MJ & Team Check Out Las Vegas Shows

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Michael Jackson and his team checked out some shows in Las Vegas (USA) over the weekend.

Michael Jackson, choreographer/director Kenny Ortega, choreographer Travis Payne and two members of his staff attanded the early Le Reve show at the Wynn.

Later, Kenny Ortega and the others - excluing Michael Jackson, watched Criss Angel`s late show of Cirque du Soleil`s 'Believe'.

It is assumed that the visit to Las Vegas was a scouting and research trip to see the latest innovations in the entertainment industry.

Kenny Ortega has worked a lot with Michael Jackson in the past and will be responsible as director and creator for the O2 concerts in London (UK). He was the choreographer of the movie 'Dirty Dancing', directed the successful 'High School Musical' movies, staged Madonna's concert tours and also created the Sirens outdoor pyrotechnics show at Treasure Island in Las Vegas .

Travis Payne has worked with Michael Jackson on various award shows, music videos ('Scream') and tours (Dangerous World Tour, HIStory World Tour). Furthermore, he was a choreographer for series such as Dancing With the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, and Everybody Loves Raymond, worked as a choreographer on films, music videos, and commercials, and was a host of Popstars. He has won an American Choreography Award and several MTV Video Music Awards.

Vegas Deluxe - Robin Leach

I just read this too. U beat me too it! lol

Looks like MJ might use Criss Angel instead of David Copperfield for some magic tricks in this series of concerts.

Don't forget that a while ago I forget when but Michael met with the producers of Cirque Du Soleil (Guy Laliberté and someone else cant remember who - I think it might have been Jerry Bruckheimer not sure) in Vegas a while ago.

Michael has always been a big fan of Cirque Du Soleil and now has seen all of the shows in Vegas apart from Zumanity.

Cirque Du Soleil's "O" was conceived by Franco Dragone. Dragone produced the Celine Dion "A New Day" spectacular and also produced "Le Reve" (and FYI "Le Reve" is basically another version of "O" permitting a few acts and not using the Cirque Du Soleil name).

Anything that would involve Guy Laliberté, Franco Dragone or Jerry Bruckheimer IMHO :O OMFG! yep I think I would die. It is bound to be brilliant if Michael is getting ideas for "This Is It" from these people or the shows they have created.

I for one would like to see Copperfield in the show. But I haven't really seen Cris's
stuff. Anyone have a link?

I for one would like to see Copperfield in the show. But I haven't really seen Cris's
stuff. Anyone have a link?
Just youtube his name. Angel has copied alot of Copperfields stuff.

I personally feel that Dangerous was a rehash of BAD Tour and HIStory was a rehash of Dangerous Tour. There wasnt really anything new in it so Im hoping for a revamp and considering MJ is asking us to pick the setlist is a GREAT sign!

Last edited:
I personally feel that Dangerous was a rehash of BAD Tour and HIStory was a rehash of Dangerous Tour. There wasnt really anything new in it so Im hoping for a revamp and considering MJ is asking to pick the setlist is a GREAT sign!

correct 100%.

I'm starting to think the rumors about someone flying or be airborne during these shows "might" be true. There's a lot of that type of thing in all the shows mentioned in this thread. :)

It's a bird, it's a plane....it's Supa "Kang" (

One things for sure, Michaels going to take concerts to the next level.
???? :fortuneteller:
I personally feel that Dangerous was a rehash of BAD Tour and HIStory was a rehash of Dangerous Tour. There wasnt really anything new in it so Im hoping for a revamp and considering MJ is asking us to pick the setlist is a GREAT sign!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Tours are hardly different from previous ones. yes they may have different themes but the style of the artists are still the same.lol. I think the setlist/artist is still the thing that makes the tour.

I think that this Travis Payne dude is very good. I see his style on Michael in that video montage.

As someone who has seen the Bad Tour 9 times, and the Dangerous tour twice, I can tell you that the two are nothing alike except for WBSS. If you watch the two, they have a completely different feel from one another.

I have been to a BAD concert and HIStory concert and even though they may have a different feel to it (for many different reasons) the layout is pretty much the same. For example, J5 medley and when MJ pretends to cry, Thriller, Beat It and Billie Jean etc Its basically the same show, just some different songs. Same stage setup, same cues. Yes the intros and outros are different but there isnt that much different from each of them TBH

I have been to a BAD concert and HIStory concert and even though they may have a different feel to it (for many different reasons) the layout is pretty much the same. For example, J5 medley and when MJ pretends to cry, Thriller, Beat It and Billie Jean etc Its basically the same show, just some different songs. Same stage setup, same cues. Yes the intros and outros are different but there isnt that much different from each of them TBH

ok then so how do you propose to change it?

seriously yes true different stage set up etc but to change HIS cues would be like changing how you brush your teeth. what so just because youve seen it once you think he should change it? When somethings perfect do you change it?

ok then so how do you propose to change it?

seriously yes true different stage set up etc but to change HIS cues would be like changing how you brush your teeth. what so just because youve seen it once you think he should change it? When somethings perfect do you change it?

great question... personally... I dont care if all his concerts were all similar... eventhough they weren't.........

my emphasis is on the fact that Michael through God's grace has made it through that aweful storm... and is preparing to perform again...and breaking records while he is at it....

