at home and watched Bucharest DVD or youtube.

Mike does need to mix up the arranagement on the songs, the costumes slightly and the choreography to make it fresh. BUT I think the best thing to do would be to have an extravagent set with massive screens, moving sections, and anything else to make the experience more special. Mike's old end stage setup is very dated and boring these days. Other artists, such as JT, Prince and many others have really experimented with other styles of stage over the past 10 years and Mike could learn alot from the ones that worked really well.

Michael, hire this person!!

I think you can't escape similarities, because the songs are the same and the singer is the same. But I agree that a lot can be done with the stage, because indeed, much more is possible these days, and also because he doesn't have to have a stage that has to be put together in 24 hours in different places. More sets, better light, more gadgets and special effects. And let's not forget about the music. I don't think the arrangements should change that much, the public loves the originals. But a surprise or a twist here and there wouldn't hurt.

And if he does a J5 medley... choose different songs, or a different order. And don't start them with the same line we have heard since the beginning of the eighties ;)

Back