I don't care if he does the Victory tour over from note to note... I am just so happy to not be talking about yesterday's trial & testimony, what the lawyer is doing, why Sneddon's raided Neverland with 70 officers,etc...

everyone has their point of view.. but from my point of view... the comments about the rehash of tours can be viewed as nit-picking...

There are surely alot of ways and things we each would like to see Michael do, or NOT do.

Ultimately, the fact that the man is free, healthy, and has been blessed with the ability/opportunity to do anything again is what matters most to me. Considering where he stood just a few short years ago, the possibility of prison or even losing his children, makes anything at all now just that much more frosting on the cake.

Sure, we all have our preferences of what we'd like or not like to see him do; but ultimately because he IS free to choose is more than a prayer answered for me.

Last edited:
Hope he enjoyed the show. :wub:

I'm sure Michael and the team are getting ideas, inspiration. :) He wants to make these last shows very special for the fans, trying to think of different ways to do things in the attire of the concert, and that's great.

great question... personally... I dont care if all his concerts were all similar... eventhough they weren't.........

my emphasis is on the fact that Michael through God's grace has made it through that aweful storm... and is preparing to perform again...and breaking records while he is at it....

I don't care if he does the Victory tour over from note to note... I am just so happy to not be talking about yesterday's trial & testimony, what the lawyer is doing, why Sneddon's raided Neverland with 70 officers,etc...

everyone has their point of view.. but from my point of view... the comments about the rehash of tours can be viewed as nit-picking...

There are surely alot of ways and things we each would like to see Michael do, or NOT do.

Ultimately, the fact that the man is free, healthy, and has been blessed with the ability/opportunity to do anything again is what matters most to me. Considering where he stood just a few short years ago, the possibility of prison or even loosing his children, makes anything at all now just that much more frosting on the cake.

Sure, we all have our preferences of what we'd like or not like to see him do; but ultimately because he IS free to choose is more than a prayer answered for me.

:clapping: Great posts. I feel the same.

dangerous tour>bad tour, and idk what u were watching because non of his tours were the same

eye of the beholder....

Indeed it is the eye of the beholder.

How would I change it everyone is asking?

Billie Jean is always the same. Mike has stated himself that he would like to perform it differently but us fans wont let him. He HAS to do the moonwalk on that one cue. I say go for it Mike. Give us want YOU want. Lets not be selfish. Beat It is always the same. Jen comes in oncue with her freaky clothes (although she is a brilliant guitarist!) Thriller is always the same. Smooth Criminal always the same. J5 medley.

The stage is always the same. 30th Anniversary was a good start as it wasnt the band always directly behind him. The band (which was more complex than the usual group of musicians he takes with him on tour) was above the stage and the stage itself was for performing.

With Mike being in the same location for 50 shows means he doesnt have to cart around, take down and put up a stage. He can make the stage as intricate as he wants.

So yeah, different. But like I said, being that MJ is asking us to pick the setlist is an excellent sign and refreshing.

Ultimately, the fact that the man is free, healthy, and has been blessed with the ability/opportunity to do anything again is what matters most to me. Considering where he stood just a few short years ago, the possibility of prison or even losing his children, makes anything at all now just that much more frosting on the cake.

Sure, we all have our preferences of what we'd like or not like to see him do; but ultimately because he IS free to choose is more than a prayer answered for me.[/quote

I couldn't agree more. Thank God for his freedom and the chance to share his God given talent with us.

Indeed it is the eye of the beholder.

How would I change it everyone is asking?

Billie Jean is always the same. Mike has stated himself that he would like to perform it differently but us fans wont let him. He HAS to do the moonwalk on that one cue. I say go for it Mike. Give us want YOU want. Lets not be selfish. Beat It is always the same. Jen comes in oncue with her freaky clothes (although she is a brilliant guitarist!) Thriller is always the same. Smooth Criminal always the same. J5 medley.

The stage is always the same. 30th Anniversary was a good start as it wasnt the band always directly behind him. The band (which was more complex than the usual group of musicians he takes with him on tour) was above the stage and the stage itself was for performing.

With Mike being in the same location for 50 shows means he doesnt have to cart around, take down and put up a stage. He can make the stage as intricate as he wants.

So yeah, different. But like I said, being that MJ is asking us to pick the setlist is an excellent sign and refreshing.

I agree here too. Mike should have the freedom to try new things. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Back